Video game rage

What's the maddest you've ever been at a video game?
Did you break anything?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=DIn4L7hUmUI
youtu.be/8fjZ3geBxZ4
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>Did you break anything
I'm not an autist sperg.

I used to get ridiculously mad when I went down a rank in OG Halo 2. Sometimes if I was in a game where we were losing and it was clear we couldnt come back from it I would just scream incoherently and call everyone faggots and niggers. I was 15.

I got close to being that mad when our newly formed guild continuously wiped in Gruul's Lair during our first raid night.

In the last few years I got the Master Chief Collection and I still have echoes of that angsty teenage rage when I lose a rank in the Team Halo 2 Anniversary playlist.

No but I've punched myself

I choked my friend a little bit.

>Did you break anything?
Fucking americans.

I never get mad at video games.

Must be an autism or kid thing.

One time I got so mad I turned the game off and stopped playing for a bit.

I developed a habit for bunching my monitor as an angsty teenager. Luckily it was the time of CRT monitors and I was a weak beta so I mostly just hurt myself. After puberty stopped my temper was much better. I only occasionally yell at people in chat.

youtube.com/watch?v=DIn4L7hUmUI

obligatory.

Badass. Imagine being so angry you break an entire nation of people.

good kek had

I get mad when I play Street fighter but only because ive put to much time into it

love watching smash players get mad they literally lose their shit so easily

I hope that image is staged.

Of course it's staged. It's softcore. He can respawn.

youtu.be/8fjZ3geBxZ4
>Smash players, everyone.

Early this year I completely destroyed my entire gaming setup in a fit of rage, picking up my $1500 pc and throwing it against the wall before smashing it with a crowbar. In the same fit of rage I destroyed my keyboard and monitor, punching in the screen before throwing it at a wall and snapping the kb in half.

A few months later after buying a new TV I smashed it as well. I finished building my new PC a couple weeks ago and after having it for only a few days, I was holding it over my head, about to smash it again, but I was able to stop myself. There's huge holes in my walls and I'm pretty sure the last two tenants below me moved out because of me.

I don't know what's wrong with me. I didn't use to be like this. I hate myself.

Why do I get the feeling that this is an untrue story meant to bait out replies

>memories of ex-gf slamming her fists down when she got hit on Vindictus
>her pullout keyboard shelf breaks and falls into her lap
>she didn't even die, she just got hit
>her desperate screams of rage as she tried to play the rest of the match with her keyboard and mouse in her lap
user! HELP ME! PUT IT BACK! HELP I CANT MOVE MY MOUSE ALL THE WAY OVER!!! user!!! I DIDNT THINK IT WOULD ACTUALLY BREAK!!!!

You're stupid. that's why.

Please break more stuff and waste your money so others can prosper in your stupidy.

What the fuck. How does someone get to this point? Over that game? Playing it in that manner?

Also, I've had those same speakers for 12 years and they are the best

it's not about being dead and respawn.
it's about getting into a cave, getting all those awesome loots and losing them all when you died.

He's above ground. None of the items he had are destroyed. All he has to do is walk to get them.

>saw the axe first
>oh sweet nice axe
>mfw its the fucking minecraft screen

I broke a part of my desk while playing Rallisport Challenge. Eventually i realized that racing is too autistic genre for me, and stopped playing these games altogether

Posted this a few nights ago, but I still enjoy the story. tldr I got in a fight with my dad over Mystical Ninja starring Goemon
>enjoying my 12th year on the planet
>playing MNSG
>It's that part where you get the mermaid power up for the girl character
>can't fucking do it
>probably spend 2 hours going up that gay ass waterfall
>maybe make it halfway on most attempts
>finally getting close
>sure enough
>LOGGED
>LOGGED
>LOGGED
>scream "FUCK YOU!" at the top of my lungs
>cool parents, but cursing is for sailors and outside my house
>My dad comes running down the stairs
>What did you just say, user?
>seething with anger, I can't convey what just happened
>It's that game, isn't it...
>unplugs my shit
>take the only legitimate swing I've ever sent my dad's way, full of all my angst
>punch him right in the neck
>not sure if I hurt him physically, emotionally, or both
>he gives me an awkward look and trips me
>proceeds to drop the N64 on me
>we both realize what's happening and calm down really quickly
>after a quick breather he stares me down
>I'm taking this for a bit...
>earn my N64 back over the winter/spring
>enjoy time with my family
I love you dad.

My biggest rage that I remember involved smashing a controller against a wall during the double-boss fight of MGR Revengeance. I had S-ranked everyone up to Monsoon on Revengeance difficulty without getting mad, but for some reason that fight pissed me the fuck off. Probably because it was a bunch of patterns I'd already memorized with obnoxious new attacks mixed in to fuck me up.

More recently I got pretty mad trying to play Crash 1 on N. Sane Trilogy, but Crash 2 and 3 salvaged it. God, fuck that control scheme though. 2 and 3 are still botched, but at least its playable.

I've spiked a controller into the floor after a bullshit race in Burnout: Revenge. I had a sturdy-ass aftermarket controller, though. No damage.

Punched my computer case when playing League because my internet was shitting itself, it turned off
I won that match

>God, fuck that control scheme though. 2 and 3 are still botched, but at least its playable.
fucking batty

To be fair, Goemon is worth fighting your dad over, at any age.

Nonono! nonono! fucking americans as in fucking americans, not that i break americans.

Broke my monitor. I'm now stuck with my TV on my desk. It's not that bad.

Probably putting his head through his wall gave him brain damage.

Also, I had those speakers too, and they're pretty good. But the Z623s are so much better.

You disagree?
Crash 1's fucking disgusting. People have told me 2 and 3 are bad in the remake, but I 100% Crash 2 just fine with the only sticking point being the occasional bad camera angles and hitboxes being retarded on some enemies.
Crash 1 I forced myself to just beat evetu level and said never again.

theres nothing wrong with the controls

I was angry at ino in guilty gear x2. I broke the controller. I haven't broken anything since. I still get mad sometimes.

oh my god he even fucked them all after he was done. What a guy

I'm imagining you sprinting into a brothel, diving through the bead door into a room and elbow dropping its occupants, all because you got killed by five grenades.

How do you get to "fucking americans" from the question "Did you break anything?" I don't know what I expect out of an anime poster, but my curiosity has gotten the better of me.

>self control
>sometimes I would lift my arms up and shake my DS around
>little sister sees
>she lifts her DS up and SLAMS her arms back down
>entire upper screen bends backwards and breaks
>kek

I've broken a couple of controllers in my time. Not to the point of not being able to use, but cracked the casing, or fucked up one of the vibration things.

I also bit them when I was a kid.

Nowadays I mainly just shout at my screen and quit the game, or bang my fist on the desk. Shits too expensive to break.

I wish it wasn't true.

Thanks for the honesty.

Keep telling yourself that, it's literally the most outstanding complaint with N. Sane Trilogy, that the physics are botched and the games control like shit. Again, I don't see it in 2 or 3, but 1 is just fucked.

Its so bad that the later levels are actually much easier because they're done trying to 'teach' you the game at that point and you don't have repetitive dogshit platforming sections for entire levels,

I used to scream all sorts of shit into the mic on TF2. When I started playing other games I would yell all kinds of obscene shit and get kicked for it
>How dare you headshot me you fucking faggot I'll eat your ass
>dude i'm 12
>WELL ILL SUCK YOUR LITTLE TWELVE YEAR OLD DICK
>b&

Almost broke my hand playing CSGO, got mad at myself for sucking, mad at Windows 10 that fucked my sensitivity and mad at Valve for sucking a lot of dick

I'm glad it happened to be honest. It helped me get focused about where my anger was coming from and what I was really mad at. When I did get that N64 back I wanted him to watch me do the whole thing. He didn't give a shit, but it was nice to impress him with my personal control over things that didn't really matter all that much. We ended up playing the game until the end most of that day.

I broke a controller raging at an online multiplayer game years ago. That was definitely the pinnacle. After I was like "well shit I'm out 60 bucks and nothing's changed". So I've yet to rage anywhere near that hard again. I'll still swear and go "come on!' and self-commentate the bullshit but the worst is a slap on my desk in terms of physically outburst.

The only thing I've ever broken out of rage was an already dysfunctional controller I used as an outlet for a while. It finally met it's end at the Bloody Crow of Cainhurst.

but there isnt any difference in the controls from the original games really

lol dad stories
>screaming at video game
>dad gets mad and tells me I can't play games if they make me act like this
>tell him to try
>super castlevania4, exiting the mushroom level
>gets to the top of the waterfall and falls
>he fucking screams

i used to yell all sorts of shit in tf2 but i kept my mic off while i did it
eventually i stopped playing because (a) i was worried i would disturb my neighbors and (b) i feel like that much rage isn't healthy

>it's a Soul Calibur 2 episode

Calm the fuck down you sperg.

Sometimes when I'm raging really hard I bite down on my hand between my thumb and index finger. It's really autistic and I feel embarrassed about it.

I broke my controller playing Street Fighter IV vanilla back was I was in high school. Not like totally smashed, I hit it on my padded chair and the trigger got jammed in a weird way and didn't work properly anymore.

When I was 11, my first computer was a piece of shit that had memory issues to the point where I would regularly need to reformat and reinstall Windows. I thought it was normal, though. But one time I was trying to play 3D Movie Maker when it crashed, and wouldn't boot back into Windows. I went to the other side of the room, focused my anger, and did a running slide kick (think Mega Man) straight into the front of the case. Cracked the shit out of it, and hurt my foot pretty bad.

Still had to reformat and reinstall Windows, but now with a hurt foot and a cracked case to explain to the parents. That's when I realized manifesting anger physically doesn't get you very far.

Yes there is you tard, they changed all the controls to be a bit more Crash 2, and then messed up the physics.
In the original Crash 1, you can't even change momentum in a jump. In NST, you can but everything's very stiff.

I had someone tackle and punch me over a game of Halo 2 at a lan once

Nice, glad it turned out well in the end. And he did give a shit if he watched/played the whole thing with you.

>manifesting anger physically
spergiest post in thread

I'm glad you're a virgin who can never abuse the babes

Another one. Not as memorable, but I still love the memory
>GTA: SA
>that dumb robo-copter mission
>give it some decent tries, turns out it's too hard
>I just scream "WHAT?!" after another failure
>dad comes downstairs
>Everything okay?
>No this mission is stupid!
>Let me try
>He doesn't know what to do
>HOW DO YOU EVEN FLY THIS THING?!
>What ever happened with those fun games you used to play?
I think that was the last time he enjoyed a game I would like over a game we both would like together. It still makes me smile though.

never had a problem with the controls at all m8 and got the plat on all 3 games

Well, it's not like he can manifest his anger psychically.

I really hope this is real.

I usually quit and take a break. I have a lot of control over my emotions these days than I used to, probably because there are so many worse people who I work with.

I broke a controller over Weapon Master in either that or the similar thing in 3

It was only a MadCatz so it wasn't a big loss, but fuck that nonsense

I knew I worded it awkwardly after I typed it, but it's Sup Forums and I already typed a lot so fuck it.

That doesn't mean they didn't change the controls, you mongoloid. Just look it up, its the biggest criticism of the game.
Crash isn't particularly hard anyways, aside from maybe time trials which I have no interest in.

My dad was kind of older, he's dead now. He didn't really understand what I was doing, he just wanted me to not swear around my mom for some reason, even though she doesn't care now. It was just nice to spend time with him outside of sports and school life. I'm glad you think he cared about my dumb vidya life, it's nice to think he did.

Post pictures of the holes in the wall so I can laugh at your autistic rage even harder.

>&e0

It goes on fistfight after a CS 1.6 lan party, long time ago.

I like that story, that's a nice story.

i played through the ps1 games about half a year before they released the remakes, literally no change, all those babys crying because they thought the games would be easy are just looking for something to blame

You're actually lying out your ass bud

>MGS2
>have a madcatz controller
>get to the oil fence with EE
>can't unequip the fucking binoculars and go to thermals
>just shoot wildly at her feet hoping to hit the claymores
>can't take drugs to calm the fuck down
It probably took me 10 tries, but god damn did I not feel accomplished afterwards

ok

>Score: 0
What fucking progress did you make that made you break you keyboard in half

he pulled the same shit 10 or so years later in real life
>cant drive car up driveway because snow is too slippery
>punch my steering wheel
>"Now user don't disrespect your car that was worth a lot of money and there's no reason to act like that"
>he tries making it up the driveway
>car slides sideways after several attempts
>he punches the fucking steeringwheel

Minecraft score is irrelevant.

I sometimes get really mad when playing Rocket League, and throw a plastic bottle of water on the wall. Twice I didn't realize it was open.

Stalker shadow of cherynoble cd version was so shit and buggy It's patches could never fix it. Snapped the disc in half. I tried so hard to like the game but the glitches regularly deleted my saves no matter what I did.

>he wasn't there when minecraft score was broken

you must really be underaged because the lazy fucking devs left it broken for half a decade

About 6 or 7 years ago I was playing Microvolts and at some point I got very frustrated because figthing against whales wasn't fun. It came to the point that I slammed my hand into my keyboard and broke the glass that covered my desk. The keyboard was fine but the glass under it shattered pretty bad. Another time before that I throw the same keyboard, hit my screen and it stopped working. These two things taught me to never ever hit something again out of rage.

When archeage came out in america I got into it hot and heavy. I was on a trade route with my trade cart and got disconnected, when I came back a guy had jumped on my cart and drove it halfway across the map into a world boss who proceeded to kill it and me. Him and his friends took my 3 trade packs and turned them in for gold.

I raged the fuck out and broke my desk.

Dude got me good.

Audible kek. It's so funny how your dad wants to be this paragon of morality towards you, then they fuck up and reveal just how much like you they really are. Probably the last vidya related story I have of him was
>Gran Turismo 4
>dad used to be a race car driver
>show him my times for the Le Mans 24 hour course
>not like it actually matters
>you know, I raced Le Mans once
>How'd you place?
>He doesn't say anything, just wants to race
>Give him the controller
>Proceeds to the race
>Kind of understands, but not really
>Does well for the first 20 laps or whatever it was
>doesn't understand how to take a pit stop
>"How do I... wait how do I get new tires?"
>Just go in the pit
>Just WHAT?!
>emergency right hand turn into a wall, thinking he's going into the pit
>NO WAIT, I DIDN'T
>realizes what's going on
>What is this SHIT?!
>throws my PS3 controller
>start laughing uncontrollably
>He's actually upset
>This game is stupid...
That was such a fun day, if only for me.

When I was younger I would rent FF12 from the video store every week. Played the shit out of it but was only able to play vidya 2 hours a day on school days. Eventually get to some boss fight I just can't beat, it drives me insane, an entire week wasted, precious daily vidya time wasted. Finally I life the controller up and smash it three times on my nightstand.

A small chip was missing near the left analog and the L2 button stopped working. I never actually got around to beating that game but I still have the controller to remind me not to let myself get to that point again.

Swiped my thigh with a can opener and now I have a big scar there

>finally afford full granny armour
>go into wildy
>get ice blocked
>inplug computer
>log back in
>lumbridge

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

>inplug

No, but I've gotten mad at family members while playing vidya.

The worst one was actually recent

>mom been having heart issues
>like possible sudden instant death heart issues, she was even wearing an automated defibrillator vest for a while
>have her move in with me while she's on the mend
>heart issues are now mostly resolved, she's still staying with me so she can focus down her obscene medical bills for a few months
>she starts giving me the usual mom-with-adult-kid shit
>when you getting a girlfriend user? why don't you cut your own grass? (I pay the kid across the street to do it) I'm worried about you, all you do when you come home from work is play those video games! (all she does after work is watch reality tv)

>on my day off
>enjoying some vidya on the big screen tv
>she starts talking to me about some contractor to remodel the bathroom cause I know you wanted to get it done and he said he'll do it cheap and I think you should give him a call and we met at the grocery store while I was there to get bagels and my friend tammy says he did a great job on her kitchen and
>she just keeps rambling about this fucking dude I'm not going to hire because fuck the bathroom it can stay little old lady pink for now
>actually standing in front of the tv

>my game has been paused for almost a half hour now
>yeah sure mom
>yeah I'll look into this guy
>yeah no bill's gonna cut the grass wednesday
>yes I know you need me to take that box out with the trash this week

>almost an hour into this fucking marathon
>I have forgotten english and am now speaking only in grunts
>uh-huh
>uh-uh
>yup
>yup
>yup

>seventy minutes
>she's starting to sound like maybe she's finally wrapping up
>okay, well I guess I'm going to go make dinner now
>looks at the tv and huffs disapprovingly
>"you know maybe you'd have a better time getting a girlfriend if you spent more time LISTENING instead of playing games"
>flip my coffee table and storm outside for a cigarette

Being nice was a mistake.

Are you stupid

what you never inplugged your bc before