CHOOSE

CHOOSE

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=2OdHygmiJqk
youtube.com/watch?v=voch70MxMtc
youtube.com/watch?v=S3Qwb0Wjz8w
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Ages

Better music, better dungeons, better core mechanic, better poster girl, better plot, more relevant villain. Tokay are GOAT tier Zelda race.

Seasons is good too, it has better items and a better overworld, plus Subrosia is great.

ages

I want to live in the world where they got all three so I can say Secrets.

Seasons was all around the better game

>tfw whenever someone talks about what they want for the next Zelda it's always some BotW or Toon Link bullshit and I just want them to wrestle the design document for Secrets off of Capcom and finally complete the trilogy

nigga you gotta beat both games to get the true ending yoi know that right?

I played Ages first, then seasons as a kid. I remember thinking it was cool Seasons had a lot of Zelda 1 influences.

Also fuck you Nick for taking my players guide for this game. I was trying to double complete both games and you stole my check list

I used to draw maps of a third game like an autistic twat.

This was only two years ago

Seasons felt more like a fangame homage to Zelda as it was made first.

With Ages they really got the hang of designing the map, items, dungeons, etc. It was a LOT more challenging than Seasons.

The only thing I hated about both of these games was the damn dancing minigame. How do you emulate past this shit.

>I just want them to wrestle the design document for Secrets off of Capcom and finally complete the trilogy
Do you really want modern Nintendo making Oracle of Secrets?

>The only thing I hated about both of these games was the damn dancing minigame. How do you emulate past this shit.
Git gud.

Holy shit Jim Profit!

See you later guy.

Sure, why not?

>No content
>Weapon degradation
>Giving Aonuma more control

What is Oracle of Secrets? Just looked it up on Google and I couldn't find anything. Is it a canceled third "oracle of" game?

Ages is a clear cut above Seasons, its dungeons are some of the best in the series.

I remember being in a thread where everyone was on Seasons dick, but that might have been one single user because every other thread I've ever seen on Sup Forums sides with Ages, the patrician choice.

Don't forget
>everything about ALBW damaging dynamic even further.

I had Seasons and sister got Ages.

Picking Season mainly because it was mine.

Seasons then Ages.
Holodrum is the best 2D Zelda land.

>No content
How do you mean? Recent Nintendo games have had no issue with this.
>Weapon degradation
What makes you think this would be present? Do you think every Zelda game since Majora's Mask has a 3 day time limit?
>Giving Aonuma more control
He's fine when he's not making Toonshit.

Yes. The oracle of secrets is now downgraded to the npc giving you the save passwords

Seasons is a /vr/ pick, that's for sure.

Ages is alright, but Seasons has the most charm out of it all.

Seasons, though Ages is effectively equal to it in my eyes. Really, I just like the seasons gimmick more than the time gimmick.

I liked Seasons more than Ages.
But both are a must.

I played Ages. My brother played Seasons.

When the time game we swapped games for ring codes.

Ages has the purest waifu in the form of Nayru. Djin is a total slut who cares nothing for the realms of man. Also Dmitri is the coolest fucking partner and that shit was rad as fuck when it first came out.

Ages was puzzle focused, and Seasons was action focused. So of course morons are going to say Seasons, and only a few intellectuals will go fo Ages.

>fo

Looks like you made a typo. Everything you said is now invalid.

While I agree Ages was better Seasons did have a way better final boss in Onox. Veran was a great character but a shit fight.

Secrets had the time travelling mechanic from Ages while Ages originally had a gimmick based on colors. I think they probably merged the two games together, since Ages had quite a bit of puzzles involving colors.

>How do you mean? Recent Nintendo games have had no issue with this.
Breath of the Wild is as wide as an ocean and as deep as a puddle. Copy-pasted shrines are not content.

>What makes you think this would be present?
Breath of the Wild's success. Aonuma is extremely adept at learning the WRONG lessons from the games he works on.

>He's fine when he's not making Toonshit.
Sorry, but a man who dies to Octoroks in the original Zelda and finds lifting stones and cutting grass to be the most-fun activities in LttP is not fine in any capacity.

>Ages was puzzle focused, and Seasons was action focused.
So you're saying that Seasons was real Zelda and Ages was Nu-Zelda shit.

Seasons represented adventure and power
Ages represented puzzles and wisdom
Secrets could have been exploration and courage

>Breath of the Wild is as wide as an ocean and as deep as a puddle. Copy-pasted shrines are not content.
Yeah they are. You don't like them, but they're content.

>Breath of the Wild's success.
Ocarina's success didn't stop them from making the content-free garbage that is Wind Waker. If there's anything you should have learned about Zelda it's that they rarely do an encore performance for the mainline games. Plus, Secrets would be a handheld game, so it'd be free of the strictures of the mainline games anyway.

>Sorry, but a man who dies to Octoroks in the original Zelda and finds lifting stones and cutting grass to be the most-fun activities in LttP is not fine in any capacity.
Explain why.

LA had puzzles too you know.

>Yeah they are. You don't like them, but they're content.
No, more dungeons would have been content. BotW's shrines never progress beyond the initial shrines in terms of complexity or difficulty.

>If there's anything you should have learned about Zelda it's that they rarely do an encore performance for the mainline games.
The whole idea of BotW was to shake up the Zelda formula. This it did do, but it was not shaken up in the right way.

>Plus, Secrets would be a handheld game, so it'd be free of the strictures of the mainline games anyway.
Minish Cap followed the structure of the mainline games. Phantom Hourglass and Spirit Tracks were handheld games that followed the structure of the mainline games and those were trash.
There's no guarantee of quality for handheld Zelda games.

>Explain why.
Because a man that gets frustrated by the original game and quits has no business making games in the series. The original Zelda was a phenomenon and is the foundation upon which all subsequent Zelda games are built. If Aonuma cannot even manage to beat it, let alone get past the first enemies he encounters, he has no business working on any of the games in the series. I wouldn't hire a man who doesn't know how to use a drill as a carpenter.

ages

don't get me wrong, i like 2d zelda combat, but ages puzzles were way more compelling

albw was better than lttp

Ages has the better puzzle-based dungeons. Seasons is more action.

Share said drawings?

You're not alone user I too was the autist who drew maps of games I wished I could make.

Nintendo already stole the director and writer of the oracle games, he directed skyward sword and breath of the wild. They could just ask him.

Season because of the combat focus, better music ( lies), the original zelda soft reboot remains and because playing with seasons takes way less time than playing with time

youtube.com/watch?v=2OdHygmiJqk
youtube.com/watch?v=voch70MxMtc
youtube.com/watch?v=S3Qwb0Wjz8w

>Ages is shit
>Seasons is neat

That wasn't too hard.

This user gets it.

I love both but I think I prefer Ages slightly more.

I really wish Zelda would bring back the seed shooter, either in 2D or 3D. The seeds were amazing.

Jesus christ I've completely forgotten just how much I love both of these games. I'm going to play Seasons again, then ages after. Thanks user!

I like Seasons more. Both are great though.

i finished ages a while ago and im currently going through seasons. Seasons seems considerably easier than ages, dungeons are easier and more linear and i havent got stuck in the game yet, as opposed to several times in ages. they are both good though.

on my way to dungeon 6 i think

I enjoyed the later dungeons (5-8) in Seasons way more than the ones in Ages. On the other hand, Ages had better dungeons in the earlier half.

Seasons, Din a qt

>shit was rad as fuck when it first came out
I used to think Capcom was amazing because of the Zelda games they developed. Then I hear a bunch of hate online nowadays and it hurts to think some of my favorite zelda games are made by a company that uses shitty, anticonsumer practices

Seasons.

I got to play and enjoy both games, as well as the link cable extra, thanks to my brother and his gameboy.

However I think my favorite Zelda game is Minish Cap

I like them both so much. I think it's safe to say most people probably side with the one they played first. If I had to pick though, Ages.

Ages is the superior game overall, with a much steeper difficulty curve, but Seasons' open world is far more fun and lighthearted outside of the story, whereas Ages largely invokes a sense of emptiness and despair.

RIP Moosh

I played seasons first and didn't know Ages was actually a completely different game, I thought it was a Pokemon deal with minor differences. Ages felt more like links awakening to me but both did anyway

Thread convinced me, getting Ages on my 3DS even though I already own Seasons. These games have password features, right?

beat seasons first, then put code into ages

Nice, already got the code. This will be fun

Which one?

HOW MANY PEOPLE DON'T KNOW ABOUT THIS SHIT?

I LEARNED ABOUT IT THROUGH NINTENDO POWER!

HOLY FUCK WHAT IS WRONG WITH PEOPLE THESE DAYS?

Why doesn't someone make a fan version of Secrets?

I always liked Moosh the best but apparently he's the shittiest.

moosh breaks the game, but makes certain maps much harder to navigate.
kangaroo is the vanilla choice.
demitri is absolutely useless.

Only if you're a ninny who can't mash the button.

Ricky is literally the scrub's choice.

Secrets... secrets...

What the fuck are you talking about? I don't see how that's Zelda related.

If it's Oracle related, I haven't played it in over 15 years.

The missing third version.
Oracle of Ages, Seasons and the third version Secrets starring Farore

Ricky is the only one that isn't made obsolete by an item.

Didn't she play a bigger role when the games were linked?

Did you keep your promise?

... that sounds like bullshit to me because why the fuck would a game called AGES not have the time travel mechanic?

and then you abandon her for a hundred years and she dies

Si.

I unironically wanted to fuck that tree.
However I wouldn't know where to fuck her.

I'd knock her down and make her my firewood.

Her entrance...

The main pet related chunk of map changes based on your choice anyway. Dmitri ain't useless though since there ARE water sections on the overworld without pet choices that his speed would be handy on. Plus his one shot kill attack has a deceptively wide one. He's always a lot of fun. Moosh sounds fun when you hear he can fly but honestly there isn't much point to flying in these games except for the things specifically designed for Moosh (curving pathways of pitfalls) other than maybe flying over some enemies that can't also jump/fly or crossing regular pits a little quicker. Ricky isn't really all that helpful because his travel gimmick is ledges, something there aren't any outside of the one area and his punches are straightforward and the tornado must be charged and his bullshit hopping stride kinda means you're rarely going to be lined up perfectly to use it.

To be honest if you don't go out of your way to summon your pet all the time for no good reason you will find that you basically never use any of them because it's usually more efficient to go without them so pick based on novelty.

I always wondered if she had a second entrance to go inside that is a tile rip of Jabu Jabu's belly in a 10 by 30 area where you can pick up a heart container if you go to the top most point.

Also a pull lever that shot you out in a torrent of water once fully pulled

>Drifting dungeon half in the past and half in the future, using time travel mechanics
>You go through it with the shittiest swimming in any 2d game
I have a love hate thingie with ages

>Mermaid's Cave
>You're the Mermaid

>puzzle-based dungeons
Literally shit.