Xbox One S

Can someone lay out the pros and con on this console to me objectively.

Specs, hardware, exclusives, why someone would want to buy one.

And i'm not looking for an endless sonyshill thread, just an honest take on the console. Anyone had one, experiences, relative to PC gaming?

I haven't had a console since 2009, so I'm out of the loop and tempted to try the next gen with some extra cash I have, also as a media player.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Satya_Nadella
twitter.com/AnonBabble

I really like the interface on it versus the PS4. Looks cleaner

The only thing that PS4 does better than xbone is the fucking interactive backgrounds, if xbox can get them i swear this would so much fucking easy.

But what exclusives or features does the xbox one S bring compared to the PS4K to warrant choice of one over the other?

i traded in my xbox one for a switch. you figure it out

well its only some small shit that actually improves in both consoles, if you really want to decided you go for the exclusives and the service both of them offer you, you think PS Plus is better than Xbox Live Gold, which one is better? PS Plus gives you free games and access to some betas and multiplayer while Xbox Live Gold gives you the same and some other Microsoft services like Groove and shit, you decided.

>why someone would want to buy one.
if I didn't have a PC Id get one over a PS4,but I also don't care for JRPGs

if you like multiplayer games get an Xbone,if you like singleplayer games get a PS4

why would you get one over the PS4?

Pros: 4k blu ray
Cons: No games

not much more to it.

Game pass, back compat, best controller ever made.

>Cons: no games.
At least the Xbox One X will fix that. Hopefully.

>why someone would want to buy one.
Because they're retarded
>Anyone had one, experiences, relative to PC gaming?
I have one, if you like playing your games at 720p - 900p with low-medium visual settings at 30fps (with drops), it's great.

If you're going to get a console, it's never going to compete with a gaming PC. At least the other two current gen consoles have games you can't get on PC.

Why doesn't Microsoft just release a line up of new first party games? That would make a huge push for them:

>Halo CE or whatever remade for the Xbox One X
>New Fables
>New Forza
>New Gears of War
>Scalebound---fuck

>Why doesn't Microsoft just release a line up of new first party games?
It costs money and there's risk involved. There's a lot less risk to selling an AMD funded console upgrade and patching a few old games.

>Why doesn't Microsoft just release a line up of new first party games?
Why doesn't Microsoft just start tossing out random ass games like they did with the OG? Why don't they take chances anymore? Not like they don't have the bank for it, because most of the OG 'Box games like Blinx and Voodoo Vince and Otogi and Phantom Dust and Sudeki, most of them sold like absolute shit but were actually great.

>SMT Nine

Wasn't the original Xbox intentionally produced with the first hand knowledge from Microsoft that they knew they would take a beating but wanted to simply establish a foothold in the video game industry? So what's preventing them from just taking that chance against with games for its successors?

>So what's preventing them from just taking that chance against with games for its successors?
The fact that the board and Microsoft's new CEO are tired of the company losing billions in the console business trying to "establish a foothold"

I like Gears,SSOD and Forza,backwards compatibility is a plus aswell, XBL>PSN,I like the Xbone controller more,but thats asymmetrical v symmetrical thing

I'm sticking with my base Xbox One and base PS4 (C-Chassis model). See no point in upgrading.

And is a lot more responsive. PS4 dashboard is a fucking laggy piece of shit

They really need to shake things up. I love Halo and Gears as much as the next person but a little variety would be great. I wonder just how many new game titles they reject off the muscle based on how they 'think' it might do....

Xbox has a better LFG and club systems now. PS4 has substantially more 1st and 3rd party support. Xbox has a better controller options if you splurge on the elite. Ps4 has VR. Xbox has a slightly better store. PS4 has.... I don't know I've run out of things to compare. Its a wash for me I have both but I've been on Xbox since HUEG so I play it most. PS4 is my first Sony console.

Who is Microsoft actual CEO?

The start of the generation was decent in that regard, Sunset Overdrive reminds me of something we might have seen on the original Xbox. Wish MS had stayed the course instead of retreating once they realized Sony was going to defeat them this gen.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Satya_Nadella

He wants MS to be platform agnostic supporting Android, iOS, and Windows. He'd rather sell cloud services that dedicated hardware, which is why he doesn't like the Xbox division.

>PS4 is my first Sony console.
PS4 Pro is mine, only bought it for HZD (once they cancelled Scalebound) and Bloodborne. Still mostly play my One S, though.

This fucking Poo in the Loo, we need someone that actually likes Xbox to take control, fk this shit.

ps4 also has games

>instead of making Fable 4 they try making a moba but that failed before it came out
>and now fable has their own card game

They should really try and revive Fable and make it fucking comfy like Fable 2 and Fable 3 towns were.

Yea but at the same time Phil and the gang just keep making misstep after misstep. Cancelling games that were to be a pillar franchise. Chaining dev teams to one franchise even though the returns continue to diminish. Pushing hard for games as a service. Not being able to woo jap devs into porting things over. I dont know how they can change their image. Going with this "most powerful" is only gonna sound good to the diehard base over on reddit. Set 343 and the Coalition free to do something else. Keep pushing original ideas and new ip regardless of sales to draw more people in. Sunset Overdrive, Recore, Quantum Break(not really their fault Remedy does what they want), Ryse, D4 could all be killer apps with a little more thought and TLC put into them. But now they want you to buy into Netflix for games and microtransactons to turn a profit. And if they announce one more stupid controller design I'm not gonna do anything but duxk that wasted money. And if they redesign the dashboard one more time, still not gonna do anything but maybe give another shitty response to the feedback requests I get for being in the preview program. Cbox has yheir head up their asses trying to provide too many quality if life improvements to the console instead of paying people to make games. Fuck CupHead I want Ryse 2 with deeper combat. You cabe even keep it 900p it was still pretty gorgeous.

I have a base Xbox and a PS4 which is the non-glossy model from 2015. Is upgrading worth it? I have no desire to get a 4K TV and am just fine with 720p and 1080p screens.

If you care about FPS boosts in some games.

If I get close to 30 on a steady basis then I'm fine

The only reason to own an XB1S is if you want to play 4k Blueray movies.

Super Lucky's Take and Cuphead look good, but they aren't really doing justice advertising Cuphead

And I'm scared Lucky will be mediocre like Yooka Laylee