Russians are bad guys

>Russians are bad guys
>Chinese are bad guys
>Germans are bad guys
>Game has evil British guy
>He'll even at one point in a CoD South America were the bad guys

What games have Americans be the had guys?

PMCs and Corporations don't count.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/TEM5hW6BMJA
telegraph.co.uk/news/2017/08/27/north-korean-firm-releases-hunting-yankee-computer-game/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

real life

America obviously won't make one and Japan is too cucked. Ask North Korea. I'm sure they're convinced they could make the best video game if they tried.

Metal Gear Solid maybe? Many of the bad guys were unofficial arms of otherwise official American outfits, at least until Coldman and Skull Face jumped off the reservation.

Half Life

They already did make a game about this

None, because every time America does something bad everyone else does something way fucking worse.

Didn't North Korea make a game specifically about killing US soldiers ?
'Yankee hunter' or something like that.

American institutions are fairly often portrayed as corrupt in the media. It's not like Americans believe they live in some perfect utopia under an altruistic government.

Just as a random example, you have the Umbrella Corporation in Resident Evil. They're quite hellbent on engineering a fighting force of bio-mutants and taking over the world or some shit.

Why did you post a good guy flag?
Protip: America already has fasces on their heraldry anyway.

Spec Ops the Line did it

>ywn live in a fascist USA and remove kebab and all degeneracy from your nation while expanding into space

Why is life so bad?

Horizon Zero Dawn.

Now that I think about it, how are Norks supposed to play it? It's a smart phone game isn't it I doubt they'd be able to play it due to the incredibly restricted internet access

Half-life 1
Modern Warfare 2

>Umbrella Corporation

Not to say that it invalidates your point, but at least two of Umbrella's founders were British gentry.

cause you killed the good guys

MW2

Every bad US published game has Americans as the bad guys when you think about it.

>British

Right. I was thinking something like that. But isn't the corporation based in the U.S.? All the havoc starts there and then branches out to the rest of the world.

Killzone, except you play as them

>What games have Americans be the had guys?
I would play a vietnam war game where you set traps like in orcs must die.

Actually, yeah. There was some sidestory information about the main villain of 6 being the guy who ordered the nuking of Raccoon City to cover up the American government's being in bed with Umbrella to make bioweapons. But the actual game completely blows over this and just makes the guy obsessed with giving Ada the D-virus.

MGR for sure.
youtu.be/TEM5hW6BMJA

Just like movies and books your more likely to see the things your looking for if you lived in the other place.

You could argue this is the case for Fallout 2/3.

Are they making a game based on Rogue One? The Empire is mostly the US at this point.

Far Cry 5

Are you sure that wasn't something lost in translation? I can't imagine a Japanese developer being that deeply concerned with protecting the reputation of the U.S. government. Localization teams make arbitrary changes to downplay these things as not to offend a larger audience.

telegraph.co.uk/news/2017/08/27/north-korean-firm-releases-hunting-yankee-computer-game/

North Korea's getting rowdy again; can we count on them becoming videogame villains again like they were in the '90s and early-mid '00s?

Wouldn't that just be a battlefront game, then?

I don't think it was a conscious decision so much as it was simply the people writing the story simply forgot in the rush to try to make Simmons a halfway decent replacement for Wesker.

>The 3-D amusement entertainment programme ‘Hunting Yankee’ is a fighting game of shooting and knocking down Yankees with a sniper gun
Someone please tell me where I can download this amusement entertainment programme.

A quick google search shows it's only a few days old. Wait for a Nork to leak it senpai

Don't many FPS games let you pick sides? Belligerents on either side aren't necessarily always portrayed as good or evil.

Unless one side is Japan during WWII. That side was straight evil.

>PMCs and Corporations don't count.
Yes they do, and they are the American bad guys.

But also, every Metal Gear game, every Deus Ex game, and I think that one old Gamecube game Geist.

>People call Call of Duty jingoistic
>US soldier is always some grunt who probably dies
>British soldier usually the one who saves the day
>All the events of Modern Warfare 2 were orchestrated by an American general
>You mow down an entire company of American soldiers in the final level

>Germans are bad guys
Are there any games where Germans are the bad guys but aren't nazis?

>People call Call of Duty jingoistic
jingoism was a UK thing before it was a US thing. it's just a part of anglo hegemony culture my dude.

America is portrayed as the bad guys in every modern game.

Americans are way too individualistic to have them be the bad guys in a game. Even when there's a bad american guy working for what he perceives is the benefit of America and its people, normally he doesn't have the nation's support, and acts of their own will instead.

But the Empire are basically the good guys. No one likes the Alliance

That image'd make a sweet wallpaper if it weren't for ants.

>What game has Americans be the bad guys?

>CNTRL-F
>See Spec Ops

Good shit user

Real life

MGS is literally the only series where America is the bad guy

German-American Nazis are hype. I can't wait for Wolfenstein 2.

This

>PMCs and Corporations don't count.

thats America though

but to answer your question: Fallout 2

There are literally zero times in history where America was in the wrong.

fpbp

the nukes
bay of pigs
jim crowe laws

Overwatch.

>what is the Iraq war?