What the FUCK did he want?

What the FUCK did he want?

why does he wear the mask?

I just got NV on Steam a few days back. Holy shit it's cheap. I had it on PS3, but I only played Old World Blues (decent, but enemies are too fucking strong) and Honest Hearts (shit DLC). Never tried Dead Money or Lonesome Road. Are they actually any good? Ulysses seems like such a fucking cocksucker that I kinda want to kill him, but I heard LR is generally shit.

Dead Money is a fun, if slightly annoying, clone of Bioshock. Make sure when you pair up with Dog, keep him out until you spot him eat an ghost enemy. That gives you the perk that makes then STAY dead, making dead money a bit easier.

Lonesome Road was alright, but I thought the pay off wasn't worth it.

Revenge. As much as he says he doesn't hate the courier and all that it's bullshit. He's angry, rightfully angry, the way any human would be when they saw literal hope die. I might sound like a pretentious douche for saying it but him being kinda irrational and unable to properly express his emotions is actually a really realistic portrayal of what a human being is like. Of course it could have just been a poorly written character I'm reading too much into but who knows?

he really just wanted to launch them missiles. He apparently gave no fuck about what happened at the Divide since you confront him on "having a beef" with just the Courier

>Lonesome Road was too deep for them!

Ulysses is a refraction (not reflection) of the player character- someone who sees the sovereignty and agency of the player character to seemingly change the world at will and decides to seize that power to make a mark upon the world. He's the answer to the question of "why is nobody else in this video game as much of an aberrant badass as me?" Ulysses is basically another you with his own motivations, although he seeks for an ideology with which to craft a self-sufficient state.

TL;DR: he's you, but he rejects the major factions and seeks a different path

Dead money is without a doubt the strangest dlc. At first, I (and many people) fucking hated it. It had weird difficulty, weird story and weird characters.

But now, I have to say it's my favourite. The constant gassing, elias, the weapons and armour and millions of caps you can walk away with is pretty great.

Lonesome road has good gear, but all around its pretty boring because there's only 2 characters in it (3 if you include the courier).

im not a nigger

fun fact: Lonesome Road is the second-best DLC (following Honest Hearts) and ahead of Old World Blues. Dead Money is the absolute worst.

Dummies can't in2 environmental storytelling, atmosphere, solitude, ethics, philosophy, etc.

haha epic dude

All the dlc are Equally good in their own different ways you little shit

>all art is of equal worth
No.

A fucking pony you monster. A mother fucking pony.

I never realised how good the NV DLCs were until I played Operation Anchorage in FO3. It was only then that I realised just how bad DLC could be.

Not all art, just this art.

He couldn't accept that what happened just happened, because there's always a reason to everything and that gave his tribe closure. No reason, no closure. Wouldn't you be angry too?

To see the Bull fight the Bear.

To fuck with you basically
His mind broke when he realized that one man was able to cause so much shit to happen with a fetch quest they don't give a fuck about

If we take it off, will he die?

>HH
>shit
The only thing that's shit is your taste.

Fuck off fatso.

His two favorite teams to win a championship
DA BEARS DA BULLS

>Honest Hearts (shit DLC)
I avoided it for a long time because I thought it would be awful. I actually really enjoyed it when I came back to it.

At least you admitted to having shit taste, glad you know your place you cretin.

>Tell him to fuck off every time he tries to talk to me
>Blow him up with a fatman nuke before he even knows I'm behind him
>Slaughter the marked men that try to stop me as part of his contingency plan
>Use ED-E to stop the nukes from launching
>He failed to teach me anything
>He died for no reason other than being in my general vicinity
>I learn nothing from him, except that I'm Courier 6 and I can do whatever I want

BEAR AND BULL

He wanted to teach the Courier that one man can indeed make a difference.

Ulysses believed in the Divide and saw it as an organic rise of old America, until the Courier destroyed it. Whether intentional or not, the Courier destroyed everything Ulysses believed in. He hated the Courier, but at the same time admired him.

So Ulysses learned that one man can change history. The Courier showed him that by destroying the Divide and changing the course of history. Ulysses wanted to face the Courier so one of them can be the one that changes history. Either by destroying the NCR, Legion, both or non.

The city of New Vegas feels kind of tiny, compared to the DC ruins.

And all this time I never realized he was a Chicagoan.

Yes you are.

Anchorage has one thing going for it: You instantly gain Power Armor training and you get good loot out of it

Ulysses is like Bane.

The courier brought the package, allegedly. But even then, that package was found by someone else. Examined by someone else. Sent to the divide by someone else. One man? Fuck off, Ulysses. It was many men.

>convince him to help me with the draugrs
>nuke both sides to get the loot
>go say hi to bennis

>I'm only here because I bought the DLC, no actual in-character motivation
>this Graham dude is cool, I wonder-
>oh, fetch quests on a huge open map with tightly grouped spawn points that shit forth very strong enemies
>have to unlearn looting and scavenging from the base game because the map throws piles of goodies at you and you don't need them or the caps
>and the only reason you'd care is if you're playing a high karma character, you want to find all of Randal's diaries, or you wanted to see if you can bang Walking Cloud
DM is by far the worst of the four DLCs but I look forward to playing it more than this, because at least it has redeeming features. HH is just tedious.

Sure, the loot's nice, but the story sure isn't, nor are the characters. Dead Money was better.

>Wanting to bang Walking Cloud
>After her husband just died

You're sick.

I didn't play Lonesome Road, so why exactly does he want revenge on the Courier?

The courier delivered a detonator and it destroyed his to be home, and his tribe is dead or something.

It's not really revenge. He's just angry with you in a school shooter "the world should have been nicer to me" way. He swore an oath not to kill you, so he asks you to walk through a dangerous place and hopes that kills you instead.

>Badass armors that go great with any character rolling a Legion or Republic loyalist
>But only if you nuke the Faction the armor aligns with.

I'm still a bit peeved. Good think console commands are a thing.

Sounds like Cold Steel: The DLC Boss

No, I just delay talking to Daniel whenever possible because he annoys me.

He's literally avellone's self insert.

On one of the Courier's many tedious fetch quests he accidentally set off a bunch of nukes without realizing it and went along his merry way, he was amazed at how much difference one man could make while not giving a shit
Or you could just deny ever being there and he's just a crazy deluded fucktard

Stop fighting the White Legs.

I kinda wanna play through New Vegas again. I suddenly had a Fallout itch I needed to scratch so I decided to try and play though the first two games but I just couldn't get into them and quit after like an hour in each.
Last time I played through NV it was on 360 and I've beaten the game in every route. Any essential mods that will make the experience better without breaking immersion too much (like adding inflatable hammers and unbelievable shit like that)?
why the fuck do i keep getting the urge to play so many massive rpgs
anyone got the playthrough roll image
_______________where to get ultimate edition cheap?_______________

It's a tribal society, user. The sooner she finds love again and can continue contributing children to the clan, the better for everyone.

C'est la Vie

What has that got to do with wanting to bang Cloud?

No Karma Killing Rewards, because its too fucking easy to end up with Good karma.

First play through:

OWB > LR > DM > HH

Subsequent playthroughs:

DM > HH > LR > OWB

She already has 3 kids. Also the courier is just going to never see her again anyway.

>constant gassing

Then a fourth with PC god genes can't possible hurt. Besides, if you don't lie to her she goes to fuck one of those Bad Horse tribals anyway.

THE BEAR N THE BULL

DM has the best writing and world building but has a an annoying difficulty. Not even hard, just flat out annoying.

I hate LR because it's purely gameplay/gunplay focused which I find to not be particularly great. Ironically, I really like Ullesys himself as a character.
>Ulysses seems like such a fucking cocksucker that I kinda want to kill him
That's the point. Ullyses and the Courier relationship is best described as a crazy ex-girlfriend the Courier just wants to get rid of.

He existed to be Avellone's avatar so he could complain about how developed the Fallout world had become.

What are some good implants/augments mods ? i want to leave humanity behind.

Project Nevada, though I always felt the actual implements were way to cheap and should've costed as much as something like the OWB implants.

>all these people that fell for Ulysses lies
You didn't deliver any detonator to the Divide.
The nukes exploded for a different reason, and Ulysses decided to blame you in his grief-caused madness

Because I don't learn about her husband until I'm basically done with all side missions and it's time for her to go.

DM becomes much more enjoyable once you get rid of the collar. Just activate god mod and stand near a radio until the collar pops. Then you can disable god mod and the collar will never bother you again.

wat
The duster is given to you based on faction rep.

>not playing video games to suffer

>DM has the best writing and world building
DM has excellent character writing and voice actors, the rest is a burning wreck rolling down a mountain.

I disagree.

I'm talking about the 87th Tribe armor and the NCR Power Armor that a survivor of the Nuke(s) you drop on the factions come to fight you in.

I played through DM on Very Hard and had absolutely no trouble getting through the DLC.

However, OWB was so fucking retarded and full of bullet sponge garbage along with ammo scarcity for my guns that it literally made me quit my playthrough.

Why do people always complain about DM when OWB is objectively badly designed trash?

Okay.

The only bullet sponge enemies are the Robo Scorpians and LAER or the electric axes make quick work out of them.

plebs who are outsmarted by radios and gas

>tfw i got through most of dead money with no sound

>Sniping Ulysses from across the map without giving him a chance to initiate dialog

Who here let go? What did that look like for you when you let go? You did let go, didn't you user?

I didn't, it took me 2 hours to sell all the fucking gold but i did it.

Because OWB has good loot and you can avoid a lot of its shit by being clever. DM is four hours of being cockslapped on the face in a murky tunnel then you have to let go of the only interesting loot it contains.

i let go of all the gold but left with about 14,000 pre-war moneys

So they didn't have to animate his weird face, his face is actually a mask

I know where the gold is and I know it's perfectly safe there until I come back to get it.

>tfw using a mod that lets you convert pre-war money into NCR money
RICHEST MAN IN THE MOJAVE

>muh divide n´sheit

Hes really a representation of the franchise dying talking about how ignorant the courier is

I think he kept saying "Bear and bull" as a reference to the blood sport of bear baiting, of pitting a bear against another animal usually. The California grizzly apparently was a really mean mother fucker, even for a bear, and would more often than not win against a bull.

Playing New Vegas with tons of mods is one of the most immersive experiences I ever had out of an RPG.

Pre war money is more valuable than NCR money.

1 prewar is 2 caps, 1 $100 NCR bill is 40 caps

Dead Money = Sup Forums

Old World Blues = Reddit

Why would you mod your game to have such an asinine feature?

It's part of another mod, dingus

k, but I liked lonesome road the most cause of all the shooting and straightforward path. Also red glare was a lot of fun.

So Sup Forums is great on the surface but full of horrible plot holes, unsubtle handwaving and general half-baked decisions if you look closer, while reddit makes you cringe but at its core is depressing, touching, sad, and genuinely scary?

...user.

What kind of mod? There should be an option to disable that, pretty fucking stupid if you ask me.

More Perks mod, one of the perks lets you forge money. I like it, why do you care so much?

Because you're having fun with something I don't like, now stop doing that.

>More Perks mod
Should have just said m8, I thought it was something that overhauled items.

he's obsessed with meaning and symbols.

You caused massive destruction in the Divide without even knowing it, and he basically twisted himself into an edgelord because he couldn't find any meaning to it.

I took seven bars out with me.
They're currently locked up at the Lucky 38, never to ever be sold because there's no god damn place in the game that will take them for anywhere close to their value. The only place that regularly has enough money to buy even one bar is Gun Runners, and they buy it for about 2000 caps less than other places that can't afford it.

I used them for trading fodder for some of their more expensive items.

You could just buy literally all their most expensive shit and THEN drop your fat gold nugget on their lap.