25 CHARACTERS

25 CHARACTERS
Game confirmed for unsalvageable.

Other urls found in this thread:

nintendoeverything.com/fire-emblem-warriors-devs-chrom-was-made-first-lissa-lucina-frederick-robin-talk-much-more/
nintendoeverything.com/fire-emblem-warriors-devs-on-how-the-game-came-to-be-choosing-characters-games-original-characters-more/2/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>almost all Awakening, Fates, and OC Donut Steel trash

That's the real problem.

Is Lyn in it?

25 before DLC? That's even more than expected.
How many have they announced so far, 15?

Hyrule Warriors had 13 characters at launch without any DLC, and it did just fine.

that doesn't mean there are 25 characters, retard

Why would a fanservice game feature original characters, I don't understand

>1 week before odyssey

lmao rip

finally this garbage franchise can die in peace

Only as DLC. That's right, the character who was voted as the most popular female in the whole franchise will have to be DLC.

Lyn, Ike, Roy and Hector will probably be painfully overpriced Nintendo DLC.

17 so far, counting both Robins and both Corrins. Marth is the only non-13/14 character so far.

>people can't buy gamesa month after release! I know because mom won't pay me a ticket for emoji AND leap this summer!
back to redddit with you.

I doubt the Waifu Emblem/Musou audience is exactly the same as Mario's.

17 + young tiki unofficially so 18, leaving 7 left.
Place your bets for this miserable title.
>Caeda, Jagen,
>Severa and Cynthia (there are more awakening characters and future children to be announced according to the devs)
>Azura, Elise, Sakura

Can you edit the Awakening avatar or create a custom character? If not, I'm not buying.

They need to change Lucina to her more perfect version.

>Caeda, Jagen
>implying Marth isn't going to be the first Shadow Dragon rep
You know it be true, people only care about Pre-Awakening FE because of Smash

The more perfect version is the way KT originally planned to put her in the game

He's already been announced since day 1 user.

>>Caeda, Jagen
Most likely.
>>Severa and Cynthia (there are more awakening characters and future children to be announced according to the devs)
No, especially why Cynthia? Try Tharja, Gaius, maybe Virion because there's only one archer.
>>Azura, Elise, Sakura
100%

Don't be rude user

>25 characters
>90% awakening and fates royals
What the fuck are they doing

no donnel no play

What's so rude about the facts?

This is a musou right?

Are musous even good? I remember playing the dynasty warrior games like years ago, but I was never really into them, have musous changed enough that I may be interested in this?

I know, I'm saying he's the only Shadow Dragon rep you're gonna get because people only know who he is because of Smash

Popularity Poll?

So what you're saying is I won't be buying this.

>both Robins and both Corrins
I haven't been paying any attention to the announcements and don't really plan on buying this and yet this statement still somehow pisses me off.

>facts

>Literally no side characters when Hyrule Warriors prided itself on it
Was this Int at work again?

Ike and Lyn won that poll. Not the Awakening/Fates characters.

only femCorrin is confirmed, but both Robins are in the game. No, they are not different from each other. Yes, they are their own character slots.

>WAAAAAAHHHHH MUH LYN, MUH HECTOR
They already explained that they plan on covering a few game at a time, wait for the sequel you stupid fucks.

Musou is a meme genre anyway.
I can understand someone falling for it once when their favorite series gets its own version of it, but the thought process of people who get tricked into the same button mashing snoozefest multiple times is beyond my comprehension.

>buy DLC for the characters you actually want!

Yes. the "too many swords" a legitmate thing KT was trying to prevent, before IntSys and Nintendo forced Lighningcina into the game and to control over the roster.

It's a mix of KT and ISIS
With Hyrule Warriors, KT originally wanted it to be TP and OoT only, but the Nintendo part of the team decided to go more crazy with the roster
With FE Warriors, you have KT, who only wants it to be FE13 and FE14, and ISIS, who pretend anything before FE13 doesn't exist, so you get this shitty roster as a result

They won't be DLC. They won't be in this game at all.

>the most popular characters should be the ones who have to wait for a sequel

This will be your Path of Radiance representative.

The 2 games that outsold the previous 12 combined should be the ones to wait?

>3 main games the story was based on at launch in Hyrule Warriors was OOT, Twilight Princess, and Skyward Sword.
>good enough variety with each game being people's favorites

>FE Warriors 3 main games are the original and nu-Fire Emblem, Awakening and Fates, with some of the shittiest examples of localization just to name the least.
>Also, sales of this will go to Mario Odyssey since it follows it shortly after

With hundreds of playable characters across the series it's a slippery slope to start playing favorites.
Zelda has literally one playable character copy/pasted over and over. Those side characters were a necessity, not a feature.

On the bright side, if they're going to do sequels for different games, real FE fans can just pass on Warriors 1 and leave it to the nuEmblem fans, and wait for the Tellius and Jugdral games.

When it's a game that exists exclusively as character fanservice, and the characters from those 2 games aren't the most popular? Yes, actually.

Alas, Lyn is the most popular female. So why isn't she is this game?

25 character cards doesn't mean that's the whole roster though.

This could be the base playable roster before you unlock more.

We haven't even seen any confirmed playable vilains yet and there's a couple they could definitely choose from.

I thought he was okay, not much of a character though.

I have an idea, why not make the cast representations more evenly spread in a single Warriors game instead of min-maxing across a prospective 2 or 3 games? Sequels aren't guaranteed and Fire Emblem ought to know that fact well by now.

The future kids were just random guesses, Severa cause she is the most popular female 2nd gen and Cynthia was me just being cynical, but Owain seems more likely since he is the most popular male 2nd gen. But the devs pretty much said that there would be more future kids since Lucina is in the game. Tharja seems very likely though.

All these games have expansions that are always a good value if you play musou games.

>no Vaike in Heroes in spite of it having most of the playable 1st gens
>no Vaike in Warriors even though it's a 13/14 game he'd be perfect in

Why do they hate Jersey shore axe man so much? He was one of the only Awakening characters who wasn't completely unlikable.

Uhm, I wonder what Nintendo values more, the games that saved FE and made it an A-list franchise, or the ones that... have characters that win pointless internet popularity polls.
Because that would mean being forced to have a roster made for 90% of lords, they already explained it.

>Game confirmed for unsalvageable.
That was incredibly obvious due to it being musou trash as well as using the Fire Emblem brand.

Vaike sucks.
If they want a berserker it should be Charlotte, or even Arthur would be better.

Why would you want Vaike? we already have the best greatest axe user in the whole series

When's Walhart? Literally the only good Awakening character.

>Young Tiki

This is the Awakening + Fates show featuring Marth from the Fire Emblem series. Get your loli shit out of here.

After Gangrel.

So how many Shadow Dragon characters are there in the game, aside from Marth?

He'll be apart of the Echoes DLC with Alm and Morgan

>Disrespecting THE VAIKE

Does anyone else think FE7fags should be gassed? They're cancerous waifu and husbando fags

Considering they made young Tiki better in Heroes and used young Tiki in #FE, you may end up disappointed.

>caring about OmegaForce rushed spin-offs
>caring about nu-FireEmblem
>owning a Switch

Ouch. I'm sorry for you guys.

There's Marth, and...Marth.

Tiki got an amiibo though. So that's something.

To be fair, they had no idea she was so popular.
There was a theory that the reason they expanded the special victory costumes from the Heroes poll to the top 2 guys & girls instead of just the top was because they were already making Lucina's poll victory costume but Lyn was winning by a large margin.

She'll be in one of the first couple DLC packs for sure though. I'm wondering if any of the other FE7 superfriends will make it in

I'm a fan of Teach

Hopes?

1. Ike
2. Chrom
3. Robin
4. Lissa
5. The Black Knight
6. Corrin
7. Lucina
8.Lynn
9.Hector
10. Tharja
11. Owain
12. Anna
13. Leo
14. Xander
15. Ryoma
16. Marth
17. Roy
others

Just Marth right now, but Young Tiki was implied to be in by the e3 Treehouse guys.
>Day 1 "We have a new non sword character to show you tomorrow."
>Day 2 "Hey guys here is a Young Tiki Amiibo."
and the devs said in a recent interview that they were anxious to hear everyone's guesses on potential Shadow Dragon characters. So hopefully that means there are more than two.

Heh, I was gonna post the same thing.

Sasuga IS(IS)

Oh good, cautiously optimistic then.

Young Tiki is getting an amiibo to coincide with the game.

This. Fully.
They have at least 12 games to choose from and they go with 2 + made up crap.

The game is like Smash basically. It's used to sell current games.

>Because that would mean being forced to have a roster made for 90% of lords, they already explained it.
And the problem with that is...?

3. They haven't shown off Shadow Dragon's main list of characters yet aside from Marth, but they said that'll be the other game they draw from.

But that's still fudging the numbers a lot since Marth's got "4" games (really 2 games, with 2 remakes), which overwhelmingly share the same exact cast.

So if you want to be anal, FE Warriors is mainly going to be drawing from 6 FE games.

>Hey guys, let's make a bunch of OC's for the game!
>We have way too many sword users, especially since Nintendo Sama is forcing us to put Lucina into the game, so lets give the playable twins an axe and a lance
>Nah, let's just give them both swords instead. It'll be a lot easier.

This was the biggest clup of bullshit I've heard so far

Their reasoning is the most asstarded thing I've ever heard as well. "We wanted the tutorial to illustrate the weapon wheel starting with swords, so we made the OC twins sword users."

Nigga just redesign the tutorial around Marth, hot damn.

Tharja will be revealed soon

>entire roster confirmed currently is all from awakening and fates
Just kill me, fuck new fire emblem

that's like 3% of all playable Fire Emblem characters, even if we get DLC that's doesn't even break %10 of the franchise, I'll get it but only cause I want it to do well despite the critisim, which thankfully has been very vocal and that we get a sequel that is everything that this should have been, and at least then I could be okay with this just seeing it as a early framework for a better game.

We've known there would be 25 characters for two weeks.

I'm frankly amazed they went with 13+14+Marth games instead of 13+14+Gaiden/Echoes since they're still trying to sell Echoes.

That'd be dumb. A big appeal of Fire Emblem is a varied, large cast. There's so many niches in combat, design, personality, and so on. By not forcing it to represent every game (which is most well represented by it's lords), they get to put in more unique stuff without it being weird favoritism or obviously slighting people just to fill a gameplay niche.

The other games can be saved for expansions or sequels, where they'd get their lords AND some actual characters from the game. Like just shoving Sigurd and Seliph in would suck when you could just wait and get multiple holy weapon users instead.

Was that LITERALLY their reasoning?

yes
nintendoeverything.com/fire-emblem-warriors-devs-chrom-was-made-first-lissa-lucina-frederick-robin-talk-much-more/

I guess it's easier to write a story focused on generic OCs than delving into the existing characters' worlds and cohesively tying them together

>Usuda: Yes indeed. Because there are many sword characters, there were talks during development to give an axe to the boy (Shion/Rowan) and a spear to the girl (Lianna). However, the twins are Lords, and while we were designing the game prologue, we wanted those who don’t really play action games to be able to properly play it too, so we wanted to create the right kind of tutorial. In that case, the enemy positions and gameplay experience would change, and it wouldn’t feel right if they would change based on the protagonists’ weapons. We want people to understand the weapon triangle starting from the sword. We want people who don’t even know about Fire Emblem to be able to grasp the rules, so we made [the tutorial] to stay the same regardless of the choices for the two.

Tharja, also I know they said they wouldn't but Alm and Celica, if they are smart they would sneak them in as damage control, otherwise they have to he DLC and if they're the first DLC they push everyone else back and if theyre not were left wondering why Nintendo isn't promoting a Fire Emblem that's only six months old, especially to new players who just got it, that sends a bad message to people who literally just got into the franchise, so now you're pissing old fans and the newest fans, If they're smart theyll include them I think.

No, I'm saying I won't be buying this.

That was a rather strange decision to make. I expected at least some Gaiden/Echoes characters to be in the game from the very beginning.

I'm a despicable waifu fag so all have to say is: NO THARJA NO BUY

>SE includies 3 OST disc set, poster, and cards

I guess NOA is finally growing a spine and finally releasing decent LEs now. I guess those complaints from Samus Returns LE only having the OST disc in the US version probably made them fucking wake up.

It's simple, according to the devs.
>"A Fire Emblem without Marth is not a Fire Emblem after all."
nintendoeverything.com/fire-emblem-warriors-devs-on-how-the-game-came-to-be-choosing-characters-games-original-characters-more/2/

What the fuck?
Are these nips mentally challenged? Did not a single one stop and go:
>Wait, what if we just made one of our sixteen Sword Lords the tutorial character?

HOLY SHIT that's a level of incompetence I've not heard of in a long time.

Speaking of Echoes, do we call it FE15? I mean, I haven't really heard anyone doing that yet, but the last two remakes are considered 11 and 12, so I don't see why Echoes wouldn't be 15.

I wasn't expecting the Dragonstone, but they sould have at least included the artbook.

incompetence I guess, it will start to bite them in the ass now, they had the exact use the Awakening/Fates shilling was because they were the newest games by now that they've shown to favor them even over new games I get the feeling that Nintendo will quickly move in to fix the circlejerk once this game comes out.