Why did you meme me into playing this shit Sup Forums ? it's complete garbage, GIVE ME MY 25 HOURS BACK FAGGOTS

why did you meme me into playing this shit Sup Forums ? it's complete garbage, GIVE ME MY 25 HOURS BACK FAGGOTS

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=VKSpyNg-v2Q
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

because le hideous kojimbo is a god

Great thread.

it's the kind of game with many flaws but enough redeeming qualities, except the redeeming qualities part doesn't really hold up.

>hide thread

this, i actually got the real deal to play on my SP on a trip, nothing but disappointment, thank god i brought knightmare in dreamland with me (though replaying that got old fast)
>kojimbo
what does he have to do with anything ?

It has its flaws, yeah, but what didn't you like about it

You're thinking of Boktai, you dingus

2 is better, wandering the flat alchemy plate world in a flying boat is great no matter what game it's in. 1 just sets it up and has much less world to explore.

>play game for an hour
>its complete shit
>play for another hour
>still shit
>repeat for another 23 hours
you only have yourself to blame idiot

Which is actually a good game.

You weren't gonna be doing anything with those 25hours (or your life) anyway, faggot.

Never did fall for the GS meme, their previous JRPG was so fucking bad it put me off the devs.

It's mostly nostalgia faggotry, it had decent production values and it was one of the only JRPGs on the GBA at the time.

Don't blame me I always said it was shit

>plays a game for more than a day
>claims he doesn't like it
fuck outta here dude

>y-you don't say nothing b-bad about my favourite g-game you meanie

1 isn't that good (pretty average JRPG fare) but 2 is amazing.
They both have a lot of text for a GBA game though, so they aren't good for people with short attention spans or people who don't like reading.

Mario Tennis GBC is fucking great, you shut your whore mouth.

Literally a meme, I try to warn people but nostalgiafags keep crying if you imply it's not the bestest. Seriously though, Camelot/Sonic! Planning made a lot of quality JRPGs, but Golden Sun is like if Lunar Dragon Song grew a half competent battle system. There's just nothing interesting going on, it has no identity, and the characters aren't characters.

My advice is to start it back up, mash through the intro, and do the first lighthouse before Trent. The fight with Saturos when you only have a few Djinn is the most well balanced, difficult and fun fights in the entire series. Only time I ever died more than two times to a boss and had to actually form a strategy.

inb4 someone calls it a bad game because of its word count

Another kid with bad taste shit up the board: The post

Both games could have had scripts twice as long and turn out fantastic.

The problem is that it's long as fuck and has NOTHING to say. The characters don't have identity. There's a ton of rambling just for the game to tell you that different cultures interpret ESP and related phenomenon in different ways. You have subplots that start up just because and seem to exist to pad time rather than go anywhere or say anything. It's a fucking mess of a script.

That said, the game's problems extend far beyond just the writing.

Why are GS fanboys some of the most hypersensitive faggots around? Even Kingdom Hearts fans aren't this fragile.

youtube.com/watch?v=VKSpyNg-v2Q
Battle animations, Djinn system for classes and OST made the game GOAT for me.
Also there wasn't that many 2d games using those particle system animations on the system, it was impressive too.

Golden Sun itself is alright, but it's not quite the best Camelot has offered. The Lost Age though, that's a masterpiece. Giant world, tons of puzzles and shit to do, everything I wanted in a sequel.
Honestly though it should have stopped there, TLA was perfection for the most part as far as the series goes (DD was unneeded). I would prefer for Camelot to receive the reigns for Shining again and make another TRPG/JRPG hybrid like Shining Force, or another dungeon crawler like Shining in the Darkness. It's sad to know that the Camelot timeline for Shining is over and it's Tony Taka's beast now.

We told you it was shit, it's not our fault you didn't listen.

GS 1 2 and 3 are of equivalent quality.

GS1 is more linear compared to TLA, and DD has a lot of major flaws that aren't present in either of the previous two entries.

GS1 is smaller, shorter, less refined, and more linear.
GS2 I described in my post.
DD is VERY different in quality compared to the others. Various important PONRs that aren't given any warning and lock you out of stuff like Djinn are the most prominent flaws though.

It really is overrated, and I say that as someone who largely likes the games. At least the music is great.

Definitely not true.
2 >> 1 >>> 3

The only thing I remember about this game was the loads and loads of exposition. There's a part when you're in the cave of aleph and it just goes on and on and on forever. Bored me to fucking tears.