ITT: where the men are separated from the boys

ITT: where the men are separated from the boys

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=KqIHOXYvjkU
youtu.be/DEuZyErYlAU
youtube.com/watch?v=hWOSBA_M_Cg
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Before you were an itch in your daddy's crotch.

>Eridanus
>difficult

Babby.

Strange Journey really doesn't have complex interesting maps. I'm replaying it now and it's extremely obvious they are mostly dressing for the combat like most jap crawlers, no real joy in exploring them. I like the game, but that is the honest truth. And accepting the truth is part of becoming a man.

Is this from a map maker software? If so, I need it for D&D maps.

SJ is not that good compared with the other games. 100% chance you're a newfag who emulated it not so long ago.

Everyone kept shilling this game to me and I tried it and fucking hated it. Everything is ugly to look at, it's obnoxious to play, and the story is predictable as fuck. Why is it so talked up?

I went through this. it was awful (Especially the part before the teleporter maze) but not as vile as it looks. You don't even do it in go since you have a little side trip to Sector Carina.

*one go

I have to disagree, I love SJ's maps and I always return to that game as I find them fun to always play through.
Okay kid, it's one of the best SMT games.
Play more dungeon crawlers, maybe it'll help with your shit taste.

I really just want to see more of this shit. I don't care from where, my dick is too hard to give a shit

Dungeon crawlers are fun.

I love dungeon crawlers, this one is shit by even stonesoup's standards.

The opening village shootout scene. People can talk all they want about how RE4 ruined the survival horror aspect of the series, but the first time I went through this scene I was scared shitless. It might not be traditional survival horror, but feeling completely overwhelmed and surrounded can absolutely be a kind of horror. Especially when you hide out in a safe looking house, and suddenly you're surrounded by even more enemies, including one with a chainsaw, trying to block off every opening as enemies come in every possible entrance. God damn fantastic scene.

Lands of Lore is the fucking best. I'd recommend it to anyone looking for a dungeon crawler of any kind. Manages to be incredibly welcoming and accessible, while still being a satisfying and somewhat deep RPG. Also unbelievable atmospheric, with the best soundtrack I've heard in any dungeon crawler honestly. It has one of my favourite songs of any game:

youtube.com/watch?v=KqIHOXYvjkU

Try some Ultima Underworld.

Eh. SJ is genuinely my favorite game ever made so I feel quite strongly about it but I think to call it shit is pretty extreme.

>I love SJ's maps and I always return to that game as I find them fun to always play through.
Then you haven't played many western crawlers. All the 'puzzles' are as simple as one way doors and teleporters, there are no real secrets, the maps are designed to intentionally be annoying like long 2 space wide rooms because the game only maps squares you walk over, and maps are artificially segmented. It's just very bland and uninspired. It's good for a nipponese game, but by any other metric it's extremely mediocre. I really don't know how you can defend it.

Xeen had a map that was also a crossword puzzle.

what a good game

>I'd recommend it to anyone looking for a dungeon crawler of any kind.
Also worth mentioning that Picard narrates it.
youtu.be/DEuZyErYlAU
Westwood Studios used to pump out so many damn good games. You literally cannot go wrong with them during that particular era. Even their bad games are good.

Erudanis is the reason I won't play it again. It was fun the first time though, but I don't need that much stress in my life again.

youtube.com/watch?v=hWOSBA_M_Cg