V can't be the worst when this load of feces exists

V can't be the worst when this load of feces exists.

nice bait

at least peace walker doesn't "end" with a bunch of kids and a metal gear flying over the sea

But peace walker doesn't really change the canon at all and adds Kaz. The only thing V did right was the Huey story and that mission where you killed your soldiers. V had a fucking retarded mess of a story.

Kaz has been there since Metal Gear 2.

But he became Kaz as we know him because of PW

Fair. At least V had a meme worthy villain though, despite his terrible writing. Coldman was total shit as a villain.

>le canon le continooty xD
>rooined gaem -10/10 disgousting kojimbo on suicide look.

even if mgsv was it's own game that had nothing to do with mgs the story would still be retarded as fuck

SOLID rankings: 3 > V > PW > 1 > PO > 2 > 4

V has never been the worst in the series at any point in time.

1>2>4>3>V>PO>TTS>PW

>he prefers kino over ludo

1>2=3>5>PW>4
They're all good games to me, though.

2 is great cause it actually kinda justifies how wacky the characters and plot sometimes are.

It's not just about ruined continuity, it's pulling an asspull off asspulls and saying there was a bigger badder boss right around the corner constantly during snake eater when there isn't any kind of subtle hints of something like that happening, I'd expect to see something like that in a deviantart fanfiction, but not in official works. It's about saying one of the plot points in the crapheap of a story was pulled out of the remains of a 100 year old man who you saw firsthand explode into FUCKING NOTHING. It's about the fact that apparently Big Boss needed an excuse to survive an explosion/exploding hangar when we see Liquid Snake do exactly that in the SAME FUCKING GAME. Kojima doesn't know when to let a sleeping dog lie/kill off a character, and MGSV is extremely exemplar of that. It's why it's such a terrible addition to the story.

2 > 3 > 1 >>> heat death of the universe >>> V > 4 > PW

It's kind of said knowing we'll never get anything like the first three Solid games again.

Every Metal Gear after 3 has been a total mess but at least PW had traditional MGS sneaking none of that gimmick battlefield or tailing stealth of MGS4 or Far Cry shit of MGSV

ive played every game other than 1 and 2
trying to understand the story is real hard

I unironically had more fun with PW than MGSV

>relaxing to an outer ops mission after doing bullet sponge boss and seeing your MSF bros kick ass
>getting lost in all those cassette tapes
>Micro managing MSF and literally see it get bigger as time went on
>the sheer ridiculousness of the plot
>a villian named Hotcoldman
>singing Metal Gears with The Boss as it's AI
>Paz becoming tsundere in the true ending of the game and having to fight against a Metal Gear that you made

fuck you PW haters that shit was great

>Bosses are all bullet sponge simulators
>The torture sequence

>Fun

I just wanted V to have co op. I would've traded all the other online components for that.

I'll never understand you MGS2 fags, Tanker incident was the only fun part of the game and it wasn't because you controllrd Solid Snake

Miller was the best character on mgsv tho, he's pretty much the only one on mother base who's giving a shit about whats going on

That's why

I liked 5 and PW more than any of the others.

Only game that has all 3 Snakes meeting up and based Solidus and based Liquid hijacking everyone's plans. Yes Liquid really was in MGS2.

it wasn't perfect but it had its moments

You know how MGS4 takes your comic relief mission control and turns them into hardcore villains in MGS4? Why did Kojima feel the need to do the same shit only their rape and torture victims? Its so jarring playing PW and seeing its less serious plot be followed up with serious grimdark shit.

Mah nigga, Peace Walker is solid gold.

But it does end with a girl in her underwear being the big bad spy the whole time and stealing a smaller, less cool metal gear.

I will give PW this, it did have nuclear catastrophe as a gameover. With as much as MGS goes on about nukes being bad you'd think at some poiint it would've been a game over before that. That's part of what makes the PW fight itself so great.

I hated PW when I was playing it by myself, but I forced myself to play it again in preperation for 5 and found people to play it with online, and it was some of the most fun I've had with any MGS. Ended up clocking in more than 100 hours. It's criminal to see how 5 is inferior in so many aspects, from mission and weapon variety to a sense of humor and the ability to play online co-op.

Man, I wish MGS4 didn't try and explain away all the cool technology vs the supernatural elements in the series.

playing through all the MGS games in release order atm

should I play Portable Ops or skip it?
is there any lore established in it that carries over into V?

It ends with me taking that girl into a box on the beach and showing her a good time because I can't stop replaying that mission

PO is pretty poor. It doesn't really get mentioned at all in the rest of the series as far as I remember.

PW is steaming dogshit and somehow MGSV was still worse

I think 4 mentions it.

Peace Walker is the only MGS game I've ever liked
>Somehow the best controls in the series
>Somehow the best ratio of gameplay to story in the series
>Absolutely perfect handheld portable gimmicks involving motherbase management
>great boss battles against vehicles forcing you to get good and plan accordingly
>Incredible growth from beginning to end in terms of your strength
>Absolutely brutal difficulty some times
>Excellent structure with side ops alongside story missions
>All designed around replayability

it is not canon. never mentioned outside of its own continuity.

It's canon in like a couple spots I think since it explains how Ocelot got the other half of the Philosopher's Legacy.

>The Patriots
>hardcore villains
I fucking hate this meme so much.

The Patriots were not villains. Neither was Outer Heaven, not really.
What happened was a falling out between friends who, with their connections and capabilities, spiraled out of control into a global-scale proxy war spanning decades.

But nobody was twirling a mustache and cackling maniacally. This wasn't all according to some grand plot. For both parties, the end goal was a better world.

The Patriots that Solid fought aren't the Patriots Big Boss defied. They were an AI collective that went off-script. Zero never intended for the future his AIs caused.

The entire fucking series, the only TRUE villain is Liquid, and somehow everyone gets butthurt over "m-muh MGS3 cast turned into bad guys"
Do you even pay attention when you play these games?

>the only TRUE villain is Liquid
and what about volgin who without warning fires a nuke upon his own country

Or hell, even Fatman who didn't see his bombings as acts of terror but works of art.

I thought I was forgetting something

And actually Liquid's motive was to carry on BB's legacy so maybe he's not completely evil either

Dr Clark was pretty amoral.

>The entire fucking series, the only TRUE villain is Liquid
Volgin was being a fucking cartoon villain for shits and giggles, man.