Are you ready to admit that the only reason you praised AM2R so highly was that it came out at a time when we were...

Are you ready to admit that the only reason you praised AM2R so highly was that it came out at a time when we were starved for any kind of Metroid content, and that in reality it was only okay and quite obviously a fan game?

i never praised AM2R

No, because I played all the metroid and castlevania games in a 4 year period before am2r came out then when I played it I was genuinely impressed.
Because, you know, it's a good game.

Man those series must be pretty bad then

It's better than Fusion and Zero Mission.

You wish.

It's good, but I wouldn't rate it above Zero Mission. I still think that game has the edge due to the higher quality in sprite art.

My two cents/prediction from playing Returns Demo:

I think Samus returns will top AM2R in terms of player navigation and QoL improvements, and maybe in moment to moment combat

But AM2R both for being aimed ONLY at the core fand and for having a continuous map instead of zones separated by elevators will have a more satisfying level design.

Game should have just been completely new, all the new content is great but it is held back by metroid 2 being a piece of shit

Currently struggling to finish AM2R, heavily agree with you.
For all the praise it got, I was expecting a towering achievment in non-linearity. Turned out to be the most linear shit ever. Plus, killing metroids to progress every single zone gets very old, very quickly.
4/10

Where did you play it

Aside from getting a bit lost and it being so short, I found it pretty damn great. Still one of my favorites.

Dude, I loved it because it was an awesome game. What about this do you not get? What about it being unofficial has anything to do with the quality?

The elevators are just shortcuts.

you haven't played them and you are criticizing am2r?
What was wrong with am2r?

AM2R worst part are the metroid fights, they are not fun in any way.
They are really poorly designed, I just crouched and spammed missiles tanking all damage.

>nintendo ignores metroid
ASMR IS THE BEST FUCKING GAME EVER, NINTENDO BTFO THE FANS MAKE BETTER GAMES THAN THEY WILL EVE-
>nintendo announces Samus Returns and M4
ASMR is a piece of shit wtf were they thinking worst game ever nintendo is the best can't be beaten... Fuck the creators of shit like am2r

This.

Zeta and Omega Metroids are particularly annoying because of how irritating it is to hit their weak spot. Not to mention how they can put you out of bounds and you have to restart the fight again

I agree.
The worst part is how unrewarding the fights are. You stand there, tank the damage, kill the metroid, and do it 4 more times. If at least you got an energy tank or something, idk.
feels very collect-a-thon-esque.

>I expected a re-make of a linear game to not be linear

Bait, but hey why not. Sorry the game was pretty good and puts a bar Nintendo now has to get over to avoid horrible backlash from taking it down. Probably one of the best fan tributes to a game around until Mania. I'll see if the new remake by Nintendo is good from reviews but regardless, we're lucky other more talented fans of Metroid love it enough to keep making games.

nope, there are teleporters and elevators.

all the teleporters are connected, long elevators inbetween areas and some short elevators inside the bigger areas
best buy demo

I thought it was a solid game. Not as good as the Nintendo titles, but still good.

I havent seen teleporters
Are they in any video they showed?

E3 area 2 gameplay and I think either Surface or Area 1 showed another in the august previews

I think that, as linear as Metroid 2 is, teleporters are going to play a big role in speedruns