Urban games

What games are the most urban?
What games portray the urban way of life?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=8O3dAz2j1cg
gta.wikia.com/wiki/Carcer_City#Carcer_City_references_in_Grand_Theft_Auto
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

these games were the shit

The early stages of GTAIV.

Jet Set Radio
SF III third strike
Yakuza (1 & 2 especially, they feel like the tokyo tribes manga in vidya form)
Certain Tekken games, oddly. Tekken 4 in particular.

I own this game and don't remember too much about it...I remember I gave up on the game because platforming was becoming a pain in one level. What were its common complaints?

Icon sucks and killed the franchise.

>didn't use AKI again
>use some shitty in house engine

youtube.com/watch?v=8O3dAz2j1cg

>Take away the hyperreality fighting with everyone being street level super hero tier martial artist
>Put in sound mixing magic that attacks with the bass of your chosen track

Who wanted this?

I dunno about common complaints but I did a playthrough recently enough to tell you why you should go back and finish that fucking game.

the stealth and combat sections are a bit tedious and poorly executed, and late-game the focus is more strictly on platforming over creatively tagging up a stage, but it's worth it to see the game to the end. there are some setpieces that are shockingly large-scale for how budget the rest of the game feels, also the music is rad as fuck. like, every track. nonstop bangers. I really wish Marc got the chance to come back to it and have a dev more competent than ex-Shiny niggas doing the gameplay, but rumors that went around a few years ago have been dead quiet ever since.

>ctrl+f
>No Ape Escape

/thread

haha niggers

fpbp

I'm about to go play this shit right now.

F

Tekken 4 does feel that way, but is it a product of the trends at the time, like the first two games listed?

I played through it last year. Loved the AKI games, so it was done well. Plenty of characters.

Condemned and Manhunt 1 for that quintessential rust belt experience

Airblade 1 and 2

F

Cry of Fear.

Keep it thoro and make his suffering from this mortal coil end fast.

Ah yes. I need more games with grim like that. I'm sitting in here in.south side Chicago after some thunder storms and I'd like a sandbox game similar to what im Looking at. And idk why watch dogs just doesn't do the feel or look of the city justice. GTA carcer city when?

What is carcer city even based on?

I think it's a conglomeration of Detroit/Chicago/Cleveland etc. Their version of the rough Midwest city

Sounds kinda like a neat setting they should expand on.

Makes me wish Rockstar would make their own city.

I think it's implied in GTAIV that Carcer City is in New Jersey somewhere.

Ah, I didnt know that. I thought the manhunt games implied it was detroit? I haven't played those games in a decade tho. New jersey is kinda too close to new York. Hmm

gta.wikia.com/wiki/Carcer_City#Carcer_City_references_in_Grand_Theft_Auto

"Liberty City to Carcer City" is a distance the game can indicate in the 'Distance Traveled' statistic. It is a relatively lower level title in the overall statistic, and is listed before "Liberty City to the Capital", suggesting that Carcer City is closer to Liberty City than Washington DC to New York City.

Time to play now

Wasnt Xzbibit in this game?

the sequel

The covers was so good until 3.
3rd one was just lazy

Is there any game as gritty as manhunt 1?

Manhunt 2