Why wasn't she as memorable as other Final Fantasy women like Tifa or Yuna?

Why wasn't she as memorable as other Final Fantasy women like Tifa or Yuna?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/htnkOpknGok
youtube.com/watch?v=N76HzxyPdjo
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

She was barely in the plot

That's because she was one of the main characters in the movie.

Because you never interact with her directly and she's only in a few cut scenes

Because they gave her down-syndrome, as well as a bad case of bland personality, forced stronk womyn traits, 0 screen-time and 0 romance with main-character, despite being the love interest.

Because she's white as fuck

No screentime.
No personality.
She was basically a plot device, not a character.

What movie?

She was 100% unlikable in the movie

Kingsgaive

The entire plot was to rescue her.

youtu.be/htnkOpknGok

she wasn't Stella

STELLLLAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

0 screen time, if kingsglaive didn't exist she wouldn't even be a character

You're forgetting two or three girls from FFVIII who are pretty memorable.

>Barely in it
>When she was in it she didn't do anything but walk around and pray
>The game just told Noctis/the player to love her without giving anything to love her for
>Better waifus like Iris and Cidney exist and get a lot more screentime
>Realistic design means she's not as memorable as the more anime looking characters Final Fantasy tends to have

>like Tifa or Yuna?
Tifa and yuna actually having a presence in their games sure helped

You could've stopped this, user...

Since when the fuck was there a movie?
Was this why there was no explanation of any of the plot in the entire first half of the game? Was I supposed to have seen the movie? Was I supposed to know there was a movie? Does the game tell you there's a movie and I just missed it somewhere?

Most of the game was just Noctis trying to meet up with her and when you do reach her, she dies. They wasted such a qt design with top tier footpussy. They should have at least made her a temporary party member so we could get some photos with her.

I like how none of these were the final model, but the final model was still worse.

They reuse cut scenes from the movie like when the empire invades Insomnia and how the king dies.

What kind of bonehead thought it was a good idea to have Noctis and the bros away from the action when Insomnia was invaded? Nearly every trailer had them in the thick in the action when shit went down.

Because you had to buy a game, buy a movie, watch a tv series, read a comic book, mindread the gamedevs, and roll bones just to figure out who the fuck she is

Who is she ? Is it the mechanic ?

The original intro of the game was cut and was remade into the movie.

She was. I still yearn to be with her but it will never be so. Best female. Actually felt something.

>What kind of bonehead

oh shes memorable alright in my ntr doujin

I never got any cutscenes of that stuff though?
Pretty sure all I got of the empire invading Insomnia was the boy band looking sad in a motel at a newspaper and then we drove there and the place was crawling with empire soldiers.

This is the only part of the movie when they appear I shit you not. It's after the credits btw.

youtube.com/watch?v=N76HzxyPdjo

I'm playing the game now. When Noctis has a random CGI nightmare at around chapter 7/8 I think it is, is that stuff cut from the movie as well? Or a trailer for the game?
It felt really out of place.

She never said any line not having to do with her duty and Noctis so she seemed very robotic.

Did you play the game before the first update? Because that's when they added it.

Various bug fixes
New items and cutscenes
Cutscene adjustments
Deeper combat, driving and other game mechanics
Saved games must be updated to work with the current version of the game.
Current version saves will not work with the former version of the game.

>and roll bones
Fuck me that's funny

Movie came out a few months before the game
There's also a short anime providing character backstory for the main party.

She has 5 minutes of screentime what the fuck do you think?

It's from the Omen trailer that has nothing to do with the game other than character models. I have no fucking clue why it's in the game.

Tabortion

I WANT NEWS ON THE MP DLC

Yeah, I played through it as soon as it launched.
Was so disappointed and disgusted with the second half of it I never bothered playing again after finishing it, even sandboxing around seemed tainted by that shitty second half.
Wait, you're telling me they not only put half the plot in a movie and never bothered to actually tell the player there was a movie, but they also didn't add story critical cutscenes until the first fucking patch? How the fuck was I supposed to know there was a movie? How the fuck was I supposed to know what was going on? What the actual fuck drugs were these devs on?

>split up a games story between the game, a full length CG movie, a 5 episode anime, a side-scrolling indie-is spin off and numerous post-production DLCs

Reminder that she apparently walked all the way from Insomnia to Leide across a long ass bridge filled with dirty refugees, all while wearing highheels, changing clothes, not getting noticed by nifs or commoners and not getting raped.

thanks for beta testing. not that it helped, the game is still shit a year later.

She's royalty I'm sure she had help.

>Have characters randomly fuck off during the main plot so you can sell their story as DLC later

Same here. After I finished the story, I continued playing just long enough to tackle Costlemark Tower and complete the Armiger. Then the path to the final part of the dungeon glitched. After having to reset to complete Costlemark, I just said "Fuck this" and sold it back to Gamestop.

I wonder why they didn't blow up the bridge

Tifa isn't memorable at all besides tits though. Aeris only because she dies. Yuna, yeah

What did she mean by that?

Tifa had big old titties and was the rebound girl after Aeris lives. Yuna was a huge focus in the story.

Big companies lose touch of what makes videogames videogames and focus on amassing interest and hype to rake in money. What's new?

Most of the spin-offs and extra shit came out before the actual game did. They spent more time and money making things that will hype up idiot fanboys than actually making the main product good.

>Why wasn't she as memorable as other Final Fantasy women like Tifa or Yuna?

she had fuck all of screentime and like 0 interaction with the party.

Her death felt like a cheap attempt to force an emotional reaction from the player.

I WAS SADDER WHEN THIS HAPPENED

Yea, because gamers appreciate good games and buy them en masse without marketing.

Tifa being an active party member for more than 3/4ths of the game also helps.

She didn't. Kingsglaive made it clear that she is a strong independent woman who don't need no man when she refused Libertis' help and is seen walking among refugees alone. Then in the game, the first time you see her entering Leide is alone.

I don't understand the point of your post.

Let's not pretend Yuna was good just because Luna was bad.

Her forced characterization after she died just irritated me. The entire game, she was shown in flashbacks to basically be there to keep Noct focused on his duty, remind him of the importance of it all, etc. It didn't even seem like they were friends, she was just there to prevent his mind from wandering.
Then after she dies, some literal who midget lady and some fucking kid come up to you and are like OH BY THE WAY SHE REALLY LOVED YOU NOCT LOL, FEEL BAD THAT SHE DIED.
And I'm just like nah.
My heart yearned for another anyway.

>Tifa isn't memorable at all
>is a bartender so that's interesting
>punches and suplexes monsters
>called Barret a retard
>threatened to smash a man's balls
>childhood friend = memorable by default
>literally becomes the main character for a while, player takes control of her and everything
>hilarious slap fight
>takes good care of her veggie husbando
She's one of the best heroines in vidya honestly

Because squeenix was so busy erasing stella's existence they forgot to give her replacement a character.

>It didn't even seem like they were friends

it's hard to be friends with someone you haven't seen face to face for like 10 years.

I find it disgusting to read Sup Forums talk about FF because they call the games convoluted then it turns out they have the reading comprehension of 4th graders and miss the majority of characterization etc.

because they forgot to actually give you a real reason to give a shit, aka show dont tell us how much were suppose to like her...

they should have made her a companion atleast for part of it so we could get attached like when ignis loses his vision and how impactful that felt versus

>princess lady"OH NO IVE BEEN STABED BY EVIL VILLAN MAN"

nocthis "NOOOOOOOOOOOOO WHATS UR NAME"

player "lol k who the fuck are u again?"

Well Tifa was only memorable for having big tits, and I guess Yuna is memorable for having two games. But otherwise, because she's barely in the game.

>roll bones

I kekked

They could have done something interesting with that.
An arranged marriage that neither are sure they want because they have no idea what the other person is like since they last saw each other as kids.
Instead they just went with the true love Disney fairytale route.

No I meant during the flashbacks. They didn't seem like friends, she seemed like a mentor to keep him focused.

>player "lol k who the fuck are u again?"

I was like that with Jared. I only found out who Jared was during the car ride in the World of Ruin.

The game didn't center around her.

Every blonde looks the same

lol i dont blame u wasnt jared that old dude that they killed or something so they could point and say "LOOK AT DAT EVIL EMPIRE KILLIN THAT ONE KIDS UMM..... what is he like ur dad or grandpa or sumthin.... who the fuck cares"

>not even a playable character which your two examples are
>rarely had interactions with main cast or memorable interactions at all in game
>most of her important shit was in a movie or an anime
>plain plot device at this point with no hiding it
>barely appeared for a majority of the playtime before and after death, especically with nature of open world
Iris, Shiva and Aranea at least were in the gameplay and had more intereaction with the cast.
Hell fucking Cidney's a NPC and she is more noticable.
She has a nice bod though, SFM shit or another doujin when?

>Noctis
>Gladiolus
>Lunafreya
>Prompto
>Ignis
>Ardyn
>Cor
>Jared

One of these things is not like the other

Jared was that old fart NPC that had like 5 minutes of screentime before dying off screen

How can people like Tifa?
It's literally their dick speaking

>is a bartender so that's interesting
How is that interesting?

>punches and suplexes monsters
So being a monk instead of a white mage as she would normally be made her interesting. I get it.

>called Barret a retard
>threatened to smash a man's balls
Both instances seemed OOC compared to every other moment where she acts as the pure demure waif.

>childhood friend = memorable by default
Childhood friend love interests are worst girls by default you mean.

>literally becomes the main character for a while, player takes control of her and everything
During which she mostly thinks about Cloud and then whines about Cloud.

>hilarious slap fight
Which doesn't make sense since she's supposed to be a monk.

>takes good care of her veggie husbando
Of course, like a good waifubait.

>She's one of the best heroines in vidya honestly
She's not even the best in her own series, arguably even her own game.

Tifa is a very likable character. Feel free to summarize your character,

Is XV-kun here?

>Final Fantasy XVI is announced
>Creative director: Hajime Tabata

Huh yeah.. her 10 lines of dialogue sure do show a lot about her character
Oh you like her in the extended universe?
*Tifa swoops in from nowhere to save children then disappears*
Wow what a great character..

I got something better

>Final Fantasy XVI is announced
>Creative director: Yoko Taro

FF7R is FF16. Just saying.

I think you might be stupid I'm not entirely sure though.

No way SE lets taro touch FF
They had to tone down all the darker elements from versus for xv

Not yet

Hire all of them. This games clown, the guy with roses for his digital waifu, and that guy who 4.0'd their next mmo.

Literally the only interaction they have in the game is a glare at eachother and some emotional cutscene where she's already dead anyways

Huh... Yeah maybe I'm just not thinking with my DICK for once.
I like characters for their personality not their slutty ass design dumbass bitch

>People will defend this

>I like characters for their personality

Luna had a personality?

Tifa has a decent character arc though. Certainly the best out of the FF7 girls anyway.

>Insomnia gets fucking rekd
>the party gives no fucks and Noctis pouts for one scene about his dad
>no talk of revenge, just fulfill some sort of destiny
>meet Jared for a day
>Jared dies
>whole party is distraught more than they've ever been
>while passing by an enemy base the party decides to fuck them up for Jared
>for fucking Jared
Garbage game

Too Westernized. Square Enix's games get worst the more they try to pander to Americans.

The most successful Japanese games are those that don't give a fuck about America and only care about the Japanese audience.

Never said I liked Luna lol she's just another slut ass bitch I don't give a fuck about lol
I'm talking about Noct baby

There are only 3 ff7 girls though..

God bless that Ferarri fellow, made good girls.
Maybe mods will fix it?

>You will never gently bite onto that inner thigh as she wraps her legs around your neck and snaps you dead.

>FFXVI is a crossover game with Cloud, Lightning, Noctis and the players OC MMO character teaming up

I don't get why they did this when they have a character like Cindy in the game with her bum hanging out of her shorts and tan-lines.

No, you can tell who he is by how he responds to 3-4 people per post and brushes off all criticism of the story by saying "You just didn't get it", along with calling everybody KH kun and FFXIII kun.

Ok. And she's the best of them in terms of character and development.

Can't be helped
>Tifa remake won't have breast physics