Nier

>Nier
>Plot makes no sense
>It's explained in a poorly translated Japanese only book

Well it's just the budget surely the next game will do it better

>Automata
>Plot makes no sense
>The entire plot is explained at the very end through one page of text by a character name "Jackass"

Why can't Japs into story telling?

low budget.

Because it is easier to make robot fapbait games.

Because Taro is a hack
>thinks story or even gameplay aren't the most important aspect in a game
>he would rather make players "feel" something while playing
>totes different to Ken Levine who cared more about players thoughts when making choices instead of the choices themselves

>playing fap games for the plot

Video games in general can't into storytelling. They lack any sense of craft. Even games that are praised in the norm for having the best storytelling of the medium are comparably trash when put next to even low tiers of film and literature.

Story telling simply doesn't play to the strengths of video games, and even less to the strengths of the people making them.

What about the plot makes no sense for you?

Taro's not wrong.
I felt more playing Automata than almost any other game and that's why I will always remember it, not because of its gameplay or story but it being greater than the sum of its parts, something you can't put into words.
But people who felt it know exactly what I'm talking about.
inb4 2b butt/"You're thinking about how much you want to **** 2B" jokes

If Taro was a western Dev he would be received completely differently. Imagine if that Battleborn guy promoted his game by rolling around on the floor holding his tshirt.

>Plot makes no sense
-t. brainlet

Too much effort.
Autism/10

Stealing this copypasta

>actual men are playing superior games like PLAYERUNKNOWN'S BATTLEGROUNDS.
You gave me good chuckle OP well played.

But it did make sense. The story was about saving Yonah, Nier didn't give two fucks about any of that extra shit, just Yonah. Now the backstory was pretty murky, I was surprised there was so much extra stuff that wasn't mentioned in-game.

>didn't play Drakengard
>wonders why Nier's plot doesn't make sense
Hurrr
Durrr

Nier 1's plot can be forgiven because the story was more character driven rather than plot driven kinda like NGE. It was a story of a man trying to save his daughter and the friends he makes along the way. All the nonsensical background shit isn't necessary to enjoy it.

Automata had a weaker cast so the ridiculous story was more of a problem.

Except besides for a couple unimportant references the only part of Drakengard that really affects the NieR universe is the final ending of the first game

When was the last time a Jap game made sense? Literally every Jap game even the relatively realistic ones make absolutely no sense.

Automata feels like an epilogue to Nier.

>yet another victim of modern western culture dictating that you should spoonfeed everything directly to the watcher instead of actually forcing him to use his fucking brains for a moment to connect the dots

I want to **** 2B.

>this is what weebs actually believe
you're in extreme delusion, my friend