Was he wrong though?

Was he wrong though?

no he's right about everything including politics and positively shaming homosexuals and rape victims

user I don't know what you are talking about but this thread is about Dark Souls II.

fuck white peepoo

Nope. His points were pretty excellent.

Dark Souls II is a deeply flawed game still. But it baffles me that people are completely willing to ignore that so was Dark Souls, maybe even more so.

who?

check my 5

Communists are inherently wrong, user. Just look at his No Man's Sky video.
wew

>shit thread gets derailed immediately

Nice

>not "wypeepo"

He has about a 30% to 70% ratio of saying retarded shit to the pure gospel truth. It's 50/50 if you limit it to video games.

Of course he was. He was just assblasted about the video Matthew made.

/thread

I had never played 2 but got really excited by it after watching that video. Convinced me to buy the game

It's fucking garbage. I've tried to play it four times now and I've given up in anger every time so far. This is coming from someone who beat 1 and 3 without guides, magic, or summoning.

I want whatever the fuck he thinks he played

I think we all can agree that Dark Souls 2 had great base combat and mechanics even tying invincibility frames to a stat but faltered in terms of level, enemy, and boss design.

who?
nice 5 user!

>even tying invincibility frames to a stat
Hmm yeah that was fun but how about instead I have that from the beginning and don't have to sink 30 levels right off the bat into adaptability and vitality to counteract their stupid fuckery and instead get to put those souls towards the interesting stats that make my character fit my playstyle

>even tying invincibility frames to a stat
In the first 32 seconds the guy rolls away from a attack yet still gets hit.

DaS2 piles souls onto you so this really isn't as big of a problem and you whining cunts want to make it seem.

If you're shit and you need half a second of iframes, you pay the toll in levels. If you're not and you actually know how to time your rolls, there's no need to level ADP.

that's fucking stupid, games aren't meant to be fun. Now come on user, this big pile of shit isn't going to devour itself ANOMNOMNONOM

>If you're shit and you need half a second of iframes, you pay the toll in levels. If you're not and you actually know how to time your rolls, there's no need to level ADP.
Why did I never once have an issue with rolling in 1, BB, or 3? Not even when I had just started playing 1. 2's rolling is fucking garbage, and although I'm sure it's possible to memorize the windows of the individual enemy attacks, their animation skills went down the fucking toilet, leaving every interaction a floaty, sloppy, vague mess.

>S-Shut Up I am good
In all suriousness if you need 30+ adp just to doge you have no sense in timing

>more flawed than dark souls 2

eksdee 3/10

1. I was using hyperbole
2. I was including the vit levels spent to counteract their stupid curse bullshit in that figure

yes
half his points boil down to DARK SOULS IS SHIT SO 2 IS ALLOWED TO BE SHIT AS WELL when the entire point of a sequel to polish things up

>I'm sure it's possible to memorize the windows of the individual enemy attacks
Why wouldn't you do this? How shit do you have to be that you just panic roll whenever an enemy leaves idle stance and get hit?

Stop dying or use an Effigy?

Most of the complaints from DaS2 seem to be from shitters that just didn't want to adapt to the game itself, which is how we ended up with DaS3's combat being such a dumbed down garbage fire.

I thought the game was okay.

There weren't any places in it that I hated as much as that gay fortress with all the traps and snake people.

On regards of Adaptability, I thought the idea was great honestly. Why should the player get full i-frames with no investment?, If you need stats to block or tank a hit, why nimble characters should get a free pass?

But the cool thing about Adaptability is that its also useful for the poise, so heavy characters still want a lot. It also plays very well with attunement, letting you decide what proportion of spells / poise you want to run.

It should have done more though, the stat would be more interesting if it affected bleed and poison damage the length of recovery animations.

It works a bit iffy due to how the game handles hitboxes. But then again, they are just as flawed as they were in DS. It just was easier to see here.

If hitboxes were to work like in Monster Hunter for example, the system would work just fine. The skill exists to raise i-frames in those games works just fine but its considered a crutch, just like it would here.

Honestly I don't get the hate for DS3 combat
I had a blast with it, I thought the speed was a welcome change. I was pretty much free to play it the same way I've played the other games, fast rolls and heavy fucking hits

He was correct about a lot of things but it doesn't change the fact that in the end almost all the levels and bosses are a snore and the world feels disconnected and nonsensical and less immersive compared to the other darksouls and Bloodborne. If they wanted it to be like demons souls they should have went all the way and had an archstone equivalent

Nigga, Dark Souls has flaws in nearly every aspect of the game's design. Its extremely janky, even more than Demon's Souls.

> Why should the player get full i-frames with no investment?
Because people didnt expect to be RPG elements in a action RPG

>If you need stats to block or tank a hit, why nimble characters should get a free pass?
So many reason, dude
To name a few
>blocking and tanking require no skill and are the go-to for those unfamiliar with the games. allowing them full blocking power from the start would encourage the players to stick to incredibly boring gameplay
>rolling (well) requires memorization of enemy attack patterns and attack types, as blindly panic-dodging rarely yields good results
>it makes early-game easier for experienced players who want to get to the most customizable side of the game as soon as possible

also
>why nimble characters should get a free pass?
I'll take "what is carryweight" for 200, Alex

But Dark Souls 2 only improvements over Dark Souls 1 are incredibly minor, how could someone come to this conclusion. Dark Souls 1 has better level design by leagues and miles (at least the first half does), wayyyy better bosses that don't feel like you're fighting normal enemies, better music, and better NPCs. Only thing 2 has is powerstancing, more variety I guess, and Emerald Herald being a better waifu then the firelink's firekeeper.

>inb4 but muh sekund halfe
The only truly shit areas are TotG and Lost/Izalith. I can think of several DaS2 levels that are just as bad if not worst, including Frigid Outskirts, Iron Keep, Shrine of Amana, Black Gulch, Earthen Peak, the Gutter, and so on.

You should really read posts before replying to them, user

ADP affects more than just the roll. It raises Poise, increases the speed that your character will drink Estus/use items, and allows you to roll out of using items earlier. It also affects how quickly you raise and lower your shield.

>Honestly I don't get the hate for DS3 combat
It's shallow. You don't have to worry about stamina, almost every enemy gets stun-locked down, counter damage is broken in PvE because everything is constantly trying to attack, the parry windows are fucking huge and easy to pull off, Estus is instant, and the roll makes the entire game a huge joke. People like DaS3 because it's easy, doesn't punish being an idiot, and has strong presentation.

There's also the fact that the stat system has been streamlined to support quality builds far more than anything else, which also dumbed down the game.

>rolling (well) requires memorization of enemy attack patterns and attack types, as blindly panic-dodging rarely yields good results
Which is why ADP is good, because it punishes panic rolling and rewards timed rolls.

>it makes early-game easier for experienced players who want to get to the most customizable side of the game as soon as possible
ADP does this. People that know wtf they're doing don't need half a second of invincibility on their rolls when they can just time everything, allowing them more room to build how they want right from the start. A shitter on the other hand needs a stronger roll to do well.

I don't feel like the levels and bosses were as bad as they are made out to be. To start of, the bosses are miles better than Demon Souls'. Also when talking bosses people usually forget that Dark Souls had its fair share of terrible bosses.

Demon Souls is the game with the best levels overall (except for the swamp levels, those were pretty meh to trashy). Dark Souls on the other hand includes things such as Lost Izalith, Valley of Drakes, Lake of Ash and the great tree. The good levels are good and the interconnectivity is one of the game's strongest assets, but the design itself is inferior to Demon's.

But when it comes to DS2, the only truly underdesigned levels I can think of were Harvest Valley, Tomb of Saints and the Black Gulch. Aldia's Keep was cool but too short imho. Other than that the levels range from good to great and amazing for the DLC.

4/10

>Demon Souls is the game with the best levels overall
Not really. They're better than the majority of levels from DaS2 but have nothing on the first half of DaS or BB.

why poopy

Youre forgetting heides tower and huntsmans corpse, iron keep and the gutter. I always thought heides was so beautiful, i was so thoroughly disapointed by how absolutely shit it was, same with the gutter but for a different reason, because it was a cool very well designed level where you fight completely harmless enemies and have no chance of dying of anything but bordom

>making a stat that is mandatory to level up for every build ever
No, that's LITERALLY worse than Resistance

>blocking and tanking require no skill and are the go-to for those unfamiliar with the games. allowing them full blocking power from the start would encourage the players to stick to incredibly boring gameplay
Blocking is a valid strategic option regardless and requires stats. Also in DS2 blocking effectively requires good stamina management skills and cannot be relied upon forever, as DaS2's shields aren't as amazing as they were in DaS. Furthermore, its the game in the series that favors elemental damage the most. So some is bound to get through most of the time. This makes shield sellection beyon 100 phys resist important.

DaS3 says hi. But really, depends on the game and how the rolls exactly work. Some are bullshit, others are fair. Still, if rolling requires skill, doesn't giving full i-frames from the start undermine that?, Look at MH for comparison, you can roll through everything no problem, but its actually hard and requires a level of skill you develop until you don't even really need the extra i-frames.

There's a variety of ways to deal with a situation for every character archetype. Having a true and proved way to cheese it all seems unecessary when you can still win easy if you know what you are doing. Plus, DaS2 actually has a ton of early customization options.

>I'll take "what is carryweight" for 200, Alex
Except nimble characters that depend on not getting hit never wear heavy armor because their main defense is not getting hit in the first place. This makes weight limitations completely irrelevant.

HAHAHAHA WHYPIPO LOL

Adding a huge delay to every action was aweful, increased stamina costs alone would have been better

>Complains about estus flask running out fast for someone who doesn't use a shield

I don't know you tell me

>play DS2 when it came out
>like it a bit more than DS1
>play DS3
>it becomes my favorite DS
>recently playing through DS2 Sin of the First Scholar
>notice how fucking bullshit they made the gameplay

Now its the only aspect of the game that really makes me hate it.
If you want a example, go check the arrows that enemy shoots your way. They literally change direction mid course to hit you.
Or how you get stunned over ANY attack.
Get hit by the weakest enemy = stun.
Which leaves you open to get gangraped by the absurd amount of enemies.
Also I noticed that bosses have infinite stamina bar and they get absurdly hostile when close to death. You wanna take a step back just to make sure you manage to finish the boss off? Too bad, here comes the boss to unrelently attack you when he is one hit away of dying.
And last but no least problem: your character animations are comically sluggish.

Anyway, its just some bullshit gameplay choices that actually makes me rage about DS2.

Here is the problem with your "argument"
>rely on blocking for everything
>die to attacks that numerically cannot be blocked later in the game, cannot ever go past maybe NG++ or +++
>cannot use dodging as a backup as ADP isn't leveled, so there is no possible way to avoid damage 100% of the time

>rely on dodging
>must level one stat to 20+ before you can make progress without chugging healing constantly and tanking things or playing absurdly safe at all times; basically fun is locked until you dump 20 levels into a single stat, sure hope you like using starting weapons only until midgame!
>forced to take damage constantly for the entirety of early game; causes early game to be a boring slog

Meanwhile on the other hand, you can have both blocking and dodging be viable from the start and require stats later on (END and VIT respectively).

Have you actually played the game?, I mean Dark Souls, because I don't think you quite realize what you are saying.

Valley of Drakes, Blightown, the sewers, there were plenty of or bland levels in the first half of DaS. Higher Undead Burg is also pretty meh and so are other levels. Also it speaks miles about the level design if you will not defend the second half of the game at all. A perfect 10 and a 0 still make a 5 and DaS's first half isn't a perfect 10 at all.

On the other hand except for the bland swamps, there were no noticeable quality drops in Demon's and they were actually more complex than in DaS for the most part.

BB I haven't played. I don't give opinions on games I don't have experience with.

Sure as fuck sounds to me like your character's playstyle involves rolling. So you should probably invest in the rolling stat.

Dark souls is only really impressive up through Sens Fortress. Anal Londo is alright and everything after it is "ah fuck it well finish it later"

sjw cuck trying to remain relevant by being a contratarian. no shit ds2 is alright after years of patches. The point of the hate was that the game was rushed shit and didnt work day1.

some lefty faggot that wasnt getting enough patreon money for this feminism patreon videos so he tried to be a Sup Forums contranarian and debate year old videos that were about ds2 while the game he is actually reviewing is d2:sotfs

Yes well literally every character's playstyle involves rolling so your argument is shit.

Can you express your ideas without resorting to buzzwords and name calling?

some decent points but it eventually turns from a defense to him attempting to justify every decision the game ever made

>Listening to a numale SJW

Actually patches made DS2 worse. The game would have been better off if they'd stopped patching anything but bugs shortly after release and just added the DLC content (and skipped the poison DLC)

>Why should the player get full i-frames with no investment?

because stamina is suppose to be the secondary resource you manage, not invisible formulas a player can never figureout without datamining the game.

it was counter intuitive and contrary to how things worked in the previous title.

That hairline makes me want to donate to charity

No. Many just hold L1 and hide behind a shield and their stamina stat. Others just stay back and spam ranged damage.

Too bad you literally cannot block every attack in any souls game.

>The point of the hate was that the game was rushed shit and didnt work day1.

can you shut the fuck up and read instead of being a triggered little snowflake?

Other than his Fallout 3 and Bloodborne videos (easy material really) he's basically Dobson 2 with how contrarian and shit his opinions are.

>Heides tower
Not the best level in the game, but considering its one of the first 2 levels its fine being relatively simple. Plus, its pretty gorgeous. The only issue I have with it is enemy variety and the fact the level is too short. They really should have let you get atop the tower of flame.

>Iron keep
What are you on about?, Iton keep was pretty damn good. Is this about the volcano on top of a windmill thing?

>the gutter
The gutter is actually a pretty good level, better than Blightown at least. Still, yeah, terrible enemy variety. But enemy selection and placement is different from level design.

They should have merged Tomb of Saints with the Gutter to make it larger and more varied. The Black gulch could have also been better as a swamp level at the bottom.

Except you literally cannot rely on those for the whole game and you literally cant dodge attacks without 30 points in ADP. So literally a 30 stat dump for EVERY character in the fucking game or you're objectively gimped.

>>die to attacks that numerically cannot be blocked later in the game, cannot ever go past maybe NG++ or +++
By that time you should have a Greatshield like Havel's, Gyrm's, Mirror Knight, etc. and your mitigation is high enough to take blocked damage that bleeds through pretty easily. The point you're trying to make here just makes it evident that you don't know what you're talking about.

>>must level one stat to 20+ before you can make progress without chugging healing constantly and tanking things or playing absurdly safe at all times; basically fun is locked until you dump 20 levels into a single stat, sure hope you like using starting weapons only until midgame!
This is where your argument completely falls apart. I went through DaS2 twice as a bandit with no ADP as my first character and did fine, only using a shield at the very start of the game. If you actually learn to time your rolls, ADP is a wasted stat. It exists only for people that panic roll or don't bother timing rolls. You're blaming the game for your own shortcomings, which is typical of most DaS complaints really. Git gud or stop being a bitch.

He made a lot of good points, but at times it's extremely obvious he's being contrarian just for the sake of it. I think he even says he's being contrarian or playing devil's advocate for at least one of his points.
>DS1's healing system is bad because it's frustrating to get killed while healing
>DS2's healing system is good because the slower healing over time makes it far more likely you'll get killed while healing, meaning you'll learn to heal when it's safe

DS2 is the best game in the series. Dark souls 1 (or demon souls if you want to be a pretentious bitch) forced players to adapt to a new level of difficulty in games. Dark souls 2 brought it to another level, and while it wasn't really "harder" it was different, and instead of adapting to a new game DS1 babies just cried that it was shit and went back to DS1.
literally every single major complaint about dark souls 2 is either A. a complete non-issue (m-m-muh b team) B. something that dark souls 1 also did (dudes in armor boss fights, % wise dark souls 2 has like, 10% more dudes in armor as fights)

>By that time you should have a Greatshield like Havel's, Gyrm's, Mirror Knight, etc. and your mitigation is high enough to take blocked damage that bleeds through pretty easily.
Even with maximum stamina you cannot numerically block every single attack in the entire game with enough stamina for counterattacks. On higher NG+ levels your guard will instantly break even with +5/10 greatshields.
>The point you're trying to make here just makes it evident that you don't know what you're talking about.
No, it's more like you don't know what you're talking about and never actually did a blocking-only run without chugging constantly.
> I went through DaS2 twice as a bandit with no ADP as my first character and did fine, only using a shield at the very start of the game.
Now do it without healing constantly and playing extremely safe and slow.
> If you actually learn to time your rolls, ADP is a wasted stat.
Wrong. There are attacks that are numerically impossible to dodge without ADP due to how the game handles hitboxes to compensate for lag in online play (which applies even when you're playing offline due to shitty programming). Granted this is also a problem in DS3 and BB but those games mitigate it by not forcing you to level up 20 times to dodge properly.

>iron keep
>two types of enemy
>alonne knights pasted around the map in stupid numbers
>turtle knights reused from the FoFG
>horrible bland repeating stone textures everywhere
>boxy ps1 game style architecture
>looks like something from a mario game, layout makes no sense at all especially if we assume that half of it is under the lava
>end boss is just ceaseless discharge with a far more generic Balrog design
>skybox has no relation at all to the rest of the game

the fact that you reach this place from the top of a windmill is the least of its problems.

>game with infinite healing items
>hard
lol

>matthew's biggest success on YouTube and the video that compiles all the problems with DaS2 in an objective way
>sperg tries to refute it by basically saying "THOSE WEREN'T PROBLEMS IN MY OPINION SO YOU ARE WRONG"

It's hilarious to watch the two videos in sequence and realize how much of Matthew's criticism gets skipped over. Also, hbomber tries too hard to be funny and it isn't even in a sort of goofy extravagant way like Mr. Clemps, he genuinely thinks his witty and that detracts from his videos because he's too busy trying to hilarious and failing

no that user but
>Now do it without healing constantly and playing extremely safe and slow.
like dude just get better at dodging without adaptability crutch, if you can't do that recognize that the punishment is having to dump points into ADP

Immersion took a back seat to gameplay. Get fucked pvpfags

Fuck you retard heides is unacceptably aweful, you cant even give a reason for why its supposedly good, and the gutter isnt lacking veriety its lacking enemies in general, its a mid to late game level, there should be at least a slight chance of dying. Iron keep is just a disapointment because i expected a sweet lava castle not random hanging platforms that have no reason to exist

Sorry, but you're numerically wrong. It is factually impossible to dodge every attack in DS2 without ADP or ATT, in fact, it is numerically impossible to dodge most lingering attacks without leveling those stats. At base agility you have 5, fucking FIVE, iframes. Most attacks in the game last more than 5 fucking frames. Even basic hollows have attacks that last more than five fucking frames. Anyone who claims they rolled through everything with base agility is objectively a liar. It has nothing to do with difficulty, since DS2 is the second easiest game in the series due to you having infinite HP.

>Valley of Drakes, Blightown, the sewers, there were plenty of or bland levels in the first half of DaS
Blightown and the depths definitely aren't bad by any means. BT especially (bar poison swamp) has some of the best verticality in the series. Undead burg and the painted world are best levels From has ever made. DeS worst level is stonefang and it's a complete slog to get through and all the levels don't have any of the cleverness of the future entries.

Exactly how many times do you need to replay a Souls title?, sure they merit a replay (specially DaS 1 & 2), but 2?, 3?, even more?, How many times can you complete a game before you get bored.

Still, blocking may be unviable in high cycle playthroughs, but it should be considered either in the context of your first couple playthroughs in pvp. Very little people will go for NG+++ after all.

Also, I dodge everything constantly and I've got 9 adaptability. The game handles roll hitboxes like shit and sometimes I do get hit, but that's not an issue of the stat system at all. Either way, its perfectly to use dodges as a complement to blocks even if your rolls aren't the best in the world.

Also having to invest on adaptability early game WOULD be an issue if leveling up wasn't so damn easy when compared to DaS and Demon's. I mean, its quite easy to hit 20 points in any given stat you may need. Still, I agree that Adaptability should have offensive applications. Like increasing Poison and Bleed damage

hbomber? the guy who pretends to be Fitzthistlewits?

>Even with maximum stamina you cannot numerically block every single attack in the entire game with enough stamina for counterattacks.
Guess that's why Green Blossoms and Chloranthy Rings exist, and why blocking shit you don't need to is probably a good idea.

>No, it's more like you don't know what you're talking about and never actually did a blocking-only run without chugging constantly.
What? Specifically what attacks break Havel's outside of slow shit you can just strafe around? My last playthrough before playing DaS3 was a shield run and I did fine up to NG++ Mytha.

It's like you're being purposefully obtuse and stupid to try and create a narrative that doesn't make sense.

>Now do it without healing constantly and playing extremely safe and slow.
Why would I play safe and slow for no reason? Why wouldn't I heal? What in the fuck are you even talking about with this?

>There are attacks that are numerically impossible to dodge without ADP due to how the game handles hitboxes to compensate for lag in online play
The only attack I was never able to dodge, outside of laggy PvP invasions, was rolling through the Chariot's wheels, because his scythe will hit due to the lack of iframes with 3 ADP on the Bandit. Everything else in the game that can be rolled through without taking damage can be done without leveling ADP.

Your argument is that you're trash, so it's the game's fault you have to blow thousands of souls on a stat.

>numerically wrong.
Stop saying this. It makes you sound like a fucking idiot because you're massively wrong. Most attack in DaS2 don't even need to be blocked or rolled.

>Anyone who claims they rolled through everything with base agility is objectively a liar.
Just because someone is actually competent at the game doesn't make them a liar.

What on earth do i-frames have to do with stamina?

The handful of points he's got a good argument for are drowned out by his obsession with proving Matthew wrong and being a contrarian, following up arguing the dudes in armor are the best souls bosses with shit like "the level design is totally not the worst in the series and if you disagree you're just shit, fuck you Matthew" just weakens his argument. It's weird how hard he try's to be /ourguy/ depsite being a far left sjw

fucking gross

Again, enemy and boss design have nothing to do with level design.

Also, I liked the architecture. But I can see why others wouldn't.

I did not pay attention to the sky box, so no comment.

The level has problems, but its nothing that makes it unsalvageable trash like Lost Izalith.

>Still, blocking may be unviable in high cycle playthroughs
Blocking is unviable in all playthroughs without playing extremely safe and constantly using healing items.
>Also, I dodge everything constantly and I've got 9 adaptability.
This is factually impossible unless your attunement is extremely high.
>The game handles roll hitboxes like shit and sometimes I do get hit, but that's not an issue of the stat system at all.
Objectively, it is an issue of the stat system.
>Also having to invest on adaptability early game WOULD be an issue if leveling up wasn't so damn easy when compared to DaS and Demon's.
You would have a point if DS2 wasn't the game with the highest average stat requirement for weapons in the entire series. Keep in mind that if you invest in ADP as say, a Deprived right off the bat, you can count the number of weapons you can wield one-handed with your other hand.
> I agree that Adaptability should have offensive applications.
Adaptability shouldn't exist. VIT as its own stat already controls rolling effectiveness due to affecting equipment load. With adaptability becoming the main stat to determine rolling efficacy, VIT becomes a near-useless stat for most characters.

>Guess that's why Green Blossoms and Chloranthy Rings exist, and why blocking shit you don't need to is probably a good idea.
Even with Green Blossoms and the Chloranthy Ring +2 you will still not have enough stamina to do a block-only run. It seems like you never actually tried doing one to me. Not to mention stopping constantly to chug Green Blossoms on top of the extra healing items you have to stop and chug to make up for bleedthrough slows the game down and makes it less fun.
>Why wouldn't I heal?
If an action-based game is not completable without healing, it's a shit game.
>The only attack I was never able to dodge, outside of laggy PvP invasions, was rolling through the Chariot's wheels, because his scythe will hit due to the lack of iframes with 3 ADP on the Bandit.
This is false. Five iframes is objectively too little.
Stamina already controls rolling. It's the resource that determines how effective rolling is. DS2 had already solved the overpowered rolling problem by making rolls consume more stamina and halt stamina regen for a longer period. Throwing in a stat specifically for rolling is just shit design that makes the game a slog if you do not level that stat, unless you like boring, slow, safe gameplay only 100% of the time.

You don't sit like some uncivilized mongrel, right Sup Forums?

All video games should adapt AI to the level that there are no patterns for players to recognize, but have limitations on input speed even of the CPU so that faster reflexs are not be all end all. With this all games can reach a pinnacle wherein the games are like you fighting an actual living extremely skilled player.

>all stats are optional to level up
>What The Fuck Whys Is The Game Forcing Me To Level Up This Stat
I will never understand the special autism that Dark Souls managed to create

>undead burg Is the best level
Ahahaha Sweet jesus its litterally a short linier level with one small side area with boring and easy starter mobs, all it has is some good enemy placement, how legitimately mentally ill do you have to be to think its as good or better than stuff like all of lautria, central yharnam, reaserch hall, hunters nightmare, ect. Even within darksouls 1 blight town, sens, even the archives are more interesting. Hell, forest of fallen giants was better

The problem is that if you have a stat that everyone has to level up on every character every time no matter what unless they hate fun, then you have a shitty stat that shouldn't exist.

It's about its context in the game, you fucking moron. Undead Burg is the true tutorial level for the subtleties of the mechanics. It's only flaw is how unfun it is when you pass through it in the opposite direction later in the game

LIES

I don't agree with his points or politics, but he makes good quality videos.

>30 second duration
I mean, you're not making a good argument for blocking being viable without playing extremely slow and safe.

>Fuck you retard heides is unacceptably aweful, you cant even give a reason for why its supposedly good
Can you give me a reason as to why its so very aweful?, also I did say it was pretty. A level being visually pleasing is an important part of the design, not everything mind you.

>the gutter isnt lacking veriety its lacking enemies in general
Still a placement / variety problem, not a design one.

>Iron keep is just a disapointment because i expected a sweet lava castle not random hanging platforms that have no reason to exist
Would you have rather taken a dip?, but seriously, of course there were platforms, how could there not be?

>Again, enemy and boss design have nothing to do with level design.
Not true. The shrine of Amana would be tolerable if it wasn't full of homing spellcasters, but it is, so all that nice atmosphere is totally wasted.
Enemy placement and what those enemies are is a gigantic part of designing a level, it's not an afterthought.

I have no idea why Sup Forums bitches so much about it tbqh

Bait