What do you hope the eventual Switch hardware upgrade is like? More portable model? Power boosting dock?

What do you hope the eventual Switch hardware upgrade is like? More portable model? Power boosting dock?

Keep it realistic. Obviously we aren't getting a 30+ hour pocket model for less than $200.

Other urls found in this thread:

aliexpress.com/item/Replacement-Housing-Shell-Case-for-Nintendo-Switch-Controller-Joy-Con-with-buttons-clear-color/32826689501.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

The best upgrade would be discontinuing this piece of trash

>Discontinuing after 6 months

This isn't the virtual boy were talking about

realistically its obviously not going to happen and it it does it will be 4+ years away from now

There isn't going to be a revision, you fucking autists.

Power boosting dock so I don't have to buy an entire new system when the next upgrade comes out

Depends. If we get universal accounts with some sort of Nintendo cloud access to store games/themes/saves, I would gladly by both a portable version, and a home version. I appreciate how portable the current system is, but honestly the switch is simply just too big to take out on a bus. But at the same time, a pocket edition would more than likely not be able to hook up to the tv, so there would need to be some sort of remedy.

Basically, a psvita tv type thing, and a pocket version all sharing data on the cloud. They don't have to come out side by side, but I'd like to get both eventually

HA! HAHAHAHA!

I give it 3 months before a sleeker, more stable system is released. Probably with a longer battery life. Wouldn't be surprised if the new games coming out o ly ran on v2 of the console

If you don't think this you are truely ignorant to the industry. We will get one, but it won't be until Nintendo has squeezed as much out of the original model as they can. 2022 at the earliest.

More power.
I don't really care about portabilty, I just want to play Zelda @1080p/60fps without having to pirate it.

They aren't going to make another revision, they'll just make a sequal for next gen.

And it'll be Switch VR.

Nintendo needs to upgrade to making games for PS4.

Good idea since PS4 has no games because Sony only wants movies

Drops the split controller bullshit in favor of built in controls that have a dpad and are more ergonomically laid out.

Better battery.

Hopefully a bit smaller since the thing is gamegear huge.

A revision is inevitably coming. It's too ingrained in modern nintendo's business model. We got 6 versions of their last handheld.

a more powerful version of the ps4 pro or xbox one x is unironically more likely to occur before a new switch

Switch isn't a typical nintendo handheld

Because it has tv out.

It's still a handheld, and nintendo makes way too much money off their revision crap to pass it up, especially when the first version of the hardware has blatant issues that can be improved.

PS5 is more likely to come out before another upgrade. Switch upgrade is extremely likely to happen in the next 2-3 years.

>it will be 4+ years away from now
pff, please explain why it wouldn't happen. Nintendo totally would, and will, release another Switch model within the next 2 years. I'm expecting a sleeker looking model or an XL version.
I don't think a mini switch will work, since the screen is already small. the joycons are already tiny as fuck and would have to be shrunk if they make the screen any smaller.

>Because it has tv out.
and it's their most powerful console

>nintendo makes way too much money off their revision crap

yeah, on their typical handhelds

>and it's their most powerful console

So?

It's coming in after two consoles that were grossly underpowered. This doesn't have any bearing whatsoever on whether or not they'll do a revision.

>Switch upgrade is extremely likely to happen in the next 2-3 years
nintendo has no history of this nor do they have a desire to raise console specs, a revision for the switch would come much later in the console's life long after when sales drop

Not yet. The only reason it's being pushed as a home console first and formost is to squeeze some last cash out of the 3ds. Once that happens I'm sure we will get a couple more years of the switch being a "console" before Nintendo subtly starts inching it more and more into handheld territory. (Bundles without a dock, lite revision, etc). Sooner or later they will eventually be advertising it exclusively as a portable while they prep the next big Nintendo console.

I hope they introduce transparent Joycons at one point.

I remember when the 3ds was out and people on Sup Forums were claiming there wouldn't be a revision either.

People just get scared of things like that because of post purchase rationalization.

If they don't announce an actual 3ds successor by next e3 it's pretty much just this.

>Better battery.
If Nintendo makes a significantly better battery at this form factor they stop making video games and start making billions with their battery wizardry.

People arent looking at the long-term. Sure right now it is the home console, and will be treated as such for years to come, but do people really think Nintendo is never going to make an exclusively home console again? What happens to the switch when that happens? They drop it completely? No, they push it to the handheld side of the gaming industry that would be currently have no Nintendo representation

do they sell tint transparent joycons

i know switch is gonna get a revision. i still biught one just like i bought an og 3ds knowing they would have 3-4 revisions

There are custom shells already
aliexpress.com/item/Replacement-Housing-Shell-Case-for-Nintendo-Switch-Controller-Joy-Con-with-buttons-clear-color/32826689501.html

I'd be tempted if it didn't void the warranty.

XL
>more battery life
>bigger screen
>improved dock
NEW Nintendo Switch
>portable can handle 1080p
>more power

yeah i mean just look at the wii u XL an the new nintendo 64 and the gamecube s

that battery life is actulaly very little considering how large the device is. look how small ipad minis are and they get 9 hours full use battery

Read this:

In portable mode all games are 720p 60fps
In docked mode all games are native 1080p 60fps

That's really all I need

whether you like the console or don't, the fact is that nintendo has been doing hardware updates and revisions and rereleases for a while now.

I would honestly expect a 400 dollar "pro" edition or a 200 "lite" edition etc.
The mini in OPs pic is something they might try to do but who knows since the joy cons is something that they've been banking on and wouldn't drop altogether as of yet

9 hours of video, music, and web browsing is very different than 9 hours of constant game rendering.

Seriously even simple games like Tetris. Leave it running on an iPad mini and it will last 4 hours tops

really doubt that they'd make a revision like in OPs post where it's constantly handheld. there's already a shitload of games that are local MP only, would be impossible with that design.

If they can get their hands on newer Tegra and instead of getting more oomph they make it less power-intensive, they not only get more life from same battery, they can probably run passive cooling and squeeze even more battery into it.

>It's a home console!

I still don't get how people say this when about 80% of the advertising is featuring the thing being used as a portable.

It just sounds like people grasping at straws.

>I remember when the 3ds was out and people on Sup Forums were claiming there wouldn't be a revision either.
and there wasn't until 4 years later unless you count the xl which was really just the same thing but with a bigger screen and had no changes to its specs

the switch is already as small as it physically can be and one any bigger wouldn't fit in you pocket and not only that but why would anyone pay for a more expensive bigger console screen if you can just put it on a tv? there is no revision happening

Ability to charge while standing on table

So you're trying to base their future actions by comparing it to a completely different product line.

The switch is the best size and detachable joycons is fantastic, Playing an rps with a screen smaller than what the switch currently has is some dumb ass shit.

Unless you're some kind of manlet.

You can't have this and a dock. It's simply not possible.

You say this like there weren't multiple versions of the wii.

They do revisions when things sell well.

wow somebody who actually knows what they're talking about
its a small detail but yeah

rpg*

typo

They'd just need a dock that fits it and people could just use extra controllers.

>So you're trying to base their future actions by comparing it to a completely different product line.

Wut?

I'm basing it on how this company has handled their prior handheld consoles and their trend to pushing for more revisions faster in recent years.

They even did wii revisions because that was a successful product.

uhhh the was a wii mini that had less features and wasn't released in all regions but was the same console other then that
does this really count to you?

bit from the greentext on was for

This is stupid and you know it. Just make the USB-C on the top of the console, problem fucking solved. Also makes way for backpack-style batteries that use joycon rails to hold onto the console.

right, and the Switch is not like any of their prior handheld consoles

>Problem fucking solved

Ok and how do you connect it to the dock now?

I'd think they'd put more effort into releasing a more home console version than trying to make an even more portable version.
The thing is already portable enough.

>People still think this is going to happen
Just accept it already. The Switch is not replacing the DS and is currently being enjoyed as a home console.

but then you have 2 USBC ports to accomplish the same function, or you're docking it upside down that's stupid.

There were actually 3 versions of the wii, you should look in to it.

It's also like cutting some features to make things cheaper/smaller hasn't been their standard MO for their handheld revisions either.

I hope it's...not for a good while.

For reasons that don't mean in any way shape or form that they won't do a revision.

Upside-down you idiots.

I'm still surprised people still buy from Nintendo. The company known for selling the most rehashed games than any other company. A company that has to let everyone know they're getting third party support when you shouldn't have to. A company that pushes more and more gimmicky shit.

To me, Nintendo's home consoles remind me of Clair Redfield. Was hot up until darkside chronicles and afterwards became an ellen degeneres look alike that only appeals a small audience.

Nintendo sees this as a console that happens to be portable, despite what you fags are saying in your echochambers.

The SNES, N64, GC and Wii U didn't get revisions. The Wii did and it was only in one region and it was literally a gimped version of the original system.

You're all idiots.

Not him, but they'd clearly just bundle it with a new dock, probably one that lays flat and you slide the console into on its back.

It would be dumb to change the form factor at all and still expect people to use the old dock. That would be just asking for problems.

having it be their primary home console is a pretty good reason

now you can't remove the joy cons while docked, great.

those werent handhelds like Switch
also Wii U wasnt popular enough
they made 12 million of them for launch, there was no room for a revision because they were still selling their original stock

chef? my pasta is stale

Ok and now how do you remove the joycons?

I think people would much rather be able to dock the system properly than charge while the kickstand is out (a very specific situation many people have never even been in, compared to a situation literally every switch owner does frequently)

wii mini was sold in europe and north america.

transparent shells in general are sexy. I'd totally get the shell that posted if I get a switch.

I just made that on the spot.

>having it be their primary home console is a pretty good reason

How?

How does that mean a revision is impossible?

You just keep saying reasons, but not a single one makes a revision impossible or even improbable.

>New dock that doesn't work with the old model

That is just asking for trouble

Joycon straps are upside-down just fine
Also, joycons themselves need a big revision. I don't know whose idea was to make a plastic catch rubbing on metal rails, but that fucker should be punched in the face.

mama mia, mi linguini no venti

>That is just asking for trouble
How?

If it's designed to fit a new model and comes bundled with the new model there's nothing wrong there unless some idiot can't read, which makes literally every product release laden with issues if you try to build to that standard, even the current one.

You act like nintendo hasn't invalidated old accessories with revisions before.

The joycon straps work because they aren't facing directly toward a table

Charging port on top

I want these so Switch can be flat.

I'll see you in 2019, boyo.

Well no, but to design, manufacture, and distribute an entirely new dock just so you can charge while the kickstand out I'd ludicris. This is a very childish thought process you guys have.

If Nintendo thought it was worth it, don't you think they would have made the dock the way you are suggesting? Or do you think they simply didn't realize you can't charge with the kickstand after months of testing

it means you have nothing but wild speculation to make those claims, so you're basically saying nothing. And the reason you don't do major revisions is because fragmentation is a thing.

It'd only preclude a new model with revised ports, user, which would probably have a whole slew of other revisions.

You are reaching way too hard to make something that's realistically very very simple to design out to be impossible/ridiculous by changing the parameters of how it would be made. That's actually childish.

It's possible, they just need to add a second charging port on the back of the console.

>Repeatedly ask how your reasons make a revision impossible
>Tells me that I'M making wild speculations when he can't provide details for any of his speculation.

Rich.

Also,
>fragmentation

I'm not sure where you got the idea that hardware revisions that don't have exclusive titles cause user fragmentation, because they don't. We have HUGE amounts of precedent that shows that they don't.

Uh, yes they can.

If they literally just made a horizontal dock that would be easy as hell.

Switch mini like that is pretty much what I'd want.
If they did try to do a Switch Lite that cut down on the size like the DS Lite, then the existing joycons would be bigger and probably wider than it and it'd make it look weird, so unless if they tried to push out joycon 2.0 to go with that their only real options are to keep the same formfactor but up hardware, go with an all in one handheld like the OP pic, or go with a console only version sorta like the Vita TV.

A new dock would require
>Factory and warehouse space
>Designers time and salary
>Material costs

And so forth just to ship the revision with a brand new dock, when they could just use the old one and sacrifice charging with the kickstand. Do you have any idea how much money that is? It's a rediculous amount of effort and resorces for barely any reason. Do you not know ANYTHING about creating a product?

It's about the increased development cost, dude.

Now nintendo needs to support a legacy line and do double QA to make sure it works across the board, which is much easier to do when the games are a more traditional handheld scope, look at why the Vita failed

>blocking the ventilation hole

I don't think they make games that can play on a trash can yet, user. Garbage can't play videogames.

>A new dock would require
Okay, so, lets start this all over again.

>It'd only preclude a new model with revised ports, user, which would probably have a whole slew of other revisions.

You keep pretending people are asking for JUST a dock or ONLY that extra port and nothing else, which shows you aren't really paying attention to anything anyone has been saying to you this whole time.

That doesn't change ANYTHING when you realize they can just use the same dock, and NOT change the location of the charging port.

Just because it has other changes does not eliminate the cost of a new dock model

>Now nintendo needs to support a legacy line

No they don't. Have you paid attention to any of their revision rollouts before?

They do this ANNUALLY now, and as old hardware gets phased out the legacy support ends. They clearly have no problem with this or we wouldn't have six different 3ds models.

>But they could just never do a revision at all!

You may as well have just said this and totally missed the entire point of a thread dedicated to hypothetical desires for a hypothetical revision.

It's clearly worth it for them to keep doing revisions for hardware or they wouldn't be doing it more in this last decade than ever before.