are you fucking kidding me?

hahaha

and sony does the sam-

wait

Don't think, just buy it goy

you NEED it

>they gave free ones away twice already
literally why would you ever need to buy a blizz name change

have a couple friends report your name as offensive and you'll get a free change

who cares what your username is goddamn

Is $10 a lot to you?

10 dollars gets me full games on steam.

OY VEEEY OUR SHAREHOLDERS NEED THEIR DIVIDENDS, WE AINT RUNNIN' A CHARITY HERE GOY SO COUGH UP THE FUCKING DOUGH OR GET OUT, WE'VE GOT TAXES TO EVADE.

Change for free immediately:
>Steam
>Origin
>Uplay

Change if you contact support:
>GOG
>Rockstat Social Club

Can't change at all:
>PSN

Pay to change:
>Battle.net
>Xbox Live

Referring solely to display names, the names that people actually see in game.
Clearly Activision is the worst when even EA and Ubisoft are more customer friendly in that regard on the same platform.

It too hard
Name system very compricated

Does gog even display your name in any of the games?

Not that I know of. I guess I meant for in-game and friends, you can have friends on GOG and they'll see that name. Have to wait about a week for support to change it though.

>tfw your steam login name is an email you havent had access to in a decade
>there's no way to change it to something else
>new steam accounts dont require your login name to be an email
suffering

Where does Nintendo fit into this? I know you can easily change your displayed name on 3DS but I don't own a Switch.

I forgot to include them. On the Wii U, you can change your name because you pick a Mii and it displays that name in-game. Not sure about Switch.

Probably in all of them, after all it's nintendo we're talking about

Switch is easy as well.

Just open your profile in top left of the home screen and change it from there.

Damn, how long ago was that? Mine isn't an email and I've had Steam since 2005

>company tries to make more profit legally
>call them out for it

So what, you want them to just stagnate and stop getting profit?

early adopter pains

Yeah, that is pretty early. Even in 2005 it was shit, Steam did literally nothing except be a DRM for Valve games. Fucking friends list didn't even work for years.

>steam
>change name whenever you want to whatever you want even if it's already taken by someone else

>battlenet, playstation, nintendo, xbox
>the option is either not there or costs money

There's no excuse. It's like paying to use your own internet you're already paying for, why do people tolerate it? I hate Steam but their monopoly is well-deserved if nobody else can step up and even ATTEMPT to do better. God consoles are killing gaming.

>do some bullshit and cheat, whatever
>change name and friends
>rince and repeat
This is to at least reduce it.

Nintendo lets you change your name

>retard
>frog poster
who would have thought

I bet the jew did this.

>uplay
Has to be a unique name so it doesn't count

$10 gets you lots of things.

I imagine they don't make millions off name changes.

You'd think the fact that all of Blizzards recent games have all just been excuses for cash shops that people would've figured out by now that they went full Jew years ago.

Hello consolepleb

Are you poor lol for real

>oy veyy 10 shekels is nothing goy
>give it to me hehe
somethings not adding up here

Holy shit so glad I changed before they implemented this. Did it about a month ago. No different than Xbox Live though.

Damn, that's a good idea.

It counts on the list I'm making. Battle.net doesn't have to be unique either, but I'd take Uplay's naming shit over it anyday as long as it's free.

>trying to justify having to pay for stuff you shouldn't have to pay for
If you're willing to throw away ten dollars on something that should be free to begin with you're either careless with your money, a fool, or so wealthy that ten dollars is toilet paper to you. Ten dollars is an hour of hard work to most people. Would you work for a full hour just to change your fucking internet username?

I dont have steam installed because I don't play valve games since I quit dota 2 a couple years ago (Had a lot of fun with it and Tf2 though, and the portal and l4d games, god rest their souls). And anything PC gaming I wanna play, I don't run on steam

The only "DRM" I have on my pc is Battlenet because the only multiplayer games I play are blizz games.

I mean steam's all well and good offering free name changes but why should I use it if I dont have to?

That's not how it works.
If someone reports you for cheating or whatever, they don't just open their client and search for your name but just check the ID of the account in question.

nice blog

>Ten dollars is an hour of hard work to most people.
Damn it must suck to be poor.

>where can I go to feel better about myself
>I know, I'll go to a taiwanese clay pot glazing forum to show off how much money I make and demean others
>that'll show em

friendly reminder that people buy this shit

Is this what poorfag envy is like? Why don't you just see a therapist over those issues or smth

Baited.

I shouldn't have to pay for water to survive, yet...

Why should it be free? The fact is this: Everyone got a new name change for free, if you pissed it away that's your problem and the fee for your mistake is $10.

Is $10 fair? Fuck no, I don't agree with the price but I'm not about to sit here and act entitled to everything a company offers.

I make $150k a year off youtube by stealing peoples videos, and I wouldn't spend $10 on a name change.

Been doing it since vanilla, the only difference is that now they have an in game store. People want to be special snowflakes.

>wanting other gaming services to remain competitive with the objectively best one is now entitlement
Holy fuck I want off this ride if I post my address will someone come to my house and fucking kill me

I wish Steam had the same thing so all those animefags couldn't change their name constantly.

Everyone knows youtubers get free name changes. So of course you wouldn't spend $10 on it. lmao

I need the image comparing GTA4 to GTA5
>$20 then
>an expansion with new story, characters, missions, and cars
>$20 now
>a fucking car

>Why should it be free
Because it literally requires absolutely no work at all on their side. That would be the same as charging money everytime you want to change your avatar.

Actually you get 2 free. 1 just for making an account, and they gave another if you were around during Overwatch launch.

>I make $150k a year off youtube by stealing peoples videos
dude same

Jew detected

They'd been giving them periodically since release of SC2 Wings of Liberty, they just didn't stack.

Actually it depends.
Take Sony for another example. Their shit is so fucked that changing a name literally is a task and a half. And yes, I know it's not possible from the consumer end.
Steam on the other hand built around easy name changes and therefore it requires nothing.

tldr comes down to bad programming as usual

I WISH there was the option to pay $10 to change my PSN name

I must have missed that thankfully, my account is from late '04 and it uses a username.

You sound like a huge fag.

Does anyone here use different usernames between gaming platforms/networks?

I have a different one on all of them.

>pick stupid as shit name
>realize it's stupid
>too poor to change it

Your fault NEET.

Remember where the 40% tax on developers go. You're welcome.

I really do hope all devs create their own stores.
Valve really does need to get knocked back into obscurity, being king of the hill has rotted them.

Huh. People change these all the time to troll me on Twitch. Didn't know they pay money for it.

Because Sup Forums is NEET central

What does Steam have to do with my Blizzard account

>goy pls, 1 cent is nothing, absolutely nothing
>you can't buy anything with one cent, its throw away money
>so why are you mad that we charge 1 cent per bullet in our new shooter?

Ten bucks to change your name hahaha wowfags really are actual faggots haha

you get one for free, so if you already fucked up 2 times it's only your fault op

But it's just a name change. It costs them nothing. How is it ok to charge £10 for literally nothing?

>b-b-b-but valve!

Valve don't ask me for money to change my name.

it isn't but plenty of idiots pay for it so...

Hahaha wowfaggots can suck a dick

I think that's the display name you're changing and not the actual name linked to the account.

Blizzard are really fucking weird when it comes to some things, like identity. They had to be informed of the realities of internet stalking after they told everyone that their real fucking names were going to be attached to their forum posts in order to make them back-track on that. I'm sure they think it's "important" or "weightful" or "buzzword" that you have one, unchanging nick for their service. Same reason why character services in WoW cost so fucking much despite them all being fully automated toggles.

I can eat for a day with $10

yeah you can change your account name and your steam profile link which are the only visible things to anybody