7 hours away

7 hours away

nobody?

Honestly I'm pretty excited for war of the chosen, hopefully it's harder than vanilla

From what I understood, it's Alien Hunters 2: Electric Boogaloo
But with hero units because fuck your soldiers and the Spark remains useless without mods

Why is it so expensive? It's the same price as the full game at launch.

Why was Enemy Unknown so much better than 2?

I think you mean Enemy Within and the answer is Mechs and transhuman soldiers

Plus Valen and Shen were better than their replacements

It's got so much content that they considered turning it into a whole new game. It's basically a super expansion.

A bit of an exaggeration, but the price seems decent-ish.

How do you guys feel about the new soldier classes being op as fuck? Can only have one of each at a time?

it has more content than the actual game

allegedly

Does it not release at midnight for yuros? I just want a fucking torrent.

I remember switching my Steam to a different region and using a VPN to play XCOM 2 early when it released.

>it's fine when X-COM does it

>have to pay $40 to fix basic problems of the original game
Yeah no Thanks

Even before the expansion it was better. 2 is just trash. The plot and pacing are awful.
1 felt much more open.

xcom 2 was $60 bruh

because they can

>It's the same price as the full game at launch.
I am sure there is a difference between $40 and $50.

The game still has bugs that make playing on ironman an exercise in suicide.

>cdkeys hasn't delivered my key
hello darkness my old friend

Too expensive.
Pay2patch.
And fuck 2k and firaxis.

Is it going to be pirateable? I'm going to buy it but I'm broke for a week.

More varied gameplay/missions. You had the standard 'turtlecreep your way into shenanigans' missions, but then you had a fair number of the 'ohshit bombtimer/civvies dying' missions which forced bold aggressive play. X2 featured 90% rush missions, stagnating the gameplay. If you include EW, meld canisters introduced optional bonuses for aggressive play without feeling forced, and genes/mechs were fun additions yet balanced.

what did he mean by this?

My PC is busted and will be for a couple months, how is XCOM2 on PS4? Considering picking it up to play during downtime.

The memes about 2 are true.

>Start mission in stealth
>The aliens trigger a bomb before unstealthing you
>4 turns later the aliens blow their base up for seemingly no reason

Most likely. DRM makes modding a shit-show and the modding community appreciates not having to deal with that.

no

I thought 2 did a lot of things better than 1.

I can't think of anything 2 does better besides unit customization.

>$40
time to gamble in tf2 so i can afford the dlc

JAKE WHERE'S MY KEY

Any preload for the expansion?

I feel like it has more varied location and the combat feels more rewarding and fun. I also think there are some places that are much harder than the original, but thats my opinion.

Does it not release at midnight in Europe?

What a total failure of a expansion

Replacing your own troops with godtier unstoppable ones.

I downloaded it during the free weekend but something came up and I couldn't play.

Can you elaborate on what made the combat more rewarding and fun?

Please don't tell me there are still no mechs.

Load times are a hitch, and it has frame rate issues. Still overall pretty decent.

>not having a backup of your computer written in binary on a few thousand notebooks
pleb

I don't believe you have compared those games properly, this is some serious nostalgia faggotry

there are mechs on the shen dlc, but they're full robots, not augmented soldiers.

you could do that in the original though. Shivs are in the game
I couldn't really tell you. I think it was the time limits to be honest. I felt a clutch during a lot of the levels that I didn't feel in 1.

What about mods? Do they improve the game dramatically enough to wait or is it not too big a deal? I can live with a few performance issues, my PC was aging anyway and couldn't keep up with a few newer releases.

Did you ever try just playing the first game more aggressively without needing timers forcing you?

Who LW2?

i dont like the aesthetics of the second xcom compared to clean and serious xcom:EU style (but still, i like expanding on customization) and this expansion seems like it is going to introduce more wacky-looking troops.

Not really I guess. I haven't played vanilla 1 in a long time and mostly stick with long war.

Are they?
I know there's SPARKS, but SPARKS are way less fun than Mecs

I will when than actually make it playable.
SPARKs are basically shivs

did they make it less dependant on luck? because i tried it and failed quickly. looked at some Marzibor lets plays and he was destroyed after like... pfff... 30, 40 hours of playtime? at the end he was frustrated with bugs and too many dark events he couldnt have countered, because of lack of luck.

Shivs were cool though

Ive had xcom 2 sitting in my ps4 queue for.months

>release 29th
>1 hour till the 29th
>says 5 hours till unlock

Yeah fuck you.

maybe you shouldn't be a europoor buddy.

Hows that flood going?

I wouldn't know I don't live in a shithole like Texas.

>at the edge of the storm
>just some wind and drizzle
IT'S NOT FAIR

Fuck long war and fuck you.

oh baby, I can't wait.

Pistols are...

Not a veteran of the series by any means, actually a newcomer to the whole genre.

I just bought it on PS4 and as the other poster mentioned it has quite the loading times, FPS issues mostly during cutscenes and rendered sequences around missions, while the missions themselves seem to run fine, really bad lip-sync in cutscenes and of course no mod support (although I have no idea how much the mods actually improve the game).

Add-on is probably going to come out late September on console. So far, I am having quite some fun nevertheless on PS4.

Haven't looked at the posts here yet but I am guessing it's lots of retards complaining about shit.

I'm pretty sure XCOM 2 was $60 at launch

>No mechs
>No SHIVs
>No Exalt
>No key from GMG yet

>the plot
literally who cares

Their guns have significantly lowered damage, Grenadiers and Rangers are probably still better than the hero soldiers. Who cares if a Skirmisher gets a ton of actions when you have rapid firing talon round rangers who AWC in something like Serial.

so this fucks up the long war mods completely, right? or did they work together with them?

GMG was barely any cheaper for me neither was G2A/G2Pay

>missed the $30 GMG sale

Long War is going to work fine on WOTC release, don't think they've announced any details regarding incorporating WOTC yet though.

non-autismos

preordered it moments ago.
I hope they deliver, I've been wanting to replay for months but held on for this.

Anyone trustworthy played it yet?
I don't really trust reviewers seeing how shit they were at it and Sup Forums couldn't handle timed missions.

>tfw gamersgate probably won't be sending out keys until T O M O R R O W

Why would I still bother to buy this? I already watched several streamers they gave early copies to play through all the content.
What dumbasses Firaxis are

>tfw we made two letters combined become the known essence of racism

>unlocks 6am for me

Guess i can fire up the download before heading to work at least.

anyone known the ETA for GMG codes?

>SPARKs are basically shivs
no, they're basically not. SPARKs don't have any defense and don't have a weapon with great damage and accuracy. instand they have armor and a bunch of abilities. not close to the same thing.

supposingly in a few hours.

my library page for the game says keys will be out in 1 hour and 10 minutes

Where? All i'm seeing is: The activation key(s) will be available Today 02:00 (UTC+02:00)

I always assumed it was a case of "They know you're here, somewhere, but just have no idea your exact position".

Kind of like how in MGS1, the soldiers are aware there's an intruder, but don't know where he is.

Mine still says 5 hours?

mine 2

>play LW2
>make slow progress
>go back to LW1
Not sure what it was about it, but I didn't enjoy LW2 that much. I like XCOM2's quality of life shit like better overwatch and the line of sight indicators, but I like the overworld and in-game pace of LW1 more.

One thing I definitely hate with LW2 was the flow of reinforcements, especially on shit like retaliations. If you don't play perfectly with the ideal squad you might as well be dead with the increasingly tough squads coming in every single turn.

The time in UTC+2 is currently 00:55, barely an hour from 02:00.

LW1 was too grindy for me and LW2 seems even grindier with even more micromanagement, so the grind itself is ridiculous. Pavonis tends to nerf everything fun so you generally end up sitting in a corner overwatching everything.

for bringing down sectopods with bluescreen rounds

Any good classmods? Or maybe a list of 'essential' mods?

>introduce alien defectors who join the cause
>only the Earth grown advent grunts
>none of the other races included at all

I can understand why they'd have more stake in the cause than the other alien forces, but more variety would still be neat.

>Midnight

WHERE THE FUCK IS IT REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

useful

kinda ridiculous that a pistol is better than a machine gun

More like 2 weeks away, for those of us playing on PS4.

if it comes out at any midnight, it probably won't be until midnight PST

I ain't falling for buying it on release again.
Even with all the 'we actually optimized it for the expansion' talks.

kys snake fucker

I ended up INI modding out a bunch of the grindy shit, especially the air game, and that made it a lot more fun, muh pure proper experience aside.
Not sure if LW2 had that kind of flexibility put into it, but it felt more like they gave the player some decent buffs, and then roided the shit out of every single enemy in the game while throwing more at you.