Is camping degenerate? Asking for a friend

Is camping degenerate? Asking for a friend.

Who is this girl(female)?

it's sort of degenerate in the sense that it seems to take away a good bit of fun from actually playing the game actively. however many games' best strategy is to camp and so if you get more pleasure from winning, perhaps you have to camp. overall it depends on what you're looking for when you game.

not when it's "defending"

Legitimate in-game strategy

Kys

No you have a tactical advantage and youre using it. Fuck them if they can't adapt.

Campers are unskilled faggots that ruin multiplayer shooters. They should banned.

Nobody wins a match by camping. It only real purpose is cheap kills and trolling. Agreed w/ user about banning them.

It is degenerate. Betas camp while the alphas roam.

>Posts a literal autist

He's right though. Camping is cowardly.
>muh strategy

How about you get good?

What exactly counts as camping? Predicting the opponent's movement based on map knowledge and observation of his past behavior then taking advantadge of it by waiting in ambush?

Holy fuck whiny babies everywhere

I can't believe you fucking scrubs. """Camping""" is a viable strategy that is employed by pretty much anyone in the real world and has been around for thousands of years before your dumb asses showed up, holy shit. You going to go down into the trenches of WWI and go "Hey, fuckers, camping is for losers! March right up into no man's land with me"?

Jesus.

>Hey, fuckers, camping is for losers! March right up into no man's land with me
That's exactly what officers did, because sitting in a trench getting pounded by arty doesn't win wars.

Yellow belly camper detected

>says the underage

Camping fucking faggots, kys

>tfw camping and dying always gets you tbagged

The people who run around the map aimlessly are far more skilled.

Depends. Staying in one area is definitely a viable and fair strategy. Sitting by a door waiting for someone to run past (unless you know they're coming, rather than relying on luck) isn't.

Holy shit someone grab her a tub of vaseline or chapstick for those lips. They're cracking worse than the San Andreas fault.

yes
this is correct

Nah, it's nice to get out of the city for a while, and just spend some time out in the woods, or on a mountaintop or something. And if you've never been far enough from society at night time, you get to see just how amazing the sky looks without any light pollution.

I think he's talking about camping in FPS """"games"""".

Camping is an artform but 99% of artists have no talent and the same applies to campers. If you ever see a good camper in action it's a sight to behold though.

No, not camping is degenerate, but allowing camping in your game is also degenerate.

Yes. Campers are corwardly scum. However the FPS landscape has changed so much in the last 17 years that cowardly tactics are now the norm, so pretty much all current FPS players are scum. This is why I am confused that you would ask if camping is honourable play in 2017.