FFXIV colonel

>FF14 players keep memeing that SMN is bad
>2nd and 4th fastest V3S kills have a SMN
>Fastest Exdeath kill has a SMN
>5th fastest Neo kill has a SMN

Can we finally end this stupid meme now?

Inflating your parse with adds doesn't count

all these fucking years and I can still hear that fucking grandma and grandpa

>maintenance is when I get off work
>it ends when it's 4 fucking AM

>for a patch that only adds PvP changes

REMOVE YOSHI

>Exdeath
>Adds

How retarded are you

For the guy asking for SMN guide without 20 pages of pure unfiltered autism.

Ruin I is never to be used unless you're around 30% mp and having to conserve.
Ruin II is used when needing to get damage out while weaving OGCD's (Bahamut phase for example)
Ruin III should be spammed in DWT but also if you have >50% of your mp still
Ruin IV's are automatic but must be used ASAP as the proc doesn't stack

Just keep DoT's up. Keep Ifrit on Sic unless you have a way more casters than other dps, then Garuda (will only happen maybe 3% of the time). Always Enkindle while roused. Make sure to Tri-disaster either right at the start or right before both Bahamut and DWT.
Getting to Bahamut is top priority so don't be afraid of using your aetherflow stacks like (Fester, Energy Drain/Painflare, Fester). You CAN wait for triple fester but generally the more DWT's and Bahamuts you get out will always out dps a third fester.

I can't think of much else. It's not so bad once you get used to when to use your ruins and the general flow. Also learning to watch your mp like a hawk and knowing when it's safe to throw out another unbuffed Ruin III helps a lot. You always want enough mp to resummon your pet in case it dies.

>Elezen uptight over hyur/elezen relations
>Meanwhile catfuckers and lalashits getting together and nobody bats an eye

What the fuck is this game even, that fucking woman is less than half your size what the flying fuck

This is the kind of advice that will teach a player nothing about how to play SMN and actually do good damage.

In fact, most of this is straight up wrong and retarded.

If this is the effort you're going to put into it, please play a braindead job like RDM instead of contributing to SMN's poor reputation.

>Beyond Savage will be as hard as SCOB savage
Just watch, the leddit and OF cucks will still be crying about it being too hard even after they were warned about it's difficulty.

savage 24 man when

>Nothing but PvP changes this patch
>Everything except RDM and SAM nerfed

Why am I not surprised?

>8 hours of downtime for this shit

RDM were beyond shit at pvp, I mean even with the current changes they still are but its definitely a good improvement.

read the maintenance page again, they're also doing backend infrastructure stuff to prepare for 4.1

Okay I will ignore that then. Point me in the direction of a good summoner guide then that isn't 25 pages long please.

>we might get 5-6 major patches of more *clenches fist*

I don't see the issue with , It's not comprehensive sure but those are ok tips for start off with.

>do content with a smn
>die because bahamut was hiding the aoe on me
Fuck smn, play blm

We need to make summons BIGGER

this, summoners are cool in classic FF games because they summoned go-fuck-yourself huge beings that blew up the screen. but THOSE summons are the big bad bosses now, so you only get to use their table scraps.

>he doesn't like jell-o summons

How will they fix SCH in 4.1?

>5.5 hours more
This infrastructure stuff for 4.1 better be for testing so we don't get 10000 maintenance after 4.1.

>cross server friends
>cross server tells
>expanding inventory
Some decent things. Disappointed though they didn't get the "999" items per stack they were saying in time.

If they ever do the "999" stack (I'm smelling bullshit though) it'll be a godsend for retainers, but knowing that, they'll still want their shekels somehow.

Delete it along with SMN.

Buff Lily's tits and ass

Nerf AST.

Make Succor not the most pathetic spell in the game

Real talk now, how would you implement huge summons without raids/pvp being even more of a clusterfuck of effects? One can barely see the boss at raids with party effects toned down, how would that even look with chad summons.

And Adloquium. SCH big problem is its dogshit at regular non aetherflow healing

>buff succ
>nerf employment tactic

reduce the rediculous mp costs or buff aetherflow mp gain

That reminds me how I can't see shit for a few seconds when the RDM uses LB3 in O3S.

damage mitigation is sch's "thing" id hate to see it tuned to be a pure healer

Well, now what do I do?

make summons work like Wanderer's Minuet/Pitch Perfect

Move on to a better game

It'd be nice if SCH shields weren't fucking shit where you're begging for crits

Why not make the smn actually become the summon and have a new skillset for a brief time

I wonder why you got banned.

Did you tell a healer to dps

>wowbabies constantly in xiv threads

>Not just turning the camera

Honestly, whenever I see footage of someone playing the game and their camera is just a static top-down view I wonder how slow these people are in the head. I never even let go of the right mouse button while playing, my camera is constantly moving to give the best viewing angle and perfect raid awareness.

Because the name of the job is summoner. That's a completely different job concept.

>AST mitigates better than the mitigation healer
>No other mitigation outside two shield spells and a terrible aoe aetherflow ability
>Best SCH skills are oGCD heals
What did Square mean by this?

SERVERS ARE UP

ITS REAL

Realize that over half of the playerbase, mostly the intelligent half, has been banned from that shithive of a forum for literal years. Why do you think Reddit is the main discussion hub for the game and not the forums?

What did you do by the way? I agreed with a guy who didn't want Steps of Faith nerfed, and was banned for "contributing to a negative atmosphere" or something to that effect. It was my first ever moderation on the forums, and I still got the same message about "repeated warnings" that you did. The moderation team is just corrupt as fuck.

The first time was telling a dumb cat player Royal Menagerie isn't impossible if you actually use brain cells. Second time was telling a dumb lala to get over themselves. Third time is a mystery because it was for a post that was never stated on a date where it would have been impossible to make a post because I was banned.

So in short, upsetting cats and lalas.

it's a faaaaake

>arrstatus

>mechanically great static forces you to play a class you hate
What do?

>not doing what you like in a video game
find a new static

pug everything like a real man

bend over for them, bitch boy. you want those clears dont you?

Blackest Night is such a fucking ridiculous spell. It has to be one of the top 5 best in the game, if not the very best.

>gets banned from a forum
>claims to have done nothing wrong
Every time.

Did they also force ERP you too?

Well, it's not like you're really missing out on anything

i cant imagine going back to pre 70 dark, blackest night is fantastic

>start going through stormblood MSQ as SMN
>finally get the hang of it, doing decent dps in dungeons
>a fucking samurai or black mage shows up and just melts everything
oh
Thanks for subscribing to my blog guyz

When did he say he did nothing wrong?

>Activate TBN
>Stand close to proximity based AOEs
>laugh it off
Truly one of the greats

>Reddit
Upvotes are a plague and I hate the idea of every discussion devolving into who can put out the most passive aggressive snark and avoid a ban. Granted, it's exactly what forums are, but it's also the place where ideas were effectively listened to and questions answered.

I just so happened to be unable to ignore how stupid people were along the way and felt compelled to say something.

>claims to have done nothing wrong
Where?

All I remember was T7S being frustrating sometimes and not because it was hard but because RNG decided to fuck you over

>XIV PVP despite being awful has a dedicated community
>SE actually does balancing patches for them
>Majority: WOOOW USELESS PATCH TOOK ME 10 MINUTES TO READ THAT IT WAS ACTUALLY FOR PVP

Was it 'tism?

>T7S
>RNG
But the only RNG there was Renaud spawn position and who gets Shriek

So I'm dropping SMN and I'm just going to main RDM until the end times. Fuck this overcomplicated mess of a job. At least RDM can be fun if albeit a bit boring.

Do DoTs keep ticking during Invuln phases (i.e Decisive Battle)?

>People dismissing thing they don't like that other people like and claim time and resources are being wasted on thing they don't like

Just looks like another average day really.

BLM is the true caster master race

Might be true but my RDM is only 2 levels behind my SMN and BLM I haven't even touched yet.

Sentinel or Cavalry set?

RDM is super boring. Let's hope 5.0 changes that.

Hey, guys, serious question here.

I've been wanting to ask it for a while now, but I wasn't sure how to word it.

Hopefully you'll understand what I mean by it.

Okay, here goes...

Juggler class when?

are those... are those leopard print pauldrons and lining?

touch BLM and realize what you've been missing this entire time

after about 40 levels

my nigger

The way Bard songs work now would have been a great way for summons to work on SMN, each one would last a certain amount of time and interact with the skill set in different ways, Y/Y?

Sentinel, cavalry has a weird body piece and the helmet is gay

>Red Mage
>HP - Increased from 10,000 to 11,000.
>Veraero - Potency increased from 1,500 to 1,750.
>Verthunder - Potency increased from 1,500 to 1,750.
>Impact - Potency increased from 1,750 to 2,000.
>Manafication - Recast time reduced from 60 to 45 seconds.
Haha, time for Battle Fever!

post more

>leopard
>not coerl
You must be new.

WM+Pitch Perfect is basically exactly how summons should work

Militia cuirass with metallic silver

Yes.

>roll mch
>cuck everything

>tfw I can wear coliseum set since the shitter status has been transferred to shisui

fastest way to train dps class after lvl 60? some people say pvp while others say SB dungeons

>still occasionally run into RDM's that regularly hardcast verthunder/veraero in level 60+ content
How the fuck is it possible to still be that bad at this class after 10 levels of playing it? It took me about a minute of flinging spells at a dummy to figure out "jolt into verthunder/veraero, replace jolt with verfire/verstone if it procs". Even the SAM players who took one look at the low potency numbers on their AOE's and took them off their hotbars are worth more than these braindead fucks.

>coerl
Forgot a u.

Its crafted set? Very tempting.

Pvp is only worth 60-61

>pay money to play a game
>can't play said game because server is down for 8 hours in order to "fix" something nobody really gives a shit about
>said fix is actually making the problem worse

they're both probably about the same

it just depends on how much Netflix you want to watch between queues

I'll end the meme when SMN stops being a sleep aid.

Maintenance is pretty much every or every other monday night?

you should be hardcasting one of them in your opener

healer or tank - do dungeons
dps - pvp / fate party
nobody does fates anymore and they're fucking great xp

PvP to 61, dungeons after.
Dungeons are always faster with rested EXP. if you get a shit group PVP is slightly faster without rested exp. However you're not that likely to get shit groups consistently so it's better to just run dungeons.