Fav. game that came out this year so far?

Pic posted was mine

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=EVNsimgJYrA
reddit.com/r/nier/wiki/lore
youtube.com/watch?v=k_lgXlNVkBo
youtube.com/watch?v=JHQa1SA3EtI
youtube.com/watch?v=RlEGflonuZA
youtube.com/watch?v=mLDo-jHcvAQ
youtube.com/watch?v=sdVvgdVglOw
youtube.com/watch?v=pONkmj4trhE
youtube.com/watch?v=RfXoyKvxUTw
youtube.com/watch?v=3UnK5rw_6hM
youtube.com/watch?v=KouVPiIRFls
youtube.com/watch?v=x7GJp23bQK8
youtube.com/watch?v=SpkPet9dtl0
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Have you read the side material?

>nier autoundertale

NieR: Autismo

youtube.com/watch?v=EVNsimgJYrA

Tragically underrated.

Not op, but curious, which material?

nier is so bad

Yakuza 0, then Persona 5...only for the soundtrack.

Lot of games I liked this year but this is far and away the one that made me most excited.

Concerts, stage play, timeline, etc.

Here's a list:
reddit.com/r/nier/wiki/lore

Out of all the games I played it has to go to BOTW. Looking forward to Mario Odyssey and Danganronpa V3 and hoping they can surpass it

OP talking.
Damn I got alot to read

People may accuse Automata of being overrated, but nothing is more overrated than 2B's design. I like her design, but you'd think everyone fawning over her ass have never seen a big ass in their lives. It's not that special.

Automata would be better recieved if it wasnt for 2B' butt. It draws too much attention and result in a lot of "lol, you just played it for the ass"

Persona 5

I just realized Tekken 7 actually came out a couple months ago and I don't even play it anymore. I guess it technically is my favorite game this year because it's the only new game I got
At least, until I get GR2. Since I've finally 100% the first one

I can't remember what I played this year.

The majority of people in NA threads here likely haven't seen a decent butt in-person.

Automata would have been better if 9S's story was intertwined with A2's playthough.

The design is objectively great and very distinctive.

I'll have to agree with that. Ass was a great marketing tool but it became a meme and it deminished the game's value.

>check out this game, it has a great story and gameplay
>2B's ass visible half the time

>great gameplay
Shallow combat that is horribly balanced, Korean MMO tier fetch quests, empty world littered with invisible walls and the ability to consume items from a menu is not what's called 'great gameplay' user.

It was okay, but I enjoyed Yakuza Zero much more.

Wasn't it like that in the game?

I remember being able to choose who i wanted to play next during route c

It is a great design, but it's not God's gift to man just because she has a nice ass. I will say that you could accuse all of the combat models in YoRHa of looking a bit too nice considering their job, but I do understand why they look that way and don't have a problem with it, though I wouldn't blame someone if they did.

Should I buy Nier now off of Steam or wait till it goes on sale?

Surprisingly I could find little info on this subject. All machines units in the game have that round modular head you see on everything in the game. Why does Pascal look and function very differently?

I had fun with it.

I think it was great for a ARPG and varied if you were willing to experiment with different weapons and pod programs.

>horribly balanced

I agree with you on that. It was really easy to become overleveled during your 1st playthrough

wait. its honestly so bad.
this guy is 100% right

Pascal's an older model. I think they changed their design to mimic Emil after fighting him because they thought he was some war god or something, hence the round heads, but I've never seen a source for that. He behaves differently because he's one of the machines that was made to think differently, like the forest king.

If you're interested then buy it, if you're not, don't.

have you played the original?

No, like 90% of Sup Forums I have not. That's the one with the dickgirl right?

This.

This game was nowhere nier as good as the original.

>P5
>Zelda
>Sonic
>Hollowed Knight
Shit/10

Only correct answer. Gotta love how people on this board think games like Nier Automata and fucking Persona 5 have a chance against BOTW at the game awards.

>Waaaa, I hate everything Sup Forums likes

Persona 5 ft. Lelouch from the JIBUN WOOOOO series

Prey

What a great, and constructive post.

Prey or Tekken

(You) seem mad.

She's got the perfect proportions for my taste and I like the french maid outfit. Also butt, therefore she is my waifu.

Yakuza 0 was also great.

you're the one who felt the need to call out people's GOTYs

>thread about your personal GOTY
>ALL OF YOU ARE WRONG THIS IS THE ONLY CORRECT ANSWER
>MUH AWARDS
Go suck off Dragon Age Cisquisitions tranny penis you autismo

My fav game may be tomorrow if it's better than the prequel

Yeah, pic related is her

Then research the game a little to see if you'll like it. It is a really weird experience and only similar to the original.

I loved it but there seems to be a some people that found it boring. Mostly on Sup Forums now that a think about it

>The Game Awards
>Mattering
jej. Also it was good but after spending heaps of time with both it and N:A I remember N:A a lot more fondly.

I wonder how ToCS3 will turn out too though.

really liked
>nier
>P5
>yakuza
but PUBG is the best this year, personally

>drive around doing nothing
>accidentally kill someone while backing up
this looks so fucking boring. How do you fuck up a Battle Royale rip-off this badly?

Nier Automata
Zelda BotW
Yakuza 0

I can't fucking decide fuck.

It's looking like it will be Yakuza Kiwami 2, which comes out in December.

This.

This was not only the best game of the year, for me it was probably the best one in years actually.

The plot was better than any movie or fiction I have ever known about, literally the embodiment of testosterone and hype.

youtube.com/watch?v=k_lgXlNVkBo

youtube.com/watch?v=JHQa1SA3EtI

youtube.com/watch?v=RlEGflonuZA

youtube.com/watch?v=mLDo-jHcvAQ

Is it alright to start with 0 or should I just get the remake of the first one tomorrow?

FUCK

Holy shit dude, if they manage to get what was great about 2, usually seem as the best Yakuza game after Zero... I hope they don't fuck this up.

why are you so afraid of completely unscripted, improvisational gameplay?

1- Resident evil 7
2- Horizon
3- Botw

0 is a prequel so i suggest starting with that

because I like to be entertained, and a college student's comp sci thesis isn't my idea of fun.

I did, problem?

you're not being entertained enough

It is OK to start with Zero, don't listen to nostalgia fags.

I started with 0 and after that played though 1, 2, 3, 4 and recently finished 5. The only problem is that 0 is the best one out there, but if you end up falling in love with the series as I did while playing 0, you will want to know everything and not care about playing the older ones.

Well, you won't even need to though since Kiwami is already out and Kiwami 2 will be delicious and fucking beautiful in the dragon engine.

Yakuza 3 was great, 4 and 5 was a bit less fun for me because they added too many characters, though the problem might be that I am a total fag for Kiryu.

Have more OSTs:

youtube.com/watch?v=sdVvgdVglOw

youtube.com/watch?v=pONkmj4trhE

youtube.com/watch?v=RfXoyKvxUTw

Shill your meme flavor of the month game more, please

>horribly balanced
What?
>fetch quests
Maybe a few but they literally all have dialogue that contributes to the narrative
>empty world littered with invisible walls
Alright
>ability to consume items
Nobody goes in expecting N:A to be a rite of passage for hardcore games or anything. It's not meant to be challenging, but it can be if you don't intentionally cheese your way through it.

but it's been more than a month

Alright thanks, I'll start 0 right now. I've been meaning to get into the series for a while and now seems like the best time to get into it with the new games and remakes coming out.

Also isn't there one where I can only get a digital copy of?

hollow knight followed by spla2n

give it another 3 and we'll see how well it's doing

>Running and hiding: the game
>Don't honk at the wrong guy: the game
>Crawl in the grass: the game
naaaah

I played both and was bored out of my mind with Zelda. Its cute but its just a polished open world game.

N:A is a far more unique experience.

Styx shards of darkness

That is some stiff animation an a heck of poo pants waddle going on there.

sure thing

i don't like it either because i fell they are taking away good, clean fun from this game, but it's really hard to get banned. like, a person would have to try to get banned as they hop in and out of games --which they track, apparently -- in search for their "target" streamer

I think it'll be okay. The new engine was okay in 6 when they patched it. Wasn't anywhere near as bad as it was in the demo.

I forgot about RE:7, that really should be contender.
Horizon was fun but it fell too hard into the open world memes. It would have been great if it was still fun to play after beating it.

I bought mine from PSN, ended up paying full price for it and it was totally worth it.

youtube.com/watch?v=3UnK5rw_6hM

youtube.com/watch?v=KouVPiIRFls

youtube.com/watch?v=x7GJp23bQK8

youtube.com/watch?v=SpkPet9dtl0

>RE7
>Contender
You mean the game that's first person, doesn't use tank controls, doesn't have pre rendered backgrounds, turns into an action game at the end, is suffocatingly linear, only has one play through, doesn't have any fun modes like One Dangerous Zombie, has underwhelming puzzles, that Resident Evil?

You could choose who to play as, but A2 was just fucking around killing time until the story demanded she go up in the tower so that she could fight 9S for the climactic final battle. Their stories were barely intertwined, A2 could've spent all that time hanging with the drug addicts and it would've been the same.

Didn't really do much for me. Still think the first game is better. Pic related was cool, but I still have to go with Yakuza Zero. That cabaret minigame was the fucking best.

>Nobody goes in expecting N:A to be a rite of passage for hardcore games or anything

Yeah, but they made the combat completely pointless by letting you spam healing items.

I completely ignored healing items during fights in my 2nd playthrough and the game felt much more fun.

I'm in a rut with this game. I'm in the third chapter. I like the story, the fighting, the cities.. but it just feels really easy and linear. Is it not for me? Or does it get better?

Yeah, I'm on the fence. I actually really like the distinctive style of their overall designs, but it's kind of bittersweet that Taro's game finally got some attention just for a lot of people to make 2B's arse the focal point of it.

You need to explore the city to find the sidequests and minigames, also as you progress the game you open up more things to do

He's not wrong about the balance. You can break the game with any number of chips and even just leveling up normally will make you way stronger than you need to be.

Literally the only game I've ever disliked enough to refund

I've really only played 3 games from 2017 so far:
>Hollow Knight
Loved it, best metroidvania of the past decade. Maybe my favorite ever. Unironic 9.5 / 10, maybe a 10 even.
>BotW
Didn't grab me, I think I was burned out on open world when I played it. From the 10 or so hours I played before dropping it, seemed like one of the best open world games but not really my cup of tea. I never had any attachment to zelda, so I don't care about the departure. I'll come back to it sometime, maybe next year.
>PUBG
It's fun, not much else to say. Objectively like a 7, lots that could be improved on.

Only other games from this year I'm interested in are Persona 5, which I think I'll love, and Nioh, which I expect to like.

2017 has been excellent so far.

Picking up Yakuza Kiwami in a few hours, can't wait.