Are you ready to play the skeleton master race in the greatest CRPG of the decade?

Are you ready to play the skeleton master race in the greatest CRPG of the decade?

Other urls found in this thread:

imgur.com/a/xDrDp
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Yes I'm ready to be lulled into a comatose sleep every time I turn it on.

WHO NECROMANCER/SUMMONER HERE?

Personally I despised OS1, but OS2 has been a lot more enjoyable. The extra races and better RPG elements probably have to do with it.

Yes! Another shill thread. Meme on!

>Fun loving player in me wants to go with a classic party composition
>Minmax autist wants to abuse the retardedly overpowered and unbalanced ability combos
fug

I picked the worst time to be a console fag
hoping we don't have to wait long

Fuck off, autist. Go play Skyrim or some weeb shit.

>Game releases soon
>There's discussion about it
MUH MARKETING get off myy Sup Forums

I still haven't decided. Going to play through it with a buddy and he is MOST LIKELY going to play a shapeshifter since that's his favorite type of character in games. Are the skeletons religious zealots like in Dragon Commander? If so, maybe skeleton paladin. If not, torn between human thief or wizard. Played a thief in DOS1 which started strong but got kinda suckier the later shit went on so I'm leery about doing it again.

Way to prove you're a fucking marketer.

t. exposed belgian developer

how good are necromancer, summoner and the polymorph 2 hand build?

Oriiginal Sins 1, casters seemed a bit OP, but never finished the game.

>current year
>playing turn based games
LMAO

Necromancer seems to be focused on physical damage for whatever reason. My personal experience with it in the EA version is that it (with the exception of one spell) is fucking shit, but it might change once you actually gain access to non-basic abilities.
Summoners are pretty underwhelming in their current state, it feels like they mostly provide free meat shields. Once again it's probably going to change once you get access to more abilities but I remain sceptical. One of the devs said that the current version of the incarnate (one of the summoning monsters) is the 'basic' version that gradually gets stronger but since I haven't seen that I can't comment on it.
Polymorph is probably the best school of the three you listed though mostly for utility reasons. It has some pretty good all-around spells.

Casters were never OP, neither in DOS 1 nor DOS 2. They're even weaker this time and except for teleport next to useless since Magic Armor is a thing and thefore they're not even used as CC machines.

CC was their only job in DOS 1 and now they don't even have that.

>People call out your shit
>They must be a marketer
Literally the "I was only pretending" defence.

>being an unironic brainlet
Kys your'eself my man

Unironically this
You'd think people would realize how boring turn based combat is but apparently not.
RPG stories belong in a movie or book not a video game unless it has actual gameplay.

Can you bring characters to the sequel from the first game?

>I don't have the attention span to wait for my turn

Who was pretending?

t. exposed underage autist.

So you work at least in pairs? Good to know.

Why would you even think that?

The stories are next to completely seperated and DOS 2 plays like 1000 years after the first part. Your characters in the first game were literally source hunters and the second game is all about being a sourcerer and using and understanding source. Not even importing stats/skills would make sense. They completely revamped how the system works.

I got a boner when I saw that part of the video.

Are there waifus?

Lizards are the real master race

Is there any indication the writing won't be absolute dog shit this time around?

Yes

Are you even allowed to talk this way to your potential costumers?

SUPPOSEDLY it's going to have a darker and more mature narrative this time around. I believe Avellone's a part of the writing team so if you like him that's probably a plus.

They increased the amount of writers by around 400% and are aiming for a more consistent depiction of the world and lore.

It's still a Larian Game at heart and yes it will be full of fun and jokes. So if you're looking for muh mature grimshit it's still not the right game for you. Tho it definitely aims for a more realistic and grounded world.

>implying you buy games

Hahaha you are full of shit or just bad at the game. My caster in OS1 killed the final boss in a single cast of hail storm. I would of killed it easier and faster if the final boss could have been hit by lightning storm.

>autist
>consolefag
>too stupid for turn based combat
>potential costumers
Yes.

How do I get into the first? Am I supposed to play 2 mage to have fun? Also are hybrids any good?

So is this the full game release date we're talking about? Last time I followed the game it was early access and being released in installments/chapters.

>tfw 6ft 117 irl
Finally a game where I can be with my people

Hm, I'll keep an eye on it then. I don't need it it to be grimdark but the first game felt like playing D&D with a first-time DM.

are you sure party composition is the reason why you can't get into the game?

>I can't handle gameplay that forces me to think about my position, my enemies position, and his potential actions and abilities all in real time! I need a pause button!!!

Go play tic-tac-toe instead. Your continued support of archaic, low IQ gameplay mechanics is a cancer on the video game industry.

What is this game

Pure gold Dvinity: OS2

Divinity: Original sin 2

Name three modern RPG games that have good real time combat.

Dark Souls is not a role playing game.

Play whatever you feel like, but recruit two NPC companions if you aren't going with the Lone Wolf talent. Speccing into multiple magic schools if recommended but you should probably have at least one of them as your primary focus.

Release is in two weeks. The early access version is and has always only been the first act (map) of the game

Not sure no

But can you create cute monster girls?

Replied less than a second after I posted my question as if I needed more proof that we are being infested with marketers.

You can create cute lizard girls

Are you implying Dark souls has good combat?

should I buy this if i havent played 1 lads

GUYS

GUYS

JUST 17 D A Y S

get banned for flooding with me
imgur.com/a/xDrDp

Neves heard of this game until now, is the first one any good?

It's decent
Depends largely on personal preferences

Are you missing out if you don't play one of the predefined origins?

>ask a question
>get an answer
>>SHILLS LEAVE MY BOARD

You don't know anything about builds do You? It is objectively best to put 4 points in every single spell school but making sure to focus on air and water first since they are the best by far.

The stories are not connected if you mean that so you will understand everything except for some bizare historical lore connections.

What an attractive young girl.

Ass too phat, modern males don't like big asses.

Not an argument.

Origin stories add character goals and quests as additional content in the game. So yes, you won't have your "own" questline but you won't miss out on the actual story.

However, it is possible to "hire" the origin characters as companions and basically you can still experience their origin story from an outside perspective.

Speak for yourself Ireland. Also good job on your hero getting his ass kicked by a 40 year old man.

> It is objectively best to put 4 points in every single spell school
Is it really? Or are you just assuming that because DivOS1 was like that?

Not everyone on Sup Forums is a marketer, go back to Sup Forums

What is more demanding?

1. turn based combat in Divinity Original Sin

2. real time combat in skyrim, witcher 3, Fallout 4, or any other real time RPG?

if you pick 2 you are a legit retard

Fucking autists you are allowed to actually like a game.

semen demon?

You know what, I get the attention span argument, it may hold up slightly, sometimes just sitting there in front of a screen, watching a character do his super special ultra uber spinning katana wielding anime move can be a bit annoying, since it's unskippable, and he does it every time, but do you actually, unironicaly believe that playing turn based games makes you smarter? What is your logic behind this, please explain.

It's actually not important in DOS 2 anymore since you are limited by memory and only need 1 point per school.

Most of the time you're maxing them for the passive stats.

yes

I was obviously talking about 1. I have no idea what 2 is like.

Yeah but can I be a decent scoundrel and aerothurge, or will I spread myself too thin?

That's a good description of action game players, hence why """dodges""" that give you iframes are so common these days.

Did they fix the inventory and itemization?

RTwP has no grid, which makes cover systems shitty + we all love AI real-time pathfinding without grid don't we

What was there to fix if you weren't playing with a controller?

All I want is someone to make an RPG with combat and classes like league of legends. Just simple clickspamming autoattacks and QWER. Why can't anyone do this?

Everything

Did they fix the fucking awful """"quest design"""" of the first game?

Hot opinion.

Just play Baldur's gate

It's actually cold

Diablo 3, literally left/rightlick and 1234

Which would be the most tactical RPG where I could QWQWEQWE while maxing +cooldown ?

reporting for d00ty

What did those 2 new skill trees ended up being? I remember voting for Alchemist, are they in?

No, you're just being as vague and broad as possible in order to support your naivety. If there's any two developers than advertise here, it's without a doubt Larian Studioes and Arkane Studios. They don't discuss, they've been known to just spam threads that only have blatant advertising taglines.

I'm excited for Divinity OS 2, but this kind of shit leaves a bad taste in my mouth.

>would of
opinion discarded

I am hoping it doesnt feel as unfinished as the first game. I liked it a lot but half way through you start to notice things.

Like what?

P-much most of the thread is discussion except for the "shill!" posts.

>but half way through you start to notice things
Like?

I'm always ready to be a skeleton.

Summoning and polymancer. We've seen a lot of poly in the promotional videos. I don't think I've seen summoning in action yet.

I'll just be the default guys, I'm not that creative.

Is there a way to bind movement to a key?
I'mm really used to using E as my movement key in hack&slash games, so my character just follows the cursor when it is held down.

>polymancer
What's that?