Monster Hunter World

This game looks so FUCKING GREAT

Come here MH bros, let's have a chill time and discuss this awesome game

youtu.be/ULqY6yXn2S4

Time for the hourly shill thread? Already?

If you're gonna shill, at least make it less obvious.

I might actually get into the series with this. It looks great.

After SFV flopping I guess Capcom really needs this one to succed.

Where muh swaxe boys at?

I like Street Fighter 5 ;_;

>flopping
you know it sold the most out of any other street fighter right? also we just got a new character

yooooooooooo!!

That gif actually looks awful. I don't know why.

Man, I might just go back to the Bow. It looks so fucking sick now.

fucking each other

>>you know it sold the most out of any other street fighter right?
Jesus Christ, please tell me you don't actually believe this.

>you know it sold the most out of any other street fighter right?
ANY other Street Fighter? Including Street Fighter 2, Capcom's most successful game of all time that has no chance to ever be beat EVER?

So do I actually doesn't change the fact that Capcom was "dissapointed" by its sales.
Maybe but still not enough for nu-Capcom's inflated development and marketing budgets.

until mhw comes out
SF2 only sold 6 million total across its lifetime, its not gonna be hard to beat once mhw comes out bro

This is coming to PC right? So if I wait a while I can Pirate it AND cheat?
I used to play MH with my Ex, as much as I loved the series for a time I can't just get into the grinding as much anymore, I'd love to just have the armor I want and go on a hunt here and there. It looks alright glad It's on PC

Tone it down a bit Mr. Shill.

>Cheating
You're the worst. But yes, it is coming out for PC*
*At a later date.
"A Later Date" better be two weeks later at fucking maximum. If it's 6 months, I will fucking kill myself.

Just like how RE7 was supposed to beat out all previous REs, right?

Post yfw PC ver will be delay

At least Capcom toned down their expectations for that one so it actually turned out somewhat fine for them, I guess they had too after RE6 selling millions and still having a hard time making anough money back.

Except they expected it to sell 4 million in its first month.

so with this game will the Monster hunter community resist the temptation to become like the souls community and act like all the old games were perfect and the new game is total shit before it outs? I hope they resist the temptation

The MH community has been the DaS community long before it was even a thing.

MH community was the Souls community before Souls was a glimmer to anyone's eye.
You know this if you lurked on the MH1 board on Gamefaqs.

It'll probably be a few months man. 6 seems excessive but it was clear it isn't a short delay.

>if you talk about a game you are excited for you are a shill
Fuck off

These threads are literally made by the same person with almost the exact same structure every time.

I'm excited for the game too but we don't need ten threads a day, theres hardly anything to talk about right now.

MH was never cancerous though aside from "git gud". MH bros usually love to help new players get their footing.

>all the old games were perfect and the new game is total shit
Maybe if the new games feel/are more easier than usual, if the new monsters are just shittier version of an existing monster and not challenging at all.
Nobody can judge until the game is out but there is nothing wrong with pointing some red flag if you see them.

As someone who's never played a monhun game but always wanted to, should I get this game[assuming it won't be shit]?

Honestly OP, if you dont want to get called a shill like and , then start the thread how actual comfy MH threads started before consolewarshit.

This game fucking sucks, controls are stiff and just disgusting, I came in expecting some epic Dark-souls like combat, but I got this piece of shit disappointment instead.

very true after a few months of grinding and soloing i usually hop online and help others

If you own a 3DS, get 4U, if not, then yeah, wait. It's shaping up quite well.

You are part of the reason I'm getting it on PS4.
Don't worry I'm not blaming you, I already expected this out of PC players, if it wasn't you cheating it would be the thousands of BR's or CYKA's.

I do feel sorry for anyone who thinks the PC version will be the best though, so naive.

whats the point of the ps4 when you have to pay extra just to play online? i plan on pc for better online play and fun. no cheating needed

And it did, it sold 5 million in fact. Capcom is a lot smarter than you guys think.

Nah, don't worry I'm only cheating cause I'm pretty much done with the franchise at this point. If this was the old me I'd be doing the same. I'll take playing with the BRs as my punishment it's cool.
Really though It's PC you can just pirate it and have both?

It looks great.

Cheating mean nothing in MH, a shitter will stay a shitter regardless of his stuff and if he is not a shitter you will just finish your quest faster.
Also
>playing in multi

The delay has been only specified as a "later date". At least as far as I know, feel free to correct me.
And quite frankly I'm getting similar NieR vibes from the whole thing with how PC isn't listed as one of the platforms in the trailers while in other cross-platform titles like Ace Combat 7, it is listed.

That doesn't mean there can't be a large gap, but at the same time we might be looking at another 10 day gap between releases like NieR was.

It's probably the time to jump in. With that said, know that you will most likely not be able to go back to the older games.

If you wanna try the older ones, I VEHEMENTLY recommend you start with Portable 3rd for the PSP, which you can play with PPSSPP. And the reason for it is because it is the easiest one (imo), while it looks good and it's actually easy to understand, despite being fan translated only. It also will only go through Low Rank on Village Quests, but if you've reached that point then you should try Freedom Unite.

If you have any questions or want a quick guide, go check /mhg/ pastebins

Why does anyone even care if people cheat in this game? it's exactly like you said. And this game isn't PVP so it's not like you're hurt by them.

I really am interested in seeing new monsters opposed to returning dudes, but boy do I wish I had the chance to get that sweet nibblesnarf armor in HD.

That mudfish thing and that weird Roc look super cool though.

>STOP TALKING ABOUT VIDEO GAMES ON Sup Forums
>WE NEED MORE DYSON SPHERE GENERAL AND Sup ForumsERMIN AND LOL AND OTHER NOT VIDEO GAMES
Fuck. Off.

Nibelsnarf was confirmed to be in game along with swimming.

Been maining it for a long time, but it got hardly anything new and looks weak. I'll be using HBG for the first time.

>hardly got anything new
The sword combos have been completely reworked and it looks fucking amazing, and it has a brand new bar separate from the sword bar that makes the sword do more damage and let you do a special mount attack.

Will there be some kind of appearance tab glamour system in World so I can fashion over my clownsuit?

Typical shill response

yeah look at the latest trailer again

>getting PS4 when you need to pay to play online
>playing Monster Hunter with randoms instead of your friends to begin with
>caring about whether or not people cheat in a cooperative game where equipment won't save a shitter
You're more of a problem than cheaters are.

>if it wasn't you cheating
You could already cheat in any MH game regardless of platform.
>it would be the thousands of BR's or CYKA's.
MHW isn't free user, it has a price tag which deters them.

That's not very nice. The only information I could find is that swimming definitely won't be part of the game.

Swimming is there, but not underwater combat.

Thanks Sony

As good of a time to start as ever
If you wanna give it a test run before you drop money for world you could emulate P3rd on PPSSPP or pirate 4U on the 3DS

any gunner bros out there?

Yeah man, both bowguns looking fucking rad as heck.

I'm sure it will be a good game, not hating, but these threads are blatantly shills. They're posted in the exact same format every single day. Rarely do we see such blatant shilling but this is unmistakable.

Where exactly in the Wildspire Waste trailer does it show any menus whatsoever, let alone what he's asking about?

Ironically most shill threads are just the OP wanting to bait people like you through falseflagging.
It was confirmed a while ago that the Hollow Knight poster was a person trying to make people hate Hollow Knight through behaving like a shill

You might be right. I remember back when Toradora aired some faggot spammed threads about it constantly every day to make people hate it. For some reason I didn't consider the OP might just be that pathetic, but we're on Sup Forums after all so I wouldn't doubt it.

owned most of the MH4U content with heavy bowgun. I became a master of it online. Fun time.

>Je l'ai monté !

>Barroth is back

Nice. Time to hunt this bastard again.

It looks casual as fuck, the the droves of people saying "I've never play Monster Hunter before, but this looks great" only confirms my fears.
At the very least this game will have the worst Monster Hunter community ever.

>infinite stamina until you find a big monster
How the fuck is this not casualized?

Considering the best selling monster hunter game was a mobile Japanese only game, I somehow doubt that this western focused console game will do amazingly.

What's your favorite monster?
For me, its Duremudira.

Why are you here

So I just started 4U, is there anything I should know before going into it in depth?

SA main here. Do we know if phial burst always attaches to the monster or is there a way to control it? Also what's the separate bar you mentioned? What are all the changes that we know of so far?

>I really am interested in seeing new monsters

Every new monster they've shown looks dogshit

Look above the sword bar. There's a smaller bar that when filled up the tip of the sword mode glows and if you do your phial burst you attach to the monster.
If the second bar isn't full you do a normal phial burst.

Do we know if they gave you any more incentives to use axe mode? I use both modes equally anyways but it would be nice if the got rid of reloading your phials for example. Or making axe attacks charge the sword gauge.

axe mode wasn't touched that much, so the Switch Axe seems more sword-oriented than ever before.
It'll still be good for lobbing off tails and hitting aerial monsters though
Axe Mode has always been the inferior mode unless we're talking jho axe or a handful of others so I really don't mind

The series has been casual since FU, My man.

I finally dipped into gunning with Gen, now I'm back to replaying 3U with HBG, just got through LR. I might be going into World fully ready to appreciate it.

But now that I know basically every weapon, it makes deciding what to use impossible. Probably going to try and focus on HBG and HH in Worlds.

>Sup Forumsermin
>Not a videogame
t. a guy that has never been into a tournament.

It isn't a video game. There is no Sup Forumsermin video game, it's all entirely OC and images.
Make a Sup Forumsermin Pokemon rip-off, then we'll talk.

>What is argumon? the post.
Do you even vermin?

Which game do you guys think will be better, This or that other Monster hunter coop game thats coming out on PC.

I want to get one on PC but am kinda stumped.

>This or that other Monster hunter coop game thats coming out on PC.
What? You mean Dauntless (which is shit) or is there some other MH game coming to PC other than World?

It's the continuation of cross and what the series has been moving to for years. It's hilarious people actually thought this was going to go back and suddenly be a super serious non anime non casual game.

>acting like this is new
>after Generations (which is still more casual)
>after basically every game since Tri
You haven't played a MH game in 10 years, you don't matter.

Yea Dauntless, it looked pretty cool from the little i've seen.

Why not try both? One's f2p so if you like that stick with it. For me personally a proper MonHun on PC is all I've ever wanted so I'm going to getting this.

Dauntless is an inferior unpolished Monster Hunter, best I'd say is since it's already out play it until World comes out.

>every single weapon has had QoL improvements
Fuck it's gonna be hard to choose a main, but I'm leaning LS.

Oh shit I didn't know its F2P.

I feel bad with the Dauntless crew,

>no Monster Hunter every on PC.
> start making game knowing they have a niche market that they would 100% own
> suddenly monster hunter comes out on PC

>Dauntless
>Cool
Excuse me, do you have eye cancer? Dauntless looks like THE weakest MH clone to the date and that is one hell of a achievement, considering that FF explorers and LOA exist.

Sword eats more bar per swing and doesn't refill as much
But filling up the Phial Awakening gauge by hitting shit in sword mode powers up your Phial effects somehow, and allows the improved discharge (but that uses up the bar)

Thats just my quick observation from glancing over its gameplay. Art style looked cool and gameplay decent, though im not sure how it is under the hood.

and reload* doesn't refill as much
My bad

The gameplay lacks of impact, you see that guy charging his weapon for quite some time and you expect a hell of a hit, but it is just a regular lazy hit and nothing else, the roars don't seem to do anything to the player, everything has neon all over the fucking place for no reason, all the monsters are great jaggi tier at best and the hitboxes look odd, also no gunner weapon and there is F2P bullshit.

And the final nail in the coffin is that MHW will be x100 times better than it, poor guys, they better drop the development now before they make battleborne 2 hunting boogaloo.

Yea i feel you, and yea MHW will prob be better. I hope the PC port is good honestly.

Capcom's only bad PC port was DMC3 really. They've got a good track record on everything after that, partially thanks to MT Framework being fucking black magic.