What exactly is the point of going from GTA to RDR?

What exactly is the point of going from GTA to RDR?

>No gigantic towns and cities to explore around endlessly
>No inclusion of countless cars, planes, boats, or any real vehicles (besides horses and trains)
>Way less weapons, and far less interesting
>Not as many civilians, police, etc to fuck around with
>Less humor, no radio stations, less media, less mini-games

Even if the story, graphics, missions are technically better, it's missing so much content. I like GTA because it's a rich, interesting world, with an insane amount of content and attention to detail. Changing this to an undeveloped, empty environment seems like a waste of time. They've basically swapped out a lot of the sandbox for tamed and primitive immersion.

less is more

You'll get to kill racist slave owners as a black man.

RDR's gunplay was a lot more interesting than GTA's. Also the time period is a lot less explored in media so it has a lot of novelty.

>He missed the subtleties

>GTA
>detail
Literally every 'pro driving video' from GTAO is some faggot doing 1080s off mountainsides while driving at a 45 degree angle offroad because all the tires are apparently magnetic.

The point is going from RDR to RDR2. Of course, Mustards wouldn't know about that, nor they will.

Some people prefer the countryside to the city. I always found the streets of gta a bit mundane personally. Very pretty when it rains but essentially a series of corridors with minor variations. Id rather play in a paddock than a haĺlway

Fun.

So you didn't play RDR? It and GTAIV were both masterpieces of fine detail in design AND gameplay. GTAV is shit. RDR2 will be shit.

>hasn't played the game
opinion discarded

There is a fleeting chance that if Rockstar San Diego is primarily in charge then it will be good, RDR is their baby.
Conversely, if they let those bongs over at Rockstar North anywhere near it we'll get GTAV horses edition.

GTA V had all of that yet it was still shit, soooo....

I put in 100+ hours on GTAO back on 360 you fuck, everyone just drove on mountains because the LS was in Purge mode 24/7.

sure buddy, thats why you talked about youtube videos instead of first hand experience

Since it's a direct sequel or prequel, I worry for the worst. I think it's thoroughly uninspired to begin with.

Worst case scenario is that I won't feel obliged to buy a retarded console for this game.

I'm not a pro, I'm just saying there's not a damn bit of detail in GTAV, Crazy fucking Taxi had more realistic driving physics, meanwhile GTAV is more laughable than a modern FnF movie.

cool opinion but you haven't played the game so your word means nothing

t. someone who never played Red Dead Redemption

Jesus christ

Wow it's almost like they'll have more of a budget to make the game fun.

Hey brah i have the amount of hours my only complaint is no singleplayer dlc and th fact Online is a cash grab. Crazy we have the same hours though

well I got an extra 800 or so when I played on deadgen. Online is great if you've got the cash, some modder dropped 300 mil on me once and I've never needed to grind since. Totally changed the game from a chore to an enjoyable experience

I agree that no single player dlc is unacceptable, considering they teased it early on

Everything you mentioned was just cosmetics is GTAV.

In fact, once you strip away all that nothing, you get the true GTAV, a drive around and look at stuff simulator.

90% of the map is useless, and has zero interaction or meaning in the game.

This

Coupled with a better story and missions

Ah, so you're just retarded. My apologies, I try not to argue the differently abled.
But yeah man, get that checked out, they have programs for this kinda thing.