What are some games that this word applies to?

What are some games that this word applies to?

that word doesn't exist
check this 9

Demon's Souls
Dark Souls
Dark Souls 2
Dark Souls 3
Bloodborne

League of Legends
DotA 2

Overwatch

PUBG

If i think i'm having fun, doesn't that mean i'm having fun?

Dragon Quest VII
And I love Dragon Quest by the way
I wasted 70 hours on that unfun garbage grindfest
Also, Fire Emblem Echoes
Got 12 hours in before realizing I wasn't having any fun whatsoever

I don't like thing so therefore it's nu-thing.

That's how stupid you sound, OP.

How does one get 'deluded' into having fun?

"fun is a buzzword" --Sup Forums

fpbp

Every Call of Duty post-MW3, but a couple titles are arguable
PUBG
Every Battlefield since BF1942
Every MOBA ever

Overwatch isn't even Nu-fun. It's just a piece of shit nobody likes but some people play it anyways because they think someone out there gives a fuck about their rank.

any and all clickers/timewasters

Any scripted sequence. I feel so joyless when I play them.

Any game where if you removed the reward for doing something the game wouldn't be "fun" anymore, basically a gameplay not fun by itself. See any collect 100 whatever bullshit, as long as you are rewarded for doing it people convince themselves it was "fun".

Just call them what they are, popular. Sup Forums has hated popular games for years, you don't need to make up new buzzwords to justify it.

Kill yourself faggot.

>grindfest
Of all the things to criticize, that is the most absurd. If you grind, the game becomes trivial. In fact, the game never gives you the opportunity to fully explore the job system unless you go out of your way to grind as much as possible.

You mean achievements? I find the challenge created by the game devs that isn't actually part of the game can be pretty fun. I also used to set challenges for myself long before achievements though like only using a certain weapon or being under time pressure.

/thread

Dead by Daylight?

Loot gaems

what's the difference between being tricked into enjoying yourself and enjoying yourself

>the game never gives you the opportunity to fully explore the job system unless you go out of your way to grind as much as possible.
exactly.

knowledge

The word you are looking for actually is brainwashed. Games these days follow a very cult-like behavior where the developer tells you that if you're not playing it, then you're not cool and you should be ashamed of yourself. The devs coax you into this by having specific marketing to get you to realize this, creating this stigma where you think everyone is playing it, so inevitably, everyone ends up playing it cause they think they are going to miss the wave of popularity. It's not hard to sway consumers who act on a company loyalty basis. What's hard is getting them to not only think for themselves, but to play other games that may actually be good or better.

autism

/thread

QTE

Where the reward for playing lies.

If it's after you've done the thing, you're pretty much being tricked. If it's done while playing, then you're having genuine fun.

Most MOBAs sit in the first one.

Most Action/Cuuhrraaazy games fall into the second.

Tai pls

look up the term Skinner Box

You can't think you're having fun but not be.
You just have fun, or you don't.

Fuck off

You can see this is so many games released this year too. Exploiting gamers with
>open world meme (BotW, Horizon)
>sexualisation (Nier, Overwatch)
>nostalgia/being reminiscent of something old (Sonic Mania, Cuphead)
It's pure mob mentality. The only reason why these games get circlejerked so much. We didn't have this back then.

>NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO STOP CALLING ME OUT
no

This post could have been summed up with "believing in marketing"

This.

Nothing happens unless your Q is up: the game

Boring as fuck really.

Don't mind me just here to post this

>That feeling in your mind isn't actually fun, you have tricked yourself into thinking it is fun. You actually hate the game you call fun
(you) have to go back

I wish I never found this place so I could just play Madden and Destiny with my friends on a console and have a blast.

Any Jap game.
Any first party Sony game.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
#truth

Elite Dangerous.
>The same people who claim they're enjoying the game need to have netflix playing on a second monitor while playing it

Alternatively you could just not be a little bitch and care what Sup Forums of all places thinks

GEARS OF WAR

Literally every ps4 game except BB.

/thread

Liking popular games is one thing but liking nu-popular games is unacceptable.