Anyone see this game before? I actually had fun playing it the last two days

Anyone see this game before? I actually had fun playing it the last two days.

Not posting the name of the game will help the discussion

War of Rights

So an American civil war game? The screenshot says alpha so I assume it's some early access drivel too.

>War of Rights

Can't wait for the devs to be outed as Lost causers.

It looks good and i love the civil war period but i doubt it'll get popular enough for the giant battles it envisions

>The orders will move down the chain of command, to the Colonels, Majors, down to the Captains in charge of the individual regiments, all of whom have the option to follow the orders of their trusted commander, or rebel against his wishes and fight as you see fit.

It'll be a mess and impossible to organise outside clans

I played the original M&B mod they made and it was pretty fun, but I don't really have confidence the devs can pull off actually releasing this game in a state that does their aspirations justice,

That sounds cool as hell but there's no way that'll work well at all. Anyone know any good civil war era strategy games at least?

I enjoyed ultimate general: civil war. Its got simple RTS like controls with a basic campaign layer that involves building your army between battles and buying guns stuff. The AI manages to put up a good fight but the Union always seems to be timid when they're attacking (that might be intentional im not sure)

There's a couple of big companies / regiments already. I stumbled into a company doing a random drill while I was learning the game.

Really friendly community.

Daily reminder that 1stTX is best WoR regiment

>It'll be a mess and impossible to organise outside clans
Then join one. I used to play a lot of Mount & Musket and Napoleonic Wars in a line regiment, and it's actually a lot of fun.

Sid Meiers Gettysburg and Antietam, Civil War Generals 2. Those three can be downloaded for free as freeware. Ultimate General: Civil War is a new one that's supposed to be good.

Thanks, I'll look into that. And the Union thing does make sense considering they only went all out after Gettysburg.

Biggest complaint I've read is that the battle outcome doesn't really matter in the end.

Is this game still active?

Yeah, pretty active. There's huge battles every Saturday, and sporadic battles (mostly with randoms and people not in companies) throughout the week.

How do I buy into it without paying 300$ and why ain't it on steam yet.

It's on Steam. You can spend 50 - 60 of your valued currency to get access to the Skirmishes (alpha with 64-man battles). 30 gets you into the beta, and like 15 gets you the game when it eventually releases.

Yeah the game has the set-up of a multiple path campaign, but it doesn't.

However, what does matter is do too poorly and your army will be understrength and poorly equiped. So you can't lose too much for your own sake. Or get too costly wins.

When's it releasing?

So it's like a shitty Napoleonic Wars?