Should I play this finally?

Should I play this finally?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/TlSxN98y7Z4
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

on PC

a rom or is it on Steam?

steam

ah. thanks user...any particular reason?

Adds extra shit that matters, just look at the steam store page

Play this then OiF. After that maybe Origins.

why OiF? I played Chronicles then Origins.

Yes, and then play the best game in the series immediately after

cool deal, will do. thanks user

>played it
>game kept crashing halfway through II

Reah>Feena>Lilia

its a good game, good series overall.

play oath to felghana after that one and youre good

so i've NEVER played the Y's games...what am I in for? will they grasp me? are they just like every other rpg at the time? what can I expect that would make me want to play these

watch a fucking video on youtube ffs

WHAT A GREAT IDEA NEVER THOUGHT OF THAT! WHAT IS YOUTUBE?
>faggot

fine ill say it nicely
they are action jrpgs in a sense that you run around and kill stuff instead of taking turns to kill stuff.ITS NOT LIKE DARK SOULS. there is a light story above all that which is mostly satisfying enough.
wipe those tears now, dumbass...

Sounds good I'll be sure to try them out now. Enjoy living in mum's basement at the age of 40 with nothing to pull your pork to except her wedding photos you twat.

>using the moms basement meme
you need to be over the age of 18 to browse this website

>are they just like every other rpg at the time?
This is a bit hard to say as the first Ys predates rpgs by a couple of years. But anyway. You can think of them as Zeldas, because they're what the first Zelda copied anyway. Later on they both specialized in different things - puzzle stuff for Z, bullet hell boss fights for Y.

You're not breaking any chronology either way, carry on.

anyone here snag a copy. I did

Zelda came out one year before Ancient Ys Vanished.

fuck, completely forgot about it

...so it did. Shit. Sorry and thanks.

My paycheck came late so didnt have money to put down, guess I will stick with my PC copy

Limited Run gone from churning out games pretty rapidly lately

They have taken over my gaming budget as I now make it a point to put money aside for that soon to be rare physical from them.

Yes. Don't fall for the timeline meme.

>Origins is censored

how?

bumper cars. It's good though. No Ys game after those has given me that same sense of adventure that those two did. Origins came close but that's more of a tower climber.

Fuck Dark Fact though.

>Seven coming to GOG
how long'll it be guys?

>Origins
>s

No bloodstains from slain enemies which isn't the end of the world. The biggest problem is the frame skipping.

got you covered user

Don't click this if you've not played through Ys I imo
I actually quite liked this guy, even if it was really out of place in the rest of the game it was a cool change of pace

Are the only recurring characters in this series the MC and his fag friend?

Geis shows up a few times.

Not having played Ys I should be MORE of a reason to click it, as it embodies the sort of frustration you're soon to inevitably face
Ys isn't a plot-heavy game anyway, nor one that takes more than a couple hours to play to completion

>spoiler
He may unironically be my favorite video game boss. The combination of music, difficulty and his "typical 90-s villain" appearance make him so dear to my heart.

>tfw i beat this on nightmare
never doing that again

Well, some of the stuff that OiF throws at you may be cryptic, but dude, come on...

Is it true that some vsync glitch causes the game to run 2.5 times faster on PC?

Off the top of my head
Geis is introduced in 6 and shows up in 7
Rhea and Feena are in 1, 2, Dawn and Origins
Raba shows up in 1, Leaves a note in Dawn, and is in 6.
Sara shows up in Dawn but it's non canon
Lilia is in 2 and Dawn
Terra is introduced in 5 as a loli and she's a young teen in 6.
In 6 they make reference to Adol's past adventures and the antagonists know he hijacks prophecies and makes the impossible possible.

I'm going through felghana right now so I still have origins, Seven, Celcetta, and VIII to play through.

youtu.be/TlSxN98y7Z4

There's also the fact that the little fairy bitch gets all friendly the second time you visit her trials because she asked around about you and found out you're actually a fucking badass.

I'm more impressed that you managed to beat the bat boss in the caves. He is easily super secret boss tier and he's the third boss in the game. Nighmare makes his hitbox smaller, it's total bullshit.

he's honestly not that bad once you know the trick to him, which is to not run too far away from him

I got stuck in oath on death faelon in the castle. He just kills me to quickly and I'm too casul to do it even with the best gear at that point. Is there any cheese for that guy I should know? I kinda stopped playing for like a month and now I'm sure if I go back il be even worse.

Block everything

He's an unnecessarily long fight because of the small window of opportunity to hurt him. Every other boss fight is fast paced but the bat boss tests your patience. You can whittle his health down to 20% but if you fuck up your rhythim you will get grazed for a ton of your health. Worst boss in the entire Ys series, by far.

Blocking? It's been a bit but I don't even remember that being an option.

>dinging it for grammar
>he pronounces it "fack"

These people need to be shot on the spot

Earth magic makes you invincible

if you thought it was bad in the newer versions, try the originals where you couldn't even run diagonally

the fight can easily take 10 minutes

>where you couldn't even run diagonally

If his hitbox is bigger in the originals then the lack of diagonal movement wouldn't make the fight any harder.

his hitbox is tiny

you have to hit him from the front and i think only his feet register

>and i think only his feet register

Then it's the same hitbox as the remakes. FUCK. You would have to be a complete masochist to attempt playing the originals.

Celceta has a shit ton of references and call backs

The best order to play Ys is this:

I & II
VI
OiF
Origin
VII
Celceta
VIII

Anyone who tells you otherwise is a fucking idiot.

t. playing the series before the steam releases

P.S. Anyone remember Nightwolve?

>P.S. Anyone remember Nightwolve?
Is it even possible not to?
He's the angriest man on the entire internet

also
>Celceta
>no Dawn
>Anyone who tells you otherwise is a fucking idiot.
Objectively incorrect, is the right answer

Hi fucking idiot. Fuck off. Obviously, a real fan is going to play pretty much every Ys game. But when someone asks you what order to play the series in, my list is objectively correct.

The retard in actually put down "Origins".

I'd swap VI and OiF around, but maybe I really am a fucking idiot.

Yeah, you really are a fucking idiot. The list is organized by gameplay evolution.

He put down Origin correctly and then misspelled it later
People make typos sometimes user, that doesn't automatically make them retarded
Why so insecure? Is it perhaps because you're Nightwolve?

Aaaand I didn't even realize that. Right you are. Objection withdrawn.

More like
>he's an idiot who keeps calling it origins
>managed to fix his mistake once
>but didn't catch the other one
You don't just typo origins unless that's the way you natively refer to it. He knows it's wrong but he couldn't help his dumb self.