What is your honest opinion of the xbox consoles?

What is your honest opinion of the xbox consoles?

360 > OG > One

The only good one is 360. One and Scorpio are made for netflix.

Xbox was fun and a decent number of exclusives. 360 itself was a shit console but had some of my favorite games and best memories. I've been trying to convince myself to get an xbone for the MCC but I can't bring myself to do it. Would rather buy a Switch than an xbone.

First Xbox is great for multiplats, it also have a decent library of exclusives from Sega, like Panzer Dragoon Orta or Shenmue 2. I didn't care about it in 2002, but now it seems it's my go-to console when playing 6th generation. X360 is bad, and XOneX is a cancer incorporated.

original xbox is a great console
360 is one of my favorite consoles of all time
xbox one might be the worst mainstream console of all time

It's really not worth it
>armors come in sets no more piece by piece customization
>emblems don't show up in game
>can't save clips to theater mode
>no postgame lobby/party-up
>takes forever to find games in certain game modes

>Original
Pretty cool, had some good exclusives and was an overal decent console

>360
Simply epic, had basically everything the PS3 had, a shit load of exclusives and the best controller of the generation

>Xbone
Decent counter to the PS4 for a while, has become barren of good exclusives and theres little reason to own one over a PS4 or PC. Controllers great though.

>original Xbox destroyed thief deadly shadows because "hardware limitations" and became a shit port.
>took 12+ years to be fixed on PC by people who still care
Thats enough for me.

can you sign in on xbox one account through your smartphone and use apps like sling tv?

idk I only ever wanted them for halo but it was never enough to make me want to get one
why are they not properly ordered by release date in the pic

its kind of infuriating because literally all they had to do was move the original 360 inbetween the og xbox and 360 s

Jesus, that's terrible. Did they just not figure out how it was supposed to work or something? How did they fuck up something where all they had to do was look at the original rendition?

Pretty much this.
360 was decent all-around, OG had some nice lesser-known exclusives and decent online, XB1 is just all-around crap.

Download the Xbox app. With beta you can even customize gamerpics.

The original and 360 were decent and had reasons to be owned but the new Xbox One consoles are catatrophically bad. Microsoft is on par with EA as being one of the most destructive companies to gaming and that deters me more than the fact that Xbox has no games now.

Xbox console doesn't have a reason to exist, every other console fills a niche or need with either games or unique hardware the Xbox simply doesn't do anything unique and nor dose it have games since ''the play all your games on PC initative''.

The fact that nobody cares enough to even reply to this thread tells you how irrelevant the Xbox has become and how much of a failure the console and brand is.

I wouldnt touch one with a ten foot pole

Love my modded OG the most.
360 was fun as fuck during early 20s.
Literally cannot find a reason to own a bone.

can you watch hbo go or sling tv on your phone using the xbox app?

OG xbox and 360 was absolutely great. All the games and fun memories. Xbone however, feels like a regrettable purchase. Especially since i bought a PC not so long ago.

No idea man. The sad part is the gameplay is still the same and Halo 2 Anniversary looks amazing. Hell even Halo 3 looks great and it didn't even get an update.

It's just they completely fumbled the presentation and customization

Aside from the sizes, I enjoeyd the original xbox and the slim xbox 360. But I hardly ever used them sans for niche things because I refuse to pay for Xbox Live, its the biggest scam ever. Why pay to use the internet you already pay for. Fuck off with that, that's why I only really game online for PC. I can't believe millions of idiots fall for this daily

First Xbox was a rocky start, but got better with Xbox Lives and better support later on. Being able to play a lot of PC games on it at the time was great, even if the actual exclusives for the OG Xbox are limited.

360 was my console of choice last gen for multiplats (at least until the end) and I feel like they had a handle on things for the first half. However, after they started to do the Kinect and slip on their library, I started to use them less and less and started to use my PC more (Also helped that PC games had started to unify features more later on and was less of a clusterfuck with multiplat stuff).

Xbone was a fuck up from the start (Everything from the E3 reveal, the forced Kinect at the beginning, the smug and shitty attitude they had to their consumers) and I feel like Microsoft has stumbled harder then Sony did with the PS3. Their exclusives are either cancelled, come out in shit shape, or ported over to other things/PC, and many of them are not worth playing. To give you a idea: I played my PS4, PC, and Switch a ton this year, but my Xbone has been sitting nearly 2 years and I have barely played it.

I probably won't get another Xbox console next gen unless they impress me and fix their exclusives issue, which I doubt will happen (That, or Sony fucks up the PS5 tremendously).

The idea of a US developed console is nice considering they are the largest consumers of console games.

The original had the misfortune of coming out along side the PS2.
It was bulky and had strange bulky controllers with a white button and black button.
It was their first foray into the world of console gaming with their "DirectX Box".

The 360 was a great happy medium between the glorified blu-ray player and the waggle shit that won 7th gen.

The Xbone however was one of the biggest fuck-ups in the history of home consoles.
>Tried to fight back against resale and only ended up dissuading potential customers and alienating people with shit internet connections
>Bundled their system with their shitty glorified eye-toy peripheral driving up the cost of the system for over or close to a year.
>Eventually removing exclusivity, the cornerstone of buying a home console

The xXBoneVegeta420VapeItXx is going to be the most powerful console and that is very neat.
But as far as I know
>You're still paying for online multiplayer when you shouldn't have to.
>You can't pirate games before you buy them to make sure you aren't being No Mans Sky'd.
>You can't take advantage of steam sales
>Backwards compatibility will not be as robust as people would like
But most importantly
>It will still have fuck-all for exclusives

I like the controllers.

>HUEG

Aside from introducing the terminal cancer of holding online hostage behind a something-for-nothing paywall via LiveGold, not otherwise particularly bad but not particularly interesting other than M$ jumping into the console market.

>Xbrick

Red Ring of Go Fuck Yourself; completely inexcusable hardware failure rate. Two generations of M$ printing money finally inspired both Sony and Nintendo to join the kike parade in the next generation so fuck the xbrick twice.

Truly a shame too; if you could go back in time correct the RRoD issues early in production and undue the damage done to the industry by the Live kikery the Xbrick would have easily been the best console of its generation without question.

>Xbone

Continuing anti-consumer trends and blatant open contempt for the market that makes their business possible in the fucking first place; the sad fact that it has a nonzero sales count is reflective of the spinelessness of normies and particularly of gamers who should know better. Maybe they were right to think so little of their market, clearly it deserves every ounce of deep fried shit they get hurled its way and if there is money to be gobbled up in the process of flinging said shit then who can really blame them?

>xXx_Bone_xXx

See above, but now also with a push for graphical power that is meaningless without both framerate to fully appreciate it or games to play regardless of both framerate and resolution. Pushes 4k like the PS4Pro but neither delivers on it so what's the fucking point?

The og xbox was such a great system.

360 is great if you have JTAG/RGH.

360 easily won last gen

Classic>360>One
Microsoft continues to go down the toilet. The company really went to shit after Gates retired

Hate em. Honestly. Only game on all 3 I ever cared about was Lost Odyssey, and I played it, thought it was excellent, but not worth buying a 360 over.

Playstation will always be better though. There's a reason Sony has won all 4 gens they've been apart of in terms of games.

ps3 objectively lost 7th gen no matter how you look at it.

Can someone lay out the pros and con on this console to me objectively.

Specs, hardware, exclusives, why someone would want to buy one.

And i'm not looking for an endless sonyshill thread, just an honest take on the console. Anyone had one, experiences, relative to PC gaming?

I haven't had a console since 2009, so I'm out of the loop and tempted to try the next gen with some extra cash I have, also as a media player.

OG and 360 are ok but I've lost all respect for the brand now

God of War III
The Last of Us
Both Infamous games + Festival of Blood
Uncharted 1-3 (tho 1 is kinda weak)
Ni No Kuni
Catherine
MGS4
3D Dot Game Heroes
Journey if that's your thing
Heavy Rain
Drakengard 3
Tales of games
Valkyria Chronicles
Siren Blood Curse
The Last of Us
and of course: Demon's Souls.
These are literally games just off the top of my head. I'm sure I'm missing some.
360 had Lost Odyssey and uh, uh.. oh yeah! NOTHING

They actually ended up with more sales than the 360

Didn't mean to list Last of Us twice, my bad.

The Xbox was a cool console. It was interesting and had plenty of great games to play, and the beginning of Xbox Live was a great experience.

The 360 was a great successor and adding achievements was the best marketing move they could do. Just about every multiplat game was better played on 360 compared to the PS3, and they killed it with the controller design.

The Xbox One destroyed everything and there's literally no point in owning one unless you absolutely need to play Halo, Forza or Gears of War. The merge they are doing with Xbox and Windows Games is basically their last desperate attempt to stay relevant in the gaming scene, because PS4 did everything better this time, and PC gaming in general is becoming more mainstream, so it's hard to justify buying an Xbox One at this point. Xbox Live also has the worst online community next to LoL.

prove it.

Consoles work the same now as they always have; follow the games that you want.

all shitty cinematic games lel ps3 has no gaems

>Demon's Souls and 3D Dot Game Heroes are cinematic
Oh child.

Xbox is comfy, but it has >nogames, just like the ps4,or switch. Multiplats are multiplats.

The S is pretty decent for being a cheap 4k blurry player, if that's your thing.
Controller is very nice too.
Its multimedia accessibility is pretty solid, if you're not down to use a laptop to hdmi. Live still remains better than +, but PS+ is getting better.
Community features are pretty good on the games that do have multiplayer stuff. the party/gamefinder system is really nice.

I'd not really recommend one, but I wouldn't dissuade you from getting one either.

lol 2 games wow

I'm trying to find a reason to like them but apart from the 360's backwards compatibility and generally better performance over the ps3 there is no competing with that generation's playstation console

None of those games are any fun and I don't care about souls games. Cinematic shit and generic anime shit.
The only good games were the infamous games. cathrine is on the 360 and bc for the xbone.

He said those were just some games off the top of his head

no
gaems

fpbp

THATS NOT HOW YOU DISPLAY AN OG XBOX