XIV

Is RDM too easy or is SMN too complicated? Is BLM the happy medium?

RDM has a low skill floor and skill ceiling
SMN has a higher skill floor but a low ceiling
BLM has a low skill floor but the highest ceiling of them

They all felt braindead to me compared to the bard and melee jobs

RDM is the more fun than any of them, feels the best to play, and it's also the most boring. Only Yoshi-P can accomplish such an oxymoronic class.

BRD is even more braindead. Just mash your procs. If you got a proper gaming keyboard you can setup a external macro to automatically mash for you when turned on.

smn isn't complicated, it's just stupid

>whoops guess we can't get ramuh egi
>here fight sephirot egi during your class quest
>you want to summon sephirot egi? don't be greedy now
>don't worry here's a bahamut summon
>oh sorry you can only have it out for 5 seconds ;) lol

>SMN has a higher skill floor but a low ceiling
>BLM has a low skill floor but the highest ceiling of them

???

BLM isn't hard at all. The only complication is learning in each encounter when you can full turret.

SMN is multi-tasking the job. It's miles more difficult than BLM and you don't even get a good payoff like Foul.

RDM is on point though.

SMN and SCH are too shit.

Regardless of any other comparison, the classes are just shit.

this is why I play MNK

We have an entire general board for this kind of discussion.

That being said, Squeenix even said they haven't been balancing around difficulty of rotations and just fucking realized that classes that are harder to play should have some payoff for it.

>We have an entire general board for this kind of discussion.
We do?

i unsubbed cause i got other things to focus on, but when are the new omega bosses coming out? i wanna know what they are and go bonkers for the music.

>We have an entire general board

>implying /vg/ actually talks about the game and aren't just a bunch of prison-gays parading their slut characters

Agreed. Everything related to ARC is a raging dumpster fire.

Worst part is, I'm pretty sure it is intentional, because YoshiP hates pet classes.

I've been to the vg thread. It's 98% off topic inner circle drama. Not even worth the bandwidth to open the thread.

4-5 months. Ivalice is in 1-2 months

I really hate the FFTA/12 Ivalice...

wens 4.1

>please post on this board being treated as /soc/ by a bunch of mentally ill faggots and trannies
no

BLM is the hardest job to fully optimize.
SMN is not difficult at all to optimize, but it does punish you for fucking up.

FUCKING THIS WHERE IS 4.1

October.

>SMN
>complicated

RDM is incredibly simple and more mobile than the other casters. If anyone actually thinks that RDM is complicated they are not very smart people.

>tfw expected AST to be complicated and difficult
Only for the first few hours. SCH is harder, but maybe that's just because it's a shit job at the moment

>Stormblood Orchestrion roll
It's not the same without a punching sound.

There's nothing remotely complicated about any of the healers now, not like it was before with cleric stance but at least healers had a more active role, especially SCH, before they were made into the unfun shit they are now.

Late September according to 2ch leaks

Ishgard housing is in 4.1 right?

Do we know what's going to be in the patch today(?)

Better be.

You're literally playing FFXIV.
None of this shit is remotely difficult.
Fucking casual faggots on Sup Forums

This. Literally the only thing you can possibly consider 'skilled' to do on Rdm is to pull two Enchanted Redoublements inside of a single Embolden's buff. Even then that's not that hard to do if you know how to math on the fly.

>2ch leaks
>using 2ch as a reliable source
Oh you sweet summer child.

aw fuck and i wanted to try this game but pet classes are my favourite

H A H A
A H A H
H A H A
A H A H

PvP balancing is in it but we don't know what else, if anything at all. 4.1 preview this Saturday though

I ASKED YOU A QUESTION NOW FUCKING ANSWER ME

>there are people that think drg is hard
>b-but blood of the dragon

SCH used to be the strong as fuck prior to 4.0. It's not like it's always been shit

>2ch leaks
im curious
what else did they "leak"

>tfw can't move in with Aymeric

>Some faggot wants them to nerd royal menagerie 'because people with disabilities may not be able to clear it'
>MFW you can literally carry 5 disabled people through it

It's still really strong these days, it just has to be played a bit differently.

I finally bit the bullet and started leveling my gathering and crafting classes.
How big of a mistake is this?

>mfw Aymeric is now irrelevant outside of showing up for ten seconds whenever the alliance meets up

>tfw can't Deployment Tactics instantly after Adloquium
>tfw can't Bane instantly after Bio 2
I have to wait a split second after casting them or they won't spread. Is it a ping thing or is there a delay between popping the spell and it hitting the target?

>BLM is hard
>When it push the same button 40% of the time
lol

i bought the game cause end game content looked cool. levelling a blm but people can say its punishing doing endgame shit on blm without knowing the fights well enough. how fucked am i?

>Tfw SAM will get nerfed because of the crying shitters

>NI: It’s not deliberately meant to clearly indicate that there is a romantic feeling between Lyse and the player character, but the Warrior of Light is a significant figure within the realm at this point in the narrative, and the allies’ bond has become very strong.

>In Final Fantasy XIV the writers cannot determine the character’s age or sex, so I do want there to be room for imagination. Perhaps Lyse does feel something that’s more than friendship? It’s good to leave it to the imagination.

You probably won't even make it to end game. Come back when you've at least completed Heavensward or bought a jump potion.

>1 tank and healer carried everyone

needs a ~10min enrage timer desu

It's fine. Think of it as making the job more interesting. You won't regret BLM once you start dropping huge dps

>NY: You mentioned Korea, and that sort of activity is indeed rooted in Korean games, and there is a reason why that culture is brewing. In Korea, a game’s performance is judged on how long players are logged in from internet cafes. High traffic in that direction helps a game being recognized as performing well, so players cannot be allowed to run out of things to do, they always have something to do and be logged in, even if it’s botting. That’s the foundation of how that trend started.

Are Koreans literal bots?

Does anyone know when the server will get back East coast time?

>muh disabilities

Fuck these fucking people. I've seen people play fighting games with their feet because they ain't got no hands. Literally no excuse.

>Lyse is going to be the Aymeric of SB

EST is PST+3 hours

so 6am

Thanks senpai

Please no
I really hated her

Really hoping her rebel scum get blown the fuck out for the next 3-4 patches, if not the rest of the xpac.

The anal raping they got near the start was not nearly enough, and was barely come-uppance for putting their SECRET BASE at the foot of a statue visible for miles around.

Only three hours left until maintenance. I hope you've completed your weeklies.

At least they recognized that Alisaie was also written that way to a degree. That means we have an out away from Lyse.

>Taking this as an invitation, Alisaie gave vent to her frustration. "Isn't that the truth! If he's not cheating death with his fellow adventurers, you can be sure he's off helping the beast tribes, or collecting tomestones, or regaling the children of Idyllshire with the tales of his exploits, or delivering something to someone. Honestly, I don't think he sleeps."

>Nonplussed by her sudden flash of emotion, Y'shtola and Lyse glanced at one another before bursting out laughing. Alisaie glared at them, her face a picture of indignation.

>"Forgive us," said Y'shtola with a twinkle in her eye. "We are but impressed by how closely you follow your hero's every act."

Alisaie is cute. CUTE!

4.1 will be the big housing update with adding the not-Japan houses? Will they also add new furnishings? The lack of Ala Mhigo stuff makes me sad.

Most likely. Every big patch adds a few.

>We go on a dinner date with her
NO PLEASE NO. I WISH TO GO TO A BAR WITH HIEN AND GOSETSU

Anyone on Chaos up for something before we get deleted?

Hilda is awfully cute

>sell item on market that only has one other competitor
>he price matches
>check one day
>he raises his price
>raise mine to match
>he raises his
>items keep selling
>we have unspoken agreement to price gouge the fuck out of this item
>making loads of money
>suddenly no one is buying at all
>realize in the history it was a single person buying them out for the past 20 purchases

FUCK now i have to start slapping up different items

>Person is new to fight
>Okay, whatever, they want to do it blin-
>"What should I do?"

Read a fucking guide before even popping in if you want to be handheld.

SMN is far harder to optimize than BLM. You don't know what you're talking about.

Manually using all your pet skills makes SMN harder than BLM on its own, and that's just one part of optimization.

>no qt Alisaie Favour Candidate to nurse back to health after getting eyehaxed half to death
Feels bad friends.

>Alisaie has a crush on the WoL
I want to mess with Alisaie!

The pet classes are not shit, they are just too hard to play for most of the casuals that make up the playerbase. Case in point: The poster who doesn't even know the abbreviation for the class.

>FFXIV's fanfiction doesn't pass the Bechdel test

Of course.

It's okay, just change it to a female WoL and it'll pass.

I'd like to finish with her, if you get my drift.

>Getting two comms as nin in ranked pvp

>HW story > SB story
>HW dungeons > SB dungeons
>Gordias > Deltascape
>Ishgard >>> Ala Mhigo
>Idyllshire >>>>>> Rhalgr's Reach
Fuck this expansion desu.
At least there's no way the next one could be worse.

>citing the Bechdel test like it's relevant

>get home
>8 hour maintenance in like 2.5 hours
>lose all urge to do anything
>had planned to get a ton of crafting shit done tonight

what the fuck

why does it start so early

>manually using your pet skills
fucking why, each time you press your pet skills there's latency. having them do it auto is better.

I could've sworn the Bane/bio thing worked before 4.0.

No! Give back Yda. I don't know what happened when she took off the mask, but Lyse and Yda are so different, they might as well be two different people. Someone as dumb as Yda should not have led an entire resistance.

You're right non every account, except Gordias was leagues worse than Deltascape.

Lily is so slow and dumb

remember that it's like 7AM in japan right now

>HW dungeons > SB dungeons
That's simply not true, or you are one crazy weirdo.

HW leveling dungeons made me sleep.
SB leveling dungeons were neat.
HW early 60 dungeons were horrible outside Fractal.
SB early 70 dungeons are very solid so far.

I don't know. It's pretty annoying when I hit Bane instantly the way I hit Bio 2 straight after Miasma and it doesn't spread

This is as lazy bait as "why should healers do any dps"

And that is why you are a shitter and why SMN is the hardest caster to play.

You will NEVER be a good or even passable SMN with your pet on auto.

>tfw maintenance ends just when I get home from work

>Ishgard >>> Ala Mhigo
You mean Kugane right?
Because if you want to compare the new cities, Kugane is on part with Ishgard in term of atmosphere.

SMN is vastly more mobile than RDM and this is a horribly widespread meme.

RDM has to manually cast for 1.5s every 5s.

SMN does not have to manually cast.

This again? Remember to always report stormshit generals this belongs in /vg/. Everyone is discussing gameplay and a little erp in there so there's no reason to spam Sup Forums with this shit game.