Rune: Ragnorak announcement trailer

Nice to see Human Head studios back after tgeir Bethesda troubles

youtu.be/1bViPhnt9Rk

Inb4 people get upset its a open world RPG

>vikings
>open world RPG

I hope its not a skyrim clone and I also hope it improves the original

Wait, what? Is it really a legit new Rune game? Is it a sequel, a reboot or a remake?

I saw this post and thought they couldn't make Rune into an open world RPG. I was wrong.

As long as it retains its combat style from the original, I'll be cool with it.
Probably get all shitted up with skilltrees and whatnot, but I'll hope it doesn't.
>Using arms as weapons.

I remember this game. Spooked me as a kid (that place with Loki being a half statue and bleeding everywhere).

>That fucking 2h axe that let you freeze people for pretty much a 1hitko

If this turns out bad it will be the nail in the coffin for me.
I'll never play vidya ever again.
My hopes are not high

Holly shit!

wow it's literally nothing!

Holy shit, never thought I'd see another Rune game. Here's to hoping they do a good job.

Why you chose this game out of everything to never play vidya again if its bad

Fuck it, I want Severance 2, not this

>Ragnarok is "set in a dangerous Norse universe during the end of days" and places players "in the middle of an epic battle where gods, beasts, and the last remaining humans struggle to survive" according to Human Head Studios' press release.

>After seventeen years, we are thrilled to finally announce a new Rune game," says project director Chris Rhinehart. "In the spirit of the original, Rune: Ragnarok has intense and brutal combat in a world steeped in Norse mythology. We can’t wait to show you what we’ve created."

Bump

not sure if I will like the open world approach, I really enjoyed the level design of the caves and fortresses in the original

It's literally something, squirt.

Im glad this got a sequel. No idea if its going to be any good tho.

Man, I remember my version being bugged and not being able to play through the end of Hel levels. Had to load sp levels through mp server creation and play them.
Was really suprised to know that you weren't supposed to beat that arena as human.

I'd love to see a sequel to Blade of Darkness, but I fear that after DeS / DaS / BB popularity it might turn into another "Souls-like" game instead of direct Severance sequel...

damn, i think this was the first multiplayer game I've ever played, Bought it in a game magazine that came with the CD, it was back in 2004, I was 13 years old and my internet was 56 kbps, i barely spoke english (not my native language) and I made friends in this game