Beat Megaman 6, 7, 8, and 9 this weekend. 1-5 was last weekend

Beat Megaman 6, 7, 8, and 9 this weekend. 1-5 was last weekend.

Let's have a Megaman thread. Talk about Megaman.

Other urls found in this thread:

strawpoll.me/13812180
strawpoll.me/13812200
youtube.com/watch?v=dXhq0W-6cNw
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Anyone buy it? I got it physical on PS4 partially because it kinda nice to get a physical Mega Man game even if its just a collection.

Pirated 1 and 2 to play the series. Will probably buy it now that I see there was a decent amount of work put into them. Though I don't really understand why they were split into two purchases beyond greed.

It's extremely faithful, right down to the slowdown on earlier titles.

How'd you feel about 9? I think it's the best in the series, just slightly outclassing 3. It's like 2 if 2 actually lived up to the hype IMO.

Everyone post their favourite Robot Master

>It's extremely faithful, right down to the slowdown on earlier titles.
Pretty sure its emulation in LC2's case. Megaman 7 even has the "Licensed by Nintendo" screen if you game over and go back to the title screen.

9 is excellent. Pre-slide/charge it's the best Megaman. Playing them back to back I can say it has the smoothest controls in the series. Bosses are just complicated enough and very challenging without being unfair except Magmaman and the levels are inventive and fun. I did miss the slide and charge though. The slide especially added a lot to what they could do with enemies.

Ya I know a lot of it is emulated, just wasn't sure which. I mostly pirated them because it was easier than emulating 10 games. Guess they did the job for me.

Galaxy Man is adorable and his stage/music is great, but damn is he easy. All he does is fire his little black holes that just require you to keep running in one direction. Kind of got the sense he more wanted to show me his neat trick rather than actually fight. Feel bad.

There's gotta be the easy boss somewhere in there, man. The fun of playing a Megaman game is unearthing the ideal patterns. Someone out there beat Galaxy Man last on their first run, I'm sure of it.

Sorry

Fair enough. I do wish he had a little something extra though. Maybe he flies and spins around with his UFO head and shoots some projectiles from above, or can catch you in a tractor beam and make you collide with him.
I did him almost last this playthrough. I rarely have much idea about the intended order. Did Splash Woman, Concrete Man, the wind guy, then I can't remember.

7>1-6

You're not entirely wrong

7 was very, very good. One of the best. I can't understand the hate it and 8 get. 5 is a close contender with 7 for me, probably because both have my favorite robot master fights. 6 and 3 are the worst ones, followed by 1

post the one that has her taking off her panties

Roll is not for lewd fuck off

I was never able to play 8-10 and psx emulators have never worked for me on my new computer.

I love Battle Network.

There used to be a hentai site entirely dedicated to Roll and getting fucked by Robot Masters. I fapped to it a billion times in high school.

Get Legacy Collection 2. They're on there. If you like 7 you'll probably like 8. It's not as hard as 7 but it has almost the same quality bosses.

Everyone should

>I can't understand the hate it and 8 get.
For 7 it's because all the sprites are gigantic compared to how they were in the NES games. I love 7, myself.
I'm biased and think 8 is a legitimately bad game so I can't really comment there.

turn her 360 degrees

What the fuck went wrong when they were redesigning Guts Man's and Fire Man's stages? There's one small stretch near the end of each that hit kaizo rom hack levels of faggotry.

I love the aesthetic of 7 and 8 but I do admit that mechanically the originals were better in that regard.
7 is better than 8, though there are places where 8 is better. I'd like to hear why you hate 8.

ROLL IS NOT FOR LEWD FUCK OFF PEDOPHILE SCUM

Explain your perversions.

>Redesigned levels

I thought it was just a visual change and basically a rerelease other than that? They actually changed the game?

It just doesn't feel like Mega Man to me. From the music, to the level design, to the fact that Mega Man can swim. Everything feels off.

>I'd like to hear why you hate 8.
Not him but I'm not the biggest fan of it because the small sprites make everything feel slow and I'm not a fan of level gimmicks like the floors in Clown Man's stage or the shmup segments that play terribly. Not an outright bad game, but probably my last choice as far as numbered classic titles.

MM8's Roll > Roll Caskett >>>>> any other version

There's an option to play the way that you're thinking about, with graphical changes, but the other mode has totally redesigned stages and two extra bosses.

That's reasonable. There are a lot of changes. The swimming is really clunky and I wish they just didn't have it. I do like the mid-level checkpoints though. It let them make some interesting segments that you might not want to do over and over but were fun the first time. Special weapons filling up on each death I like too, since they're used more often for movement in 8.
The only level I really have problems with is the first half of Clown Man's. It's very clear they were just trying to show off the new hardware and it suffers for it.

Fair enough. There are a lot of gimmicks. The rocket board in Wily 1 is fucking awful.

my brother have that roll figure...
should i be worried?

>there was a decent amount of work put into them
You sound like you don't know what work is.

JUMP JUMP
SLIDE SLIDE
SHOOT SHOOT

Almost every game outclasses 3

>There are a lot of gimmicks
Yep absolutely why I don't prefer it. Gimmicks for the sake of variety usually don't sit well with me if they shift genre. Personally I dislike the shmup segments much more than the slides.

I was just trying to be positive. Look they're clearly a cash grab, especially considering they were split into two games. I mean I could have put them together with the programming knowledge of a google search. I'm just happy they let me easily play Megaman and saved me the time grabbing 10 roms from shady sites.

I think the shmup was done pretty well. Maybe not the Wily one since that ate up a stage boss. Still not bad. I get what you're saying though. Half of Clown Man's stage is almost entirely those boxes, Aqua Man is practically all swimming. Half of Tengu Man is a shmup and half of whatever the ice man was is the slides. Didn't really consider that before, I think I can understand the hate a bit more.

ask him if he hotglues it

>4 old games
>costs money
No thanks, is there a megaman collection like the x collection on gamecube for me to emulate?

I think there was a ps2 collection?
Just pirate it if it bothers you. You're emulating anyway.

>Didn't really consider that before, I think I can understand the hate a bit more.
Don't get me wrong I don't outright hate it and if you like it I don't want to take that away from you. At least you understand the preference here.

Depends: does he have other Mega Man figures? Or just Roll?

Mega Man Anniversary Collection, was on PS2, GameCube, and I think XBox as well, just like the X Collection was.

> Bob and George will never update again

In retrospect, 8 bit theater was the only good sprite comic and actually still remains funny, if only because Clevinger knows how to deliver a joke and his absurdist conversations and dialogue were at least humorous. He might have run some of those jokes into the ground, but there's no doubt that his overall quality was head and shoulders over his contemporary sprite comics.

Important poll, lads

strawpoll.me/13812180

if only he hadn't taken months to update

Does he ever escape Elysium?

Nope. He's dead.

strawpoll.me/13812200

anons, i need to see your answers

How good is this game?

Keep masturbating to loli.

I want a loli to sit on my face.

You know this does make me wonder: is there anyone here that likes Roll without wanting to fuck her? Just see her a cute robot girl?

I like Roll. I mean I would fuck her but I don't like her because I want to fuck her. I think she's cute independent of my dick.

Guess I"m on the minority around here but I love Roll because she is the absolute cutest and most adorable thing ever, I'm not interested on her sexually, she is too pure for that.

you sure about that??

>found the pirated version in 2 seconds
Why do companies allow this?

There are lots of fans that like Roll just because she is pure cute me included, though I don't think many of them lurk these threads. In fact I think at this point it's always the same people who posts in Roll threads around here.

I want to mating press deep ejaculation animal fuck Roll.

>Roll threads

No, I want to talk about Megaman and video games. I mean post lewd Roll if you want but that's more of a bonus.

DELET!
She is only for holding hands.

>pedophiles ruin another good mega man thread
it's like clockwork

OP are you going to play MM&B? And what about the gameboy games?

Fucking based.

Oblivious fuckface.

Holding hands after sex?

>MM&B

Yep, meant to play it after 8 since I'm pretty sure that's the canonical order but 9 was right there and I didn't want to bother emulating it yet. I'll do it after 10.

>Gameboy

As in Battle Network? Yep, after the main timeline games.

Why are the space ones always adorable. They don't want to fight you.

>star man
>adorable

He likely means the five classic series GameBoy games.

Rad as hell. If you enjoyed Legends you'll love this, and if you didn't you can totally skip most of the Legends-style sections. It's not super-long so you have no reason not to give it a spin.

Replaying 3 right now and I'm still not a fan of the Doc Robot stages. Hit a pretty bad speed bump during either the Needle Man or Gemini Man variant. After a long Rush Jet pit I died and got sent back to the start of the pit. Tried crossing with some leftover Jet energy banking on the hope the energy capsules would respawn, but they didn't. Seems like an oversight of the developers since they had the courtesy to lay out large energy capsules on the first trip but not respawn them if the player died and was sent back to the beginning of the pit. From what I can tell, one full energy bar of Rush Jet isn't enough to cross, and hoping enemies will drop capsules just isn't reliable.

For those anons that enjoy 3, what are your opinions on the middle stages? I don't like the MM2 bosses being copy and pasted and reusing stage aesthetics I just finished within the last hour. It's a shame since I do enjoy all the robot master stages, but the middle sections of 3, 4, 5, and 6 always feel like filler before I can proceed to the finale of Wily's Castle. Maybe I'm naive since I didn't play them back when they came out so it's possible the devs wanted to give the players more game for their money and thus introduced the middle sections to MM 3-6.

I mean a little adorable.

I didn't even know those existed. Are they just remakes of the original 5?

>been having the urge to play X 1-6, & the whole Zero series again.
>just replayed the whole thing 4 months ago. also replayed through MM1-10, X1-6, Zero, ZX, ZXA & MML1 six months prior to that.

convince me NOT to play a Mega Man game, anons. PLEASE! I got others in my backlogs i need to clear!

I think you already know what you need to do, user.

Play X7, X8 and Legends 2.
I know what I'm asking of you, I understand. Just do it. Why leave the task incomplete?

Not quite. The plots are original, and so are the stage layouts, but the robot masters are re-used from two NES games. GB1 uses robot masters from NES 1&2, for example. There are original bosses during the Wily stages, such as the Mega Man Killers (Punk, Ballade, and Enker) as well as Quint.
GB5 is completely original.

>Doesn't ignore them instead gives them more attention

Nice going idiot.

>anal

Who is the literal shit eater that keeps pushing this shit? Fragile angels like Roll deserve tender hugging while kissing her petite neck down to her small chest and ending on her crotch while caressing her hair. Anal is some homeless beaner tier shit and the lowest form of love, specially for lolis. Fuck you.

Maybe at some point then. Probably once I get done the series I already had planned. Thanks for letting me know.

>arrange
STOP

>Play X7, X8 and Legends 2

X7-8 didn't feel right for me. never played it after beating it once. MML2 was good, but I somehow preferred MML1

fuck off. also;
>that brazilian comic with gore, nudity, and implied incest.

I think I've played most of the good Megamen games.

Now I play the waiting game.

are you sure that you want her to stop??

Well X7 is terrible so that's no surprise. Never played X8. MML2 was great, I think it's better than 1 but I can understand why you'd say otherwise.
Play some of the Battle Network games? I mean the gameplay is nothing similar but they're great games. If not then fuck it, just play the series again user. Games are to have fun, if Megaman is fun play Megaman!

>series creator is now forced to work on mobile forever

He didn't create it, he just has the most seniority.
Now what's this about mobile games?

this is the punishment for his sins

I'm currently playing Megaman & Bass. What the fuck is up with these invincibility frames on the bosses.
Also, they have one of the best boss themes on the classic series youtube.com/watch?v=dXhq0W-6cNw

>What the fuck is up with these invincibility frames on the bosses.
Are you playing Bass?

no

Megaman and the mega buster barely works on the bosses.
I want to do a Bass playthrough too. Is there any way to switch on the same save or do you have to start over?

A man of culture.

Roll is not for lewds.

It's like X4, you're stuck with the character you choose.

>I want to do a Bass playthrough too. Is there any way to switch on the same save or do you have to start over?
Naw. You can't switch freely. Once you pick someone you gotta stick with them.

He only have himself to blame for fucking up Capcom.

You have to start over but it's technically the same save since CDs are shared. Some can only be collected as Megaman or Bass.

What's the difference between Megaman and Bass in that game? Is one just blatantly stronger than the other?

Megaman can slide and has a charge shot.

Bass has an 8 way shot, double jump and dashes.

Generally Bass has an easier time with levels but harder time with bosses.

It's less "Overpowered" and more of the fact Bass is better suited to the levels then Megaman is