Absolver Thread

16 hrs and counting, you sure you are prepared to get spawn camped until you turn off pvp?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=IeM2lYV_cDA
youtube.com/watch?v=SKkvXSL6las
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

The game unlocks in 3 hours and 15 minutes.

no?

huh?

looks boring as hell

What the fuck is this game? It looks like dark souls but with more pvp.

playstation people get it earlier.
It's a fighting game with darksoul esque invasions.
youtube.com/watch?v=IeM2lYV_cDA

It's focused on you building your own fighting style and moves. Video is what I link everyone who ask cause it shows off the entire game pretty well.

why do people keep comparing it to dark souls?
it's not really similar at all.

Epic video my reddit bro but do you have one that shows the game?

>why do people keep comparing it to dark souls?
Because it looks like Dark Souls.

in what way? the third person view is about the only similarity i see.

>Devolver
Ya ok where is EITR though?

Honestly pve looks boring as fuck. I'm not dead against the game since I love the idea of deck building and skill learning since it reminds me of the first guild wars, but just trying to watch some streamers or youtube vids puts me to sleep immediately.

In my opinion it's a terribel game to watch. PvE is shit as well, but playing it in proper pvp at max level is hype especially in close games or even shit stomps.

it's a pvp fighting game. the single player is short and only really there to get you used to the combat. you can count it as a negative if you count the single player in street fighter to be a negative i guess.

I hope the GOG community its large enough , apparently theres gonna be crossplay between Steam and GOG but it will be implemented later

>For Honor clone
>worse gameplay
>NO GRAPPLES

it's crap

worse gameplay lmao, for honor is an exploitfest

>someone will seriously reply to this shitbait

i can't tell if it's bait or if people truly believe it. i see the same wrong criticisms in every single absolver thread.

people say it looks like For Honor and Dark Souls, when it doesn't look or play like either. now, whether it's a buggy laggy unbalanced disconnect-fest after launch like For Honor was, that's yet to be seen. i hope it's not because it looks fun. i'm waiting until after launch to see the community reaction and if there's any lag/connection issues before i buy in any case.

Moving on from the bait,

Where are you folks going to get it for? Iirc sony still hates crossplay, so that sucks.

$30 dollars
>$30 dollars

lmaaooo

name one

Steam as it'll be the biggest platform on PC and will make it easier for me to invite my friends that are also getting the game.
PC also has 60fps
PS4 currently only has 30fps but they are hoping to add 60fps to 1v1 ranked in the future

Playing with controller though.

not him but didn't someone just win a $10,000 tournament by exploiting to make attacks unblockable?

>Bought it for $15 on GOG

yes he did, apparently everyone knows about this exploits , even the developers and no one told the tournament organizers to ban the exploits.

Ubisfot jut doesnt give a fuck

but it's free on GOG...

Why do you lie man? what do you get from lying on the internet.

LUL dead platform
untill crossplay comes

Sounds like the best plan, user. Will do the same, then.

drm free...piracy...you know

>can't play until work is over tommorow

being a leaf is the worst fucking thing in the world

Servers are region locked, so if you live in any place besides the U.S. prepare for it to be dead.

can you play online with those extra copioes? dont you need gog galaxy to play online?

Same here user. I'm going to be free to play 6 hours after launch.

no idea, probably not

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

>tfw neet but I can't play until after the gym tomorrow
>it's leg day

Which style will let me be a tae kwon do master?

Thank God, I don't need high ping fags in a game that relies on quick reflexes

>not going to the gym at 6:00 AM

Neets are such scum leeches in society. Better work them legs boi and stretch your backside, cause tomorrow I'm gonna rek em in your rectum in pvp!

It's out now in Australia.

Kinda regret not preordering, hoping the game is as good as it seems it can be.

Is that the game that devs tried unsuccessfully to shill here with slow as combat and "muh hitstun" combos, etc?

I'm a bit miffed that PS4 gets it earlier than PC

It's confirmed to have crossplay

Actually the devs haven't shilled at all, instead opting to let streamers shill for them. The game looks better and more than any current fighter out there though.

>slow combat
this game is definitely not slow
>Hitstun combos
I've yet to see anyone get juggled in the game, the only way that could happen is if you never block, and do nothing but spam attacks. Unless you count the heavy attacks that do stun, but are slow as shit, and can be countered by charge break attacks.

>plan to play the game with an EU friend
>regionlocked

you can still invite them

I think he meant in the sense that matching seems like fight clubs.

Kung-Fu souls looks fun

>Video is what I link everyone who ask cause it shows off the entire game pretty well

Is this ironic? The video only shows how janky and bs the game is

What is this game about and should I get it?

All moves are available to all styles
But windfall for the aesthetic and nature of martial arts of dodge

Looks better than for honor, dark souls, SFV, and Tekken.

Glad to know there is some heavy looking armors, anyone know if you can get it an early spot?

>Its not slow
>See and
Animations look like lagging before and after hitting opponents, like they put a fucking useless slow-mo effect to every single move, even the fucking jumps have that slow thing, holy shit

>mfw I have a D&D game tomorrow.
I'm honestly thinking about skipping it just to play.
First game I've been excited for in a while.

I'm hyped for this game but stop lying. It looks better than for honor and dark souls but not better than actual fighting games.

yeah that video looks like it's taking the piss.

i watched this one and it actually explains how the game works. youtube.com/watch?v=SKkvXSL6las
30m long though. idk how interested you actually are. not sure why a lot of videos barely talk about or show the pvp though. that's like the main aspect of the game.

You're a martial arts master that beats the shit out of other martial arts masters. It's mostly PvP, but there is a open world with AI to fight. They aren't that good though, so it's mainly just used to build your combat deck. As you fight other people, and bots you learn new kung-fu moves. You can then take those move and build combos to fight other people. Like linking kicks, and punches into combos.

yeah that's called impact, your hand will stop if you hit someone you mongoloid

free BECAUSE of GOG is not the same as free ON GOG my dude.

Oh. I don't like fighting games. I guess I'll pass!

What edition and what class?

>Impact
>Slow-mo effect come BEFORE hitting the opponent

>tfw internet is shaped so even if I can download it by the end of the month it'll be a laggy dcey shitfest

5th and fighter.

I don't see any slow-mo, they are charging their attack

Kahlt or Forsaken is going to be a tough choice

go play dnd man. the game will be there when you get back.

>People will delay/charge their hits to trick the enemy
God that's weird that's never been is a fighting game before, or even in real life.

Oh then you can miss it. Make sure to tell the group before hand like in the morning so that you aren't just a shitty no show.

I would recommend going to game though if you are a once a week group since thats rarer than the game and grinding it out might just burn you out quicker.

what fucking slow-mo are you talking about

How is 5th? I'm still playing 4th with my group

It's an online melee fighter that has a story mode where you learn how to fight and develop your own fighting style, with dark souls like invasions from other players as well as the ability to fight cooperatively. There are also PvP arenas. The art style is reminiscing reminiscent of games like journey. It's made by a small dev team that seem to have put in some good work. Combat is based of real martial arts. Buy it now. Pre order it for cheaper

>game has feints
While not in most fighting games is super a thing in real life. It's great, but user is retarded and doesn't know what a feint is.

I'll go. Not like I'll be really behind if I miss a couple of hours.

>Charging
>Mid air charing, fuck physics!
AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH
That's the worst damage control shit you could've said, well, I will leave the thread now, seem like the devs wouldn't like that bad press on them, whatever.

I only say that caude I'm shit at fighting games and this seems much more accessible, yet still with a high skill ceiling

kahlt is fucking garbo right now, forsaken is slightly OP untill people will learn how to feint, windfall and stagger are balanced

Cry more baby boy

tier list of editions by a guy who has been playing DnD for 14 years.

3.5>Advanced(2.0)=Pathfinder>5th>1st>4th

This game is literally a For Honor clone. Nothing remotely close to DaS.

>This game is literally a For Honor clone.
No?

Being a 4th ed fan is suffering

I will give 4th ed one thing. It has some of the best board games.

4th is the only edition I ever played, and I really enjoyed it. But I guess that's just because I don't have anything to compare it to. Everyone I've talked to who is actually into dnd says 4th edition is garbage.

I wish my group didn't break up, I'd really like to play again.

Are you autistic?

This.

Yes. It is For Honor: kung fu edition.
Suck my phoneposting nuts, faggots.

says the tripcode user