twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

....I don't even.

kill all leftists

She likes to do DA NASTIO

*farts*

WHO THE FUCK GIVES THESE PEOPLE JOBS

>It's another Sup Forumstard bait thread

/e unzips dick

Call the guy a fag and tell him to fuck off.

This is like people getting salty that someone teabagged them, instead of just moving on.

Wouldn't a block be taking agency over who and who cannot contact you?

I'd like to stick my dick in her NASTIO.

i haven't consented to ever being fragged in a video game, yet it still happens

thanks doc

Why the fuck does it even matter.

Well, sane people would say that choosing to play an online game at all already includes consenting to every single interaction that's possible in that game, since you're the one who put yourself in the virtual space where those are possible. But we're clearly not dealing with sane people anymore.

Maybe we can fix the women with spankings or something.

>just sit by while everything fun is taken from you
t. big brain

consent is a reply, not consent is being added to their ignore list

Excuse me. I'm leftist and I resent being lumped in with all these looney toons. All I want is to seize the means of production to the people.

The only thing that has been taken by me is Sup Forums, thanks to retarded unfunny Sup Forumstards.

>hulkster didn't finish the job when he had the chance

This was actually a "legitimate" concern for those weird fallout mod ss13 servers since they had mechanical ERP and you had raiders raping people
I say "legitimate" since everyone playing a female was some pink haired waifu who probably wanted to be raped

That's even worse you literal teenager

You're getting a free helicopter ride too, commie..

I think I'm out of touch with modern blogging. What do /bite and /accept mean?

he did destroy them throughly. Some other site that i forgot swooped in and bought the carcass

>Kotaku
What did you expect?

Thanks, doc.

I'm 58 and fought in two wars you fucking brat.

Thats what you get for being a faggot who enjoys roleplaying

women were a mistake

I hope there's a thorough academic and journalistic enterprise that looks into the dynamics and intricacies of online MMORPG ERP. It would be fascinating to read.

8 years libnigger

Only being able to see past the bullshit of identity politics and not all of communism is not something to be proud of, user

Sup Forums was taken from the anons before you by unfunny Sup Forumstards, it's only apt that you have to suffer Sup Forumstards now.

you were brainwashed to fight for rich mens interests? what do you want? a medal?

I'm sure you did

Counterpoint: Yes it is.

What's actually bad about this? Why is everyone triggered?

Have fun working the factories, user. I hope you've got a slow metabolism

No, son, you've been out of touch with video games for fifteen years

Well first of all, it's simply not an issue anyone should be genuinely concerning themselves with. Second of all, buying and booting up the game is your consent

I don't care who this is.

There's certain validity in that post but I really don't like the rhetoric she's using. When I played and role-played in Ultima Online, there was a term, I think the term was called poweremote. Basically it was considered bad ROLEPLAYING to emote certain things at other players' characters.

But none of this modern day concept of concept was ever introduced. It was considered just bad role-playing.

Wait till she plays Halo and gets Tea Bagged repeatedly

>Well first of all, it's simply not an issue anyone should be genuinely concerning themselves with.
Why is that? Did you even read the article?
>Second of all, buying and booting up the game is your consent
I guess you didn't. You really are just getting triggered by the mention of consent.

fucking newfags this was a hot topic TWENTY FOUR YEARS AGO

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/A_Rape_in_Cyberspace

Kill all white people and Americans*

Sup Forums is where the gullible and dumb videogame kids get brainwashed into believing Sup Forumsshit.
also it is a fucking shitsink and always has been.

What MMO allows you to block people and still be forced to see someone's emotes?

"Consent" isn't something people came up with in the past ten years and it's perfectly applicable here.

>Why is that?
Ignore and muting are a thing
>Did you even read the article?
>kotaku
no

>Ignore and muting are a thing
Irrelevant. This isn't even what the article is about.
It's also not posted on kotaku.

>Sup Forums is invaded by Sup Forumsshit
>years later, Sup Forums is invaded by Sup Forumsshit
It's almost as if Sup Forums's userbase is just naturally shitposters

>Irrelevant. This isn't even what the article is about.
Irrelevant. I'm not going to read the article.

Yeah, and I used to tell Sup Forumstards to fuck off and now I tell Sup Forumstards to fuck off. The names change but the enemy remains the same.

THANKS DOC

But you are going to panic about the scary feminists coming for your video games over digital rape, though, right?

Which is fair, but nothing has been taken from you. It was already gone.

>playing on pve servers
Found the problem.

>feminists
>digital rape
?

I literally have PTSD from being ganked by lvl 60s in STV without giving my consent.

>someone sends me a trade offer
>have the option to accept or refuse
>instead of picking either i go on social media and tell everyone i was just literally raped and also i'm a trans and also they were a neo nazi and also they beat me

>tfw moderate dem
>tfw sit back and ignore the loons bc i know who's really in charge

pretty sweet tbqh. i suggest you get a good education and go to a top law school if you really crave political relevancy.

Ralph "YOU'D BETTER HAVE THE SUICIDE HOTLINE ON SPEED DIAL" Koster

>can still hear the stealth sound
I'm literally shaking right now.

Yeah, at least read the fucking thread, m8. All these people are triggered by the feminists under their beds.

But actually the article is about how different online social spaces evolved different methods of interaction and how building emotes around consent allows for more complex interactions and greater player agency. And here you are bitching that "no one should concern themselves with this issue" because of course you think it's a moral outrage about lack of consent rather than a small but interesting game design titbit. And you're far from the only one. Because Sup Forums isn't interested in actually learning the first fucking thing about the shit they complain about, be it video games or video game articles. No, it just has to feed the damn narrative.

They make a good point. I play female characters exclusively and can't go a day without some beta virgin running circles around me or straight up dry humping.

Serious reply here.
If Koster is fucking serious and and wrote that blog post as more of an action statement on designing games to cater to SJW mentality instead of a contemplative/curiosity piece, then I regret every moment I spent reading his whole book on game design ("Theory of Fun" for you knuckleheads in this thread)

thanks doc

You could try reading the article, maybe you won't regret that either.

>tfw you roll a male character and everyone still runs circles around and dry humps you anyways

/bite

If only the OP had posted the name of Koster's blog, instead of posting a vague-ass reaction reply, then I could have easily been there already. But right now I'm in the middle of eating to do more than reply to this thread directly.

We don't give views/ad-revenue to SJWs

Back in my day, if my character got licked I'd kill the guy who did it, steal all his gear, steal his house key, get my friends and raid his house, steal his "safe" gear and sell it.

But now MMOs are hugboxes that don't let you do such things.
WoW did a number with that horde/alliance bullshit that permeates MMOs. It was better when you could murder anyone.

>Sup Forums
>taken from you
>not that the original posters wound up changing their ideology to survive this changing world
looks like you're still here anyway

Talking about a small screenshot of a shit article mentions another shit blog of a shitty gaming journalism site? No pastebin of the full thing or mention of what it was. This thread of a bait shitposting thread from the get go.

that is a comment u dumbass

Leftist insanity is a slippery slope and it's never going to get better because most major media companies are ran by lefties.

Thanks doc!

And yet no matter how obvious the bait is Sup Forums will eagerly gobble it down and jump to its own conclusions.

Hey maybe she should try that out if she ever gets mugged. She'll just tell the mugger, "Sorry I don't /accept your bullets" as she gets shot.
Truly such a revolutionary, amazing, fascinating and thought-provoking idea. Bravo girl!

There are people in the sand countries right now who have no food and girls who can't get an education because they're girls and the famines across the world and the lack of water where people are legit dying and people somehow get hung up on ITS WRONG TO BITE IN MMO! WHERE /ACCEPT????? OMG!!!
This is why I hate humanity

/ignore

Right-wing insanity is the real problem plaguing this world and this thread is a fine example of it.

underrated

It's a pretty great blogpost that is actually informative, and not SJW-tripe. Maybe people should read it before jumping to conclusions.

raphkoster.com/2017/08/27/consent-systems/

Are you the same guy as ?
also
>Cuck doesn't use adblock

And you get hung up on articles you didn't read for things they didn't say, so get off your high horse.

Mr. Koster, pls.

How does a thread with nothing to talk about but picture of a person posting some random gibberish get so many responses?

raphkoster.com/2017/08/27/consent-systems/

>pretty great blogpost

no one cares loser

That's the secret. If you leave it up to Sup Forums's imagination they'll fill in the blanks themselves and come up with a million things to bitch about.

>social interactions in a MMO
Who fucking cares, go farm your fucking items motherfuckers, talking doesn't kill raid bosses.

So, am I consenting for somebody to stick their dick in my vag just for living because it's possible for a man to do it?

thank you