Why aren't you playing HearthStone?

Why aren't you playing HearthStone?

Other urls found in this thread:

dota2.gamepedia.com/Random_distribution
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

i don't see the appeal of card games

It's not enjoyable and I'm not a brainlet enough to fall for their skinner box addiction tricks.

Because this game is superior.

Unless you like Arena it seems like a massive waste of time until you put money into it

boycotting blizzard

Because it's a shitcunt game made by shitcunt Jews for lowest common denominator shitcunt retards.

I do. Started playing a couple of months ago. I wish I'd been playing all this time, seems like I'll never be able to catch up to veterans who have been gathering cards over the years

p2w garbage

The game is an RNG shitfest. There's a reason why they don't show you your w/l ratio.

too busy playing the superior game that' nowhere near as random or jewish

The positive is that after two years, cards rotate out of the game. So 2 years from when you started playing, no one will have a time advantage on you. The big one though is a year from now. The Gadzetan expansion or whatever the fuck it was called, was super overpowered. When that rotates out a year from now, players like you and me who started recently will be in a much better position.

Is the full version out or is it still the beta?

>tfw rank 3 but dont feel like grinding for legend at the last minute

Some helpful advice to anyone who plays this. The casual matchmaking (not ranked) has a hidden MMR system. Because of that, you can surrender over and over to tank your MMR and get matched with braindead retards. It's very helpful for completing quests faster.

>Playing inferior knockoffs

still in open beta. Season 1 just ended yesterday and a huge patch is about to hit in 1-2 days

At least when companies jewed me out of my money as a kid for trading cards they had the decency to trick me into thinking it was an investment because I could sell them.

Hearthstone doesn't even pretend like they aren't fucking you in the ass.

Also Gwent is better.

It feels like it would take months of grinding or hundreds of dollars to actually put together a couple decks I would want.

Don't see the point.

because I disenchanted all of my favorite cards and made a pirate deck out of rage.

Why are you doing that?

after playing magic I prefer it to hearthstone

I wish legacy wasn't so expensive to play

used to like them a lot, don't like what they've become

What have they become, user?

I have a lot of self hatred.

But not THAT much

the chinese cartoon version of it is better

it got boring and my deck became outdated.

I took a break over Christmas, and realized I hated it. Terrible game.

Yeah that's true but I'm also gonna feel like shit in 2 years when all the cards I grinded and spent my gold on rotate out

did you try Eternal?
Its the closest game to Magic that I played

casual shit

New expac sucks, which is a shame because Wrath had some awesome themes.
>no Gunship battle
that right there is some bullshit.

I downloaded it a few weeks ago, because I had an MTG itch I wanted to scratch. It's pretty fun! I'm not a complete idiot so I would never try to buy enough cards to play competitively, just like I would never play MTG competitively. But as far as making decks and playing against friends and quickmatch randos goes, it's pretty fun!

Costs too much. I have bought all expansions, spent $150 on packs and have disenchanted every wild only card and I can craft a grand total of 4 decks this expansion.

It's popular so I don't like it

>Tfw I'm under six layers of Fatigue but it doesn't matter because I got a full board of 3/6 lifesteals and can beat the fuck out of this little Priest shit no matter how many times he heals himself
Lich Jaina best Jaina

>Buzzwords

too hard to get back into since I havent played the expansions and gotten the OP cards

Because druids and priests. I can't even be arsed to get to rank 5 this month.

my enemy

M8...wtf. All I've spent is $5 for the starter packs and I'm able to build competent decks with packs I'm getting with gold

You're doing it wrong. Why are you even bothering to play if you're not going to spend all of your NEETbux to craft flavor of the week meta decks?

1. Game's boring.
2. Game's slow.
3. Game's unbalanced.
4. Game's too expensive.
5. Quests are annoying and shitty.
6. Too little free stuff.

Tragedy is that it kind of seemed like it was improving with the newest expansion, it just didn't improve nearly enough. They REALLY need to revamp quests completely and do it six months ago.

>and do it six months ago.
The eternal irony of HS. What's the point of making a digital cardgame, if you never take advantage of that to balance?

>"casual game"
>takes hundreds of dollars investment so you can get enough cards to build interesting decks

it's a failure in game design

how the fuck it's so popular I'll never know

You should try forgotten lore

Faster paced. Balanced. Cheap. No RNG. No pay2win aspect.

Only downside is very few players.

I don't play daily so I get punished with missing out on quests and outside of quests you get fuck all gold playing.

I highly doubt you're able to craft anything you want with only spending $5 on the game. Even streamers who buy hundreds of packs each expansion can't craft all the legionaries they want until a few weeks after the expansion comes out.

because I play it all the time at work

>I highly doubt you're able to craft anything you want with only spending $5 on the game.

Uh...yeah. That's true. You do know that you can make decks with cards you already have, right?

TCGs were a brilliant invention. Absolutely nothing capitalizes on autism as well as they do. Regular people get to make decks, play the game, and have fun, while the company gets bankrolled by autists buying hundreds of cards to get the specific ones they need for their meta nonsense.

>you can get enough cards to build interesting decks

You mean you can't netdeck. It's possible to build interesting decks but they won't be "the best".

>pay to win games are a good invention because I get to play for free because I'm terrible at them

>I can't have fun playing a game unless I'm playing 100% optimized decks I found on the internet.

Thank you, kind user. Without you TCGs wouldn't make any money.

>People complain about paying Hearthstone having some kind of pseudo paywall
>When MtG has singles that cost more than some HS decks logistically cost
Anyone who complains about money in HS is a fucking baby when it comes to TCGs.

Shut the fuck up Spike, go back to your Oldrazi.

Fable Fortune is literally Hearthstone 2.0 with better mechanics. Unless it complete fails it's launch I'm going to keep playing the beta.

Yea man let me play in this anyone accessable MTG tournament with a cash payout.
Then sell the cards after I am done with them.
Or trade some of my cards to friends to complete decks or even borrow cards.

Im sure you can do all that in hearthstone right?

Because in order for me to get back into the game I would have to spend upwards of $150

I don't enjoy getting crushed because I randomly matched up with a person that totally hard counters me or because I got bad draws.
I don't enjoy winning because I got amazing draws or because I randomly got put in a match with someone I totally hard counter.

i used to but in order to stay competitive you have to spend money or play every single day to stockpile for the next expansion

it's super paytowin, it was too much work

>Implying you can get any of those cards without paying
>Implying you'll win that tournament when Spike exists in every hobby shop and club
Yeah sure buddy.

I hate how the cards are locked to heroes and I hate heroes and theyr abilities they should have been cards.

>Implying it won't be store credit
>Implying 99% of your cards are worth anything
>Implying you have friends

Also fuck set rotation.

You have a very romanticized version of MtG is you believe that stuff can be done without dishing out some hefty cash

cause warlock sucks rn

I like Elder Scrolls Legends more

Any cheap Hearthstone deck will be an aggro deck. Hence the ungodly amount of Pirate Warriors and Midrange Hunters on the ladder.

I tried really hard to make a budget Ramp Druid, but there's just too much risk of a shitty opening hand and what your lategame is meager (what, 2 Ironbark Protectors? A C'thun with some paltry support?)

I mean, I like my janky Steward of Darkshire Moroes Paladin or outdated Harvest Golem Zoolock, but I ain't winning much with those.

Cant afford to fork over hundreds of bucks every time an expansion drops just to stay on top of the meta

I've been playing on and off for around a year. You have to spend a lot of money to be competitive and still have fun, like any card game. And the meta gets really stale after a couple months of a new expansion.

I liked it on LoE. Then they buffed Shaman a lot, then they fucked my bois Uther and Rexxar, since Uther rotates between cancer or shit and Hunter isn't allowed to have nice things

Then I realized you can't use the cards for anything, they're worth nothing IRL, balance is fucked, powercreep runs rampant to sell packs, art is mediocre/bad and Blizzard's way of balancing is giving everyone a turn to be the big guy every 1 or 2 expansions, everything gets resolved by attacking and outvaluing with the newer bullshit cards. I heard the Dino expansion was kinda nice but they fucked it all up again

I tried Shadowverse but it was more of the same. Then I gave up and sold my soul and wallet to Wizards of the Coast.

Hey guys, have you ever tried playing the game for fun? I might be crazy but, I think that maybe you will actually have fun that way.

I tried and no it's not fun it's just frustrating specially on the deck building side.

If magic is so great then why is there zero worth while magic games?

YGO and magic have nothing in common desu

I just watch Day9 play it. He's fucking horrible at it but he's comfy.

This game has been fucking great. I have 5000 gems saved up and now that I know whats in the next mini box ill save up even more.

Because it's Yugioh for retards.

Can't wait for the extradeck cards to fuck things up.When stardust dragon drops get dimensional prisons or any battle card that banishes that fucker is going to render destruction effects useless.

>When stardust dragon drops

Thats a fucking LONG way down the road man. GX hasn't even started yet. We haven't even gotten the Yugi Moto or Arkana unlock events yet.

I have fun with it whenever I play, but if you want to make actual progress you have to play every day and I can't do that kind of commitment

Boooooooooooooring, plus I don't own a mobile device

>mfw priest is actually one of the best classes for once in history

Cuz i can't get past rank 17 with my f2p green beatdown deck

>Diablo 3
>SC2
>WoW
'nuff said.

Gx just started numb nuts you guys got cyberdragon.

My nigga.

FPBP

>return to hearthstone after a few years
>reach rank 20 with priest
>queue vs Druid
>Druid ramps perfectly with jades
>Druid plays that stupid 5 of everything while im at 6-7 mana
>i uninstall

Ya know since its a card game they could do something interesting things, like increase the chances of drawing cards = to your max mana or add pseudo rng like DOTA ... But they don't, none of them do.

DUELYST was the closest thing to interesting in this weird card game craze and I still don't play them

but I am
tfw spent $100 on this "f2p" game so far
I forgot how much of a fucking fiend I am for card games until I picked this up again recently

user what is shandallar?

I quit like 2-3 expansions ago. It's a card game if you take all the shit that makes it fun away. There's no chat options, you can't trade, the friendlist is a mess, and everyone is a net-decking asshole.

Even when I got my shit kicked in at YGO by S tier decks when I used my C and B tier decks I had fun because of banter and whatnot and I could walk on over to the guy running the shop and trade my cards for something else. Hearthstone is what happens when you go full jew and try to profit at every step of the way. There's no starter decks and the community is fucking cancer and talking to people is fucking terrible and obnoxious because of the UI.

Literally more fun just playing duel links or on cockatrice. You'd think they'd come up with more interesting mechanics since it's digital but they instead used it to do RNG bullshit.

>pseudo rng like DOTA
There are cards that do 2-4 damage if that's what you're talking about

>increase the chances of drawing cards = to your max mana
It was one of brawls. Perfect curve, was it called?

The game might be good again in 8 months when gadgetzan rotates out. We are 2 expansions past gadgetzan and it's still defining the entire fucking game.

>There's no chat options
Seriously. Social interaction is like 90% of a card game, so it baffles me that no digital card games get it right.

I want a Yugioh game with voice chat so I can roleplay with my opponent like we did as kids on the playground.

Too much badly made RNG like "play a random monster", extremely unfriendly when it comes to giving away free stuff to new players to get into the game, extremely stingy when it comes to in-game currency. Shadowverse has all of these down perfectly and if Hearthstone wasn't designed to squeeze all the cash out of you, I might give it a try. again.

Was talking about pseudo-random distribution, in Dota say you have 25% crit chance, for every attack you don't crit your actual crit chance goes up and then resets to baseline once you do. This type of RNG was to prevent those extreme scenarios where some one crits 10x in a row or dodges every basic attack

Im saying that a computerized card game could do something similar, since this is not real decks. The problem with perfect curve would be you just build your entire deck around drawing that specific card on that turn. However if you add pseudo-random distribution its not a guarntee, just an increased overall likelihood

dota2.gamepedia.com/Random_distribution
This explains it better if you want to read more

Why do you think they don't already have this kind of thing? They're very secretive about their RNG, and it's not included into client in any way, server-side only.

I am user
I even made an alt account to get the murloc skin

No it didn't and no we didn't. We just got Marik.