Who did you choose?

Who did you choose?

the one with tits

No one, because I never played that shit game.

Ashley knew the risks she was taking so I let her die

I wasn't going to give Ashley the satisfaction of dying a hero.

I never saved Ashley even once. Several times I've gone through planning to save her, but I've never been able to actually go through with it. RIP bitch. You will not be missed.

I saved the one who wasn't a bigot

after playing through it once each way, I think sacrificing kaidan is the right choice. dude's head is fucked up and he gets constant headaches. ashley comes across as a bit of a bitch in the early game but develops as a character and becomes one of the most reasonable people in the crew by the end

Ashley ended up defending the bomb, bomb was mission critical
If Kaidan was a soldier worth saving he'd have understood that decision.

I never noticed how Kaiden looks like Krycek from X-Files.

SJW pls go

>NCO or an Officer

Choice is pretty clear OP

kaiden because she's a xenophobe
tali & garrus & wrex were my bros

didn't think he'd turn out to be the awkward gay friend in 3

>maybe we should recognize these aliens don't have our best interests at heart but will look out for their own species just as we would
>wow shut up bigot
>council does exactly that
>maybe we shouldn't let these strange aliens on our brand new ship and go right into the engine room with our bleeding edge experimental tech
>wow shut up bigot
>tali steals the tech

I think you have that condition where you can't recognize human faces.

Race will always be a problem, but Ashley was nasty from the start. Not only was she openly racist and inflammatory towards new crew, that bitch doubted my command. If the game would let me I'd have blown her out the airlock in the first hour of her being on the ship.

And she was Christian.

You don't really benefit from saving Kaiden and Ashley puts out in the end so Ashley though I have a save file for each decision

>Wrex
>FUCK THE SALARIANS AND TURIANS
>Garrus
>FUCK THE KROGAN, QUARIANS HAD IT COMING
>Mordin
>STERILIZE KROGAN, THEN COME BACK TO MURDER THEIR FERTILE WOMEN AND STERILIZE THEM AGAIN
>Samara
>OTHER SOCIETIES WITH THEIR OWN LAWS AND CUSTOMS? I'LL FUCKING BREAK THE LAW AND KILL INNOCENT COPS TO ENFORCE MY ASARI DOCTRINE
>Grunt
>I AM GENETICALLY PROGRAMMED TO HATE ALIENS

Why was Ash such a fucking xenophobe guys? Worst character.

>xenophobe
>insult

Know how I knoe youre a heretic?

Doesn't matter they ruined both of them. Kaiden was boring at the start though, so he never make it to ME2 for me.

Kaidan because homosexual

And because a one of the most impressive human biotics is more valuable than a tranny soldier with nothing special to contribute

He just gets occasional migraines because his outdated biotic implant. However despite this he manages to be a powerful biotic that can even warp, something that shouldn't be possible.

Ashley. She was redpilled and turned out to be completely right as a racist.

Kaidan puts out too

I picked the vagina.

This. People only irrationally hate Ashley because she's a bitch, not because of her objectively correct views.

he's also a homo in disguise

Seriously, no one bats an eye toward the aliens when they do/say racist stuff. But Ashley gets shit on for it constantly. What a load of crap.

I've saved both but usually go with Ashley.

Call of duty fan, eh?

Carth of course.
They were both good characters, with interesting backstories, I know it's the meme to shit on them for dumbass reasons, but mamma didn't raise no dumbass.

I think the whole argument against racism in Mass Effect is pretty odd as well.

I mean, aliens literally are of a different race.

That's like whining about racism against cats or dogs.

>Wrex
Yeah he has a pretty damn good reason though
>Garrus
Not once do I remember him saying anything bad about another species
>Mordin
He wasn't xenophobic though, he just used science as his scapegoat
>Samara
That just doesn't make sense
>Grunt
Where are you getting this from?

Ashley is best because she hates all that xeno scum. Every race needs to be purged

ashley
every time

I chose Ashley. She was interesting and actually had character. She grew as a person. Kaiden was just empty and boring.

Both their eyes look the same. It's a bit creepy.

The racist white bitch, so I could breed her with my BBC

Ash. She's fun to hate. Kaidan is just kinda... there.

since im not a fag I would choose the girl, what game is this?

>choosing the wooden plank with a migraine
>ever
lol

I..I still ca't believe you did that. You put my life ahead of hers. I mean I'm not ungrateful, don't think I'm am at all but...*sigh* so much is at stake here and I'm just one soldier. This is a cause I'm willing to die for and I wouldn't regret it for an instant if I were the one who had to be left behind.

>Why would you say that? I can never understand you. One moment I'm calling you a hero, like I should, like you should be, and the next you're-you're a child. Does everything have to be an argument with you? I...look, can we just get back to what we were doing? Forget it, I don't want to talk any more.

Mass Effect 1

first playthrough, ash. second playthrough, kaiden.

>taking it personally when a subordinate 'questions your command'
Ok Queeg, don't be surprised when you steam over your toeline there.

You know, by trusting random aliens you picked up in the back-alleys of space-washington...AND GOD FORBID ONE OF YOUR UNDERLINGS RAISES AN EYEBROW SO HELP YOU

Though I agree, Christians aren't to be trusted.

>Wrex
Angry at the species that caused his to fall to the brink of extinction, unfortunate but very understandable. And also holds an extremely critical eye to his own people and the way they are only accelerating their own demise through their own primitive barbarism.

>Garrus
Huh?

>Mordin
Did horrible things in the name of science, then grew a conscience and SAVED their fertile women and CURED the sterilization.

>Samara
Obsessive adherence to her code, not the same thing as internal hatred, mistrust, and ignorance.

>Grunt
You said it yourself, he's programmed genetically.

Most of those examples aren't racism, some aren't even true, and the few comparable examples show how shallow, contemptible, and inexcusable Ashley's racism is. Fuck that bitch, everyone is right to hate her and not the others.

Not that user but
>mordin grew a conscience
more like lost his spine
guy got old and grew soft on his convictions
Curing the krogan THEN, BEFORE evolution had run its course and all the bloodthirsty idiotic killers had been wiped out is just going to make history repeat itself.
If he'd let wrex & his crew get organized & survive it would have drastically shifted krogan culture in the long run.
Instead he cut them off right as they started to get their feet under them, before the pre-phage warlords had even all died off.
FFS how fucking retarded & bleeding-heart can you get?
He FUCKED the krogans by curing them prematurely.

>samarra
Oh wow so dogmatic obedience & homicidal ruthlessness are better than JUSTIFIED-AND-VINDICATED caution & the courage to speak truth to power, got it

>muh genetic programming
Fuck that he's a person don't deny his agency.

Ashley looks hotter in 2 and 3. How can you not choice her?

are a fag.

are a faggot.

>ash becomes a transvestite in 3
Letting her die in 1 is a mercy

Wrex has very good reasons to be racist, but you win him over after Virmire (with ashley being very very helpul with that of course, yes.) He's jaded and has every right to be, but he's not far gone enough that he can't see the good in people anyway ("Shepard! My friend!")

Garrus never really has beef with any of the other races, whenever he brings up reservations, it's really more him wanting the both of you to reflect upon whatever dilemna the species currently involved and if you're sure about what you're doing. Additionally a big part of Garrus' character was the fact that he didn't see things the same way most Turians do. ("I don't think I make a very good Turian")

Mordin changed. People do that all the time, especially when you get old and start seeing things in a different light. ("I made a mistake!")

Samara and Grunt's values are literally pounded into their brains by an external party, they can't be put to blame for it. You can argue that Samara chose to become a justicar, but only after severe emotional trauma that broke her and Grunt is a literal child who doesn't know better.

>playing 3
Also, kaidan becomes a gaylord that takes it up the ass, so you're still choosing who dies and who wishes they died.

>mordin changed
no shit, for the worse
he went and fucked it all up.

>samara/grunt
Stop that. They're responsible for their thoughts and actions just as much as any other sane person. Stop being biased with the freaky-ayys.

People like you miss the point. You are the FIRST Human Specter, given the job by a bunch of these aliens. You are going to be under a microscope to prove to these other species that they can trust humans to co-exist with them, and not try to back stab them. Ashley's views not only make you look bad to the people you work for, but also sew seeds of discontent among the crew, which now includes aliens who have knowledge and skills that are going to be key to the mission. This puts the mission in jeopardy. On top of all this, she questions her commanding officer, showing no respect for authority. Ashley is a terrible crewmate who can't put the mission, and the greater good, over her own biases. The best call would be to reprimand her, and bench her during important tasks to avoid any more divisive behavior.

Same deal here, but with some bizarre strawman arguments.
>Wrex
Didn't have a Salarian on my ship, so it wasn't an issue. Didn't like to talk to other crew members, so Garrus wasn't an issue either
>Garrus
This isn't true
>Mordin/Samara/Grunt
By ME2 Sheapard is literally working with Cerberus, who is a human supremacist organization, because nobody else is willing to help. On top of that, they have their own agent in Miranda keeping tabs on you and undermining your authority already. At this point, you need whoever you can get, and having a few xenophobes in the crew isn't nearly as dangerous as having a vengeful bounty hunter, a Geth, and a fucking unstable ex-con with super powers an an attitude problem. As soon as Sheapard hooks back up with the Citadel in ME3, things are back to normal, with the exception of Javik.

Ashley is my Mass Effect waifu for all eternity and my headcanon partner for my headcanon male shep. I never hooked up with anyone else in ME2 and 3 because I always stayed true to my romantic god-fearing Gunnery Chief.
Sorry Kaidan, you never stood a chance

>mordin
The galaxy was engaged in the most desperate war any of its spacefaring civilizations had ever known, and Krogan strength was needed. Whatever issues might arise with the Krogans later was small potatoes compared to the threat the Reapers posed right the fuck then.

>samara
I actually don't like Samara for that reason. But previous user overreached himself trying to tie everything together with the theme of racism, where Samara's flaws plainly have nothing to do with the subject.

>Grunt
No one is absolving him of personal responsibility. But there is a COLOSSAL difference between someone brainwashed from birth by a creator with an agenda, and someone who is hateful and ignorant the old-fashioned way. Treating the two differently is completely justified.

>reaper threat, krogans now
Ok, so mordin's ok with unlocking their chastity belt & dooming everyone to yet another krogan war (if they survive) if they're willing to fight another of the citadel races' wars for them? Pft how magnanimous of him.
And that's the only motivation there- to manipulate the currently-living krogans into fighting without reserve/hard-feelings.
Because they might breed fast but NOT fast enough for the breeding to make a difference in the reaper conflict.

>implying parents don't brainwash their children from birth with their agendas
k

Kaidan because gay

Killed Ashley in ME1.
Killed Kaidan in ME3.
Killed Tali in ME3 too. Geths>Quarians.

kaidan, bros before hoes

>Ok, so mordin's ok with unlocking their chastity belt & dooming everyone to yet another krogan war
Yes, because otherwise everyone will die anyway.

>if they're willing to fight another of the citadel races' wars for them
No, with them. And all non-Citadel races too.

>Pft how magnanimous of him
Weren't you just bitching about how much of a bleeding heart Mordin became in his old age

>And that's the only motivation there- to manipulate the currently-living krogans into fighting without reserve/hard-feelings.
Again, this is an apocalypse scenario for all advanced civilizations in the entire galaxy. What the fuck do you want.

>they might breed fast but NOT fast enough for the breeding to make a difference in the reaper conflict.
There was no guarantee the war would last another week at any point. But A), again, EVERYONE dies if the war is lost, so the more soldiers the better, and B) if somehow they found a way to extend the war long enough, then Krogan numbers would have certainly helped. A supreme longshot to be sure, but again, galaxywide death. You take every potential advantage that presents itself.

>comparing bad parenting to literal genetic manipulation
Thank you for admitting that you have no argument.

Why do you fuckers not actually play Mass Effect?
Garrus is an absolute mad lad in ME1, he talks loads of shit on the Krogan and the Quarians about endangering the galaxy via rebellion and geth respectively, with fucking Wrex and Tali standing right next to him prompting an argument.

>where am I getting Grunt hating Turians and Salarians from
I dunno you should probably play ME2 and talk to him more than once

>obsessive adherence to a code that disregards the laws and rights of other species/societies isn't racist
>murdering someone because they didn't follow YOUR fucking specific ancient asari laws isn't as bad as not trusting ayes on your one-of-a-kind space warfare revolutionizing stealth ship
Am I being baited? Ash is a dry cunt but there's a good reason Justicars are heavily encouraged to never, ever leave Asari space.
My point is that it's not even a real issue that Ash is xenophobic - MOST of the fucking cast is xenophobic for both good and bad reasons. The "everyone is just animals" damage control in 2 was cringey.

what is this autism
I could see Garrus because the Normandy was a joint op and Ash is ass mad about the First Contact War, but just ask the Turian or Salarian councilor about a Krogan and a Quarian accessing Normandy stealth tech - which by the way are neither are fucking council races you retard, and in fact have been aggressively shit on by the Council to the point of near extinction. Nice "coexistence".

>Am I being baited?
See

Who dies on Virmire is the hardest choice I've ever had to make in an RPG...

Because I couldn't decide who I wanted to kill more.

Depends of if I'm playing man or woman, gotta keep that team gender neutral and keep my options open.

>Mordin changed for the worse
At no point did Mordin want to genocide the Krogan user. The point of the genophage was to have Krogan slow the fuck down and reproduce/advance like normal races, especially since Krogan don't seem to fucking die of old age.

His entire fucking arc is realizing that he accidentally genocided the Krogan because he looked at them as a statistic rather than accounting for things like people becoming suicidal because you're living on a shithole planet with no chance of love, garbage life expectancy, and freedom means running off planet to become a hired thug with the most lucrative jobs involving killing people for money. In other words "dehumanized".
He admits reapplication was a mistake due to his bias, not the original genophage which was justifiably necessary.

>Samara
user, I don't know what to fucking tell you. The Justicar Code was created by Asari, for Asari. Outright ignoring other societies rights and laws is already fucked up on a planetary level, let alone a galactic community. And then she fucking applies her own. Are you even imagining that? Someone walking up to you and saying "Sorry, but in my country I'm compelled.to kill you"?
How do you want to define this complete disregard of rights? Intolerance of other races and cultures isn't exactly a fucking hard reach.

>Grunt was brainwashed
He was taught. He could ignore some of the teachings, like loyalty to Okeer. The imprints were manipulative, but not full-proof. Grunt embraces being a Krogan, and Krogans fucking hate Turians and Salarians. Also, I'd like to point out taking pleasure in the idea of peeling someone like a grape is a little different than general mistrust too.

>How do you want to define this complete disregard of rights?
Something fucked up, but decidedly not racist. In carrying out her duty, Samara takes racial and cultural blindness to the extreme. The only thing that matters is her law, and those who break it. Racism is concerned with race, Justicars by their very nature have no such concern whatsoever.

>The imprints were manipulative, but not foolproof
Still something that would prove a much more difficult internal struggle to free one's mind from than something you got from lousy parents. And then there's the fact that the Krogan are a race that were uplifted while they were still a barbaric, tribal culture. We might expect more from our own on the subject of not being racist, given human experience on the subject. And then there's the fact that Grunt spent most of his existence in a tank and has very little personal experience, he would definitely have a lot of social and mental maturing to do on that front.

There's just all sorts of reasons to be more patient with Grunt's racism than Ashley's.

I normally kill kaiden since I play male paragon shep. And I like her in me3 despite her whore outfit and facial surgery.

Where the hell is the KOTOR remake

Liara is the obvious canon choice for shepard though, it's pushed so hard.

/thread

I just replayed Mass effect 1 and holy shit is it good.
Not sure if I like 2 though.

2 is my favourite. I know the storyline is shittier and hate that they changed the music genre for it but the character stories are all great to me. I don't like jacob but like his rapey dad island plot.

That's always been a hard choice for me because I like both of these voice actors.

But Kaidan because bros before hos. Also because I already know Tali will be my future wife. I can't have other tits distracting me on board a tiny ship. Liara is bad enough.

Kaiden lived
Ashley was a literal nobody glorified security guard who wasn't even comfortable working with my crew.
Kaiden was my lieutenant

Kaidan didn't have a family though. Ashley had sisters that could carry on the Williams bloodline if she died in battle. Kaidan was a great soldier and deserved to get some puss so he can carry on the Alenko bloodline.

I've thought about this too much. I apologize.

Kaidan, dude might be boring but he's also a sentinel, ashley's just a random grunt.

>The romance song in ME3 is called "I Was Lost Without You".
>Ashey is the only character to say "I was lost without you." towards maleShep if you romanced her.

I'm not saying that makes her canon, just food for thought. The canon version is whatever decisions you made in these games.

Kaiden is plain boring while Ashley is insufferable

2 focuses more on characters than the story in comparison to 1

Kaiden > Ashley
for eternity

liara can't die, ashley died for 70% of players, liara has her own dlc, apartment, more dialogue lines, vital to the story, etc.

ashley because waifu (kinda)
to be honest after the first mission i left kaiden forever forgoten

me1: ashley + garrus or wrex
me2: miranda + garrus or legion
me3: ashley + garrus
mea: cora + vetra

no one can replace my miranda :(

Kaiden? He died for me after Garrus joined my team lol
Ashley was pretty shitty same and the blue ugly thing. Tali and Garrus are the only worthy party members in ME1.
But if we're talking about ME2/3 Tali was my waifu.

After Ashley shot Rex I couldn't trust her with a team of Aliens to storm the base so I put her on bomb duty. Despite my hate of her the bomb was more important than the AA guns so she got saved by accident. Every interaction since then was me telling her to fuck off.

1 focuses on universe-building and the overall story
2 focuses on character interaction and small story arcs
3 focuses on shitting on everything the previous two games had built

>After Ashley shot Rex I couldn't trust her

YOU fucked up if she had to save your ass

He didn't have a gun out and I was talking him down.

>someone never had Ash in their party when approached my humanity first

She instantly calls them out on their racist bullshit.

Obviously not