Capcom desperately needs this game to outperform the 3DS Monster Hunters

Capcom desperately needs this game to outperform the 3DS Monster Hunters.

It simply is not going to happen.

>3 platforms
Yeah, fuck off

>Expecting this to perform well on Xbox or PC

It may as well be a PS exclusive. I don't see it outselling Bloodborne.

It's a AAA game that will be sold for 60 bucks on three platforms. It'll easily outperform handheld sales in the west, which is the targeted market for this game.

it might happen. already seen a couple normies mistake it for Anthem and they're hyped for that game so maybe capcom can get accidental sales

You are delusional.

I've already heard a number of normies say they're going to check it out even though they don't know the series. Do I expect them to get past low rank? No. Will they buy it and inflate the sales? Absolutely.

wanna bet half of them will return it because it's too hard?

Monster hunter frontier has a pretty good following.

It caused countless westerners to make fake asian accounts. to play it.

The game is on 3 platforms, There will be people buying it on all three simply to test the connection. there will be people buying the wrong version and then figuring out a different platform plays it better.

The PC version comes out later so there will be people buying the console version to get their fix until the PC version gets released.

Also not nearly as many people as you think actually bought nds Monster hunter. The game was so cheap to make it kind of didn't matter if the west bought it at all.

they wont use that language though. they'll say that the controls are stiff and unresponsive

>I've already heard a number of normies say they're going to check it out
I only got my normie friends wanting to watch me play it. Why the fuck is it so hard for people to play games?

Something I've never understood about the MH series is that it seems to exist primarily on handhelds, when it{s clearly a game that would benefit a lot from having a big screen, tight controls, good graphics, etc. This is why I've completely ignored this franchise all my life, even though it looks right up my alley. And this is why MH World will be the first I try.

I had a couple friends that tried to get into it with 4U, but one's 3DS broke (R button's completely fucked, kinda important for almost every weapon) and the other just didn't like the small screen for MH (can't blame him for that). They're both pretty hyped for World.

they'll also complain about the lack of story and the grind

Either you have surprisingly good insight into the minds of a whole lot of other people, or you have the expected amount of insight into your own mind. I wonder which!

it's actually the opposite of what you said. it's primarily a multiplayer quest based game so being on handhelds is pretty much the ideal environment. capcom wants more cash though so here we are

>it's primarily a multiplayer quest based game so being on handhelds is pretty much the ideal environment

It took like 5 handheld games before Crapcom finally listened and added the much needed online multiplayer so no, it's not ideal at all.
Most of the world is not Japan where people just gather in one place with their kid's handheld console in hand.

Also way to dodge the point of that post, which is about the technical limitation of handheld literally ruining the game experience.

Itll sell fine. Theyre in max shill mode and they have dumb consolefags to abuse
The question is if it'll still make a profit. Hasnt this shit been in development since before 4U or something? Theyre putting a fuckton of money into this when theyve got jack shit

kek, what? I didn't dodge anything? that would be akin to me saying
>way to dodge the fact that you didn't address the fact that I said capcom wants cash

also nothing you said disproves it's the ideal environment so that's like just your opinion, man

You're pretty fucking dumb, dude. I have both consoles and I'm getting it on PC.

>thinking anyone outside of PS4 owners is going to buy this game in any noticeable fashion
>especially since it's MH and 90% of the fanbase exists in Japan and like handhelds more than consoles
Delusional.

I never made a counter claim to your statement about capcom wanting cash, so it's not the same thing.

You said it's the opposite of what he said but you didn't dispute his claims about controls, graphics and big screen.

bla bla bla. I'm not gonna get wrapped up in your semantics game. point is capcom knew what they were doing in keeping the games handheld. my prediction? they split monhun games into handheld games and "home games". provided MHW is successful, I bet we'll see a spinoff or separate series make it's way onto the switch and possibly 3ds and vita

Because nobody played the 360 and Pc monster hunters.
No sir.
People aren't still playing Frontier. Not at all.

>stagnated audience shrinking in 3DS
>countless westerners asking for the series to be freed from handheld hell
>some even resorting to emulating ancient games or the MMO kusoge through proxies
>grinding is huge in the west
>no direct competition
>Vita dead
Gee, I wonder why Capcom moved from handhelds.

Well for starters, Frontier sold like absolute garbage. Care to tell me how many people bought Frontier on PC and Xbox 360? Give me an actual source from Capcom stating the games sales on those platforms in the west.

>inb4 vgchartz
vgchartz is not a valid source and even if you used that the supposed sales for that game on PC and 360 are dog shit so that goes against you in that scenario.

Saying "people still play frontier" is a complete non argument when talking about something selling well.

Yeah, Monster Hunter didn't sell before at all.
MH doesn't move consoles at all

You can't really be this stupid can you?

The mere fact that westerners would go out of their way and make foreign accounts to play MHOnline should tell you that it is going to work out fine.

Haven't played this series since MH3 on the Wii, what's changed about it over its life since?

MH historically sells like shit on consoles.

You sound like people did it by the millions. This is another complete non argument because we know that frontier sold like crap. Also you have absolutely no numbers for MH Online and it being a chink only game means that only a very small number of people are going to even know how to even begin trying to play it.

>some people went out of their say to play MHO so that means MHW is going to well really well on all platforms
>completely changes his argument and switches from Frontier to MHO
Delusional and stupid. Nice.

Nothing.

none of the old changes really matter because world changes everything quite a bit.
>open world
>more complex mounting
>weapons work differently
>different quest system
it's almost a different game

>>more complex mounting
AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

>It took like 5 handheld games before Crapcom finally listened and added the much needed online multiplayer so no, it's not ideal at all.
Well 4U and Generations have multiplayer online whilst being on the 3ds so I'm not sure what you're trying to say. They aren't increasing the number of people who can go on a quest at the same time so I fail to see how the multiplayer is any different to what we already have. That and tri/3U had online multiplayer as well whilst being on the wii/wii u so it's also not the first time we've had multiplayer on a console.

Only bowguns work differently, the rest just got one or two new moves.

>Non-argument.
Using it constantly doesn't make you sound intelligent my dude.
also why are you always looking for a argument.

What do you got to prove?

didn't say it was crazy complex but it is more complex. you can use your main weapon while on the monster now and can change positions

a late PC release will make some people double dip too.

nope. not sure how much you know about the new changes but plenty of weapons have some fundamental changes that will make them play quite differently

3U->4U saw an increase in sales with 4U selling more than a million in the west. Generations isn't a full fledged mainline game so was expected to sell not as much both in Japan and elsewhere. Sales have been consistently higher on handhelds then on consoles so far for the series so it remains to be seen if this was the right decision.

Your main weapon is just a fancy "cinematic" finisher. Mounting is functionally unchanged, they just give you free retries with the hook and let you crawl around

It actually only cost a little bit more to make this than it took to make 3U. Fuck, even Gen/XX took more money to make than this.

Frontier is actually hard even with broken shitty anime weapons.
World is casualized for western dudebros who stopped playing at Barroth

>entire post says nothing against anything I typed out
>just feels like he needs to get the last word
>person I'm responding to gives zero good arguments and pointing that out is now a crime
Nice one, retard.

>WAH IT CHANGES EVERYTHING WHEN IT ACTUALLY CHANGES BASICLY NOTHING
Really nigga?
>open world
ain't open world you retard. They just eliminated the loading screens between zones and increased the size of you hunting areas to about 3 times the normal size. So you can have chases and habitats for monsters.
>more complex mounting
Only adding the ability to switch where you are mounting the monster.
>weapons work differently
They work the same. They added like one or two completely situational attacks on like two weapons. and made animations play out slighting different to the same hitboxes.
>different quest system
You can now withhold retreating from the hunting grounds when you have completed a quest. i don't know if they added the ability to pick up multiple quests at once and complete them.
>it's almost a different game
It's just quality of life changes that this faggot is blowing out or proportion.

Let's say World bombs and sells worse than sales expectations, and even lower than say Generations. Do you think Capcom would try and salvage their investment in the game by making sequels or go back to the 4u engine and make a game for Switch?

Literally Monster Hunter--you know, the first one on PS2--had online multiplayer.

>Goto google
>How to play MHO in US
>First result is complete guide with all links including to fan translation patch

Real hard to figure out senpai. You got the downs or something that you think the average person can't do a 5 second google search and follow a 5 minute or less guide?

The west is a way bigger market than nipland for this game. Even normies will buy this game since they want to slay dragons if capcom plays thier cards right.

Fuck off already nintenbabby your shit console won't have this game so stop fucking complaining.

200k copies on PC. Couple million on consoles with most of that on PS4. Calling it now

Well normies won't be doing that and they're the audience Capcom is hoping to pull in with World.

1) It's not open world. The map is the same, everything is just connected now.
2) the mounting is not more complex, it's more or less the exact same but now there's even more gratuitous button prompts that show up when mounting that the hunter can mount with the hookshot.
>weapons are the exact fucking same,
>how is the quest system different? It's the same shit but you can just continue hunting after the main target is gone

>Capcom desperately needs this game to outperform the 3DS Monster hunters
Why?
>It is not going to happen
How? Are you an idiot?

How is this proof that tens of thousands of people went out of their way to play MHO? You aren't disproving any of my arguments.

>some people play MHO so that means everyone is going to want to buy MHW

Not a single person mentioned console wars until you did. What the fuck is wrong with you idiots?

Are you trying to prove his point or something? Telling him how easy the process is basically means that those "thousands" of gaijins trying to play takes no no more effort to sign up for any other online game. So what's the point of that argument then? Might as well bring up Dragons Dogma Online.

>multiplayer is best for handhelds
What? Handhelds are fucking trash.

I can smell your stink from here, LonelyGaruga

Depends on how late it is.

Japan really likes its local multiplayer so with respect to them he's correct.

>t only a very small number of people are going to even know how to even begin trying to play it.
Have you checked the reddit, various fan sites, etc? There is a pretty large community which is indicative of a fairly large player base.

His point was that it's too complicated for the average person to figure out how to play. That is blatantly false. What are you even talking about here?

And yes Dogma Online is another good example that has fuck tons of English speaking players from other countries playing it.

bruh, japs arent going to bring their fucking console/tower over to their friends house or on the train to just o play some local co-op
maybe they'll bring a laptop but handhelds are fuckin ace for local co-op

>Have you checked the reddit, various fan sites, etc? There is a pretty large community which is indicative of a fairly large player base.
You're not giving any sort of proof of anything here. Care to tell me how many plebbitors went out of their way to play MHO? You're really not giving any solid arguments here. You seem really desperate to defend MHW's potential commercial failure.

So how many english speakers play MHO and DDO? Just constantly saying "a fuck ton" doesn't mean anything.

It just outperformed it by the addition of being able to see the weapons tree in-game and Rollback weapon upgrades. The game is basically the same Monster Hunter but they are adding little details that oldfags wanted long time ago. Also you can play the new game without breaking your fingers or getting eyecancer with that shitty console called 3DS, even PSP games were comfier to play.

> sort of proof of anything here
Neither are you, faggot.

Not wise for Nintenfriends to look down on their PCfriend brethrens like this.

Show some respect.

>MH historically sells like shit on consoles.
Well let's see:
PS2 - The first game ever, at this point it was still a niche franchise, it's not really fair to judge its sales at this point.
Wii - A console which sold 80% of its units to literal grandparents and soccer moms, it didn't _really_ have a pool of 100m possible costumers since most of them only ever played WiiSports. Also the games were blowing up on PSP by this point.
WiiU - A dead console that barely sold more than the Dramcast. 13m total playerbase by the end of its life.

There's always a big factor or two that prevented the franchise from selling gangbusters on homeconsoles. The first time it wasn't popular and the other two were Nintendo homeconsoles (you know, 3rd parties sell so well in them) one of which was a dead generation.

Right now MHX is pretty old, with only a japan-exclusive lazy port on Switch which japanese gamers already played a year ago on 3DS. The game is not exploding on handhelds by Q1 2018 like it was during Tri's and MH3U's releases on Wii/WiiU. The next "Portable" line of MonHun is nothing but a rumor right now and even if it's true it's still 2 years away from releasing at least.
MHW is releasing at a perfect time on systems that not only are popular in the west but also historically support 3rd party games more. Xboners are absolutely desperate for any game, PCbros never really got the chance to play mainline MonHun outside of an emulator, and PS4fags are happy for the return of the franchise on Playstation.

If it was anything like PSO2, there were probably around ~3k gaijins peak when it came out

I'd dare to say the 3ds xl with the circle pad pro was decent. Palms still got too sweaty for my liking tho.

Yes I am, retard. First you brought up Frontier which sold like crap, then you changed your argument to MHO and have no actual proof of a lot of people going out of their way to play it in droves as if they were buying a new retail release. Show me how many people play MHO and DDO right now.

The Wii had 13 million units sold in Japan and Tri only managed to sell 1 million on it.

You seem to have not realized Nintendo faggots are actually the worst kind of cancer, whenever they lose a game you won't stop hearing about it for months, years of spam threads.

Sonybros bitch about it initially and move on.

PC friends make a petition to try to show the company there is a profit to made.

Xboners... Well, they're so used to it by now it's just another day.

Nintendo faggots? Holy shit you will never hear the end of it. It's genuinely pathetic but not unexpected as the majority are children. Mentally, physically or both.

Why are you idiots screeching about Nintendo? No one mentioned sonybros or Xbots ITT yet you dumb fucks bring up console wars when someone says something bad about MH. What the absolute fuck it wrong with you dumb asses?
>inb4 nintenkiddie
I have a PC.

>Can't keep track of which poster he's responding too.
You've the reading comprehension skills of a ten year old, big surprise there. I have not commented on Frontier even once in this thread.

>Show me how many people play MHO and DDO right now.
You've got access to the internet, find it yourself fucboi. Or are you really too fucking stupid to use google, so you thought getting access to chino land games was hard? Rofl, you can't help this level of downs.

Ii love it when Sup Forums makes predictions. It's not like you're always wrong or anything.

Trust me Japs, are gonna love being able to play MH on their televisions again.

>3rd party doesn't sell on Nintendo system
Shocking.

But MH4 sold a lot on the 3DS?

k, nintenkiddie

>inb4 but i have a pc

100k Xbone
600k PC
2500k PS4 (because of japan)

I don't see it going back 4m (using RE7 as an example)

Why are Nintendo drones so absolutely assblasted over this game?

But user... he kind of summed it up pretty accurately. Nintendo fanboys have been shitting up every MHW thread because they arn't getting it, even though they get their OWN exclusive title.

It's pretty silly really.

Because they're too stupid to build a PC.

Maybe, maybe not. Most of them are not buying the western shovelware box to play japanese games. It's irrelevant either way, World was very clearly made for the west.

Like I said, the PSP games were exploding by that point. It was (near) the peak of Monter Hunter, which was on PSP. Of course most japs didn't get Tri when all their friends were on the PSP.

PC+Nintendo was never a real thing though judging by the overwhelmingly negative reaction from Nintendo fans here.

You're underestimating how many people are fucking excited to play an actual monster hunter game again. Expect atleast 7mil across all regions on all platforms.

>>Can't keep track of which poster he's responding too.
Well no shit there's no ID's on Sup Forums, in case you forgot.
>You've the reading comprehension skills of a ten year old, big surprise there. I have not commented on Frontier even once in this thread.
And how would I know this? You never said you WEREN'T the person I originally was talking to. And you call me an idiot?

>You've got access to the internet, find it yourself fucboi.
There's no numbers though, and you know this. telling me to go to reddit isn't going to give me any actual sources on how many English speakers do or don't play MHO. bring up MHO proves absolutely nothing.

Even then, only few select titles sell well on Nintendo handhelds. Japs are masochistic fucks who enjoy the crippled experience, so naturally they prefer the handheld torture devices.

Lel

Don't forget how nintendo fanboys made up some tinfoil hat conspiracy theory about Capcom faking the Youtube views for MHW because they couldn't handle the thought that people might be interested in it

>Can't recognize a different poster by language patterns.
So, you do have the reading comprehension skills of a child. Gotcha. We're done here friendo, you arn't capable of any kind of debate other than assblasted whining.

Anyone else glad it's not coming to Switch because of how annoying Nintendo fans were with MH being exclusive? I love seeing the asshurt despite owning a PC, PS4 and Switch.

7 is waaay too much. 3.5-4 is realistic number.

if this game was exclusive to Switch, it would be game over. Sony would be DONE.

It's not too late. Capcom did drop development for a working PS3 alpha build and ported it to the Wii.

This caused Wii to utterly DESTROY the PS3 market.

It can happen. We just need to let Capcom know that our money is good.

Petition time?

Capcom needs to sell seven million units for thing to be considered a success.

It's not going to reach that goal.

How is world "an actual monster hunter game again"? And what existing game in the series is the "actual" monster hunter game you think World will be like?

Right now the PS4 version is currently #276 on amazon US.
Not a totally accurate gauge but it's all we have.