The current state of WoW

The current state of WoW

Other urls found in this thread:

warcraftlogs.com/statistics/13#dataset=90&aggregate=amount
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Who gives a fuck? Legacy servers when?

Isn't that the balanced it's been in a while?

That's hella low dps

>only 1mil between the best and worst

that's the most balanced it's been? holy fuck lol

Didn't they go through a bunch of bullshit a few expansions ago to condense stat creep?

Blizzard has never had a good reputation when it comes to balance except for Starcraft.

>1m difference
I think you need to learn how to count.

Uhh that's a 200,000 dps difference, not a million.

Also
>unattributed dps rankings with no itemlevels, no mention of what kind of fight it is or whether they're reported or simulated

the number bloat in blizzard games is so fucking stupid

>1.7m is the top dps
>900k is the lowest

What the fuck is this gap?

>1.7m

wow Sup Forums is even less numerate than I thought

>Reading comprehension

Patch is coming literally tomorrow. These numbers are pretty much already outdated.

>ww monks that high
Almost enough to get me to come back. Most fun class/spec in the game.

Your both retarded.

Affliction at the bottom enhancement near the top, nice bait

This isn't vanilla WoW were your RL would kick you since your dumb ass thought vanilla Ret,arcane, or balance where good specs.

trolling is a art

The fact that gameplay boils down to not getting rotation wrong so you maximize damage is what's abysmal in this game. Characters need to excel in a particular area, not compete like this.

That just means its single target.

This picture literally has no context.

Some classes are still better than others when it comes to specific encounters. This chart means fuck all since theres too many variables from each fight, raid comp, and player skill to account for.

It does though?
Some classes are better on fights with adds, some are better on high movement, some classes you want more of because they have a soak, some classes you want more of because they have a brez. Warlock summon is the whole reason anyone takes them.

Fuck I'm so grammar trigg'd

Wow enhance is still near the top and still fun to play

Im shocked that blizz is at least doing that much right

DPS charts are so pointless. Factors like gear, AoE and player competency are absent so people go picking the class at the top thinking it's an easy way to top DPS charts but are as incompetent as the class shown at the bottom. They only have to work less to be higher on the chart.

But at the end of the day it still requires about 10+ DPS to do combined damage. Nobody is just going to fill it with only arms warriors.

Literally when the fuck are they gonna implement this? Do they even realize they'd probably double their subscribers overnight by doing it?

DPS charts only matter for complaining on forums.

Exactly affliction may not out sim an arms or fury warrior but they are the best performing dps in the game currently and they sim near the top even when only referring to patchwerk.

DPS charts are only designed to make it so people can be biased towards some classes even if they aren't doing Mythic content.

>Fury warrior at the top late in the expansion

Never saw that coming!

Its about a thenth of the highest value between the bottom and the top.
Believe it or not, that's actually about as good as it has been all expac long, not to mention the majority of the game's lifespan.

>frost STILL is a mess because ToS doesnt have that many BoS friendly bosses and they have no clue how to balance the other 100 talents to NOT make them laughable CDs

Its beyond me

>Outlaw that high
i knew my patience would finally pay off
too bad I stopped playing

when will this game die

they're making a lot of changes to frost in 7.3

>mfw affli lock main

>tfw shadow main
>absolute garbage aoe
>don't do good enough ST damage to compensate

>fire and arcane mages that low
what the fuck happened. Remember when Frost was the spec that was only ever used in pvp?

warcraftlogs.com/statistics/13#dataset=90&aggregate=amount
Here's an actual representation of the value of the dps specs in the current tier. Only 90 percentile parses and above from the entirety of ToS. As only 2 bosses are completely patchwerk, it would be wrong to only look at single target fights.

I remember in Vanilla when 600 DPS was crazy for most classes.

>thread two weeks ago had fury warriors in the bottom 3 or some shit

this chart sucks

this one is better

and irrelevant tomorrow when 7.3 drops

They wouldn't be able to implement a cash shop

yeah when I played maplestory doing 1k damage was amazing now 5 billion is the standard

>those rogue numbers
>when rogues have always been the biggest crybabies about DPS

These numbers are so fucking stupid I thought they did a stat squish to the game to make the numbers less extravagant?

Also at least my experience with WoW from vanilla to wotlk...haven't fury warriors always been a top 5 dps class?

I will admit thought its funny seeing frost mage as a viable dps spec considering its had dog shit damage for multiple expans. in a row.

So anyways, here's the real numbers
>Implying the shitshow dev team can keep ranged and dot classes down despite unavoidable power creep
Melee in endgame fights never hit their theoretical dps. The game us fundamentally bias against them.

>Melee in endgame fights never hit their theoretical dps. The game us fundamentally bias against them.

Isn't that because physical damage is always reduced by the enemies armor, whereas most ranged classes don't have that problem?

people would realise how dull vanilla was and quit within two months

It's because so few fights are tank n spank in endgame. There's tons of aoe to avoid and fire to run out of. Their uptime goes to shit when all that movement gets involved.

Did they nerf shadow priests or did they just get less dps from the new ranks in the weapons?

Last played early this year

>The current state of WoW
>Warrior on top
>Fury Warrior of all things

Legion breaking ground.

Never. Very few want to play legacy. Those who do already jumped on a p-server, played for a month and then came back to retail.

>12+ years of the game
>balancing overall dps is simple damage tuning at this point
>They still refuse to do it
>200k differance between 1st and last spot.

I wonder horrible world shattering event would happen if they actually properly balanced dps.

Simcraft is always based on best stats per spec, highest ilvl without war/titanforge and single target patchwerk style fight.

It's never changed. It's always been ranked like that.

>BAAAAAAAAAAA I HAVE TO PLAY WHAT THE BEST DPS SPEC IS REGARDLESS OF FUN

The current WoW community has to be purged.

>balancing dps
Not everyone has to be a dps, you retards. If a healer and a rogue did the same dps, what would be the point of playing a rogue if you can play a different class with the same dps but more utility?

>WoW players
>having logic

Well that kinda happens when neets sperg out over being 1000DPS less than the next guy up.

>not playing Sub rogue
hahaha i laugh at all you fags. best abilities. best soaker. best pvp.

Congratulations. You just described the Druid class since BC.

I have a theory that the reason they are not making legacy servers for now is because people would stop buying future expansions and just play whatever legacy expansion server they preffer, so they are waiting for the final expansion of wow to wrap up the story and then announce that they are working on legacy servers for each expansion.

>Played UH DK through all of EN & NH when they were the worst spec in the game
>Quit to play Stormblood
>UH DK is now one of the top specs

Anyone else thinking that blizzard is dumbing down wow so it can be played on consoles?

No because the engine is so old it would shatter when they tried to port it.

This and also they'd have to basically redesign the UI from the ground up to support console play

You wake up in South Shore's inn.
You're awoken by the loud horns and men shouting as ships are coming into port.
Getting dressed and gathering your things you head out, saying good bye to the inn-keeper and fellow patrons.

Stepping outside into the cold air. The winds had brought the soft fresh falling snow down from the Alterac Peaks, you can see the air forming before your lips as you head off on your adventure.

Looking around you see the snow slowly dropping onto the ground, grass and your armor. The birds have left for the winter and you can see the wildlife scrambling to get their food for hibernation. The trees leaves are becoming frosted and the lakes ever colder.

You feel at peace as you continue onward to your quest but as you reach Tarren Mill you sigh and shake your head at it's downtrodden-state and you try to keep your distance from the Forsaken patrols

Hours later, you end up in the Alterac Mountains. The air is more chilling.
Eventually you see some Horde warriors. They warily pass by you, their hands clenching on their weapons in ready for a fight but you wave at them and smile.
Continuing on your trail, you arrive at the town of Alterac and with the ogres wiped out you find shelter before the storm comes in.

Settling down and lighting a cozy fire in a small shack, you look out the nearby shattered window at the heavy snowfall - ''By the Light.''.
As the Blizzard continues, you wonder if you'll ever or when make it back to Light's Hope Chapel as you train to become a Paladin of the Alliance.

ok, a heal/dps hybrid class is #3 on the chart. according to you, its still not even balanced

if you need more heals, drop a dps and get another healer. there has never been a case where a raid needed half a dps and half a healer. the concept of a hybrid tank doesnt even exist too. everybody forgets about that one

But aren't those problems solvable? I mean, they already changed a lot in the game, would it really be that hard to make those compatible with console systems?

and then you get bit by a worgen

>ui
easy. addon makes have made controller mods
>engine
impossible

Wow never thought I would see the day when frost mage is the highest dps. Times sure change, except the fucking game.

>the concept of a hybrid tank doesnt even exist too
There are classes that can do temporary tanking by taunting and blowing cooldowns or kiting

DPS ranking in legion are shit, because durning en and even nh, every week spec were shuffled. I remember being top dps for 2 week, then dropping to the bottom, later being one of the worst 3 dps spec, climb back to middle , reach top and again bottom. All of this in span of 2 months.

Hmmm guess you are right, I was just hoping they had a reason for getting rid of abilities other than them trying to attract more children to play.

>noxxic

>Fury top DPS

what in the fuck?

>tfw frost mage
>tfw equal or barely more dps then a fucking shadow priest CLICKER
fuck free damage on use trinkets and fuck my friend for making me resub because he said i smash as a mage

Blizz has a warrior fetish, the only expansion where they were useless dps was cata.

>Worgen in alterac

You login into your class hall and head directly for your mission board, loot the gold, the AP items and restock on minions.
With a sigh you change spec to apply the AP item to your third artifact because you want that mount but you need concordance.
After that then you head to Dalaran....

*Five minutes and a D/C later*
You log into Dalaran and you leave tradechat then peer at your map. ''DAILY QUESTS HERE, GO GO, ONLY 30 MINS LEFT AND INVASIONS, OH NOES, Don't you want to level that 7th alt?''
With a heavy audible groan you decide what quest to do after circling Dalaran a few times.
As you make your way to your quest you're bombarded with ''ENEMY FORCES HOLD THIS TOWER, DESTROY THEM.'' - ''I need WINE, JUMP IN THE VAT.'' - ''Here use this quest item on the withered, stupid bitch... I mean, saviour of the nightborne.''

As you finish your 4 daily quests, you head off to the emissary, hoping for a good legendary.
[You died]
[Fatigue Dmg]
[Ress sickness]
You recieve: [RNG BOX]
You receive: Blood of sargerasx1
You receive: Shattered jerkin of tumbles - 850 titanforged
You loot 15 gold and 2 silver.
After crying, ranting and spitting, you calm down then you hearth back to Dalaran.
*5 minute load screen*
The flying in circles begin as you wait for your order hall missions to finish.

>I was just hoping they had a reason for getting rid of abilities other than them trying to attract more children to play.
To avoid making their game solely for the model train modern sonic playing fidget spinner crowd.
If they kept adding abilities they'd have attracted the autistic children crowd, that's for damn sure.

I recently came back to WoW, got to about 910 ilevel with 35% Haste, 34% Mastery. Still can barely break 750k DPS. Maybe I'm retarded or that fucking NH trinket is too OP.

>used to play back in vanilla when I was a retarded kid who just wondered around doing random shit, would occasionally go back every couple years and do the same thing
>went back to it and played seriously when legion came out and had a shitload of fun

Is everything that's been added since legion launched worth going back for? I did the raid on the normal difficulty and called it quits because the only thing left for me to really do was farm that Suramar currency shit.
>tfw got my first legendary on my first every raid boss

>he isn't an enchanter so he can melt down all of the useless purples the game floods your bags with
for shame

>enhance that high

I miss when spriests were good

Blizz will nerf him like in EN when nearly all people playing enh told blizz its fucking fun, but then blizz pulled of "you thing you do..." shit and nerfed him because you're not alowed to have fun buffing your wepaon and then stormstrikeing the shit out of enemy

Aren't Warriors and Rogues almost always at the top (or near) in WoW since vanilla?

>over 1 million DPS

The fuck, how much HP do bosses have now?

If you still play this brain dead "game", you're hopeless. I'm just glad you stay in the Blizzard bubble and don't leak out to destroy better games.

>spend a ton of money setting up official servers to their own standards
>90% of people drop out after 2-4 months
>playerbase of current wow becomes even more fragmented

genius idea i'm sure they'll get right on it

I miss when we were indispensable as mana batteries instead of having nothing to offer over any other dps specs with better CC.

>200k difference

I mean, the disparity isn't THAT awful on this chart, I'm just bothered that Ferals have to work twice as hard to pull mediocre numbers

This is literally a Noxxic ranking. Noxxic is a troll site and their sims are intentionally wrong.

This is what it actually looks like, based off several hundred thousand parses uploaded to Warcraftlogs.

Fury warrior on top? Because the gameplay feels like you are fighting with two giant nerf bats, maybe because my gear is shit?