Reminder that GZ was vastly superior to TPP. Only "people" who argue that quantity > quality think otherwise

Reminder that GZ was vastly superior to TPP. Only "people" who argue that quantity > quality think otherwise

Nah

GZ had way too much lens flare but it was still good.

All of the previous MGS games were better gameplay wise than GZ or TPP. Even MGS4; the first level is good stealth and exactly what I was hoping MGSV to be like.

LOOK AT THIS NIGGA
HE PAID $40 FOR A FUCKING DEMO!

A game maybe three times the size of GZ using MGS1 and 2 techniques to make use of that space would have been near perfect.

actually I didn't
your own fault if you're a brainlet who doesn't wait until a game is adequately priced

My only wish is that it had some sort of boss fight.
Besides that I loved it, the sneaking suit is the best in the series. It also looks god tier on Venom.

i could only imagine what MGSV could of been if GZ was to it what MGS1 or 2 demo's was to those games. they fucked it all up. the trailers made it seem so good. shame. another one falls to the open world meme

God the Fox Engine is fucking amazing
I agree about the boss fight
I wish there was ever going to be another game on the engine though, it's honestly so crisp and fun to play in I wouldn't care about story quality as long as there was gameplay variety.

You'll get to play Metal Gear Survive :^)

You think that's a monkey paw wish but I don't give a fuck about that as long as I get to play more

I play MGO3 and enjoy it too, get @ me

GZ actually had a consistent tone. V acts like it's diamond dogs are anti heroes, yet they save animals, save the English language, and dispose of nukes.

I disliked GZ so much that I never gave TPP a try. Sounds like I made the right decision.

I understand that TPP was bound to be disappointing anyways thanks to the open world meme. But fuck me, even the GZ side-ops were god-like. Just compare Destroy the AA Emplacements to the shit that was C2W. Or Eliminate the Renegade Threat to any assassination mission in TPP, where targets barely react and stay in the same place forever (except mission 19 but you had to fuck up really bad for it). Or Classified Intel Acquisition and its twist (no a single twist in any of the TPP missions). Or how there wasn't any mission that used the copter well like Intel Operative Rescue.

The only mission that really explored well the possibilities of the open world was Backup Back Down, and it was a non-stealthy mission. What a fucking shame.

>save the English language
Literal scum.

They're totally different

GZ was amazing.

The fact that the one base could give you multiple hours of content through variations and missions is evidence enough.

Same controls, same game.

Oh wait, TPP was also PW HD. Just one more reason for me to have avoided it. Greatly disliked PW.

>small military installation
>barely any indoor locations

kojimbo fucked up the interiors in both GZ/TPP. Camera was atrocious in those cases, unless you liked to stare at Snake's ass

>unless you liked to stare at Snake's ass
Kojima loves ass shots. To him, the indoor camera was NOT a fuck up in the least.

And much like in metal gear solid

japans are involved in a missile strike from north korea.

That ain't a shitpost look up your news site. North korea fired another missile at japan. Hit the sea.

Not saying that TPP level design was shit, but i would've rather had multiple GZ like bases all with different patrol routes and objectives and ways to get in and out of etc.
In TPP you have 2-3 ways to enter a stronghold or something but usually you still just enter from the front, the villa was probably the only exception but as soon you enter that one you're basicly at your goal already.
The oen world thing was a more of a hindrance imo

People make fun of the "Chapter 3 is still coming!!!" people, but once you enter these threads and read some of the posts you really see that it is wiser to balk at the people who say there is any noteworthy difference between TPP and GZ. Same game, don't reply to me trying to argue they aren't.

You can't say one is shit and the other isn't, you have to accept they're both shit or they're both fine.

Well, that's like your opinion man

Wrong. The AI was fucked and Camp Omega had fuck-all to do. At least in TPP you could gather resources or soldiers or do side missions.

4's aiming was too stiff, there were too many superfluous moves, and the replacement for wall leaning was terrible. V played much better. Also 4's chapter 2 was better than 1.

>The AI was fucked
how? f anything it was better. Hard mode was actually hard. GZ soldiers had more interesting and believable route patrolling
>Camp Omega had fuck-all to do. At least in TPP you could gather resources or soldiers or do side missions.
"I like to grind" say no one ever

Venom isnt in GZ.

>20 minute $40 demo that sold for full price at launch
>$60 95+ hour fully featured game
I dont know, it sells itself

damn right i had much fun with this game

>takes all the grinding and optional repetitive shit from TPP in account
>only counts the GZ main mission

GZ sneak suit is in TPP

>optional repetitive shit
you're right, it was optional and repetitive shit
so I didnt do it and guess what. It still took me 95 hours to get the true ending and 50% story completion

looks like you need to finish TPP :^)

Good gampeplay, shit story.

Agree?

GZ proves Kojima isn't a complete hack. If TPP was just GZ but longer it really would have been the GOAT stealth game. The open-world meme was a mistake.

No.

>GZ proves Kojima isn't a complete hack
But GZ was Konami's doing, not Kojimas.

This is the greatest thing I've seen in my life, I will have nightmares now.

Kojima and his team proves that they can still make something resembling good level design.

>Snake in Peace Walker looks like an mean faced old hag that looked familiar to typical Che Guevara propaganda imagery without a bandana, which was intended.
One year later, Ground Zeroes:
>He looks like some young guy with a beard and a few wrinkles here and there, with a tendency to be somewhat stern.
Out of all mysteries, Kojima never explained this

You clearly can't think for yourself.

Nanomachines.

Picture unrelated

Goes to show you that Kojima never had MGS stories planned out, he just makes new shit up for each game. He intended for PW to be the last prequel prior to MG1, so he made Big Boss look old.

Every game since 4 (3 if you want to stretch it) is basically fanservice without a sense of proper direction.

>Venom isnt in GZ
No time for anaesthetic, we've got to open her now.

So you admit you haven't played or finished TPP