youtube.com/watch?v=HoMx0BTPVgE
youtube.com/watch?v=yhCpA4fJ8g0
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

ok

what sound do they make again?

whens 4

Whick Pik type is your favorite

2 > 1 > 3

Pikmin 3 is the only game I've played I consider to be perfect. I can't find a single flaw with it

1=2=3
they are all the best in their own way

This nigga gets it

>I don't like Pikmin yet I'm posting in this thread.
Get fucked OP.

Blue is the best. Going in water and shit, don't have to worry about drowning like the other dumb fucks

the soundtracks are comfy af

youtube.com/watch?v=4ihknTHRZ1k

>two years ago Miyamoto said that Pikmin 4 was close to being done
>not even an official announcement
What THE FUCK

id let pikmin crawl around in my ass and harvest resources never played pikmin either

Hello darkness my old friend.

>SSB4 Olimar alt costume is Alph
>Not Louie
>Purples replaced with Rocks

Still an Olimar main but I was miffed

JUST

I'd eat my own shit for Pikmin 4

the only reason i never got 100% in P2 was the challenge level with like 3 of these fuckers and you only get a handful of purples
I've still never beaten it as an adult

Convince me to start up Hey PIkmin

which Pikmin is your favorite? Mine is yellow, its my favorite color and their ears are so cute

Hell yeah I do

I like purple because they remind me of myself.

Fat and good at breaking shit.

DELET THIS

White the best

Red because they were the first ones you got in 1.

White. Rip me I guess.

Pikmin has the deepest caves.

hi i like pikmin

>TFW you realize you're not the only one on Sup Forums who low-key realizes Pikmin is Nintendo's best franchise

I loved what 3 did with caves. the system worked fine in 2, but it didnt make any real sense. having them seamlessly part of the overworld was wonderful

I love Pikmin! How did Hey Pikmin end up being? I wasn't much into the demo so I didn't get it.

daily reminder that hey pikmin is an abomination and nintendo better rectify it by announcing pikmin 4 soon

Pikmin 1 was low-key dark as fuck

>Just your average 9-5 Joe
>flying home to see his wife and kids
>gets knocked out of the sky by a 1-in-infinity chance encounter with a meteor.
>barely survive the crash
>the ship you've cared for and meticulously upgraded is totalled
>your life support tells you that you only have 30 days to live
>refuse to accept death as an option
>discover Pikmin, they remind you of home
>you become increasingly horrified at the creatures on this planet and the ways they end your Pikmin
>every night you dream of seeing your wife's face again
>collect all your ships parts in time to leave the planet
>make it back home
>the literal second you land your greedy boss tells you the souvenir you saved for your son is worth a fortune and forces you to go back.
>you don't even get to see your family again before you leave

Realistically do you think we're gonna see a Switch Pikmin game or just a rerelease of 3?
I'd be down with a package of 1-3 in one game.

They are all pretty cute but purp is best.

Pink. I refuse to call them winged or greys rock. Used to be white but they got outclassed hard.

they're just such pure games. extremely simple, but elegant and fun.

I really didn't care for 3 either. The gimmick was having 3 captains but it's not like you ever split them up to multi-task or anything. You'd only ever use more than one when it came to puzzles that needed an extra dude to throw them.

2>1=3 is the true equation.

Best Pikmin game reporting in. I recently went back and 100%'d the game again as an adult and man does it hold up.

I still remember playing battle mode with my best bud. We'd ban the use of the potion buffs since they ruined it, and we'd always have a gearing up phase. These rules were more for the benefit of my bud cuz cheeky shit young me was a cheap whore who'd abuse anything powerful to win. We'd also use to play on level that spawned in the giant raging long legs just so we could coop kill the boss together. Imagine our excitement when I discovered the coop challenge mode. That was even more fun times as we worked to perfect every single one of those.

My favourite experience with the game has to be watching my bud play through the submerged castle, which is a dungeon where the entrance is underwater so you can only bring blue pikmin but it features electrical, fire, and poison hazards to fuck with your all blue pikmin team. He had a strong group of 100 blue pikmin and 4 bulbmin, those god pikmin that can do everything, and he ended up running straight into an electricity wall. He was holding C stick as he did it so his stupid pikmin all marched to their deaths since the game eats your last input when you get zapped and replicates it. In the course of 3 seconds he went from a squadron of 104 to a miniscule 4. Worst part is he was playing 'legit', no resets, so he ended up clearing the dungeon up to a geyser with his 4 measly bulbmin. It took ages breaking all the walls along the way, and when he surfaced he immediately got a pikmin extinction since the bulbmin don't follow you to the surface. Shit was so funny.

Also obligatory waterwraith was FUCKING horrifying. Seriously fucked my shit up, senpai. During my adult replay I was able to bum rush the dungeon since I knew what was up but as a kid I was in tears. I'd almost always end up downing Louie in that dungeon using him as a decoy.

Seriously, Pikmin 2 is by far my favourite console game.

Super Metroid, REmake, Bloodborne and Pikmin 2 are the only 10/10 games in existence.

I still preferred the dungeon caves but if they ever bring them back they need to actually have a set design, not randomized.

Is 3 worth getting a Wii U for if I really like the first two? Or should I just wait for 4?

ya got me

>Bloodborne

Kill yourself.

>he doesnt split up his captains
wtf is wrong with you, did it take you 30 days to beat the game or something?

The flavour text on everything was such an awesome reward for collecting every treasure/enemy. I'd sit awake at night with the lights off reading all of Olimar's entries on enemies and treasures. Then you even got bonuses for 100% in the form of Louie's cooking tips and the ship's sales pitches. Q U A L I T Y C O M F Y

I don't like Pikmin but I'm posting in this thread anyway.

If Pikmin 3 is the only Wii U game you want then don't bother, but if you have like 4-5 games in mind then go for it.

I enjoyed this game the most because every fight was a challenge. There usually wasn't a surefire way to avoid losing Pikmin, and if you messed up you could lose a whole chunk of your squad and make the fight much more difficult

>Playing the 2-player challenges with my pal
>Purple rank them all expecting some kind of small reward
>Absolutely nothing

Louie's cooking tips were hilarious, one of my favorite parts of the game

There's just not very many opportunities to split people up. Game's really light on content.

for me a lot of the fun was finding how efficient I could be and knocking as many days off my time as possible. if you play that way, captain micromanagement is a huge part of the game

>Pikmin 1 is old enough to drive in a month
Where'd the time go?

2>1>>>>>>Any solid 8/10 game
Wish Pikmin 3's controls weren't so fucked up. Having 3 pilots was cool though

That one was so easy. Man at Legs challenge was the fucked up one

1>2>3

I wish they did something more with the fruit juice mechanic. Not even a DSP tier gamer could possibly run out. It would be nice if they let you expend fruit juice to gain some boosts like running faster, enhance whistle, turn a certain amount of pikmin into flower pikmin, etc. Could change up how runs go.

Otherwise yeah I wasn't fond of 3 at first, but after experimenting with using the touch screen to automate captain movement, it absolutely changes up how the gam is played and makes it much better

If your only goal is to beat the game, yeah, but using captain management you can beat the game in like 7/8 days. I almost always have 3 captains doing 3 things at once on my 8 day run. It makes the game so much funner when you learn where everything is and have the captains tackle 3 fruit at once as efficiently as possible

i think the touch screen is what impressed me the most. considering most Wii U games just completely ignored it, or else had a really garbage system using it(looking at you, paper mario), having a super convenient map/management system was absolutely perfect

who /purplepik/ here
when are our boys returning, whitebros?

I want to fuck a Pikmin.

delete this.

Famalam, the reward was a special animated short that shows Louie stealing all the golden pikpik's. My disc was scratched though and after I worked tirelessly to purple rank every single one the game would fail to read every time I tried to watch the video. Man thanks for reminding me, I'll go watch it now online.

youtube.com/watch?v=yhCpA4fJ8g0

I played the second but it didn't pull me in the way the first game did. Since I never finished two i never played 3.

1 is my favorite, I absolutely love the time limits.

Well that was disappointing.

playing through 2 as fast as possible is really fun. I think the fastest time you can get is 13 days, I managed to hit 14 without using any sort of a guide. make your own time limit!

Like your dick would even fit

My first playthrough naturally ended in the failed-escape ending after beating the final boss on the last day. It fucked me up for a bit and I had to stop a while before I could try again

The gangs all here

>2 white
>no yellow
>no red
>no grey
>no pink
user...

Pikmin's really great. Hopefully the next one has multitasking like 3 has.

okay

Did the 3ds game turn out to be any good? I didn't even realize it was already out.

Dude I love Pikmin
Best enemy selection of any series, the world feels so alive.
Yellow, I'm a sucker for the adorable ears

I want a pikmin racewar in the next game

It's got a 69 metascore and 6.1 user score. I don't know how good it is first-hand because I'm not going to support them making a 2d platformer instead of a real pikmin game on the 3ds.

>Implying that doesn't already happen when Olimar leaves their planet

I think I also liked the ost and added pikmin chatter a little less. I'm not sure, I can't really explain it but the same way the first metroid prime just feels like a completely separate game from the series that 2 started the games down, I feel the exact same way about the first pikmin.
Metroid prime /Pikmin were great standalone games that were just unique in tone. metroid prime 2/pikmin 2 had elements that were different that the first game, ended up continued in 3, and got rolled into smash bros.and stuff as well.

It's one of the very few things I go full autist about

It's just one of those cases where the first entry is fantastic, but the second is pretty obviously meant to be part of a series with everything that comes after.

Maybe if I played pikmin 2 at launch I would have felt different about it, but by the time I played it 3 and two versions of smash bros were already out

>First Federation Force
>Now Hey! Pikmin
Sometimes I wonder how Nintendo made it as far as they did.

If I do. Will Pikmin 4 come with a built in level editor?

By not misusing their IP. Nintendo has forgotten they can make games that aren't Metroid/Zelda/Pikmin/Mario/etc. In another timeline Federation Force would have been a completely new sci-fi setting. It wouldn't have saved the gameplay but it probably wouldn't have bombed as hard as it did.

Federation Force is a good game though.

Yup. A good game to break metriod fans hearts until Prime 4 came and stitched it back up again.

1 is the best. Fight me fuckers

Pink, one of my favorite colors.

what was 3 released on?

Why is the blue fatter than the purple?

Purple the best pikbros

Nintendo Wii U

Louie not being an alt costume made me sad

>Pikmin
>Level Editor
Would be absolutely amazing. Hell, I wouldn't even mind if they made another spin-off title of Pikmin in the same vein as Mario Maker just for that purpose.

It's truly a shame the game isn't popular enough for such a thing to be a reality

Seriously that game is so good. I'd want pikmin 4 to be in that direction too. I'd like to see more fleshed out multiplayer, stuff like siege/defending and lots of game modes. Would be really neat if done well

Its a knock off. My friend got it for me from somewhere I forget.

>the pikmin 2 final boss fight
>Louie can control the spider
>the spider actively tries to kill you
>multiple times