Sonic Mania in-game modding confirmed

reddit.com/r/SonicTheHedgehog/comments/6wmobi/sonic_manias_eula_on_steam_includes_a_bunch_of/

Suck it up console plebs.

Other urls found in this thread:

sega.nl/EULA
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

So is this why it was delayed? Ha DRM posters will be crying now.

>reddit

Does it matter who found it first?

So how many stage addition mods are going to be made for this game

It's the fact you use Reddit, not the fact they found it.

Oh shiiiiit.

would you rather him use kdramaster

You are a faggot.

shut the fuck up about reddit bogeyman, this is good news

Says the guy defending the Redditer.

I found it on the Steam forums dipshit.

>posting a reddit link
>engaging in console war faggotry
I forgot how shit this board was. Thanks for the reminder OP.

>Suck it up console plebs.
Why though? Everyone can run Sonic Mania on their cheap 2010 laptops.

I wouldn't use mods anyway. I don't want to play as Metal Sonic or whatever unless it's a canon dev choice.

Proof?

It's just the standard Sega EULA. Literally non-news.

Those are still pcs. Even the shittiest PCs have numerous advantages over console shittery

there are people who actually refuse to play anything on PC and because of that will never have access to mods

that doesn't excuse OP pushing consolewar faggotry, but it's still good news to be spreading around

>or whatever unless it's a canon dev choice.
and then there's THIS faggot

>standard Sega EULA

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>REDDIT
Summer isn't over yet, huh?

why are you typing like a newfag redditor with the text right beside the post number

>filename

do any of you guys expect any new content??

>in-game modding
What does this even mean, the game coming out on PC is the exact same game as on console. The EULA is just standard fare

HAHAHAHA SUCK IT CONSOLE FAGS

I just had a dream where mania for pc was canceled
That's literally impossible at this point, right guys?

they managed to add new levels to sonic generations, so yes

Shadow

>and to publish those Mods to the Steam Workshop Modding page for the Product (“Modding Page”).

Nigga, I'll only press enter if I'm making a
>Greentext.
Basically, I'm too fucking lazy to do so.

But not through the workshop.

Also, there are no mods for Sonic CD which uses Mania's engine.

All right kids, repeat after me.

THANKS

>comparing a passing port of one of the least popular classic Sonic games to Sonic's return to greatness that gaming media and everyone in general has been gushing over and hyping up for years

kys, then lurk moar.

welcome to Sup Forums little guy

What's a more likely scenario? A halo forge situation where PC gamers make stages for the console gamers, or a Blops 3 situation where mod tools were provided but no one gave a shit?

As much as PC gamers love to bring up mods, they don't actually care about games other than Bethpoop and GTA to get modded. Plus, a vast majority of games don't even allow modding from the start, and what few modders there are would rather make yet another horsecock mod for Skyrim or yet another Lancer Evo for GTA.

TOMORROW CAN'T COME SOON ENOUGH.

>tfw everyone hyping up mod support but nobody will make a single mod for it once it comes out

Based Taxman and Stealth throwing a bone to their fellow Sonic modders.

I just want to play the fucking game. Its going to be available 12:01 est standard time

There aren't really any CD mods outside of Metal Sonic but every other mainline Sonic game on Steam has at least a couple of nice mods

here's the gif version if for some reason you end up dissapointed tomorrow

>it won't have mods
>w-well it does have mods but nobody's gonna care about them!

Fucking lmao. Keep shitposting that image of wojak behind the fence lads, you only have a few more hours left

The entirety of S3K.
Fuck's sake, people have been asking for a Tax game on PC where you can swap in the S3K assets and this one has just enough space for all of S3K's zones. It ain't a coincidence.

While I'm all for mods, I can't image there being any particularly great ones for Mania. Just throwing in copy and pasted layouts from previous classic games would be lame and I'm not really sure what else could be done

Maybe someone will add new level transitions?

SUPER SONIC ON DIFFERENT BUTTON

>PCfriends get Sonic Mania, a game that SonyGODS had two weeks
>sonyGODS get Yakuza Kiwami 2, a game PCfriends will never, EVER get, not in a MILLION YEARS

someone on Sonic Retro mentioned that they are actually working on shit for Taxman CD on PC

leave out marble garden and carnival nights please

Nigga this is our only chance at widescreen S3K and you're gonna bitch about it?

We're talking about Sonic fags we're at least going to see sprite swaps and donutsteels.

Carnival Night is fun
Marble Garden can eat a dick

Marble Garden Act 2 is great.

I'd rather throw out Hydrocity.

POST YFW CUSTOM 3D SPECIAL STAGES

I remember when I was 19

>Someone mods Sonic R into the game using the special stages as a basis
A man can dream

The specials are going to be a Sonic R stage.
Screencap this.

Now we're talkin'

>Someone makes Sonic R 2 in it

Reddit is perfectly fine for news and is usually a good source and the first place devs go to reach out extensively to a game community.

The problem with Reddit is when it comes to actual discussion, it's all just groupthink and people sucking off whoever has the most upboats.

>someone will mod the entire S3&K into Mania

It feels so fucking good holy shit. The wait was worth it, the mods are going to be great

It'll be fun seeing people recreate SNES/GBA F-Zero stages

What zones do you want to see added the most via mods, lads?

>S&K Death Egg

Had top tier gimmicks and great music which I'm sure could be made even better

Nice, this means I get to play as Amy :D

Mystic Cave.

How is this news? PC games are always more easily moddable than console games. What's the news here exactly?

>they try to recreate the special stages from Sonic 3D Blast

>Mysterious anonymous completely perfect recreation is on the workshop day one.

Please Chris, just give it to us.

the beach stage from sonic advance 1

Why do people hate Marble Garden? It's one of my favourites

Sonic CD's port is on PC as well and, despite using an extremely similar engine is cancer for modding because nobody knows how the fucker works. Mania's got modding in the fucking EULA, meaning there will likely be mod tools or readily available documentation.

Sega's always been super fucking cool about mods, like how they're completely fine with the Phantasy Star 2 Text Adventure series being included as "mods" for PSII.

Also legit legal romhacks with steam workshop support for the Megadrive Collection which is fucking insane. That was already a huge deal and this is a pretty big one too. Sega really did turn the fuck around recently.

this
you can literally just copy entire sentences from that plebbit post, ctrl+f them on the sega site and you'll get them
sega.nl/EULA

stop getting your hopes up for nothing

17 more hours!

How soon until Adam Jensen gets modded in?

>expecting there to be mods for sprite games
That actually takes effort unlike 3D polygonal games so forget it

I mean the entire point of the MD Collection is to incentivize people paying them $20 during a sale for the same shit as an emulator. Giving a nod of approval to fan translations, mods, hacks, and supplemental content is the best thing you can do with that.

Can we mod the game into Sonic Eggs On Toast 2?

Someone better make Knuckles&Knuckles&Knuckles mode

fuck now I'll never get to play as José's sprite edit fan character.

Kill yourself you piece of shit

Is it in Sonic CD's EULA?

Thank god. Mods may end up relatively small in the end, but it's better than not having mods at all.

It's much cheaper than that on sale, practically nothing. Also they did do a bunch of shit they absolutely didn't need to do like model a whole room and add VR support on top of the workshop shit. They made it worth owning despite the emulator.

You vastly underestimate the Sonic fan community.

Because they're plebs who need to be shot in the head

>New 2D Sonic game
>PC release
>Dedicated mod support

We are truly living in the best timeline

That won't happen since there's differences in physics and no hyper sonic in Mania.

They tend to prefer hacking roms when it comes to sprite game since that's what they're familiar with.

>be a weak poorfag
>want to have Sonic Mania on my toaster
>already bought it on a borrowed PS4
I guess I'll have to wait and see if I can get mods/hacks to work with pirated copies.

Taxman wouldn't have remained silent about this. Don't get your hopes up.

let me buy it for you

>extract rsdk
>edit sprite images
>swap out a couple of songs
>repack rsdk
wowee that sure was hard

Is it actually impossible to use mods on pirated games?

Thank you, but I don't want you to waste your money.

Blaze mod pls

buy it for me instead user

No, of course not. He'd just have to pirate Workshop mods.