Overwatch isn't dyin--

>Overwatch isn't dyin--

Do faggots really base a game's success by Twitch viewers?

How else are you supposed to gauge it then?

Revenue

Blizzard can't make a good game that keeps people's interest to save their lives. With the hype Overwatch had, they could have easily made it into the next big esport if they simply focused more on making it not terrible as fuck to view as a game and managed it better. It's still going decently now, but shit that doesn't get updated all the time and doesn't have an esports scene dies out.

before more shitposting happens here,
i'm gonna clarify that the current competitive season just ended and ranked match is locked for the next 2 days.
So, unless you're retarded and likes to watch "streamers" fool around in quick play and bullying noobs, then the twitch views gonna be all time low for the next 2 days.

It is one of the only available metrics. And it does indicate a loss in popularity, at least watching it.

Kids and poorfags watching a game on Twitch doesn't mean shit.

What about their Starcraft games?

Right because you have to buy a copy every time you want to play.

Died out because they can't make an esports scene and RTS games are boring to watch.

You obviously can't estimate the total number of players a game has based on Twitch viewers because some games are more fun to watch than others. However if a game loses half it's viewers over a few months I think it's safe to assume that it also lost a large percentage of players.

Some of the kids on Sup Forums are painfully underage.

FPBP

I agree. Most reason some games get high views on Twitch is because 1 or 2 streamers just decide to play it. So people watch it because the streamer for the most part and not the game.

so, u meant to say that twitch viewers doesn't matters when it's high and it doesn't mean that it's successful.
but when it's low, it suddenly matters and it totally means that the game is failing?
you're retarded.

>Sup Forums is one person meme.

games aren't a service
they're a product
only MMOs or subscription based games should be gauged by consistent player base

>2017 was supposed to be the year of waifus and wacky cartoon caricatures
>instead its the year of literally gambling for loot crates won by playing ARMA 5: twitch.tv edition
Who could possibly have seen this coming

Get off of Sup Forums Randy.

>esport
>the game is one big cluster fuck of visual

That's why I said they should have focused on making it a better viewing experience. But they didn't and now it's too late to make sweeping changes to their entire visual design.

>quiplash at 6000 views

how can Overwatch acquiesce those kind of numbers?

>waits untill the moment the season ends and twitch viewers drop to post a thread on Sup Forums about OW dying

Randy's at it again

Nobody over the age of twelve gives a shit about Twitch.

It happens every times the season ends.

>game is only popular during a super arbitrary point of time where teenage tryhards try to get an high internet number
>somehow this constitutes being an "alive' game
Overfags everyone.

No, that's not what I mean. I mean if a game has 1 million players and 20,000 Twitch viewers, then a year later it has 10,000 Twitch viewers I think it's safe to assume they lost a large number of players too. Maybe not the same 50% decrease but still pretty high.

>overwatch is mostly popular in my country because of Starcraft was popular
>Lot of people only play it because everyone else is playing it
Guess where the fuck I am

Twitch is the only statistic we get.

Blizzard doesn't give a live count of the current players, so Twitch is the most accurate thing you can get.

Also Overwatch had never more than 1 million real player at the same time, because Blizzard would have released statistics. In reality the "30 million" and every other number is just a combination of all accounts (including the hundreds and more accounts every console player has, combined with like 25 or even more million dead accounts who are press accounts, test accounts, internet cafe accounts and things like that). PUBG is much larger than Overwatch ever was.

shitendofans use youtube views so...

How else can I start shitty bait threads?

It's fan base is back in school. Mommy won't let them watch their favorite streamer.

Only if they try to push the e-sports meme.
Which Blizzard did at one point.

That depends. If a game they like doesn't have many viewers then it doesn't matter. If they hate a game, however, it's of course used against it.

Is the quiplash so high rn because of the NLSS?