He plays PUBG or Overwatch

>he plays PUBG or Overwatch
>doesn't play an FPS that requires actual skill
what's your excuse, Sup Forums?

Because my entire childhood was Quake 2 and Quake 3 Arena, and these days nobody else appreciates this kind of shooter and i'm not exactly good enough to keep up with the remaining 10 or so people that care and completely outskill me.

I've just stopped playing shooters entirely since its all garbage these days.

>no reloading
>only relies on being high on caffine and twitch spraying for kills
>doesn't require any tactics, meta, skill based posistioning, team understanding, character understanding, map knowledge

Quake champions is like babbys first fps
literally just run and shoot

How long until the Crowbcat video?

>the opponent literally respawns in 3 meters away from with nothing just to be fragged over and over again like shit

I play all 3 and have fun doing so, faggot.

I just can't enjoy any team based fps after playing Tribes 2 for half a decade.
I miss the vehicles, I miss jetpacking, I miss the bases, and so on. I also prefer CTF over team deathmatch games.

This looks identical to the new Doom multiplayer, which nobody liked.

PUBG is the most casualized form of shooter yet, a battle royale game where you can win without killing a single player. Now it's impossible to play a shooter that doesn't involve 5 minutes of running between gunfights. Fucking casuals.

looks stupid

I don't have an excuse, I play Quake Champions every day.

I'll just be happy if the game can have its little niche with a healthy enough playerbase. I know it won't be popular.

The FPS market is over saturated and we all want instant gratification. You need to realize that skill isn't valued in the current year.

I dunno if I could get into this. Get one-shotted by some autist hopping around who you don't even see just doesn't seem fun at all.

Nobody thinks PUBG takes skill or tactics though

>he plays quake
>not tribes
slow/10

thats slow down right?

>p2w garbage

You never played quake or are so bad at it that the only thing you can do is shitpost.

you don't know what you're talking about

git gud

Don't need one, because I play games like Xonotic or UT2k4 instead of hero shit like Quake Champions

Reloading is a red flag.

clawz won and that guy has no fucking strategy and the only reason he managed win any games at Quake live sunday cups was because he has godly lg aim.

Has anyone ripped Doomguy's models, yet?

I don't want to commit myself to just playing one game exclusively.

>complaining about no meta
meta is the worst thing to happen to multiplayer games in recent memory

Xonotic is so good, why can't it just have more players.

you're right everyone should just do the exact same thing and the only deciding factor should be mechanical skill

>shit at game
>"reeee only noskill faggots play this game"

If the games really take no skill, then surely you, user, should be able to get atleast Masters, right?

reloading introduces weapon skill
knowing how many shots you have in a fire fight makes for a higher skill ceiling as you need to know if you have enough rounds to kill the guy you're after
whereas this trash is just
LOL UNLIMITED SHOTS PEW PEW PEW

>doesn't play an FPS that requires actual skill
But I do play paladins with mommy inara

>posts webm of himself with quad
>skill

exactly

Actually, yeah, that's exactly what games should be about. Pure, raw skill.

Nice aimbot. Please do post more, it's very interesting seeing a computer program playing the game for you.

>UT2k4
are people still playing this?

I got old and don't have the time to get gud anymore

Yeah 'cuz you need those things to play Overwatch.

>hiding around a corner and hitting a button is a skill in shooters now
wew lad

cypher is quake pro who has been playing over decade.

Sorry quake doesn't have it built in like overwatch.

I'm shit at fpses
slow reflexes, bad hand-eye coordination

>running around like a mongoloid spraying everywhere is skill

oldfags make me laugh

Yes?
Is that an issue?

Was never any good at these games, preferred RPGs and slower stuff

i would play it but the hero skills thing legitimately threw me off of playing it

>play blue haired bitch
>see timer on screen
>vanish 5 seconds before quad spawns
>stand on it
>telefrag anyone who tried to pick it up and get free quad
>skill
Yeah, so much skill.
More like Overwatch with bunnyhop.

UT2k4 is more popular than UT 2017.

You have never played Quake (or any Arena FPS), be honest.

Nah. Might as well play CoD if all you want to do is sneak up on people and one-shot them.

overwatch literally requires more planning and skill just by having reloading
Look at his previous posts

yeah, skill is what matters

This

>git gud
There's no incentive to git gud.

Sounds perfect.
Just give players a gun, a map, and movement. That's all that's needed. Everything else is superfluous and gets in the way of a raw contest of skill.

There's no way nobody would see you vanish before picking up the Quad Damage. It lasts for 2-3 secs tops and Quad is always in a large, spacious room where it can be seen from any direction.

Quad damage, very balanced so much skill, you totally outplayed everyone by one shoting everyone without any counterplay just because you got a random spawn.

are you describing overwatch? because in quake you actually have to aim to hit targets none of the weapons spray fuckngi anythnig you would know this if you played any real shooters

>champions

nah

well you can get to Masters by just playing Mercy which requires literally zero skill

dps main master btw

>this is what overwatch babbies actually believe

damn I should reinstall
last time I tried I couldn't find any servers

Then why is support the most underrepresented role in upper ELOs, if it's so easy to climb with them?

>himself

I don't support shit netcode.

That's strange. I booted it up a few weeks ago and could find like ~200 players on servers.

Controlling armor pickups alone takes more brainpower than anything in PUBG or Overwatch.

what's with the disgusting overlay on the viewmodel

Well, it's not like they're wrong.

Games like Overwatch and League require more then just raw, mechanical skill. There's knowledge factors aswell as game sense. I wouldn't say Quake is like a baby's fps, I'd say it's one that requires on more of a simple skillset.

You don't know maps nor mechanics of the game and I doubt you even played it.
You can hop half of any map in phase, trash.

>finally getting worn out of 1.6 and TF2 after 15 years
>buy QC
>mfw
It's like being a kid again

You know why arenafags love movment so much? Because they have to rely on the enemy being bad at aiming to survive. They love mashing space bar and zooming around through copious health drops and power ups. They don't have to be good themselves, just move enough so that the enemy can't hit you while you spray shotgun pellets in their general direction and chip at their health. It's not superior gameplay or skillful aiming or master tactics, it's using movement as a crutch for poor reaction time and lack of skill.

When they have to play a fps that requires you to shoot first, you can't run away or bounce across the map instantly, they fold.

Fucking Overwatch baby.

>Controling
Lol more like getting lucky, or having an autistic timer next to you that tells you when its time to bhop to your pickups that make you imortal.

i don't play those
and i certainly won't play an asymmetrically balanced game and pretend it "requires actual skill"

Why are you acting like OW and PUBG dont have pickups lol

>sucking dicks requires zero skill
seems like no girl ever blew air on your dick

my excuse is that bethesda fucked up the netcode for this game, and it feels like im playing with 100 lerp with how much delay there is to everything even though i have 30 ping

Nice baseless accusations.

They're not as crucial as in Quake.

I am the prince of Nairobi. See, I can make things up, too!

newest dead game fotm
enjoy your 1000 peak players on launch day

meanwhile i'll just have fun in overwatch in my diamond matches and enjoy myself with all those nice and skillful people i've met

>meta
>requires skill
Fuck you, meta is the cancer that makes games like overwatch so repetitive. Meta always ends up making every match the fucking same because everyone uses the most overpowered combos/team comps/whatever to eke out the very maximum advantage they can possibly have. When everyone uses the same shit the game might as well be decided by a coin toss and any characters, compositions or strategies that aren't "meta" might as well not exist.

you have hp packs and armour packs, and unlike overwatch you don't have infinite ammo or skills on a cooldown (only the new quake has skills) so no, they're still wrong, you have to have game sense and knowledge as well not that those factors mean a lot even in overwatch either but raw skill and smarts should be the only factors

Netcode is complete garbage
It's really evident the "your FPS is your upload rate" is too much for the fragile servers to handle
Also the really inconsistent and fucked microstutter or frame rate traps no matter what settings you use.

At least a couple of new maps popped up without me realising it. Now if only they were fun to hop around without shit like the server rewinding you because "oh you jump a lot as Doom so I guess you double jumped instead of strafejumped so have fun losing speed and suddenly flying up into the air".

But if both teams are using the same compositions, doesn't that make the playing field even? Like Quake players say all FPS should be?

I play minecraft

What's your point? You either have a meta, or you have no choices at all. As soon as you introduce choice into a game, you will automatically have an optimal choice, and thus a meta. Ultimately, no matter what, every player will be using the exact same thing whether they're offered a choice or not.
So if one of them isn't decided by a coin toss, then why would the other be?

That's fine when the game is designed to have a perfectly level playing field but with shit like overwatch you're missing out on a lot of potential content and creativity because everyone needs that absolute maximum chance to win.

Well, for a first, knowing the locations of items and objects on the map are the baseline of knowledge required to be proficient at either Overwatch or League.

Second, since things like reactiontime are largely genetic, and don't have a lot of room to be improved, wouldn't that make the upper rosters extremely static?

Controlling 200 health heal packs in OW is critical to playing flankers or protecting yourself from one, massive part of the game.
Besides this is just a niche part of a bigger concept, controlling areas. There will always be chokepoints or good kill zones to control in video games, this is not a fucking quake exclusive thing.

Jesus, you're uninformed. You're either baiting or just really stupid.

You're supposed to strafe/rocket jump as well, lad. It's a two-way street.

Due to balance changes, what's best and what's viable change each patch. It leaves the playing field extremely dynamic. Not to mention that almost every Hero has pretty obvious counters, that make coutnerpicks effective. Even so, someone extremely proficient with a Hero can play them in any meta. It's why we still see Gm Hanzos, and Junkrats that carry games.

wheres the skill here? he's just aiming his crosshair over people and shooting

i play and enjoy both, QC for high paced reflex shooting and PUBG for tactical approach, what now

>you're right everyone should just do the exact same thing and the only deciding factor should be mechanical skill
>this is a sarcastic statement in 2017

It feels so good to see Quakefags get BTFO. They're some of the most insecure bunch of virgins I've ever had the displeasure of interacting with.

They know that their game doesn't require any brain cells to play. It's not a thinking game. So they cling to this silly notion of it having the most
RAW
MECHANICAL
SKILL
(Where tribes has it beat out) Overwatch quite frankly is a more complex game since there's so many factors you have to take into account. Team comp, ult management, matchups, managing reloading, etc

Are people actually comparing Quake to PUBG? Holy shit

I already play rainbow six siege.