How excited are you to finally play a new Metroid game in a few weeks?

How excited are you to finally play a new Metroid game in a few weeks?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=NjQe-JY77Uk
youtube.com/watch?v=UhOx-FpEAQk
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Pretty fucking hyped desu. Preordered the amiibos, special edition and the Samus Edition New 3DS.

Can't wait

HOLY FUCKING SHIT I'M HYPE

Erect

I am pretty hyped but at the same time i am pretty sad that Nintendo is locking the hardest mode behind shitty toys, it's about principles.

Got one last year.

Hype as shit.

>7.2
>bad

There's games with far worse scores that have been excellent like Alpha Protocol and Devil's Third.

no
i hope its bad though just to see Sup Forums lose its shit

There is a first time for eveyrthing.

pre-ordered but this price is pretty shit

that street gang is coming around to execute me tomorrow i wont get ti play it

Be glad you're getting the legacy edition. We burgerclaps are only getting a CD. Our special edition is so pathetic even GameStop took pity on us and threw in a keychain.

I didn't finished ass2mouth returns but this looks pretty good too.

does this come with the amiibo or you still have to pay for that?

Can't wait

no amiibo

>hype as shit for the marth counter in metroid

People who got to play it at Best Buy this past weekend said the counter is a lot harder to pull off than it looks.

Retro studios had a track record of cancelled games, and look how bad prime is.
oh wait

The game looks fun, but jesus christ it's ugly as sin. Areas look boring and forgettable (visually), and the enemy models are a joke.

>0:19
>aiming and shooting while running

SHITPOSTERS BTFO

I know how to pirate games via freeshop, but how do you pirate amiibos?

>that CGI Samus
This could have been what 2D Metroid looks like, instead we get another Prime on a glorified handheld

>Areas look boring and forgettable

What do you mean? every area ive seen have been pretty distinct from one another.

Dread is like, 99.5% confirmed fag

I'm pretty excited, kind of pissed that I have to spoof the amiibo shit but this could be the first not awful MS project since their Clive Barker game. I'm just worried that Sakamoto will shoehorn more of his waifu nonsense into the game.

>yfw it's another 3DS game

that was 7 years ago user, people change for better or worse
give Sakamoto another chance

Looks rad ad fuck.

He's been doing it since ZM user. That game is the reason we have this awful zero suit nonsense.

I can't wait, Dread in 2020 for the Switch. Dread on Switch, Halo 6 on Xbox One X, calling all heroes.

yes, very excited.

I got a nice discount on it, thanks to an error on another order from Amazon.

Really dont get it since the beginning of the series the incentive for completing the game is to see samus without her power suit

>Dread is like, 99.5% confirmed fag
did I miss something, is there any proof to back up this claim?

Not him but there is no way 3DS is lasting past 2019, especially when there's all these rumors about a Nintendo Switch Slim/Lite/Mini coming either next year or in 2019.

>since the beginning of the series the incentive for completing the game is to see samus without her power suit
Bullshit, until it became widespread knowledge that Samus was a grill everyone thought she was a man, the manual even said as much.

Get your revisionist ass out of here.

?
Who is that purple person?

What's to stop me from just playing that free remake fans made a while back?

I haven't played a metriod game since zero mission. 1st person just killed it for me.

I can back him up, Sakamoto stated that he wants to work on a new game, not a remake after Samus Returns.

Reminder once Samus Returns sells gangbusters /ourguy/ is going to make Dread.

Nothing, but if you're a fan of metroid why wouldnt you play this game? It seem sto be very different from AM2R and will probably be the better game overall anyway

Excited. I have the special edition preordered and can't wait to play this game. It's going to be very fun and I can't wait to enjoy metroid again. I'm excited for 4 as well on the switch. Wish I could pre order it.

If Samus Returns doedn't sell Dread is 100% off the table.

Not him but it will sell well.

>He doesn't think Samus Returns is going to sell one million units in its debuting weekend

Sakamoto will never be our guy. Never.

>japan hates metroid
>britbongs dont care about it
>US is doesnt know about it

Whos the audience?

Nothing is stopping you, but there's no reason to not play Samus Returns as well. They are both completely different. You can enjoy both; one doesn't have to replace the other.

>instant kill melee counters and EPIC boss takedowns
>aeon powers that literally make you invincible

Look I think the game will be ok but saying it has a chance in hell of being better than AM2R is just ridiculous.

Sup Forums, but they will pirate 10 copies each and than wonder why there won't be another 2D Metroid

Metroid fans and curious first timers. Trust me when I say Samus Returns is going to eviscerate past Metroid games in terms of sales.

There seems to be a big push to spread awareness for it in Spain of all places. I didn't think there'd be such a fanbase for Metroid there.

Prime 4 might. Samus Returns? It will be a modest success.

>>instant kill melee counters and EPIC boss takedowns

You're going to have to elaborate on this

>aeon powers that literally make you invincible

Source?

Most "gamers" are also casual morons who spend most of their time with games like Skyrim and Zelda that do most of the work for them.

But clearly Sup Forums knows better right? Us shitposters are truly the pinnacle of the gaming populace.

Get an amiiqo or a bunch of cheap Chinese NFC cards off Amazon. The rest is easy if you know where to look.

>2.5D
When both a game from 20 years ago and a fan game look better you know you fucked up. I'll probably get it anyway to see if Nintendo can still make Metroid games.

Found the guy who gets it.

Top looks better.

APOLOGIZE

Damn, this game would have been perfect but no, Nintendo ruined it by releasing its shitty toys

HURR UNLOCK HARDEST MODE WITH THIS SHITTY FIGURINE GOOD GOY!

It's not the same bros, it's not the same

>/ourguy/
He truly is

>Co-creator of the series
>Lead designer and co-director for Metroid (NES)
>Directed Super, Zero Mission and Fusion
Why would I apologize when Sakomoto is based as fuck?

>complaining about the amiibo nonsense

Buy the game, pirate the amiibos, just like with Smash and any other game that extensively uses them. Tell Nintendo with your wallet that you don't accept such blatant anti-consumer practices.

Looks shit just like the castlevania game on 3ds.

2D metroid difficulty modes were just "hard mode double damage" unlocked after beating the main game once

x2 damage is the laziest way of having a Hard mode. locking x4 damage behind a toy is nothing to cry about.

Will most people enjoy being one-shotted for the first half of the game that much?

I think it looks ugly and I never cared much for Metroid 2.

I apologiiiize

youtube.com/watch?v=UhOx-FpEAQk

It's better than only losing the barest sliver of health when you get hit by a boss. You're supposed to learn to avoid attacks, not tank them. Metroid combat has always been about proper positioning and near-constant movement.

>Metroid combat has always been about proper positioning and near-constant movement.

Super, Fusion and Zero were all about tanking enemies with health and missiles.

Only low item runs are remotely challenging

You can immediately tell that bottom is an unofficial fangame. Why the hell is the metroid sprite so dark? Why does it clashes so much with the assets lifted/based on Fusion/ZM?

Which is worse, Samus Returns melee counter or Other M's insta-dodge and ability to recharge your health?

Other m's is worse obviously.

SR's parrying at least requires timing, besides, it has a cooldown on failure which makes it non-spammable

The 8 direction shooting is still there when moving.

>new Metroid game

>tit lights
I knew he was going to fuck it up somehow
dropped

Never played Metroid before. It looks alright I guess? Nice 3D in the trailer.
Kind of want that squishy amiibo but it sucks that it's in a double pack, which is always ridiculously rare outside of Splatoon, AC, and Smash.
Eh. It was just one of those series I never got into despite playing mostly nintendo consoles, like Zelda.

>When both a game from 20 years ago and a fan game look better
But it doesn't. IT's jsut that one is in 2D and the other in 3D that's it.

Those scalpers will be happy you paid it

she's had lights on her chest since prime

>>instant kill melee counters
Actually, it just grant you an instnat charged shot. look like a good mechanic.
>and EPIC boss takedowns
You try to make it sound like it's a bad thing, but everything I have seen of it make it look like a good reward for timing skill.
>>aeon powers that literally make you invincible
It's not unlimited and all the aeon ability use the same pool. You'll have to manage that like the Missiles and power bombs.

>It was just one of those series I never got into
Most people didn't which is reflected by sales and time between game releases.

doesn't count

>Those scalpers will be happy you paid it

?

Super and AM2R both do look better than SR, which looks like a shovelware game.

ebin

Dude, those lights have been there since prime.
They were also there in Zero mission.

It's like you actually want to have reason to be angry.

What about this shitty ass boss is supposed to prove your point?

>revisionist garbage

bye

Well that's unfortunate for fans I guess, I know how that feels as that happened to a lot of games I like. It looks like an alright series I guess.

see

you'll still play it.

>Super and AM2R both do look better than SR
They look different, not better. Because one is in 3D and the other in 2D.

any places still selling the metroid amiibo?

looks like amazon's stopped