So has this just been memed into popularity, or is it actually a good Total War game?

So has this just been memed into popularity, or is it actually a good Total War game?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Q73vYMb9rt4
steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1120180673
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

its good dont believe the historicfags lies

It has a different flavor. The typical CA game shortcomings and cheese is their but I think combat is mechanically different enough to warrant a try.

Good enough to overcome CA's jewery?

What "jewery", nigger? Warhammer DLC are head and shoulders above any other DLCs for previous TW titles.

My favourite Total War yet, the only one I'm still playing. But I'm a Warhammerfag. I miss weather, seasons, deployable fortifications, but it's minor nitpicking.

Needs mods to get the perfect TW+WHFB mashup imo

When all 3 games are released and combined it should be awesome

Well, that's what I'm asking about. I got burned by Rome 2's DLC practices and barely invested anything into Attila as a result.

It's alright. Overpriced DLC, I'm still trying to find a torrent with just the DLC.

Eh. Probably. I got it in that humble bundle thing for like 10 bucks, so I'm ok with getting jew'd a bit. If I bought it at full price and then had to still buy half the shit in the game I'd be fucking pissed though.

Last total war I played was Rome II and anything is better than that shit launch. However I really enjoyed Total War Warhammer. Ended up completing a legendary campaign as Skarsnik and then went on to other stuff.

What mods? I remember hearing that the battlefields are largely just permutations on the same flat open field - are there better maps for the campaign?

Same shit as Shogun 2 and Rome 2

yeah there's a huge custom map mod/submod for more unique battlefields and sieges

As a big fan of TWW I think the faction/race DLC is slightly overpriced for the most part except for Norsca DLC. Chaos warriors were recently buffed but are still kinda lame. beastmen are fun but their mini campaign is shit. Same for wood elves. The two empire/undead and dwarf/greenskin DLC's are great, especially the latter. The King and the Warlord and the Norsca DLC are head and shoulders above the others, its not funny.

I'm getting mixed messages. Shogun 2 was the best Total War game until warhammer

>same shit as the best of the series and the worst of the series

I've heard the DLC is worth getting even if you don't play as them - their inclusion in the overall map really changes things. Is this true?

>I've heard the DLC is worth getting even if you don't play as them - their inclusion in the overall map really changes things.
Whoever told you that, punch him in the face next time you see him. DLC factions are patched into the game as enemies for free, you only need to buy the DLC if you want to play as the DLC the factions.

The factions are in the game even if you don't buy the DLC.
IE: If you don't buy the Wood elves, they're still in the game as a full AI faction.
So you don't have to buy the DLC to interact with the races, only if you want to play as them.

Ah, well, that's really good to know, and certainly not what they said it was.

Are Lizardmen in the original? Or do I have to buy the second game?

Lizards are in the 2nd game, but if you buy both games you can play the grand/combined map when its released.

Nope, it's pretty bad and I don't get the love for it on Sup Forums, since Sup Forums is usually very critical of any game's faults.

They took the historical games, removed formations, food, good trade, family trees, naval battles, good sieges, and replaced it with a garbage magic system and an unending dlc plan.

Somehow, retards are eating this up in large numbers. Total War: Warhammer is nothing but a franchise of continuous race pack after race pack.

I have over 200 hours put in it, so I like to think I know what I'm talking about more than the average Sup Forumsirgin.

They all play exactly the same bitch

>Warhammer DLC are head and shoulders above any other DLCs for previous TW titles.

Yeah blood dlc for 5 bucks was a steal

>they all play exactly the same biotch

They had to have the blood cost something for them to keep a T rating. Could they have made the base game five bucks cheaper? Sure. Doesn't means that wanting to market to as wide an audience as possible is bad.

I'm not sure that's true, familam.

>5 bucks
It was $2 when I got it, the same as every previous version of it, and even then I paid for it with steambox exclusively made by card drops, the same as every previous version of it.

CA can suck a fat cock

just pirate all the DLC if you don't want to pay

>The best DLC added to Total Warhammer was free

Buyfags BTFO

Well it couldn't have been in the base game, and free dlc is considered "base" by the MSRP. Not to mention that it might have gotten the game banned in some countries.

the latest crack are missing the newest updates

Obvious shill

>paying in dollaridoos
No wonder you're so mad.

Blood & Gore 2.99 DLC in a game about commanding massive armies in all out war

buy legit game, pirate all the overpriced DLC and get all the mods without hassle.

Or wait for a new crack.

Why are knights of every faction so fucking overpowered?

>Wanting the game banned in Australia when you can just not AND make a little more money while you're at it.

Only knights that make me mad are Chaos Knights because they are practically unstoppable

>each faction has access to a unit of the same power
>why are these units overpowered??

It's garbage. Just pirate it.

Fuck off already, dumb shill

Because they're knights.

Do you even know what "shilling" means? Or are you just regurgitating what you hear other people say because you're too afraid to have your own opinion?

Why are dwarves so much stronger than the other races?

>388596964
I don't care I dont' live in australia I live in Canada. Aussies can get fucked bunch of cucks. I need blood in my war game. No excuses. Don't care.

So glad I paid $12 on that humble bundle for TW:WH1. Was trash. Will not be buying 2.

Okay. Nobody cares if you buy it or not.

Because they're the best. Their grudges makes them strong.

Yeah OP compared to shit like in M2, where a single charge against anything but the highest tier unit was guaranteed to break them.

They aren't though. Dwarfs are the weakest race in MP where balance actually matters.

t.grimgor

To more accurately simulate the tabletop. 7th and 8th Ed WHFB was all about death stars

t. Grombindal

They're really not. They're strong only in the beginning, since their starting units are really good. End game though, they suck pretty much everyone's cock due to lolnocavalry and are forced to always play defensively.

Most people got the base game for $10 and pirated the DLC.

I like dwarves.

youtube.com/watch?v=Q73vYMb9rt4

Dwarfs are legit the weakest MP race though. They're strong in single player because AI is retarded and greenskins have 0 early game armor piercing.

t. beggar nohammer

Grombrindal is way too good

Why do all the unit voice actors sound so alike? It's like they're still using the one guy who did all the unit voice acting in Atilla as their only unit VA, making dwarves sound like fucking humans.

I think its decent and I enjoy how distinct each faction is.

I am pissed at myself for buying the Norsca DLC before seeing it comes free with the purchase of Warhammer 2 though.

At least Norsca is fun. They are kind of like the elves where they can have a rough start but after a certain point they become unstoppable death gods.

And you can't fucking lose if you actually manage to become the everchosen. That shit is insane.

SUMMON

I haven't read text thread and don't know how many serious responses you've received but I'll be legit

Rome 1: fantastic
Medieval 2: fantastic
Shogun: shit
Rome 2: decent.
Atillia: decent because I hate the time period. Otherwise could have been great.

Warhammer: fantastic. Love the unit variety between the factions. Love the lore. Well put together game. If you buy the game , don't buy the wood elf and beastmen DLC. Each one is like 20 bucks and not worth it. All the other smaller dlc is worth it.

Hope this helps someone

Does he get big buffs for betraying the evercuck and defeating him or something?

Depends really. They are really slow and that hurts them, especially later on. And with all the new DLC races adding fucktons of units that either pierce or ignore armor, they lost a lot of their strength. I remember on release their ironbreakers could not fucking die.

you get -75% factionwide upkeep

You forgot about empire you autist. Shogun 2 was excellent.

>Shogun: shit
>Rome 2: decent.

Never played it so can't give an opinion on it

Reminder that this is arguably the best Total War because of all the monstrous units improving on the rock paper scissors of previous games.

You get a few. But the main one you might even miss when overlooking it is 75% off unit upkeep. This means you can spam INFINITE armies and never run out of money ever. You can not lose the game. You drown the fucking world in chaos.

Its funny, because if you aren't paying attention, becoming Acheron's bitchboy gives really good bonuses that might make you choose that route, which is also tempting because you get to be butt buddies with the chaos swarm instead of them trying to sweep across your lands right away because they spawn on your doorstep.

As compared to recolouring the same unit models and selling them as new factions? LMAO, I'll take the blood pack, because the actual faction packs are amazing and better than any history trash.

>removed formations
Wrong. Formations are replaced with unit passive effects that kick in under certain conditions, you haven't even played the game and your opinion is worthless garbage.

>family trees
>in a game with immortal demigods and characters like Sigvald

>naval battles
Good fucking riddance.

>good sieges
You mean they actually made the sieges good, since bringing arty to a siege does not automatically grant you a zero loss victory due to how far enemy watchtowers can reach now, right?

>garbage magic system
More like your uninformed opinion is garbage. The "magic is useless" meme is very stale, picrelated.

In other words, your entire post is wrong, your opinion is uninformed trash and you should just fucking end yourself.

poor little Empire boy

Good to know. Thanks

Yeah $15 for reskins of other factions. Amazing dlc

>Wood Elves
>Beastmen
>reskins of other factions

how are wood elves or beastmen reskins?

>$15 for reskins of other factions
Next time at least put SOME fucking effort into your shitposts, mongoloid. The factions are different down to the fucking skeletons, you shit eating-cuck. The models, the animations, even the skeletons are different to make different types of animations look better. A single Warhammer faction DLC has arguably more effort put into it than an entire historical title due to the number of drastically different models and animations that needed to be made.

>You mean they actually made the sieges good,
HAAHAHAHAHAH8AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

If you want a dumbed down total war with no variety between factions and hardly any content go for it.

Tomb Kings have best lore disregard all other factions.

Aww, look at the poor little shitter who can no longer bring a fuckton of artillery to a siege battle and spend 30 minutes blasting the walls with impunity, killing 90% of defenders with zero losses. Did those siege watchtowers that now cover the entire attacker deployment area destroy your ass that hard that you came to shitpost here?

If different factions have different skeletons and each unit has a skeleton, then what is the skeleton of a Vampire Count skeleton unit?

He's talking about the fact that visually it's nothing.

Compare the added units, to the lack of added anything else. I'm not that poster you're talking to but I agree with his sentiment regardless of the fact they "had to make new assests" smheh!

Game don't play much differently.

steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1120180673

*fixes your game*

Nobody gives a shit about a watery tart you trashcans.

>lack of added anything else
what does this mean? Maps? Mechanics? Because they added both of those things with both DLCs.

beastmen and woodelves look and play drastically different to all other factions

Can I have sex with elves in this game?

>food replace with unique resource for factions

>TW having good sieges ever with awful pathing

>Good trade

I hope you aren't talking about merchants because I sure love autistically watching them throughout the game.

Its pretty good, honestly enjoyed Shogun2 more but the fantasy setting is a good way to mix it up. Do love how every race is different and not just a football team with not the same colors as you. Siege battles is the weakest part, not bad, just very bland, modded maps help a ton.

>visually it's nothing
>different models
>different animations
>visually it's nothing

>to the lack of added anything else
>unique Norsca gameplay mechanics with monster hunting quests and the ability to cuck Archaon
>unique Beastmen and Elf campaigns
>lack of added anything else

>Game don't play much differently.
Yeah, I'm sure the dwarfs with virtually no cavalry play the same as cavalry heavy Brettonia. Fucking mongoloid.

I dont care that you don't care you damn fartface. Frig u. I dont' care

>The campaign is... shit, it's just shit

From the mouths of CA employees themselves.

Right down to the hair physics.

It's pretty awful.

darren, the biggest Total War fan in existence, just disemboweled CA and Warhammer
so you could say it isn't quite the best Total War game

It's main flaws are that battles are over too quickly and a lot of piss-poor maps
Other that that it's pretty damn good