"Here is your pizza sir"

>"Here is your pizza sir"
>"Thank you"
>30 minutes later
>"What the hell are you doing?"
>"Adding pineapples to your pizza and removing the anchovies, it's a free update"
>"I didn't buy a pineapple pizza, this is no longer the product I payed for and would like a refund."

If it's not OK when it's done with physical products why are we OK when this is done to our games?

>Food analogy

dude food analogies lmao

Out of curiosity what games are like this?
Only game i can think of is San Andreas with their songs removed and such.

How many updates fundamentally change the base game to something completely different from the original?

Not to mention recalls for updates on physical products are very much a thing. Also anchovies are shit.

Truly the worst of all the analogies

>Get anchovies and mushrooms
>Hear the people over the counter shit talking it

>Anchovies

The fact that there is never an argument against food analogies is pretty good evidence that there is just hivemind hatred for them

This.

allow me to play doubles advocate here for a moment. For all intensive purposes I think you are wrong. In an age where false morals are a diamond dozen, true virtues are a blessing in the skies, and are more than just ice king on the cake. We often put our false morality on a petal stool like a bunch of pre-Madonnas, but you all seem to be taking something very valuable for granite.

So I ask of you to mustard up all the strength you can because it is a doggy dog world out there. Although there is some merit to what you are saying it seems like you have a huge ship on your shoulder. In your argument you seem to throw everything in but the kids Nsync, and even though you are having a feel day with this I am here to bring you back into reality.

I have a sick sense when it comes to these types of things. It is almost spooky, because I cannot turn a blonde eye to these glaring flaws in your rhetoric. I have zero taller ants when it comes to people spouting out hate in the name of moral righteousness. You just need to remember what comes around is all around, and when supply and command fails you will be the first to go.

Make my words, when you get down to brass stacks it doesn't take rocket appliances to get two birds stoned at once. It's clear who makes the pants in this relationship, and sometimes you just have to swallow your prize and accept the fax, instead of making a half-harded effort. You might have to come to this conclusion through denial and error but I swear on my mother's mating name that when you put the petal to the medal you will pass with flying carpets like it's a peach of cake.

>buy boiling water on amazon
>gets to home
>pour onto egg for 10 minutes
wahh wahh i bought cold egg

You agreed to the terms and services, dickhead.

how can he be so fucking fat with only one hand

>uuh dude
>what if like our games were pizzas
>and the updates were pineapples
>better make a thread on Sup Forums

What the fuck why would you do that to a pizza?

listen man, fast food is a shit job. they gotta keep up the bantz on the make line so they don't kill themselves tomorrow.
let them have this. and enjoy your pizza.

Anchovies taste bad at first but you get used to them real fast. I use them all the time to keep my housemates from stealing my pizza

How does losing a hand make you less of a fat fuck?

I'm not sure that should count as losing a few pounds.

No, they just usually oversimplify what they're trying to be analogous to.

In OP's example, a pizza is generally comprised of four main ingredients: crust, sauce, cheese, toppings. In most scenarios, the toppings is what differentiates one pizza from another -- yes, there are different crusts and shit but that isn't the point.

What I'm saying is, by changing the toppings, you are modifying no less than 25% of the product and most would argue significantly more since the topping is what "makes" a pizza.

How many video game updates actually fucking change that significant a portion of the game? That's essentially arguing, "I bought nuDOOM, there was an update and now it's Minecraft." It's still an FPS but the type of game you wanted to play has fundamentally changed.

That straight up doesn't fucking happen. It's a stupid analogy. Most food analogies are stupid. That is why people don't like them.

Yeah well human piss used to taste bad to me too until I got used to it, so what?

Not an argument.

The Valve dev philosophy

>30 minutes later

Do you need a food analogy to understand it?

maybe it's because they're always how can mirrors be real if our eyes aren't real-tier bait horseshit

He lost his hand because he's fat as shit. Diabetes is one terrible drug.

Okay, but why wouldn't you want pineapple? It's objectively better than anchovie, objectively better than pretty much every topping besides pepperoni. Stop bitching about free upgrades.

>b-b-but I WANTED my pizza to taste like ass!

No you didn't, you're just mad about not having control over every little thing in your sad, pathetic life.

You own the pizza, you don't own the digital product.

A recall doesn't involve the company sneaking into your house when you're asleep to replace the product you bought with something else, you moron. It's not even remotely comparable.

Pizzas have no free updates.

Food analogies are like McDonald food: they look good on paper but in practice they're dreadful and obnoxious and everyone's fed up with them.

>like anchovies on pizza
>like olives on pizza
>like pineapple on pizza
>you can pick the shit you don't like off of a pizza anyway but people still BITCH
fuck off, pizza doesn't need to cater to your needs

>"I don't like thing" is an argument now, apparently

You're supposed to cut up the anchovies and put them into the sauce, that way they impart a subtle savoriness. Not fucking eat them whole spread over the pizza.

Correct. Food analogies are generally a good idea - eating food is something that all people experience regularly and so it's a pretty safe bet that people will understand what you're getting at.

Mocking food analogies is pseudo-intellectual teenage virgin behavior.

kek

fatasses don't get their opinions validated here, put the twinkie down

the argument is that americans can't think of anything without bringing it back to food

Jokes on you. I'm okay with Pineapple Pizza.

obscened

I'm not hearing a no.

>you don't own the product you purchased with money

Just boil your own water and freeze the extra for later use.

>diabetes
>drug

american education

Why did you give him back the pizza, idiot?

>order a burger
>get a pile of shit
>but you haven't made an argument against the pile of shit, why are you complaining about it?

>I don't know any memes
>better blame americans

lurk more

All of those will leave flavors behind. Olives least of which but the pizza will fucking taste like pineapple and anchovies you twat.

Get your own pizza. Pizza doesn't cater to your needs.

Moral arguments based on laws are some dumb shit dude.

If Americans are so obsessed with food why is their food so shit?

Minecraft added hunger and food and that's when the game changed from adventuring/building to survival game. I think that analogy works now

It's your own fault for not pirating the pizza.

>Dave Chapelle joke
>Doesnt get it

EU Brain

>You own the pizza
For now. In a few years, we'll see.

>Not making your own pizza

I'd assume because you lose a good deal of efficacy when it comes to shoving food down your craw.

Unless you're talking about kickstarted you don't order a game in advance. You see the final product and decide whether to buy it. It's more like buying a pizza slice.

So do they only serve anchovies on pizza at local shops now?

Dave Chapelle humour is haram and against Sharia Law, why would we have it here in Europe?

You don't though.

Technically with digital copies that you access through a company's browser, the company owns your copy you just paid for digital access.

Hmm, now what company could I be referencing...

>memes
fuck off redditard

Food analogies are retarded, however the problem of developers updating a product you paid for removing features without your consent is an issue. Take the fucking PS3 for example and Sony. Too bad that lawsuit didn't result in anything more than Phat owners getting 20 bucks.

That's not a stump, it's just his thumb held closer to the camera.

My brother once ordered a pizza with alfredo sauce and salami. I would've loved to see the staff reaction to that.

>topping is what makes the pizza
Spoken like a true pleb.

Analogies are not arguments.

Food analogies are even worse, because they're not even directly comparable to video game business practices.

So if we're still going by the food analogy user's got going.
Then Dominos or whatever pizza company would be mad cause you stole their pizza if you just made your own.

>If Americans are so obsessed with food why is their food so shit?
You only think American food is shit because of the internet. You've never been to America and you've never personally eaten anything homecooked in America or restaurant cooked in America. Admit that.

They can have their bantz when they stop putting fucking mayo on my chicken sandwiches when I told them not to

Because it's beyond retarded
Food is a specified product, you are literally supposed to get the whole dish you ask for unless you specified to take or add something. In no reality something like OP would happen.

Not everything is as simple as food

Sorry bruh, maybe if you were a cooler person they'd respect you more.

>food analogies thread
end all of your lives

But in reality they don't care if some guy is busy making their own pizza. Food analogies don't really work for this game industry talk, huh?

I've been to the USA two or three times (for long periods) and I've been living in NA for over a decade.

99.9% of food analogies posted here are false equivalencies, and are pretty much exclusively used to shitpost. Dismissing them out of hand is good practice around here.

Are you retarded? They're logical proofs that take your opinion on one thing and transpose it onto another in an attempt to make you change your mind about it. They're undeniably arguments.

Stop

>Food analogy
>Food analogy Unironically

I wouldn't go so far as to say "changed from" since those other elements are there but I'll give you that it changes a significant aspect of the game. Even then, can it not be disabled? I don't play Minecraft.

I'm pretty sure you can also roll back to old builds can't you? Also, wasn't it advertised early on or from the start as adding Survival elements eventually?

If we were to say it can't be disabled, can't be rolled back and was never advertised at the outset as adding survival, sure, it's a significant enough departure.

So, fine, it very rarely happens and maybe in that scenario, I could see you maybe asking for a refund if it really, truly detrimented your enjoyment of the game.

>They're logical proofs
>logical
lol

Maybe I would be a cooler person if they STOPPED PUTTING MAYO ON MY CHICKEN SANDWICHES

better food analogy
>here's your pizza sir
>what the fuck? where's my pepperoni
>you only get pepperoni if you preorder. sorry!
alternatively
>here's your pizza sir
>what the fuck? where's my pepperoni?
>we downgraded you to cheese
>your commercial showed pepperoni on the pizza
>uhhh, so?
alternatively
>here's your pizza sir
>what the fuck? where's my pepperoni?
>itll be here in a few hours and costs $15 more
>i already paid for a pepperoni pizza
>so?

None of these work. Stop with the food analogy and just go straight to the point.

looks like you fell into the fatal loop
you'll never be cool, I am sorry

>shit
>Literally a culmination of foods from all over the world in one country

You're marking out for your own gimmick now.

Minecraft was still being developed though. There was no clear indicator of what the game would end up being.

wow user you are right after OP used pizza toppings to express his frustration with the current state of the industry i now acknowledge him as an intellectual, 10/10 point made

>All food is American food.
Get your imperialism out of here.

Here's an argument:
If I purchase a digital product in some sort of form and the game is significantly changed through updates, then there should be some sort of consumer right against getting fucked over by updates.
Imagine tomorrow Player Unknown updates his game with a complete overhaul, it's now a white guilt simulator. You play as a whitey and you have to serve blacks to repent for your white sins.
That's far from the original game it's vision
I understand there may be complications, like in a scenario where someone refunds a game they legitimately enjoyed before that update.

inb4: he bought digital hehe xd COD LOL

>All food is American food
Are you also retarded? You clearly lack a proper education since you can't read certain words in my post.

>food analogy uses "preorder" and "downgraded"
that's not an analogy. Just stop. Jesus christ

nothing wrong with pineapple on pizza.

Because you don't own the game, you use a license to be allowed to play it.

>oh boy pizza hut says itll make a super deluxe pepperoni pizza if they get 500k on kickstarter
>*pizza comes out*
>its just pepperoni on bread

oh believe me, it's not that we don't get it, it's just that OP is a huge faggot. And that his food analogy makes no sense.

upgrade/downgrade isnt exclusive to video games and you can order pizzas in advance to picking them up too user