BLACK MANTIS TRAILER IS OUT

WHOS GETTING HIM?

youtube.com/watch?v=zseKwMNAM54

WE

WUZ

he fakes having autism just to beat up Aquaman

/ourguy/

>Black Mantis

What the fuck is his actual problem with Aquaman?

his father was raped by actual butt pirates, Aquaman didn't save him

BASED

HYPE

LITERALLY Sup Forums as a DC villain

(read: autistic screeeeeeching intensifies)

BLACK

I thought someone on Sup Forums said he later revealed he didn't really care about that or something.

that outro is amazing.

that was his original motivation, now he just fucking hates Aquaman. He even held a normal life working in a fish market for awhile until he heard Aquaman was still alive so he went back

Did he kill the sea?

aTlaNtinZ

I thought aqua man killed his dad so he killed his

looks more like a cockroach desu

He doesn't have one. The meta fact that no motivation sticks is part of his characterization at this point, he's just trying to find ways to justify his hateboner

I'm surprised Sportsmaster isn't in Injustice. He would be perfect for this game. They could basically just copy the Young Justice version of him. Would be fun doing the olympic hammer throw do beat the crap outta people.

I like how Black Manta just lies most of the time about his motivations and his plots.
He's driven by just hate and it's great.

>BLACK MANTIS
Really

But why? Did he just wake up one morning and decide that he really fucking hates Aquaman?

We need more Aryan super heroes, there's too many niggers in Injustice.

Someone post the comic where Manta lives a pretty normal life until he hears that Aquaman is alive

He's not faking it. His autism just manifests itself as pure hate.

Black Manta hates Aquaman like Reverse Flash hates the Flash

He has autism.Not fucking kidding, that's his actual motivation.

Hes a cool character

Yes. I'm not fucking kidding. He has legit autism.

>The boy who would become Black Manta was an autistic youth who grew up in Baltimore, Maryland, and loved to play by the sea. As a youth he was kidnapped and forced to work on a ship for an unspecified amount of time. At one point he apparently saw Aquaman with his dolphin friends and tried to signal him for help but was not seen. Finally, he was forced to defend himself, killing one of his tormentors on the ship with a knife. Hating the emotionless sea (and Aquaman, who he saw as its representative), the boy was determined to become its master.

>As an adult, he designed a costume (primarily a black wetsuit with bug-eyed helmet that was able to shoot blasting rays from its eyes) and fashioned a high-tech submersible inspired by black manta rays. Taking the name Black Manta, he and his masked army became a force to be reckoned with, engaging in at least one clash with Aquaman prior to his first appearance as a rival to the Ocean Master. He also joined the short-lived Injustice League.

Didn't he kill everyone in the fish market before leaving?

I thought Reverse Flash did that to make Flash stronger for some odd reason.

Yes

He literally hated Flash for not being good enough or something like that, so he ruined his life to make him a stronger hero, at least that's how he justified what he was doing.

That's Hunter Zolomon

How's the wife and kid?

>read greentext stories
>read the cropped panels
>that awesome intro/outro
This guy seems pretty cool and hilarious. Any recommended readings?

Geoff John's run
Aquaman Rebirth's first arc
Brightest Day (Aquaman parts since Manta's in them)
Death of a Prince

The first Reverse Flash aka Professor Zoom aka Eobard Thawne hates the shit out of Barry Allen because he was a huge Flash fanboy who recreated Flash's accident and learned that in the past he is the Flash's greatest nemesis who the Flash will eventually kill. This pisses off Thawne so he goes back in time and dicks with the Flash as much as history will allow without history throwing a bitchfit and poofing him out of existence
The second Reverse Flash aka Zoom aka Hunter Zolomon (completely unrelated to Thawne) tries to make Wally West a better hero by challenging him and presenting him with hardships

New 52 incarnation
Before New 52, he had no reason
Also, he's over his dad's death but he still hates Aquaman to a ludicrous degree

Delete this

You're thinking of Zolomon. He wanted Flash(Wally West) to get better because he was upset Wally couldn't save him and thought heroes needed tragedy to improve. Thawne hates the Flash(Barry Allen) and will fuck with him till the end of time

Awesome. Thanks user

Zolomon had it hard

Don't forget Forever Evil

It depends on the comic story honestly. For different reasons, both Thawne and Zolomon completely ruined Barry's life. Zolomon thought Barry needed personal tragedy to be a better hero, so with a snap of his fingers he made a shockwave that caused his wife to miscarry, while Thawne literally went back in time and made himself responsible for every other tragedy in Barry's life.

What is it with people hating Barry so much? Is is cuz hes just faster than them? I wonder if Usain Bolt has the same problems lel

Thawne hates Barry. Zolomon fucked with Wally

Not like Usian Bolt will have anyone wanting to beat him in a race now that he suffered tendon damage on his final run.

Thanks, I just realized I mixed the two up. Damn it sucks to be the fastest.

Also
>autists get angry about people being faster than them
>autists love sonic

makes sense kek

IT WAS ME BARRY

>That one time Manta worked with the Suicide Squad and hooked his helmet up to make it look like every person in their way was Aquaman to him, so he could have the joy of killing Aquaman over and over and over again
Literally the best villain DC has.

Holy shit.

That's one of his origin stories but you forgot about the part where he got raped

>that edit

Nothing will ever top Per Degaton. When the JSA fucked up his plans enough he just time traveled to when they died watched it over and over again just for the satisfaction of seeing them die. Then he would go on to taunt them about it. Dude just watched a teenage girl cry after being dumped over and over again. He really is one of the pettiest of all villains.

>mantis

whos more autistic. Reverse or Black manta?

best winning outro of all time.

You got a problem?

He ain't done yet

no, he's a great dc character just like supperman and boatman

>that last panel

Didn't Kang (or some other villain) kill and then revive Superman hundreds of times out of pure spite?

saw it coming, still laughed.

Intro is pretty dope

he has two different variations of his backstory.
>story 1: kidnapped by butt pirates
>story 2: he was an alone autistic orphan obsessed with Aquaman
neither of them matter since he just flat out says how much he doesn't give a shit about his past. He simply hates Aquaman

How is it that Joker and Luthor are DC's biggest when you have petty motherfuckers like reverse flashes and manta? I don't think either of those two have done half the evil petty shit these two have

Autism.

He simply lives to piss off Aquaman. That is what fuels him, pure hate.

Kang's a Marvel villain so I doubt it was him

Reverse has a reason to hate the Flash, and is kind of petty about it.
Manta doesn't have a reason, and can turn the world on its side to fuck over Aquaman just a little.

Reverse for sure, he went back in time to push Barry down stairs and prevent him from catching baseballs. True petty autistic shit. Manta just wants Aquaman dead.

Probably, but there's no kind of dickery like time dickery.

by Geoff John's run do you mean the New 52?

Because characters that are dynamic and interesting in their own right are better than characters that are two-dimensional and serve only as a foil for another character?

Yep
New 52 Manta does have a legit excuse but he's still as spiteful and hateful as usual

There's something oddly fascinating about trying to understand how much he hates aquaman and the reason for that hate.

No, Manta dorsn't want Aquaman dead. He wants all of Aquaman's friends and family dead, to force Aquaman to drink their blood, and then drown him in his own puke afterwards.
Only killing him isn't good enough for Manta.

Luthor once had the chance to become an omnipotent benevolent god, controlling and bringing peace to the universe forever, with the caveat that he stop hating Superman
He said no

Joker and Lex attract writers who want to handle them with nuance.
Hell, plenty of Silver Age/Golden Age villains have evolved in the same way.
Cold's an honorable villain who treats his Rogues like family
Sinestro wants peace and order but feels that it can only be accomplished through fear (yet despite that, he still considers Hal a friend)
Cheetah's recently been given the sympathetic angle lately
It's just that Manta and Reverse Flash never got off their starting points and have stayed as petty assholes

Whoops yeah I don't remember the details but the big bad just killed him over and over again cuz he was mad it was so easy the first time or something

W-what's lesson two?

There was also that time he was handing out superpowers to the populace and then shut them all off while they were in mid-flight because he couldn't give himself powers too

i think his helmet looks dumb

>BLACK MANTITS

The caveat was that he couldn't use his new god powers to harm others

How's the wife and kid, Aquaman?

Where are Cold and Heatwave?

People care more about Batman (and Superman) than everyone else
Simple as that

Well yeah but let's be real here that 100% means dicking with Superman in his case

Black Manta hated Aquaman before it was "cool" or in to do.

He literally has autism and weaponized it like this entire site.

Black Manta is an evil dick and his arch nemesis is a blonde, white king good guy.

But then Aquaman cured his autism and he used the opportunity to suckerpunch him anyways