Why does this system get so much praise from Sup Forums despite being a dumbed down PC like Xbox and playstation?

Why does this system get so much praise from Sup Forums despite being a dumbed down PC like Xbox and playstation?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Qf6u4QUBjyQ
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

good games

tell me why ps2 gets so much praise?
or the snes?
or any console?
also tell me what pc game implements gamepad features

no exclusives though
>also tell me what pc game implements gamepad features
You can stream to a tablet from a PC. Also most Wii U games don't even use the second screen for anything substantial, 3D World, NSMBU, Kirby, etc all just make the two screens exactly the same

It doesn't? Only a very small but very vocal minority says it's good. Jesus, are we already at that point where since the new thing is out, we pretend the last shitty thing was liked?

>no exclusives though
thats literally all it has wtf are you talking about

threyre all on 3DS and Switch

>no exclusives
Lol, that's all the Wii U had. The system died due to its gimmicky gamepad and lack of third party support. Nintendo certainly gave the thing plenty of first party exclusives though.

bayo 2 w101 kirby pikmin dk xenoblade are not on switch or 3ds

>Nintendo certainly gave the thing plenty of first party exclusives though.
no they fucking didn't
no exclusive Zelda
no metroid
the worst star fox
the worst paper mario
Wii U has a completely shit library, I guess Smash and Bayonetta were fun.

Bayo 2, W101 and DKTF are going to be ported to switch
the kirby game is knack-tier

3DS and Switch each have 1 expanded port that was released years after the Wii U version. Each also has one cross-platform release with the Wii U (though I would hardly call Smash Bros cross platform, since the Wii U version is much better). That's not exactly all the games.

k

>also tell me what pc game implements gamepad features
3D world had several levels that required a mic or tapping the screen
Kirby is entirely touch based
Xenoblade uses it for field navs and fast travel
Mario maker obviously
Nintendo land has several to check based games and even utilises the camera to prevent screen watching.
Zelda WW and TP uses it for item organisation
Splatoon had a map screen
NSMB had a function to create platforms by tapping

There's probably a few that I don't personally own.

>1 expanded port
Pokken DX and MK8D, that's already two. W101 and Bayo 2 will be 4.
And it wasn't "years after" the original, Pokken came out fucking last year.

>W101 and Bayo 2 will be 4.
Which aren't coming to the switch.

Zelda was planned to be Wii U exclusive, before the system died and Nintendo had to release the Switch.
I'll give you the others. But answer me this: has anyone, memes aside, ever really cared about Star Fox or Paper Mario?

What makes you think that?

What makes you think they are?

>Zelda was planned to be exclusive blah blah blah
Yeah and if your aunt had balls she'd be your uncle, do you have a point here?

Test

Rayman Legends has a character who can only be used with the gamepad, moving platforms with the touchscreen etc.
Batman also had map and item management, and fun detail, the radio transmissions only come from the pad
Fatal Frame also

Platinum tweeted a picture of Bayonetta's two designs matching up with the red and blue joycons, then a picture of Wonder Director, Wonder Green and Wonder Black playing a game on Switch, then Kamiya tweeted a picture of a Switch development kit

W101 and Bayo 2 are not confirmed. And Pokken was in 2015. That's enhanced 2 ports, not enough to say the Switch and Wii U have the same library. If you want to play this gay game, how many ports/last gen remasters does the PS4 have? Hint: far more than 2.

So a sequel is in the works then.

To be fair with Bayonetta that's literally how the two games were colour coded since the beginning, it has nothing to do with joycons

but Sup Forums hates PS4 and calls it a remaster machine

Holy crap, it's literally always the same user

Do you really have nothing else to do beside making these threads over and over?

Your argument was that Nintendo had no planned games for the Wii U. BOTW is clearly evidence against that. It and most of the games soon coming for the Switch would have been on the Wii U, if the console had thrived. Nintendo didn't have a grand plan to not make games for the Wii U. The system just failed and they made a business decision to move on.

>but Sup Forums hates PS4
Since when?
Last time I checked Sup Forums has a massive boner for it.

What?
I don't care what they planned, I care about what actually happened
What weird other-dimensional Sup Forums do you browse?

I mean, it kind of is just a remaster machine/AAA normiebox. The only games most people play on it are remasters or stuff like FIFA and GTA.

>What weird other-dimensional Sup Forums do you browse?
You tell me.
That's been the current state of Sup Forums for that last two or three years.

And Wii U is what, a Zelda box?

Every thread I see about PS4 is just filled with anger towards sony and its fans.

Well then you admit your original premise of Nintendo not attempting to put its franchises on the Wii U was false?

>The only games most people play on it are remasters
same for Switch, Mario Kart remaster is the best-selling game
>b-b-buh no one owned a Wii U
And lots of PS4 owners had a 360 instead of PS3 last gen

You certainly haven't been browsing our Sup Forums then.

No I won't admit it because Nintendo was talking about the new Zelda all the way back in 2013, there was no fucking reason for it to come out so late

It's a box for playing Nintendo games (Zelda, Mario Oddysey, upcoming Pokemon, Metroid, Yoshi, Fire Emblem, etc.) along with a few exclusives and lower end multiplats from other developers.. That's its niche; no rational person has ever claimed the Switch is the one and only game device people should have.
At least the Switch has its own niche. The PS4 is just a shitty gaming computer without access to Steam.

I was talking about Wii U, what purpose did Wii U supposedly serve from 2012-2016?

Imagine being such a victim complex riddled faggot that you have to pretend the best selling console of the generation is some underappreciated underdog

>Mario Kart remaster is the best-selling game
Enhanced port. A remaster is an entirely different thing.
And it's not the best selling game.

You kind of refute your first point with your second. Mario Kart is the best selling game because its great and nobody owned the Wii U. The Switch is the first opportunity for many people to play MK8.

Sure, why not, being able to play all Zeldas in one console was one of the reasons i picked it up

So if buying remasters is valid for people to do on Switch then its also valid for people to buy them on PS4.

>Enhanced port. A remaster is an entirely different thing.
Does it actually matter or are you just arguing pointless semantics like a faggot?

Do go on. What other insider secrets do you have from the development teams of various game companies. Perhaps you could tell us why KH3 should already be released? Or why Resident Evil 4 or Fallout 3 shouldn't have taken 6 years to make?

Are you really going to pretend this place isn't Nintendo drone central?
You can emulate any Zelda game on Wii U with a toaster

All the games you listed got such long delays because the teams are incompetent just like Nintendo

>Does it actually matter
Uh yeah?
A remaster is the exact same game as it was before.
An enhanced port is a game with various revisions and changes with new content to the base game.

It's intention was to be exactly what the Switch is doing now. A box for playing Nintendo games and third party exclusives/lower end titles. The system simply fell flat, so its potential was never realized.

No you can't, not with a toaster

>A box for playing Nintendo games
So why didn't they put any on it? All I got were half-assed titles like Kirby and NES remix.

yes you can, Wii U only has ports of Wii and GC zeldas and you can run dolphin on a toaster
with HD mods they'll look much better than the Wii U """"""""HD"""""""" remasters too

>Are you really going to pretend this place isn't Nintendo drone central?
In what universe is a place that hates nintendo "drone central"?

Sup Forums sucks Nintendo's cock so hard that this board actively defends amiibo cancer, you're delusional if you think Sup Forums hates Nintendo

I mean, I guess so. But the Switch only has 2 enhanced ports and lots of exclusives coming or already released. The PS4 pretty much only has Bloodborne, as well as a bunch of remasters (from systems far more popular than the Wii U, but that's another argument) and third party games that could be played better on PC. At least the Switch has its unique niche. The PS4 is just a shitty computer that sells well because normies want a plug and play console for GTA.

>The PS4 pretty much only has Bloodborne,
and Gravity Rush 2, and Nioh, and Persona 5, and Yakuza 0
>from systems far more popular than the Wii U
Vita sold about the same as Wii U so I guess according to your logic if a game gets ported from Vita to PS4 its basically PS4 exclusive right?

Maybe do more research
Honestly you're too stupid for words if you either bought a system in which you did no research or bought the system and refused to buy any of the good titles

Kirby is great

>Wii U
>No exclusives

You need to lay off the shitposting, buddy. Take a time out.

They did. It got DK, Super Mario World, Mario Maker, Mario Kart, Yoshi, Splatoon, Smash 4, Pokken Tournament, BOTW, various others. It would have gotten more if the Wii U hadn't flopped.

I bought these and there's only like 4 of them that are good

lol no
>Super Mario World,
worst 3D Mario
>Mario Kart,
ported to Switch
>Yoshi
ported to 3DS
>Smash 4, Pokken Tournament, BOTW
ported to Switch

Rayman Legends was also supposed to be a Wii U exclusive but Zombi U flopped

I don't care what it was supposed to be dude, why do you even feel the need to bring that up as if it matters?

Exclusives
Exclusives
Beats me
there are too many to list

Won't have any left after they're all ported to Switch by the end of the year.

almost every noteworthy PS2 game was ported to PC, PS3, Vita or PS4, not exclusive :)

>no exclusives though
That's all it fucking had tho.
Because god knows it didn't have any multiplats Sup Forums already parroted that a million times already.

Wow, a few weeb games finally released years into the PS4's lifetime.
No they are all ports. It's just less Jewish when companies port over games from systems nobody bought. Ports from the Vita or Wii U at least give huge masses of people their first opportunity to play the game. Ports from the PS3 or 360 are mainly just cash grabs from people idiotic enough to repurchase the same game.

and the Wii U is a dead console, what's your point you drooling retard old games get ported all the time, they were exclusive during the Wii U's run as a console

youtube.com/watch?v=Qf6u4QUBjyQ

>old games get ported all the time
So why's it bad when PS4 is a remaster box but its fine when Switch is?
>a few weeb games
>>>/reddit/

>Gravity Rush 2, and Nioh, and Persona 5, and Yakuza 0
compare this list to the exclusives the PS1, PS2 hell even the PS3 got and it's a pretty pathetic list

the PS4 has been out for 4 years and has about 6 good exclusives, it's easily the worst Sony console

Two Wii U ports is a little too early to call it a remaster machine, but don't let facts get in the way of your shitposting :^)

Its the same for Wii U though, its the worst Nintendo console with the fewest games.

>I don't like the games, so they are the worst game ever
Also, why do you people have the idea that ports mean the original system now had no exclusives? The Wii U was the only place to play stuff like MK8 a few years ago.

Because remasters are the exact same game.

>So why's it bad when PS4 is a remaster box but its fine when Switch is?
because Nintendo is still actually trying

Knack was so shit Sony just gave up and released remasters of Crash and Rachet kek

It's not bad. Everybody does it.
And I personally don't see a problem with porting its games as everyone told me no one bought a WiiU.

Two ports, one multiplat and two upcoming ports.
No one likes Color Splash or Star Fox Zero.
>The Wii U was the only place to play stuff like MK8 a few years ago.
I don't care about a few years ago

the Wii U has the excuse of being shit, the PS4 sold 100 million units and should have a far better library considering it's support

>because Nintendo is still actually trying
No they aren't, they're making shovelware like Arms

>implying Nioh, Persona, Gravity, and Yakuza aren't weeb games
I'll admit they are fun games, but they are still weeb games that don't appeal to 90% of gamers.

As opposed to making shovelware like Gravity Rush and knack?

Great use of money there pal

Arms is fun

Who the fuck cares if they're "weeb" games? Nintenbros put Xenoblade on their lists all the time, do you have a hissyfit over "weeb games" when they do that?

>Dumbed down PC
It's literally not.

I guess this is supposed to be sarcasm? I hate most of those games.

But you should have cared a few years ago, when nobody knew the Switch was coming.
What the hell kind of logic is it to think systems retroactively lose their exclusives? Is the NES a shit system with no exclusives, because you can emulate its entire library?

It literally is, at least Switch can be take on the go, Wii U is stationary and has shit hardware with barely any exclusives.

Why should I have cared a few years ago? Nintendo announced the NX 2 years ago, me and everyone else knew every Wii U game after that would come to NX.

Let me guess, did you also play BotW and then realized the game was shit after 80 hours?

No, I don't have a hissy fit over weeb games existing. It's just you are implying the PS4 has a robust library of exclusives, when it really has a few exclusives for a niche part of the gaming community.

NES wasn't able to be emulated until 15+ years after its life ended, Wii U is losing all of its exclusives not even a year after it died. Not even remotely comparable situations

Xenoblade Chronicles X outsold Nioh and Gravity Rush 2, even Persona 5 barely outsold it despite the PS4 install base being like 10 times the size of the Wii U

the PS4 has a huge install base but they don't like weeb games much

>when it really has a few exclusives for a niche part of the gaming community.
Just like... the Wii U....
Whoa....