Doomguy is looking pretty good in quake champions

doomguy is looking pretty good in quake champions

Putting the two side-by-side really emphasizes just how fucking UGLY the Praetor suit is

What were they thinking?

doomguy always looks best with bare arms and gloves

>Halo vs Halo 5

>no John! you are the demons!

Arena > Classic > Praetor > Marine

Ripped models when?

>Arena > Classic

Praetor suit looks fucking awesome.

I enjoy Arena's helmet more.

If it wasn't for the helmet, Classic would rule the aesthetics.

I concur to some degree

>TFC Vs TF2

It's funny because both of those outfits are in Champions.

Bethesda is actually giving doom players a lot of fan service in QC and it's great.

Right now lore skins (origin skins like doom 1 doomguy) aren't mixable and matchable, but the rest are. You can mix and match torsos/heads/legs.

Doom64guy and Heavy Metal Doomguy when?

It's amazing how they made the Doom 3 armor not look fucktarded.

stop posting this
i will have to buy the game if you don't stop

Praetor suit looks like shit, it's too damn busy

heey that's pretty good

Yeah because how the fuck else are they gonna get people to play their game, with Orbb? You'll notice that the other new hero is also pandering (Blazko)

The fact they got Doomguy's face right is amazing.

BONES FUCKING WHEN?

I wonder if he makes these faces during a match.

It's unfortunate that Doomguy and BJ are low tier champions

Their active abilities are shit

they NEED to add the first one and the last one

Doom's is alright for closed in hallways.

Now if he can heal from killing, it would be a lot better.

Don't talk shit on Orbb.
They're just using all the characters that Bethesda owns. We'll probably get some meme fallout character like Vault Boy or Brotherhood of Steel.

Sorlag on the other hand, her ult is the most OP shit in the game right now. Her and Anarki are gonna get the nerf stick soon.

It's not perfect, but still better than those half assed recreations, that made him look like an ogre.

not really.
it looks like generic sculpted power armour that's completely interchangeable with the generic sculpted power armour from a hundred other games.
it's just a mess of greebly bullshit and random panels

the story aspect was also dumb as hell. they obviously knew the old armour wouldn't directly translate and went overboard trying to update it in ways that didn't add anything of value.

doomguy doesn't need special armour to explain his hardcoreitude, he just has naturally huge guts. all other space marines are pussies. that's enough

>can't take praetor suit's helmet off
Why try to keep his face a secret? We already know what it looks like.

Also that classic Doomguy face is perfect.

I doubt we'll get a non-id software character. Also if the leaks are real then Orbb and a few other Q3 characters are confirmed as well as Commander Keen and no Bethesda characters.

It just looks like a modern looking doomguy arena outfit, and that's exactly what the D44M is supposed to be.

>D44Mguy has the exact same eyebrow scar as me except on his right eyebrow

>Neck is as wide as his head
He's perfect

The more you go to the right, the worse it gets

I just think it's cool that they included all of the different Doom Guy armors, desu

It's a nice touch

I still want Douk, Lo Wang and Sam to appear

That's not all of them, though. Doom 64 is missing.

does BJ have variations like this?

they really nailed the face, wew
is quack champions free to play

I could honestly see Duke becoming playable, considering how hard Randy is trying to keep him relevant by shoving him into random games like Bulletstorm.

neat
fixed your image for you, since that's the case

Free to play on Beth client, but you don't get all the champions right away (However, you get a new one every 3 or so matches).

Steam paid version gets all the champions for free.

you have the exact same scar as me except on your left eyebrow

free to play or $30 smite style "all current and future champions are unlocked"

f2p mode is delayed a bit but if you were in the bethesda launcher beta for quake champions you're still in on there. $30 pack is up on Steam though.

The main complaint I have with the f2p mode is you can't get champions permanently unless you find them in a loot box, only rentals. But considering this is one of the biggest complaints I assume they'll just make champions cost a shitload of grindable currency.

BJ's options include:
>shirtless
>TNO outfit
>TNO outfit without jacket
>military uniform
Not much fanservice outside the shirtless option, honestly.

bummer. I was kinda hoping for his new body leather jacket from the new game.

Yeah but is he viable though? His ability seems meh compared to the other champions.

Why not post the best fan made set?

i'll probably give the free to play thing a try once that's live and available and switch to the paid thing if i happen to like it
thanks anons

Only in open areas. Chokepoints are fine for him.

Wolf2009 is strangely missing even though his bio in QC is directly related to that game specifically.

BJ is really fond of those pants.

It will probably be added when the new game releases. Ranger still gets new outfits every once in a while.

>modern
That's the problem
Complicated =/ Cool but everyone seems to think otherwise
The best armors are designed with form and function in mind rather than adding random shit for the sake of it
There are unnecessary lines and plating everywhere and it becomes a confusing, unfocused mess, I'd say more but most of my feelings are covered in Check out pic related, it's simple, has a focus, keeps it fresh while still being true to the original, and most importantly, isn't a chore to look at
It might not be perfect, but it's a start, and certainly 100x better than whatever the Praetor suit is

Yeah thats obvious but I mean why would you ever pick Doom Marine over Nyx or the lizard fuck, I forget his name right now.

His ability just seems super subpar in a game where youre 90% at range it makes almost no sense.

Arena > Classic > Marine > Praetor

Isn't his grey shirt supposed to be how he looks in Wolfenstein 3D

You can see in his default (TNO) outfit that he's wearing the same pants and shirt under his jacket. No reason he'd wear some nazi prison rags casually.

Praetor Suit isnt complicated. The issue I have with the 'remix' of the original is that the original suit doesnt look like it can handle a harsh environment with his arms exposed and him wearing basically army fatigues with a bit of padding.

I mean its fine for the power fantasy, which is what the series is, but I just like the Praetor suit more because it looks like it can take a beating.

>Blackowitz

Wolf 3D is the shirtless.
The torn grey shirt is TNO

>Wolf 3D is the shirtless
Only boxart BJ. In-game he looks like

Probably because if they kept the face the same, it'd literally be BJ's face tweaked up somewhat.

Is the game actually good?

ye

It's quake with a class/hero system. Check out some youtubes to see if the hero shit is a good thing or a bad thing for you.

Also right now it sends some metrics/devshit data every frame, so if you play 120hz/144hz then you might have some weird data issues for now. I assume they'll turn that shit off once they got netcode in a good place

>Doomguy with a Strogg tattoo

u wot m8?

the artist probably was working off of Quake 2 motifs rather than thinking he was literally meant to be Doomguy
then again, if Doomguy got briefly detained on Stroggos, the amount of slaughter that'd ensue would be even greater than Bitterman and Kane combined

What does Doomguy look like, when he has the classic face and does his intro, where he punches the camera?
Does his face move?

The idea that he'd tattoo the symbol of the ayys/slipgate jockeys that killed so much of humanity is bizarre though

Would be like BJ with a swastika tattoo

I imagine less that he did it himself and more like he maybe dropped out of a wormhole, got dragged to a stroggification center and got marked before he broke out of there.

Isn't QC the first time Doom Guy has been officially been referred to as "Doom Guy"?

Doomguy getting Stroggified is a horrifying thought.

I thought that already happened in Tony Hawk Pro Skater 3.

doomguy is CUTE

These models look like amiibo toys, couldn't look any more plastic looking if they tried

>can put Doom 3 head onto Praetor suit
>can't put Classic head onto Praetor suit

Yeah, bare arms looks way tougher. If doomguy is the most hardcore vidya protagonist then he doesn't need some enormous fucking crab-shell armor with those fat fucking legs. He doesn't need to be covered in generic padding.