What will the next Overwatch character be?

What will the next Overwatch character be?

Other urls found in this thread:

newyorker.com/culture/culture-desk/roger-and-me
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Suprematism
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

ur mom

God, fanmade characters are so shit. I remember that borderlands-tier paint omnic. "HAHAHA MURDER MURDER PAINT EVERYTHING RED"

I don't like many things about Blizz, but their art direction is pretty good

Whatever happened to Hammond the true defence Monkey?

Why don't you fucking create something?

>Criticize something
>"why don't you try doing x"

Every time. Imagine if this response held any weight in the real world.

Probably another shitskin

I can tell you're fat.

New Junker hero who uses a crossbow

The colors on that freak are hideous

Someone actually thought "Yep, this is good enough to show the world"

It does.

There are fields in any industry, medicine, craft or art where constructive criticism can only be dished out if the person giving the critique has knowledge of the industry, medicine, carft or art.

The notion than anyone regardless of experience, education or knowledge has a valid opinion on anything is utterly juvenile and people spreading it should get their ass beat for a week straight.

I still don't like Overwatch or its designs.

>respond to a comment calmly on Sup Forums
>"you're fat"

Every time. Imagine if this response held any weight (ha) in the real world.

Seriously though, sorry I triggered you over that hot mess of a design. What do you like about it?

Imagine if your chair could hold your weight in the real world.

Back at you, sir. If you're claiming that you must be able to create what you criticize, you're a fool and shouldn't be taken seriously.

By that logic, microtransactions are the best thing to happen to gaming. Day one DLC? incredible. And don't get me started on unfinished, full price games - we should eat that shit up as consumers. After all, we have no right to criticize.

you're right - we do, because if those marketing schemes didn't work guess what it wouldn't still be going on to this day

Too late, already made that joke.

Still waiting for your response - what do you like about the design?

Who said anything about those schemes not working? Of course they do.

But according to we have no say in the matter. Probably a butthurt indie developer, mad that his game failed. Oh well.

You doctor needs to have cancer in order to treat a cancer patient?

You don't have to be a chef when someone burnt the roast

What is with all these goddamn paintball-themed fan heroes? How the fuck does a painter fit into a global peacekeeping organization? Why the fuck would he fight with paint?

You make a better one then, cunt. Oh, oh... that's right, you can't

i already did, ya cunt. my uncle works at blizzard I literally designed reaper

Another minority, most likely.

No new character at all would be better than a shit character that makes no sense.

>food metaphor time
You don't have to be a chef to know the food tastes like shit, bucko.

It's a great character and you'd see that if you didn't have blizzard's cock in your eye

Not that guy, but why don't you just try eating less?

Have you made characters for video games before? No?
Then, going by the same logic you've been using against the people calling it shit, you have no right to say if this design is even remotely good

A tech based character, similar to zenyattas orbs you can attach a drone to teammates that attack nearby enemies. The ult is a building similar to the shield generator that slows enemies.

My oc-donut-steel is a Greek hero named Prometheus who is a pyro copy/paste.

But pigs will fly before Blizzard will allow DoT into their perfect game.

You didn't answer the question. How does said character fit the game at all?

It's kind of ironic that he chose fat of all insults. I literally have a bit of medical problem whereby I often don't eat enough. Give me two biscuits and a banana, and I'm set for the day.

next character will be another dps and in the same patch they will also nerf ana some more for good measure

I don't pay attention to Overwatch but why does it seem like every character is black or brown besides the lesbian, eskimo and that girl who drives the mech?

I can't hear what you're saying between munches of your burger, samefag. Lose some weight, then come talk to me

>someone plays video games
>their opinions on video games are invalid
Jesus christ, fatty, hit the fucking gym

>industry
>medicine

Objective

>craft
>art

Subjective

Film/Music/Art critics wouldn't exist if you had your way

they're coasting right now but in a few more years once the playerbase shows some real decline they'll hold a contest for can character designs to reign people back in

Butthurt doesn't answer the question.

>You doctor needs to have cancer in order to treat a cancer patient?

Do you do surgery on yourself just because you're growing a third testicle?

You leave it to someone who has expertise in the field, who studied it and who has the necessary personal distance to his patients.

>What is with all these goddamn music-themed heroes? How the fuck does a musician fit into a global peacekeeping organization? Why the fuck would he fight with music?

And when he sews a dick onto your forehead, you have no say because you're not a doctor.

We were talking about criticizing art, not this tangent shit.

Tell the chef to improve the recipes then without knowledge other than "it tastes like shit".

Honestly question to the retards who parade this shit:
Do YOU listen to every single one who tries to tell you how to do your job or hobby better? Do you honestly waste your time following the self-overestimated criqitue of people whose qualifications yo don't know and who you never met?

>implying

gimme your stats, bro
197lbs, 5'11; 3pl8 DL, 265 squat, 195 bench

you're a retard

The vast majority of opinions is useless and a waste of time.

Sadly with social media everyone can share their worthless opinion.

Sup Forums is a social medium.

Just his style. As for the peace thing, musicians like playing a big role in getting people to support positive causes that they support and arrange concerts and all that shit. They could've based Lucio in shit like that.

Quite a lot, actually. There's a fair bit of context to lucio.

There's none for the paint omnic. Some of that would be nice, especially since he's insane and murderous. Not enough to redeem the bad design though.

That has no bearing on the ability to criticize someone's work
It also doesn't mean you can't criticize the doctor if he tries to perform surgery with dirty bare hands. Or would you just not speak up in that case because the doctor knows best?

If everyone is telling you that it tastes like shit, maybe something is wrong with your food and not them.

t. indie developer mad that his game hasn't taken off

"W-well their opinions didn't matter to me anyway! Only my opinion matters!"

brave for including your height there - they'll play the manlet card for an easy out though.

>There's none for the paint omnic.
you can make up dumb lore, background and whatnot as you go, it's been proven time and time again
everything goes because
>lmao dude relax, it's just a videogame :)

>That has no bearing on the ability to criticize someone's work

It has a bearing on your ability to give constructive criticism.

>I think it looks like shit
Is worthless critique

>This looks like shit because the artist display little knowledge of deliberate stylization of anatomy, clearly just winged it as there is no concept of composition and his color theory is way off since his color choices do not harmonize. Overall this piece might look deceivingly look because it's overloaded with detail but under that illusion it's poorly contstructed and might just be a fluke.
Constructive criticism

Note the difference.

>he has to state his weight to win an internet argument on a mongolian basket weaving website

The worst overwatch character?

>Do you honestly waste your time following the self-overestimated criqitue of people whose qualifications yo don't know and who you never met

Some do

newyorker.com/culture/culture-desk/roger-and-me

A chef should know about the basic notion of taste in food. Thus, they should know how to make food that doesn't taste like shit. It's not the fault of the critic that the supposed "expert" makes a bad product

The layman decides whether or not their healthcare system will save their lives.
The layman decides whether or not their barber has given them a good haircut.
The layman decides whether or not their plumber has fixed the leak in their house.

They may not have the technical know-how, but ultimately they have every right to decide whether or not the apparent practitioner has done a good job.

If you don't like it, perhaps consider moving to the middle east. I hear criticism isn't allowed over there - sounds right up your street.

Way to dodge the point.
Enjoying your infected testicles then?

Not everyone is as euphoric as you and cares about being "constructive"

Brown Southeast Asian (island/jungle) Girl, a relatively high mobility Defense Hero, creates large constructions which block passages and create elevation (like Mei wall), but also can be remotely triggered to deal damage (eg. shoot out a directional energy blast, or something like that). Ultimate powers them all up, letting them fire continuously and actively target players.

Brown Eurasian Steppes (Mongol) cyborg/omnic (male/masculine) centaur Assault Hero, shoots volleys of arrows and has an Ultimate 'charge' attack where he runs wild (can't stop or be stopped), dealing damage to everything he runs into.

>all criticism has to be constructive

Consumers will tell you whether or not they're happy with your product. Y'know, the product you're marketing to them. For their hard earned cash. They don't owe you shit.

Time to grow up and move out of your basement, manchild. The world doesn't revolve around you.

when are we going to get another white character?
every new character since release has been black or brown

>calls others overweight when it has no bearing on any discussion in the thread

i honestly don't think these ones are bad, exceptmaybe for the canvas color scheme.

The only one i ever saw that looked ridiculous was that kid with some mechanical shit in their legs or something.

Nigga he's 2 inches above the national average

Probably a 400 pound nigger with a pink mohawk and a prosthetic penis

The Blob
It bounces around and can stick to walls and ceilings and it droops into people. It can stun someone by engulfing them.

Pharahs dad

A

FUCKING

Except art has become pretentious to the point that artists will paint white paint on canvas and then make up some bullshit about it, and then art critics will make up some other bullshit and it gets sold for millions.
Pic related, it's art.

say my name bb

call it out nice and loud

how can shit like this be considered "art"
I don't understand it

First one's pretty gud, Canvas just looks like an over-designed, under-designed mess.

The paint splotches everywhere are really quite bad - completely goes against the rules of good design. Tracer's a great example of an well-coloured iconic figure - brown jacket, bright orange spats. White arms and guns. This guy's just.... ugh. A better option would be to make the splotches bigger, and a less obnoxious colour. Maybe douse his entire arm in red, and nothing else. Perhaps his feet, as if he's been wading in paint. For the rest of the body, something to contrast and make it pop.

The actual design itself is too spindly. The contrast is pretty important - junkrat is a close competitor, as athin, insane, cobbled together criminal. They break up his body though, especially with that big spiked wheel on his back. Canvas has two measly paint shooters to match his already measly body - with those tiny tubes to top it all off.
I'd give him a big fucking paint rifle, with a huge tube arcing over one shoulder and connecting into a tank casually slung behind him.

idk, I kind of like suprematism

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Suprematism

Tough shit, you're not an artist. Shut your mouth and kill yourself. People like you don't deserve an opinion on anything.

jesus christ you have a chip on your shoulder
get beat up a lot in school huh bud? couldn't keep your mouth shut? one of those types that always had to have the last word

It will be a black female with barrier and insta-gib abilities

>25 characters
>10 are white
>40% of the cast is white

Is that not enough for you?

with what I've been shown, literally anyone can "create art" and be considered a genius
to me it's like art critics have low standards or something
by that reasoning also, I am already an artist and so are you, your mother, your dog, the spec of dust on your easel etc...

how about a white dude you kinda plays like a Pilot from Titanfall?

High chance the next overwatch character is some kind of shitskin. Call it a hunch.

Dammit. They made her a lot paler.

Not really, I managed to stay out of most fights as a result of my high IQ. Int > Str.

But hey I guess you owned me on Sup Forums. I'm off to bed, got my high-paying job to get to in the morning.

>literally anyone can "create art" and be considered a genius

No, you have to have connections and be backed by a clique of investors to be considered a genius, at least in the modern art world

This argument doesn't hold much water. You don't need to be an artist to recognize shit art, you don't need to be a carpenter to recognize a shitty chair, etc. Sure pros definitely have more insight on subjects but sometimes things are just instantly recognizable as shit.

M-maybe if I insult myself first.. their words won't get to me.

Fucking fatties, I swear.

You make a better one then, cunt. Oh, oh... that's right, you can't

Oh, I'm saving this.

He's secretly technical support.

design isn't particularly difficult

>I don't like your burger
>It's not overcooked like mom made it
In all things, the more educated the opinion the more likely it is of value enough to be heeded.

I was hoping to create an infinite loop

Mei ult is already a dot.

I go to a lot of museums and exhibitions but I don't like or "get" abstract art; yet sometimes one painting will catch my eye and make me feel something that I couldn't put in words, and I can stay in front of it for a while without thinking about anything.

I liked your idea, sorry I didn't do it justice. Kinda new to the art thing. He looks kinda like a mad doctor the way I did it.

many people call that "dozing off"

Honestly looks like something that would be in Tiberian Sun if they made The Forgotten a full blown faction.