AC Orgins. Here we go again

Does Origins have potential to be a high point again for he AC series or is it already doomed for failure? That's my main question.

Personally, I have some hope, it may be misplaced but I don't think I can turn back on my trusting nature and wanting to give the series another chance that I haven't revisited since Black Flag and still love AC1 the ezio trilogy and Rogue.

You may proceed with the usual memeing if you wish but just know Ill be here genuinely waiting to hear back from anyone, even the shitposters and the folks that wanna rope politics into this that wanna have an actual discussion. which is funny, considering where I am but I feel like I need to at least try even at the expense of being called a shill, autistic, etc.

so go ahead

Speak your minds freely, if you will. And if you're going to meme, please make them funny.

WE

Why is it an Action RPG now?

I honestly don't know. I'd image maybe it's like how they changed things up for Zelda in BOTW with having the player act like a survivalist. Though I wonder if this game goes far enough to make it enjoyable and not tedious.

WUZ.

If it's anything close to Black Flag in gameplay, if not story, it'll be good enough. Excited for an open world Egypt game that has a lot of basis in history even if the assassin/templar/alienish stuff is fictional.

I kind of like what we've seen so far, but I still think they can mess it up big time.

Unity was probably the best in the series but it was ignored do to a rocky release. Then Syndacate comes along and it is the absolute worse in the series. Besides that they were really forcing a lot of liberal agenda and politics in the game, and I'm wandering if they are prioritizing advancing their agenda instead of making a good game for origins.

That's exactly what I was thinking and what made me feel optimistic. Black flag had so much charm in some of it's characters, world and even collectables. Those shanties are some of the best things I've ever had to collect in a game.

I seem to recall though that people are complaining about inaccuracies liken black people being in he game or something? It was spammed quite a bit in the other threads I've tried to be apart of. I wasn't quite able to make sense if it all.

What are these political agendas you speak on that you think will be in the game? Gay people? Historical revisionism? Forced diversity?

Speaking from I'm not familiar with Syndicate at all so I'm not sure what they tried to force into it.

>high point again
>again
AC has always been shit.

Understable. Have a good day.

people complained AC stayed the same

what if it alienates the fanbase who have actually stuck with the series for all this time while the same people say AC sucks but they never bother to play the games?

And that is a fair criticism. That said, I hope they balance the old with new things. I want an improved formula, not simply replacements. Refinement over simply preseverint or innovation only for the sake of innovation (that last part sounds stupid but I think you can get what I mean. Sometimes new things can go too far.

and thats exactly the problem I have with origins Unity was the pinnacle but people treat it like garbage

Do we really know that for sure when it comes to origins?

also, I don't see how Unity could be the best. It felt kinda bland. Sure you have multiple routes to kill a guy but they weren't exactly mind blowing aside from a few exceptions.

Im absolutely fine with everything BUT the combat. The Unity model was great and fluid. Most importantly you actually felt like an assassin. They took all of that and threw in the trash and its pretty fucked imo.

Other than that everything else looks good. Removing the minimap was a good idea and I dont mind the loot based system as well.

IM actually ok with people being critical about being "a killing machine" instead of being like an assassin. I mean I loved being able to do half the shit you can do in AC 2, but yea, after Rev, it gets boring real quick.

As for the new combat system, i think we're looking to much into this. This is the very beginning of the assassins, therefore they don't really need to fight as typically as we've seen from AC1, AC2, BlackFlag and Unity.

I've put in a lot of time into Bloodbounre and this could very well fit my wheelhouse in terms of combat. Though I kinda would've liked something like from the Prince of persia series, that could've been so great.

The black people controversy is a meme. The straight of it is this:
> typical ethnic ancient Egyptians were "white" in the same way Semitic people are
> ancient Egypt was a large series of dynasties which span over 4000 years and contained people of many ethnicities
> the black people are Nubians/Kushites, who hail from south of Egypt proper, but haven't really been shown in-game directly; it's not inaccurate for them to be in the game regardless
> the main character is seemingly part black, but this makes sense becuase he's a Medjay - a military order which originally consisted of blacks before losing the racial association over the decades
> Cleopatra was partially, if not wholly, Macedonian Greek (her ancestry is not properly understood and may have had legitimate Egyptian blood) but people meme that she should be black
> the one black Egyptian dynasty was the 25th, in which Egypt was ruled by Nubians/Kushites, but this was several hundred years before this game takes place

>no notable large cities with recognizable landmarks
it'll be shit

I think we can let this one slide. At least until we KNOW what we're gonna be seeing.

Thanks for clearing that up. Always nice to learn new things. AC kinda does that a lot.

NOSOTROS

Well no, not fight as typically as modern assassins but at the same time not like a centurion either.

Good thing everyone in this brown. Even Bayek. Which is why its weird a Nigerian is voicing him.

the fact that it looks like more AC3 wilderness with even less trees is the biggest red flag about this game

VENI VEDI VICI

I'm not buying a game that promotes black supremacy

Any game has a potential to be the pinnacle of its franchise and Origins is no different. It has the right setting to instill a sense of awe while being explored. Sure it will never be like the first time as Ezio with the Jesper Kyd's composition playing in the background and the sun setting on the roofs of Venice but the promise is there. However from what I've seen so far the protag is a stiff mother fucker. He can still turn out to be a cynical deadpan snarker with lovable personality in the finished product but so far it doesn't seem like it.

Lets be honest though, this is Ubisoft we are talking here and I don't think they'll ever make another AC as good as 2.

Tree travel and bush whacking was kinda fun in AC3. To bad it couldn't save it for me. Origins may have something up its selves to address this.

I can appreciate your commit to your beliefs.
Just make him less of an asshole than Altair, less angst than Conor and not a total twit like the twins and I'm sold.

AC3's major weakness was the lack of a decent city. If Origins has a big city, then it is absolutely baffling why that wouldn't be the first thing they show.

KANGZ N SHEET MUHFUGGAH

And so it's complete.
The homestead area was kinda enjoyable to go through but yes, I can't remember what Bew York or Boston are even like but I still remember Firenze, Instanbul and Rome like the back of my hand. I even remember well Jerusalem and the assassins city from AC3.

Black flag managed to do pretty well without being too big on the cities and had some interesting variety to them but again; not as memorable as the other cities I mentioned. Don't know about unity or Syndicate.

i do wonder though, would they keep a large city area hidden for another teaser before the launch?

Combat was changed because they wanted Dark Souls style of gameplay.

I think it looks good but the combat looks janky.

Origins features Alexandria as it's main big city. The official website has a world map on it.

Indeed. Origins needs to have large cities between the wastness of desert to visit, sit on the rooftops listening to the wind blowing and distant chatter of the shitload of people on the ground passing by.

Put in one unique place like the Hanging Gardens of Babylon in pic related and you have a customer.

I think a lot of the jankiness is down to people not using the target lock, and just wildly throwing attacks.

have only played 2 and 3.
wont buy another AC unless its set in Asia, but even if they do, i probably wont buy it cause the gameplay are fucking shit.

user please. My dick can only get so erect. Though Babylon seems a bit of a stretch, even for DLC but one can hope.

Some day, we'll get feudal Japan user.

Some day.

Yeah I am not expecting this beauty exactly but something like it. It's not like they can't make a realistic magical place like the gardens, this is ancient Egypt after all. Though it's also Ubisoft making the game so I dunno man.

Maybe a shit idea but I'd make one location traversable only by inhaling a mixture of plants, like the city is only your imagination with some details being little off and crazier ideas tossed in. The sun being a literal ancient god on his chariot of flames making its way through the skies and battling the night each day only to lose and be reborn again and things like that.

I doubt anything will top AC2 as the high point of the series. The AC games rely on their gimmick. The gimmick is the historic world. AC2 is well remembered because it was something new and interesting. Black Flag is seen as another high point in the franchise because the pirate gimmick was something new too.
For ancient /his/ fags like me Origin's gimmick is great. I don't know how much normies care about that though. I doubt it will be a failure though. They at least advertise it as a changed version of the old formula so it will probably attract some former AC fans and as long as it will run properly there is really not much to ask from an AC game. The writing has never been amazing and the gameplay has always been just as good as it needed to be.
So all in all I'd say this has the potential to be alright. I will buy it for the setting. I wish they would just drop all the templar, alien, futuristic bullshit already. That always drags the AC games down a little further.

user, this is assassins creed, not ExodusXfarcry. Let's not talk about our asssasin MC smoking a burning bush an tripping out all over Luxor.

Then again, I think they teased something about the gods and shit so who knows. Aliens n sheit right?

Couldn't have said it better than I could ever do. I'm pumped. But also scared because Unity happened.

Please don't fuck this up Ubisoft, I'm the only one that believes they make good games but have management make the stupidiest of decisions.

Are you faggots really going to buy another ass creed game after the last couple of awful games? Gamers really have the memory of a goldfish

go climb a desert

It's almost Pavlovian. When did Sup Forums get this underage and cancerous?

Wrong time period by a couple thousand years

AYOOOOOOOOOOO

Wouldn't it be easier to swim? WAAAYOOOOOOOO
It's better for them to let it out. Otherwise they get tense.
Idk, at the very least you're certainly not Koi about your dislike of the series. It's fair to say they've underperformed but this looks more promising, it's not like people aren't wary, it's just nice to be optimistic than pessimistic about It

>Unity was probably the best in the series but it was ignored do to a rocky release
This desu. I finally just finished it with my file at 100% and I still can't believe how underrated it is. Only real complaint though, is that if you're the type to complete it 100% and get everything on the map, Unity was the absolute king of millions of pointless fucking chests. Seriously, the map was godawful and filled with collectibles everywhere. I can find collectibles comfy, and collect them all every AC game, but Unity was insane with all the filler. Is Syndicate as bad, collectibles-wise?

About the shield, is it confirmed that shields are breakable? Ubi modeled the new combat after Witcher 3, but I don't remember Geralt lugging a shield around. I just remember him twirling a sword like a 4-foot dick.

GOT LONDON ON DA TRACK

Unity was GOAT though if you actually play it

Indeed, that's why I said something like it.