Was anyone old enough to browse Sup Forums when OoT came out?

What was the gaming scene like back then?

The Usenet screencaps don't really go through 1998.

Other urls found in this thread:

web.archive.org/web/20040203181323/internal.tbi.net/~max/zelda64.htm
archive.org/details/THEINTERNETOnApril4th1998
web.archive.org/web/20040301154823if_/http://internal.tbi.net:80/~max/zwwrevew.htm
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Sup Forums didn't exist in 1998, dipshit lmao

yeah totally : ^ )

It was called Nsider forums dunce.

web.archive.org/web/20040203181323/internal.tbi.net/~max/zelda64.htm

Shame the original site's gone now.

See you in 16 years, kiddo.

archive.org/details/THEINTERNETOnApril4th1998

I remember playing shit like Battletanx and Banjo Kazooie. Didn't use the internet for much more then cheat codes.

I didn't have internet access at the time, but at 13 years old I was certainly into following games before release.

Back then you'd wait all month for the next slate of monthly magazines and a couple of new screenshots and pieces of key art. And it was the greatest way to get hyped because 95% of the game was purely what your imagination created.

well user, if you must know:

everyone would gush about metal gear solid; it came out the same year, While I would tell them they were all idiots; Zelda was clearly the better game. Any idiot could u see that.

damn this is nostalgic

Well, Sup Forums didn't exist in 1998, but I was on the Internet back then.

Though my perception is a bit skewed because I was a hardcore Nintendo fanboy at the time who only used N64 chatrooms on AOL.

what was Sup Forums like in 1998?

Does anyone else remember HTLOZ?

I was a stupid kid so I didn't realize how blatantly false the "It's Real It's Real" section was. I mean, I figured it was fake, but it didn't occur to me how comically fake it was until later.

fuck off grandpa

I know right. I did get a PC in 2001 with MSN dail up. I missed most of the 90s internet but the early 2000s b.net MSN gaming zone geocties sites Newgrounds and weeb shit was great.

>NINTENDO WON HAHAHAAHAHAHA
>Still a forgetable childs toy

there.

I'm 28.

I'm not THAT old, am I?

Imagine people unironically saying 3D games are a fad.
A lot of use of the word "dude".
There you go.

But seriously it was a lot of
>OoT is the best game ever made
between an orchestra of
>FF7 is the best game ever made

>tfw if I had an internet connection at the time if be saying that OoT was a disappointing departure for the series

I miss all those shitty angelfire Zelda fansites with Zelda 1 and 2 piano MIDIs blaring on all pages

>Imagine people unironically saying 3D games are a fad.

What sort of retards were you talking to?

3d games were blowing my mind back then.

>Majora Mask quicktime clips

shit I still have the CDs with these clips on it, it was so weird seeing the beta footage

You mean "ironically." I know it's counter-intuitive in your sentence since we're speaking of the past, but there's no way someone can say something unironically. It's ironic because they expected it to fail and yet their era died instead. THAT's what the word irony is for. To convey all that without having to say it.

STOP IRONICALLY SAYING "UNIRONICALLY."

Must be a bad feel to be wrong for 18 years and counting.

The other day I had to explain to a kid what was up with the Link vs Cloud rivalry. He also didn't understand why Cloud being in smash was such a big deal.

Fucking millenials.

OoTrannies are almost as bad as NVBs. You all just need to go back.

Nice

web.archive.org/web/20040301154823if_/http://internal.tbi.net:80/~max/zwwrevew.htm

Damn, things really looked like shit back then, this brings back memories, yet I have a smile on my face. I'm getting old...

The internet was a better time back then because normies stuck to their yahoo chats.

It's rare to see comic sans being used correctly, even though it still looks like shit.

It was a simple but good time. Remember how hype shit like DBZ was. All the UNDER THE TRUCK AND YOU'LL FIND MEW MY DAD WORKS AT NINTENDO. Bullshit.